Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:25 am
"I've got to return the biwa tomorrow. Otherwise, I'd like half of the tea, if that's alright."

OOC: Other than that....SLEEP!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:59 pm
"Huh. I'd never thought of that. Makes perfect sense. she answered contemplatively, before giggling at the Kakita's antics. Hopefully she would be able to pair with, or at least interact with, someone more fun - like either of them - next time. She bowed back to them as they parted ways, thinking that she should maybe find the Crane that lent the haori, but without Shoichi she had no idea where to start. Ah well, it was time for dinner anyway. She could find Shoichi or Chikuma later.

That night in the minor clan wing she gathered together with her clansmen and sat them down. "Alright you two. Report. What do we have from day one that can serve us better tomorrow?"  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:47 pm
Later That Night:

"Moshi Ruri-san seemed nice enough. Beyond that, I found a nice music store and a dango stand. I'm not sure what there is to say. Moshi-san was amiable and cooperative. " Naohiko shrugged. For all the time he spent, that's what he could report...that and the mugging. That was probably a non event, so he'd let it be for now.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:39 pm
Gendo would pet the dog and take him walkies afterwards. He'd eat dinner quietly and spend the night playing with the dog and not doing much else til Kaichiyo gathered them up. "Hmm, well Hime-sama, I have and old coin and a Crane wedding fan I found. I also had a nice talk with Suzume Kiyo-san. A bit on the excitable side, and prone to blushing and shyness."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:12 pm
"Ah-ha." she responded thoughtfully. "I'm not sure how helpful a Sparrow could be in keeping us from utter destruction, but I do enjoy the idea of having good relations with everyone. Maybe their connections with the Mantis could help keep Satoko at bay. Speaking of, Ruri was genuinely amiable? A link we could establish directly?"

It was clear their encounter with the Yoritomo and her gang yesterday was still unsettling her greatly, and her usual casual joy was gone. Too many things had gone wrong right from the start to not take this with the utmost of seriousness.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:19 pm
"There... was a small incident near the end of the 'game' that may have soured relations between some of the Mantis and the twins. Kiyo-san was going to ask some for assistance in acquiring an item for the search. There was three men who had deeply partaken of some sake and a woman joining them. After some pushing by the woman due to Kiyo-san's shyness, she had a lapse of self control and said something scathing. I did remove her from the area before she could mention my name, though she did say 'Himura'. I do not fault her for her actions, as anyone can briefly have such lapses in similar situations. A minor confrontation with another minor clan member earlier did not help, though he was focused on attacking me with snow and in general ruining my attempts at securing some items."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:47 am
Naohiko winced as Gendo gave his report. After Kaichiyo was through with whatever comments she had on Gendo's actions, he would address her question. "We'll have to see. Ruri's actions may have just been one who tried to get through an event with as much dignity as possible....though I do not think so. Time will tell."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:01 am
The little princess winced hard at the news. "Yh... well... it can't be helped. Let's just try to avoid any future confrontations, yes? If we have serious problems with them we can set up an official duel, though that's obviously not ideal. ...but, something mother herself has dealt with, so perhaps she'd understa-... wait, you were attacked by... snow? How? It's all fluffy and soft and flakey. Water sounds more threatening." She looked utterly confused, and began to giggle at the absurdity of the thought. "Hehehe, has your pillow been attacking you too? I never realized you literally slept on your anvil."

She wiped the start of a tear from her eye and nodded to Naohiko. "Understood. You and I will pay attention to her and any other Mantis that might be sympathetic to us, but our primary objectives stay the same."  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:37 am
"The male was throwing clumps of it. He found himself rather displeased with the final result of me ignoring him and then Kiyo-san apparently burying him in it."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:46 pm
Kaichiyo couldn't help but continue to laugh as she struggled to imagine the scene. Nope, it seemed impossible. It seemed like trying to bury someone with sand. Not impossible, but it certainly required cooperation. "Okay, well... I guess that's it. Let's get some sleep. Be ready to win again tomorrow, no matter what's in store!"

With a small bow, she dismissed them and went off to her room, organizing a bit, before stripping down to undergarments and crawling into the blankets with her new book. Not quite tired yet, but after a bit of reading sleep would find her soon enough.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:54 pm
Gendo would proceed to his own room and get an early night as was normal for him.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:14 pm
Naohiko would return the bow and head to his own room. He still had his work ahead of him tomorrow. Hopefully he could find Usagi-san and that could be a pleasant encounter.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:02 am
Day 2 of 45

@ Kraken Clan:

Rain Yupa
Most of you are probably still adjusting to the new setting - this was your first night on stable ground in some time, though your biological clocks are still telling you that it's the middle of the night, despite the fact that the sun has risen.

Everyone, state the time you would normally intend to rise (i.e., "at dawn" "a little before dawn" "midday" etc) and give me a Raw Earth roll of TN 20 to accomplish this. If you fail, you wake up later, due to the time zone change, not that you'd have any idea what that actually was. You can decide when, even if it's minutes or hours. Also, describe to me your morning routine - and how this time difference interferes with it, if it does at all.

You suspect you'll be dealing with this for a few mornings, at least.

Have any of you adapted to the different time zone yet? Let us find out.

The Raw Earth roll is TN 19. Your prior responses are here.

How much did trekking through the city wear you out? Or are you a pristine picture of adaptability? Let us find out.

(And yes, Naohiko, you got half the tea, at Ruri-san's displeasure.)

--------------------

@ Shosuro Kyouya:

You live in the Empire, you do not suffer the same indignities as Colonies trying to adapt. Around the time you finish your morning routine (which you may describe at your leisure), a knock is at your door.  
Paidi tou Selini rolled 4 10-sided dice: 4, 8, 7, 9 Total: 28 (4-40)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:18 am
Once again Kaichiyo would attempt to rise at first light, before dawn...

...and once again faceplant in the middle of her room. Not even within 5 points of the TN, this it was a good Rokugani hour later, well after dawn, that she finally groaned herself awake, considering all the while whether or not she wanted to just stay in bed all day today. Reluctantly her sense of duty won out in the end, and she once again haphazardly dawned her kimono and shuffled off to the bath.

At long last, once she was cleaned, refreshed, and fed, she finally made her way to wherever the action was this day~

[Raw Earth to Wake Up!
Roll: 2k2 vs. TN19
4, 8 = 12 ]  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 9, 6, 4 Total: 19 (3-30)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:30 am
The Kraken samurai would try to get up earlier than usual this time, about an hour before dawn. ..or so he thinks. Naohiko's routine would involve bathing, eating, and finding out which room was Usagi-san's.

OOC:
Raw Earth 2k2 w/ 1 dice to handle explosions
Results: 15  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games