Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
I'm going to be talking for a long, long time. 8D Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:05 pm
Yokies
XxAriaxX

Oh I see. o: Well that isn't too long, I hope it doesn't take longer than that~
Yeah, they would need time to get it online and then subtitle it. XD;

It's good to take that all into account. The job market is tough in all careers right now, but some are worse than others. Of course that can't determine completely what you want to do, or you might be unhappy with your choice. D=
Yeah... A career counsellor told to the class that we should not choose a career just because it is really in need because it takes 3-4 years to complete a degree, it might change.

It is better to choose a job with our interests.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:26 pm
XxAriaxX

Yeah, it's kind of hard to pick something, since it could always change down the road.

That's true, that way there is less chance that you will grow to hate it.
And then if you spent all that money and time on the studies, you feel like you can't quit.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:12 am
Yokies

Yeah, I'd like to give out a little bit, but definitely not all of it. Even if I decided today that I wanted to quit Gaia, I would never know if I EVER did want to come back, so I'd like at least most of my stuff here waiting for me, so I probably wouldn't sell/donate TOO much lol.

Well, some Flying-types can actually learn Heat Wave, so that's something to think about. Though even if it did look like fire, it could have been something else, who knows. We'll have to see what kind of animations everything is given, and what new moves they're going to introduce. o: They might make a more.. male-ish counterpart, because she definitely is rather girly. For the other ones, they're mostly 'unisex', or something that isn't TOO girly (looking at you, Espeon and Glaceon, lol). Ninfia is just.. well over the top girly power to the max yo. XD
Oh wow, Whispeon would be so cool. xD Funny part is, I can tell what pieces they took from other Pokemon sprites to make those haha.

User Image User Image

You know, I could never really know how people can keep their charities alive. I mean, where did they get all their funds? Is all their own or do they also have some kind of quest thread where they ask for donations for their charities?

True, Volcarona is flying but her Heat Wave's deadly. Although, I don't think she's a valid example since she's part fire sweatdrop
      Yeah, it's definitely obvious that she's female. I mean, how awkward would be for her to be 50-50 male with all the ribbons and stuff xD
      I know right? I do wish that they would make eeveelutions of all the 17 types, it would just be so cool~ Really? I though they were originals xD

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:14 am
Yokies

User Image User Image

Oh, and your avi right now looks really nice~

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:15 am
Yokies
XxAriaxX

Yeah, it's kind of hard to pick something, since it could always change down the road.

That's true, that way there is less chance that you will grow to hate it.
And then if you spent all that money and time on the studies, you feel like you can't quit.
Your avatar is amazing everytime you change it ! 4laugh
I'm going to do a table with the career I am considering and what are the pro and cons for me. XD It would help me to decide I guess.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:28 am
Louisa Iris

Some users do ask for donations to keep their charities running. I know of some that sell off some of their own items because the only reason they started the charity is because they weren't really active here anymore. They keep like, their most used and favorite items, and will slowly sell off the rest as they need gold. Then of course some don't start until they have massive funds for it. And of course they can counter not having a crap ton of funds if they only give maybe 25-50k donations at a time. I don't know too many charities that give out huge donations like 500k-1mil on the daily basis (only for like, big winners of events and stuff).

I though Volcarona retained her Bug-type. o.o The Pidgey, Spearow, Starly, Murkrow and Pidove evolution line can learn it. So can Togekiss, and Aerodactyl, even Farfetch'd! Dragon-types like Dragonite and Druddigon can too, but of course they're Dragon and they learn a lot of things anyway lol.
It would be a little awkward, but hey, look at Gardevoir. xD They made her totally to be girly and still gave her a 50/50 gender ratio lol.
Yeah, it'd be neat to finally have them in all types, but it's understandable that they don't, since they'd have to release a bunch of them at the same time and they'd take up a chunk of the next couple of generations, if they got that far. xD And yeah, they used some parts of other Pokemon, like Whispeon is actually using Haunter's hands.

And thank you! emotion_kirakira

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:29 am
XxAriaxX

Thank you so much! emotion_kirakira
That would definitely help~ You would get more information and know what are the best parts for you. c:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:30 am
Yokies

Some users do ask for donations to keep their charities running. I know of some that sell off some of their own items because the only reason they started the charity is because they weren't really active here anymore. They keep like, their most used and favorite items, and will slowly sell off the rest as they need gold. Then of course some don't start until they have massive funds for it. And of course they can counter not having a crap ton of funds if they only give maybe 25-50k donations at a time. I don't know too many charities that give out huge donations like 500k-1mil on the daily basis (only for like, big winners of events and stuff).

