Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 1 - Beast of a Thousand Knives (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:23 am
With pinpoint accuracy Hakka's shurikens by pass the soldier's chainmail and sink into their flesh. They feel the slowing affect of the poison immediately.

PupSage
You're up!

PupSage rolled 4 20-sided dice: 12, 8, 16, 3 Total: 39 (4-80)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:47 pm
Attacks

(Getting sick, so just stats.)

Shifting up and ro the right 1.
Firing rapid volley, 21vs S13 and 12 vs S12
Split the tree, 22 vs soldier 11 and lt 1 for 19 dmg

If any of these hit, we didn't factor in Marking of the victor on the suprise rd, so It will go to the first hit on this post.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:38 pm
PupSage
Based on your feat I will let you re-roll the first attack you made with Rapid Volley and use either result. You hit both targets with split the tree so go ahead and roll your damage.

I Drink Blue Moon
Go ahead and post your actions as well.

I Drink Blue Moon rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:00 am
"Boom" said Gloom as he shot out an Eldritch Bolt at Soldier 1. Then he would use spectral fade as he shifted back and activate spectral fade, turning invisible and making it appear that he ran off towards qhere Nathaniel was, but he stopped his movement as the invisibility set in.  

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:21 am
PupSage
Roll damage for your first volley shot, you hit!

I Drink Blue Moon
Roll damage as well, you hit!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:04 am
The Sisters' Gambit
User Image

(The dark green areas are difficult terrain and provide partial cover. The brown tree trunks are blocking terrain. The brown area to the north west is Razorclaw's steeply sloping mound. The entire area is brightly lit. Ying and Corsica count as allies to the party. Squares occupied by bodies are difficult terrain.)

Initiative order
Nathaniel:
Corsica: Immobilized
Ying: Marked by S11
Hakka: HP 31/42
Kuori: HP 16/38 Bloodied,
Gloom: HP 14/41 Bloodied Marked by S2
Soldiers: S11 bloodied, S14-15, Slowed
Revenge: HP 28/47 Weakened, Blinded, Prone
Lieutenants:

As Hakka's shuriken sinks into S9, his breathing stops, saving Ying the guilt of having to take his life herself.

Kuori's flurry of arrows rains down on the soldiers, striking all but one of her targets. S11 takes the arrow in his chest and starts to bleed profusely. (S11 Bloodied). L1 yells in anger at being hit.

Gloom blasts S1 in the face, but he still seems to have a fight left in him. ((I know your post reads differently, but I'm assuming you shifted back first otherwise you would take two opportunity attacks for using a ranged attack in melee.))

S1 and S2 once again move up and attack Gloom, each landing a decisive blow. (9, 8 Damage). S11 puts away his crossbow and charges at Ying with his longsword, giving her a nasty gash on her lower body. S15 moves up and slashes at Hakka, but the fox girl nimbly dodges the attack. The rest of the soldiers attack the two sisters, but do not manage to land any blows. Corsica alone fends off the attacks of 5 soldiers, parrying their sword swings with her deadly pincers.

Rain Yupa
Your turn!

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:14 am
38/47 hp, prone (+2 defenses from ranged), blinded for this turn, weakened for this turn, +2 Defenses this turn

STANDARD ACTION

Revenge was blasted by not one, but two spells, leaving him blind, frail, and on the ground. The best he could hope for, was that they left themselves underpowered after casting their good spells..... but he thinks he saw Kuori suffer a similar fate.

Standing up would just make him a target again, especially since he couldn't defend himself from attackers as easily, so he decided to stay down, to make similar ranged spells have trouble hitting him for a second volley.

Quote:
Second Wind; Revenge spends a healing surge and recovers 11 hit points; his defenses are +2 until next turn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:24 pm
The Sisters' Gambit
User Image

(The dark green areas are difficult terrain and provide partial cover. The brown tree trunks are blocking terrain. The brown area to the north west is Razorclaw's steeply sloping mound. The entire area is brightly lit. Ying and Corsica count as allies to the party. Squares occupied by bodies are difficult terrain.)

Initiative order
Nathaniel:
Corsica:
Ying: Marked by S11, weakened
Hakka: HP 40/42 Prone, Blinded
Kuori: HP 21/38
Gloom: HP 34/41 Marked by S2
Soldiers: S4 Grappled, Bloodied S11 Bloodied, S14-15, Slowed
Revenge: HP 47/47 +2 to Defenses, Prone,
Lieutenants:

L1 Points his staff in the sisters' direction, launching twin bolts of necrotic energy at the two girls. However, the Ying and Corsica manage to dodge both attacks. L2 moves back up to Kuori. The lizard man was almost as big as the Goliath. He swipes once more at her with his claws. Kuori valently tries to dodge the fury of blows but still gets caught by one of his claws, giving her a nasty cut on her leg (14 damage). L3 launches his shadowy lighting bolts again but this time at Ying and Corsica. Corsica dodges the blow but Ying gets struck, the attacks saps her of energy and makes her appear enfeebled.(weakened) L4 reloads his hand crossbow and shoots it Corsica, but the scorpion girl deflects it with her armored tail.

A black bolt of energy flies from the trees at Hakka, knocking her off her feet and blinding her. (10 damage, Prone, Blinded) Nathaniel then reapers on the field. He barks orders to his troops. "Bring down Lelena! Lets see how long her sister's will to fight lasts when her sister is in our grasp!"

