Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:48 pm
If Valac becomes unconscious because of this...  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:35 pm
Mongooseh

Then Shayne ends up full of arrows.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:38 pm
PupSage
Mongooseh

He's in cahoots with the bandits!  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:54 pm
Mongooseh
PupSage
Mongooseh

The old fake prisoner bit.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:10 pm
PupSage
Mongooseh
PupSage
Mongooseh

The old fake prisoner bit.

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:40 pm
For when my turn comes around, was I able to hear this bit?

Kowsauni
The rest of the bandits seem visibly unnerved by Valac except for the leader who smiles at him. He dosen't seem to pay Twyla any attention. "I see, we are both men of violence. I can respect that. Tell you what. Why don't we just let you guys go through, free of charge. You don't give us any trouble we wont bother you. A promise from one blood thirsty mongrel to another."

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:01 pm
Yes, Revenge heard this bit of the conversation.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:19 pm
PupSage
Kuori headed towards the trees to skirt the forrest. (I29) She fired two more arrows at the archer that had hit her, designating him as her quarry. Best to take out both archers first.

19 vs A1 AC
25 vs A1 AC

Twin strike, hunters quarry, move to I29
if 1 hit, 11 dmg, if both hit +2 more

In the future when you use a double attack I would like to see you list the damage specific to each attack next to it and then your hunter quarry damage separately. In this case the first attack missed but the second hit and I had to go back and look at damage dice you rolled and then add in the hunter quarry to figure out what damage you did. Also, you are forgetting to add in your bracers of archery which add +2 damage to your ranged attacks. This applies to both attacks in twin strike.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:44 am
Kowsauni
PupSage
Kuori headed towards the trees to skirt the forrest. (I29) She fired two more arrows at the archer that had hit her, designating him as her quarry. Best to take out both archers first.

19 vs A1 AC
25 vs A1 AC

Twin strike, hunters quarry, move to I29
if 1 hit, 11 dmg, if both hit +2 more

In the future when you use a double attack I would like to see you list the damage specific to each attack next to it and then your hunter quarry damage separately. In this case the first attack missed but the second hit and I had to go back and look at damage dice you rolled and then add in the hunter quarry to figure out what damage you did. Also, you are forgetting to add in your bracers of archery which add +2 damage to your ranged attacks. This applies to both attacks in twin strike.

That's what I did. If it had been a table game I would only roll damage for attacks that hit. The first one did 10+1 dmg +2 for the bracers, the second one did 1+1+2.
So if one hit, the first roll applies, if both hit, both rolls apply, since in a table game scenario the second roll would have never happened.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:59 am
Kowsauni

Valac will accept the chance to spend a healing surge as such heals 12+3. And to pre empt regens 2 at the start of his turn.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:44 pm
Mongooseh

Valac will accept the chance to spend a healing surge as such heals 12+3. And to pre empt regens 2 at the start of his turn.

I wanted to give out +5 temp HP, too, but I ran out of actions to activate my Bolstering Speech... In retrospect, I should have activated Skald's Aura before combat. Next time!  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:51 pm
AlphabetFish
Mongooseh

I wanted to give out +5 temp HP, too, but I ran out of actions to activate my Bolstering Speech... In retrospect, I should have activated Skald's Aura before combat. Next time!

The help is appreciated either way... Just not looking forward to having the chance of falling asleep with 3 dudes who want me dead right next to me.

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:10 pm
Kowa, can you replace my attack section with this? Its the same stuff, I just added the dmg and extra fluff.