I though Volcarona retained her Bug-type. o.o The Pidgey, Spearow, Starly, Murkrow and Pidove evolution line can learn it. So can Togekiss, and Aerodactyl, even Farfetch'd! Dragon-types like Dragonite and Druddigon can too, but of course they're Dragon and they learn a lot of things anyway lol.
It would be a little awkward, but hey, look at Gardevoir. xD They made her totally to be girly and still gave her a 50/50 gender ratio lol.
Yeah, it'd be neat to finally have them in all types, but it's understandable that they don't, since they'd have to release a bunch of them at the same time and they'd take up a chunk of the next couple of generations, if they got that far. xD And yeah, they used some parts of other Pokemon, like Whispeon is actually using Haunter's hands.

And thank you! emotion_kirakira

User Image User Image

It's really hard to start (and keep alive) a charity I guess. There's just so many things that you have to consider, particularly the funds. Me, I could personally never start one... the most that I can do is to give away some extra money I have once I ended a certain quest of mine sweatdrop
      Yeah, I have seen one girl giving out loads of gold. But her rules were very stringent, like in most of the cases, she just gave the girl to her friends.

Yeah, she did retain her bug-type ability. Oh hell, I forgot my point already rofl I dunno, I just don't think she'd be a flying-type even if she does look a lot like Skyla xD
      That is true. Then they also created Gallade, who's 100% male. Yeah, sometimes, they're just weird... but we can't help but love their weirdness c:

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:03 pm
Louisa Iris

Yeah, it's pretty tough. Many charities that start don't make it but for a year or less. It really takes time and dedication to keep a charity running for years. Some people have done it, but only a handful honestly.
That happens, they basically just give mostly to their friends. xD I mean, I don't see anything wrong in that, but I guess I just don't see the point in making a charity when you really only want to give to your friends anyway.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. xD I just hope it isn't a type that makes no sense at all lol.
I suppose they just didn't want to go back and make Gardevoir 100% female since there were so many males out there anyway. XD;

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:51 am
Yokies

Yeah, it's pretty tough. Many charities that start don't make it but for a year or less. It really takes time and dedication to keep a charity running for years. Some people have done it, but only a handful honestly.
That happens, they basically just give mostly to their friends. xD I mean, I don't see anything wrong in that, but I guess I just don't see the point in making a charity when you really only want to give to your friends anyway.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. xD I just hope it isn't a type that makes no sense at all lol.
I suppose they just didn't want to go back and make Gardevoir 100% female since there were so many males out there anyway. XD;

User Image User Image

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with that... it's just a bit weird to place it in a public place only to give out privately sweatdrop
      It takes a lot of dedication to keep anything alive and running. I found a quest thread that was running for 7 years, mostly on her own bumps and a few chats with her friends. You could say that it's not that active (and yeah, it was actually closed by the time I saw it), but still... 7 whole years of just yourself bumping? Hand's down to her.

True, although I doubt that they will make it out like that. I haven't heard of them making some nonsense stuff out of the game.
      Well, they could have decided in the very beginning to make her 100% female. I mean, just look at the entire Kirlia family: they look like girls. Kind of like making it like the Nidoqueen and Nidoking family... you definitely know who's a boy and who's a girl.

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:03 am
Louisa Iris

Yeah, it just seems kind of pointless if people who aren't your friends have a very little chance at getting a donation from you. sweatdrop
Wow, I wonder how much gold all that bumping got her in the end, that's a ton of bumping. I don't think I would have kept up with something like that for very long, especially if it was almost only me doing all the posting. ._.

I guess not. P: Some people are actually now hoping Ninfia will be a Dragon-type. I've seen people compare her colors and design to Iris's clothing. xD
I suppose so, but I guess they didn't really think about it at that point. I mean, I guess that's why they did make Gallade, because they probably realized "wait, we kind of screwed up guys". xD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:16 am
Yokies

Yeah, it just seems kind of pointless if people who aren't your friends have a very little chance at getting a donation from you. sweatdrop
Wow, I wonder how much gold all that bumping got her in the end, that's a ton of bumping. I don't think I would have kept up with something like that for very long, especially if it was almost only me doing all the posting. ._.

I guess not. P: Some people are actually now hoping Ninfia will be a Dragon-type. I've seen people compare her colors and design to Iris's clothing. xD
I suppose so, but I guess they didn't really think about it at that point. I mean, I guess that's why they did make Gallade, because they probably realized "wait, we kind of screwed up guys". xD

User Image User Image

Well, why bother posting in a public place where strangers can see that you have million gold to give out? If that were me, I would have just sent gifts to my friends, or trade, and PMs telling them why they're suddenly getting all those gold from me.
      I like bumping because it's the lazy people's way to earn gold. But I'm not going to say that I can beat her record... I wouldn't even know where I would be by 7 years time xD

Really? Dragon-type eh... Well, I guess if you do look at her for a long time, she might look like Iris. But at first glance, she really reminded me of Skyla.
      Haha, I love your term: "we screwed up guys" rofl But yeah, you have a point. I wonder why they don't just lessen the probability of getting a male Gardevoir...