Corsica screams. "Anyone who touches my sister will be torn limb from limb! You hear me! Stay away from her!" Corsica tires to move but she is still held fast to the ground by the binding earth. In a rage she lashes out again at a soldier next to her. S4 is gripped tightly between her claws and to have barely survived the attack (bloodied). He groans underneath the pressure of her pincers. With a tremendous push of energy the earth cracks from around Corisca's feet and goes flying in all directions, the Scorpion is once again free. "I'm coming for you Nathaniel! I will make you suffer!"

Ying uncoils her body from around limp form of the soldiers. She then scuttles away from those surrounding her. The soldiers lash at her as she moves but she amazingly dodges all of their attacks. Ying moves to the center of the field and stretches her hands outwards. Her lower grappling appendages follow suit. "Spirits of the forest, please. Give me the strength to help my friends!" A burst of positive energy
radiates out across the field from Ying. Hakka's, Kuori's, and Glooms wounds begin heal before everyone eyes.(Everyone can spend healing surge and gain back an additional +10 HP on top of their surge value, Revenge can benefit from this heal as well if he chooses to. Though he may not view Ying as an ally, she still counts on him as one until he attacks her, her sister, or one of the party members. )

Ryssa Blackblood
Go!

Kowsauni
Crew

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:18 pm
A slight wave of panic coursed through the fox girl's mind as she fell to the ground, her eyes going dark. However, even lacking sight, the girl knew that she must go on. She kicked out, hopping back up to her feet in that distinct martial arts acrobatic style (move action), then composed herself into a defensive posture (standard, full defensive). One hand also went to her pouch and fished out a small paper ball. (intending to use an immediate action should someone approach her.)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:22 pm
PupSage
Your turn!

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage rolled 2 20-sided dice: 19, 18 Total: 37 (2-40)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:54 am
Surge spent for +19 hp
Barkskin activated
Twinshot: 26 vs S12 for 9 dmg 25 vs s13 for 14 dmg

Kuori shifted towards Ying Q19 and felt refreshed. Her skin hardened as she lifted her bow and shot the two soldiers she had hit before.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:23 am
Kuori's Arrow's fly true hitting both soldiers and bloodying them!

I Drink Blue Moon
You're Up!

Kowsauni
Crew

I Drink Blue Moon rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:49 am
Gloom uses Soul rend on the two soldiers in front of him.
If hit, they are Dazed u til the end of my next turn.
He steps back again, R12.
Also taking surge for: 10+10=20 hp
4+Cha(4)+Weapon bonuses (4)=12 vs ac for both.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:15 am
The Sisters' Gambit
User Image

Initiative order
Nathaniel:
Corsica:
Ying: Marked by S15, weakened
Hakka: HP 40/42 Prone, Blinded
Kuori: HP 21/38 DR 4
Gloom: HP 24/41 Marked by S1
Soldiers: S2 Dazed, Bloodied S4 Grappled, Bloodied S11, S12, S13 Bloodied, S14-15, Slowed
Revenge: HP 47/47 +2 to Defenses, Prone,
Lieutenants:

S1 manages to dodge Gloom's swing, but S2 has no such luck and is squarely struck by the mace (16 damage.)

S2 decides he has had enough of the warlock and charges off at Ying. S1 one however makes up for his comrade. Moving up to the shade he lashes out with his longsword, giving Gloom a nasty cut on the shoulder (10 damage).

Caught in Corsica's deadly grasp, S4 desperately tries to strike at her pincers but fails to make a dent in her armored carapace. All the rest of the soldiers around the enormous scorpion girl lash out at her with their swords but they cannot seem to harm her. The rest of the soldiers rush at Ying as instructed and attack her. Several manage to slash her with their swords and another hits her with a bolt. Ying whimpers at each hit but continues to hold strong.

Rain Yupa
Your turn!

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:50 am
Surge spent from before, 47/47

Quote:
One of the soldier lieutenants shouts, "He's just one angry paladin, blasting hot air. Continue with our mission; you know the penalty for failure."

Quote:
"It seems your friends have made your decision for you. Soldiers, incapacitate our escapees, kill all the others.

MOVE ACTION

Those words would resound in Revenge's head as he stood back up, ready to continue the fight. Even as the wounds he had received had been washed away by Ying's blessing, they were still badly outnumbered. And it wasn't like they were some common thugs; they had powerful spellcasters on their side, who haven't even been engaged yet. Two soldiers had fallen in the course of their duty.

Things were bad. And unfortunately, as much he hated it, as much as the thought of it burned in his soul and weighed down his heart, he really only had one path he could walk... he had to walk.

Quote:
Revenge stands up from Prone.

STANDARD ACTION

"... I'm sorry," he would say aloud; to whom, it would not be immediately clear, at least not right away. "Sehanine forgive me."

Gripping his halberd tightly, he would charge towards the nearer melee, right behind the soldiers attacking Corsica. And he would attack the scorpion girl herself, reaching past the Arians with his halberd.

Quote:
Glorious Charge, move to W23, 19 vs Corsica's AC; if it hits, 15 damage. No one benefits from the healing aspect.

"Do not let Aria capture the girls alive! As long as we are in danger, as long as they press the assault, attack them! If they die, the Arians will be resigned to death themselves!" he shouted aloud. "The cost of our lives will be theirs! Dishonor and death for the Arians! Bring shame to their families! Ensure they never see their loved ones again! Now, you're all adventurers, act like them! KILL THE MONSTERS!"

Sehanine forgive him.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games