Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Wonderland Project: Planning and OOCs - OPEN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Where do your loyalties lie?
  Gold!!!
  Long live the Queen of Hearts!
  Long live the Queen of Diamonds!
  I like toast.
  Long live the Queen of Clubs!
  Long live the Queen of Spades!
  To hell with them all!
  Don't know and have no opinion.
  *throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
  Loyalty? What's that?
View Results

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:17 pm
Rhymes:
To hear or make rhymes in your dream indicate that you are seeking balance and harmony in your life.

Rhymes may be a way for you to better remember an important component in your dream when you wake. Focus on what it may be trying to tell you.

Character
To dream that you are playing a character indicates that you are avoiding some responsibility or refusing to acknowledge your role in it. Alternatively the dream means that you are putting on an act. By playing a character, you are pretending be someone else instead of being yourself. Consider a situation in your waking life where you are not being genuine.

Fictional Character
To see a fictional character in your dream implies that you are trying to escape from your own reality. Consider the qualities of the fictional character and how you may need to incorporate or acknowledge those qualities within yourself. Alternatively, the fictional character may be an archetypal symbol depending on the character.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:39 pm
Ha, I wasn't really looking all that deeply into it, but yes, I'm entirely sure it's about balance. In addition to the rhyme, sex is also a symbol of balance in dreams, plus Tes and Miro specifically are my yin and yang, which I've acknowledged for years, such as in this excerpt from my journal:

Quote:
Then somewhere in there came Miro... She is my feminine side; the yin to my yang. The optimism I reached for when reality seemed so dark and unsettling. She is the force that continues to breathe life back into me when I feel dead inside.

In recent reads of the journal entry, I've determined my analysis of my characters and what they represent was mostly accurate, but there are some details I didn't quite get right; the biggest of which being the relationship between Miro and Vassnta. At no point did Miro ever really try to heal him, but he was constantly trying to heal her. And he still is. All the while, she doesn't even know how much she needs it and is, instead, seeking out Draa. Though there is still merit to that pursuit, I'm left wondering if Draa's rejection of her is because she's too broken to heal him.

I could go further into the dynamics of the Miro/Draa/Vass relationship, but I'm not sure if that would technically be considered spoilery since it might come up in the roleplay. All my characters have a personal meaning to me and I sometimes unconsciously work through my issues via the stories I write with them apparently. I didn't even realize it during all those years of roleplaying, but somehow became aware of it a while back around when the spouse and I separated.

Suffice it to say, in real life, my Tes/Miro ratio isn't as balanced as I would like it to be. In my alternate universe stories that I've got stashed away in my head, there's a lot of back and forth between the two: some where Tes rejects Miro and others where Miro rejects Tes. I don't think there's any where they're actually together and happy like in the dream.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:38 am
Ah... so much easier to write late at night when it's all quiet. This is going to ******** with my attempt to get back into an exercise routine, though stressed

But uh... so... you know how I said I was going to add a little more set up, narration, and some Vass/Miro dialogue to the beginning of the chapter? Well, I just finished with that part and... it's just over 1600 words emotion_facepalm Comparatively, the first {and shortest} chapter is just over 1900 words. So, depending on how much what was actually played out here ends up filling when it's converted, I might decide to split it into two chapters; a short one with everything before the fight scene and then the fight scene with the following conversation about thingies.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:01 am
Can Tip posts in guilds now, at 10,000,000 gold per Tip.  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:34 pm
Holy crap... I didn't even notice that. When did that happen? We've been asking for that for years rofl

On the topic of the Wonderland Project: the good news is that I will have an update ready for Monday and thus be getting back on a schedule. The bad news is that this is only possible because I decided to split the chapter, meaning it's the part with just Miro and Vass and there's still the whole fight scene to convert emotion_facepalm But more good news on that end, I had some really good ideas of how to tweak certain parts of the fight and to fit in the table flip. Now let's just hope I remember them by the time I get to those parts in the scene sweatdrop

I've been doing a lot of internal debate throughout the process about if I've gone the complete opposite way and am now doing too much description. There's a balance that needs to be there. I had cut too much description for a lot of the earlier chapters and have thus been adding more starting from the last chapter, but I don't want to drone for seemingly forever on details either.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:28 pm
It might help if you write out the ideas you have if you're afraid of forgetting them. Even if it's just a basic outline to remind you of what you were thinking that you can fill in later. That usually helps me.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:56 am
ThisEmptySoul
Holy crap... I didn't even notice that. When did that happen? We've been asking for that for years rofl

I just found this out yesterday morning, through a new thread in another guild. The price is 10,000,000 gold or 1 platinum per tip, depending on which version of currency you are on. Unfortunately, guild tipping takes you to another confirmation page, unlike in the forums where you stay on the same page and get a little thank you confirmation speech bubble thingie.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:12 am
Goddamn... it's 4 in the morning already? gonk Having been on a day schedule, it's actually a miracle I'm still up at this hour and not completely brain dead....

Anyhow, I'm pretty much on the last post of the conversion. I just reached where Dougherty comes in, so feel free to proceed with the next chapter or whatever other shenanigans. Given Psy is temporary director, I'll leave the day change in her hands.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:55 pm
And now -I- HAVE THE POWER!!!! twisted  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:21 pm
Ms Lia has discovered another little tidbit for gaia gold and cash fetching just now. Apparently if you click on the image banners of the announcements in the Bulletin Board of the Gaia Main Page; where there's a little piece of candy in the upper right corner, you get either a *ahem* a s**t ton of gaia gold, or a little gaia cash, or both.
ninja

It's crazy I only clicked on it since it had the candy on it to see if that's one of the ways to collect candy since they haven't done the Trick or Treating event in the shops yet. I scroll down and there's a button that says "Claim Reward" so I click it. BOOM. Hauk's allowance grows 300,000,000 gold and 9 gaia cash. eek  

Anira Tiernay

Self-sustaining Businesswoman

17,000 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:16 pm
Sweet  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:52 pm
That was something implemented when they changed the front page. Didn't occur to me that people would have missed that announcement sweatdrop

The gold amount is high because of the introduction of the platinum currency. I forget what the exchange rate is, but I get between 1 and 3 platinum per candy banner thing whatever. I switched to it because it makes selling easier when I don't have to count out a bunch of zeros.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:03 pm
Officially finished converting chapter 10 now, by the way. Going to let it sit and then reread and edit it over the weekend before putting it up on Monday. Feels nice to be ahead of the update schedule for once instead of hammering it out the weekend before update time and only having Monday morning to reread and edit it sweatdrop

Might get a head start on converting the current chapter now to try staying ahead.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:01 pm
Off topic: just noticed Psy’s Art Thread...

*clicks-* xd

*post* ... "Error: this thread is old and decrepit, try a new thread" stare

I call geezer discrimination. stressed

*Smacks Gaia with the pointy end of her cane!* evil  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:57 pm
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Brat would post that on my Birthday. xp  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games