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:34 pm
Louisa Iris
[/quote
I don't know, I guess they just wanted to show off how much they had, and how "generous" they were, without actually having to give any to any strangers. That's the only thing I can think of, unless in the beginning they really thought about donating to everyone, but decided she really wanted to give to her friends, but didn't want to close the charity. Or she really just wanted people to do all those crazy stupid rules and thought they were fine. O.o;
Well, after a while even bumping would take a lot of effort, especially if you did it for that long, so I wouldn't say it's the lazy person's way of making gold. XD

Yeah, she still reminded everyone of Skyla more so than Iris. I can see Iris because the colors of her clothes match pretty well, plus she wore a ribbon in her hair, and had a ribbon type thing on her clothes. Skyla isn't exactly the same colors, but they sort of share an expression.
That's what I would have thought haha. I'm starting to wonder, if someone in the team didn't even think about it and gave Gardevoir a 50/50 ratio and then when it went live nobody noticed. XDD I guess maybe you could say if they tried fixing it, they'd have to acknowledge they messed up, and maybe they just didn't want to do that haha.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:25 am
Yokies

I don't know, I guess they just wanted to show off how much they had, and how "generous" they were, without actually having to give any to any strangers. That's the only thing I can think of, unless in the beginning they really thought about donating to everyone, but decided she really wanted to give to her friends, but didn't want to close the charity. Or she really just wanted people to do all those crazy stupid rules and thought they were fine. O.o;
Well, after a while even bumping would take a lot of effort, especially if you did it for that long, so I wouldn't say it's the lazy person's way of making gold. XD

Yeah, she still reminded everyone of Skyla more so than Iris. I can see Iris because the colors of her clothes match pretty well, plus she wore a ribbon in her hair, and had a ribbon type thing on her clothes. Skyla isn't exactly the same colors, but they sort of share an expression.
That's what I would have thought haha. I'm starting to wonder, if someone in the team didn't even think about it and gave Gardevoir a 50/50 ratio and then when it went live nobody noticed. XDD I guess maybe you could say if they tried fixing it, they'd have to acknowledge they messed up, and maybe they just didn't want to do that haha.

User Image User Image

That is true. Sometimes, it's just tedious to do all those requirements. Like, stating that they have to be known first before they're granted any donations. How could you be known when you don't really talk to you? Like, you just keep on talking to the people you know about and cold-shoulder new comers?
      But then, maybe it's also some sort of protection for unscrupulous people. I mean, they worked hard for the money that they've earned, it would be a shame to just send it all away to people who're just lying or something...
      Well, compared to booty grab and zOMG, bumping's a lazy-man's choice xD

There's this one image that I found which gave a pretty good explanation as to why he/she thinks Ninfia is a flying type. Here's the link, see for yourself. I pretty much believe this explanation, even if it is kind of weird to have her as a flying type. Although, there are some angles of her that remind you of Victini...
      That is true, making changes could sometimes indirectly lead to admitting mistakes made. But it really is quite weird, considering that starting from Kirlia, they looked like a girl sweatdrop

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:20 am
Louisa Iris

Yeah, I don't really see how that would work. It's hard to follow through on a requirement like that, because what if you guys just have nothing in common? What if you can't strike up a conversation with the person, but you can with some of their friends? Do they still not deserve a donation just because they couldn't be your friend? If I had the "known" requirement in my hypothetical charity thread, I wouldn't make it known to just me. I would make it known to the whole thread. Like people see you and know you've been there. Like.. a regular. rofl
That is also true, you don't want to give your gold to someone who is actually lying about it. I remember one time, I saw a story of a girl who decided to be generous to someone. Well, the person was wanting a Kanoko's Nightmares I believe. One of the Kanoko's either that one or Dark Reflection since at the time those were the only two. Well, the girl saw how much the person acted like they wanted it, so she gifted it to her, completely free, not strings attached. Well, the other girl ended up trying to sell it as soon as she got it, and that caused the girl to never want to donate to anyone but her friends from then on.
I suppose if you really compare them that's true. xD

Well, I would say that's a pretty good theory! It's hard to believe the diagram would be set up that way on pure coincidence. I mean, if it were, I would be pretty surprised. Ah well, at least she would be what I thought she would be all along. XD;
Yeah, I would say Kirlia could have been unisex, if it didn't have the pigtails for her "hair". Even the little skirt I would have overlooked if it weren't for those. xD; Since you know, there are male dancers and such. But yeah, Kirlia definitely looks like a little girl, so it's just weird no matter what that they made the line 50/50 lol.

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games