Add +1 damage for Weapon Focus -- Bow
[color=green][b][AW][/b][/color]Unarmed Melee: +5 [base strength attack] vs AC; damage 1[W]=1d4+3 [strength bonus]
[color=green][b][AW][/b][/color]Greatbow: 9 vs AC [+5 dexterity attack] [+2 half level] [+2 Magic items] damage 1[W]=1d12+6 [dexterity bonus][Bracers of Archery][Weapon Focus] range 25/50 5 lb (Bow) Load free
[color=green][b][AW][/b][/color]Nimble Strike +9 [base dexterity attack] vs AC; Damage 1[W]=1d12+6 [dexterity bonus][Bracers of Archery][Weapon Focus] Shift one square before or after attack
[color=green][b][AW][/b][/color]Twin Strike +9 [base dexterity attack] vs AC Damage: 1[W]=1d12+3 [Bracers of Archery][Weapon Focus]
[color=red][b][E][/b][/color]Two Fanged Strike (ranged) +9 [base dexterity attack] vs AC Damage: 1[W]=1d12+6 [dexterity bonus][Bracers of Archery][Weapon Focus] Two attacks on 1 creature. If both hit, add wis mod dmg.
[color=Grey][b][D][/b][/color]Split the Tree +9 [base dexterity attack] vs AC attack 2 targets within 3 sq of eachother. Roll 2 attacks and apply the higher to both targets.2[W]=2d12+6 [dexterity bonus][Bracers of Archery][Weapon Focus]
[color=red][b][E][/b][/color]Disruptive Shot (ranged) +9 [base dexterity attack] vs AC Damage: 1[W]=1d12+6 [dexterity bonus][Bracers of Archery][Weapon Focus]
[color=Grey][b][D][/b][/color]Splintering Shot +9 [base dexterity attack] vs AC Hit: 3[W] 3d12+6 [dexterity bonus][Bracers of Archery][Weapon Focus] damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of the encounter.
Miss: Half damage, and the target takes a -1 penalty to attack rolls until the end of the encounter.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:27 pm
PupSage
Kowa, can you replace my attack section with this? Its the same stuff, I just added the dmg and extra fluff.

Add +1 damage for Weapon Focus -- Bow
[color=green][b][AW][/b][/color]Unarmed Melee: +5 [base strength attack] vs AC; damage 1[W]=1d4+3 [strength bonus]
[color=green][b][AW][/b][/color]Greatbow: 9 vs AC [+5 dexterity attack] [+2 half level] [+2 Magic items] damage 1[W]=1d12+6 [dexterity bonus][Bracers of Archery][Weapon Focus] range 25/50 5 lb (Bow) Load free
[color=green][b][AW][/b][/color]Nimble Strike +9 [base dexterity attack] vs AC; Damage 1[W]=1d12+6 [dexterity bonus][Bracers of Archery][Weapon Focus] Shift one square before or after attack
[color=green][b][AW][/b][/color]Twin Strike +9 [base dexterity attack] vs AC Damage: 1[W]=1d12+3 [Bracers of Archery][Weapon Focus]
[color=red][b][E][/b][/color]Two Fanged Strike (ranged) +9 [base dexterity attack] vs AC Damage: 1[W]=1d12+6 [dexterity bonus][Bracers of Archery][Weapon Focus] Two attacks on 1 creature. If both hit, add wis mod dmg.
[color=Grey][b][D][/b][/color]Split the Tree +9 [base dexterity attack] vs AC attack 2 targets within 3 sq of eachother. Roll 2 attacks and apply the higher to both targets.2[W]=2d12+6 [dexterity bonus][Bracers of Archery][Weapon Focus]
[color=red][b][E][/b][/color]Disruptive Shot (ranged) +9 [base dexterity attack] vs AC Damage: 1[W]=1d12+6 [dexterity bonus][Bracers of Archery][Weapon Focus]
[color=Grey][b][D][/b][/color]Splintering Shot +9 [base dexterity attack] vs AC Hit: 3[W] 3d12+6 [dexterity bonus][Bracers of Archery][Weapon Focus] damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of the encounter.
Miss: Half damage, and the target takes a -1 penalty to attack rolls until the end of the encounter.

ok, and I understand your attack now that you have explained it.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:15 am
We are 100% resting after this fight. I am about to start busting out the dailys  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games