Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Zenobiath's Hatching] In Their Eyes Shine Stars Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spockat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:27 pm
Rahmsii - HR - [he/him]

Oh the sweet thing, alone without their siblings on the sand with them. They'd find there's just have to put one paw on front of the other. Hopefully the poor dea's human hasn't started to leave the sands already. It was looking like it was thinning out with weyrlings making their way off the sands. No matter the first or last to hatch - here's was some somewhere. Hopefully the little green's mother gave her a confidence boost. You can do it little one, on paw in front of the other.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:28 pm
Elibrie - she/her

The pat on the shoulder from Nalacko came as a surprise, but while a part of her wanted to insist that no, she wasn't worried about not Impressing, it was easier to bite her lip and not contradict the other Candidate. The babies continued to Impress, still mostly to boys but with a very occasional girl, until they were down to one last green. Elibrie nodded in agreement with Juhvek as she continued to lean into her sister. She couldn't imagine that being the last, and all alone, was easy. Her mother was there for her, at least, and the scene was heartwarming.

"Look," she said softly, with a little smile, "How precious."

Tsunake

demon_pachabel

magnadearel

Meepfur
Crew

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:33 pm
Gold Zenobiath

Of course I can, beloved. With that statement, the Gold lifted her head, and lifted herself to her feet, starting to gently look around. First, it was over the Candidates. They would see a golden head hovering near them, letting her small baby take in the different people. After all, this was important. Then, over to the Stands, slowly, browsing. Let her little Green tell her where to go. Mama was here.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:33 pm
Tuelarua - HR Candidate, She/Her/Hers

The pressure of it all must certainly be something, to have all candidates looking at you with such hope? Oh, poor darling. She was safe with mother, and no doubt would be able to see from all vantage points on where Hers was. Yet Tuelarua cast her gaze to the side slightly, wishing the young, small green luck and warmth on finding Hers, so that she might join her siblings and eat.  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:34 pm
Trude

Trude watched the Impressions with utter delight and joy, bouncing and clapping for each pair walking off the sands. Then there was one left... the little green from the Gingerbread egg. "Oh, poor baby," she murmured as it creeled piteously. The enormous golden mother allowed the tiny infant to climb onto her head, and together they began to wander through the remaining Candidates. "Such a good momma. And that little baby...." The girl wiped a tear from her cheek. She hoped the green found who she was looking for!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:43 pm

Wait! Wait, there... that was it! That was the one. Mama! That's her! That's my Tuelarua! the little green cried, looking down upon the Candidates as her golden mother lent her her height. Mama, that's her! At long last the baby was ready to be let down, eyes shifting to happy blues shot with rainbows.

TuelaruaMine, your Palouseth didn't mean to make a scene... but it was so hard to find you in the crush. Can you forgive me? the baby asked, staring down from up, up, up.

For Palouseth wanted to be Tuelarua's, and Tuelarua's alone. Forever bonded, and never to be parted. But Tuelarua had to say yes. Will you be mine, please? she asked, trying to sound brave, and feeling anything but.

User Image

Prism Shine

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:04 pm
Haveli

The bronze was flat out and coldly ignored as Haveli continued towards the healers. She didn't even look back at the sands, as she believed for now they wouldn't mind her being gone.

It was time to get drunk and sleep the rest of the sevenday away, unless something happened to catch her eye. They hadn't been properly dismissed from the sands after all.

So maybe she should stop walking, but it wouldn't be because the bronze had asked, it would be because it was following the rules.

Zaikt
oops

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:10 pm

Overcome with joy, Fe'ral let out a WHOOP! "I knew it! I knew you'd Impress! And oh, such a beauty!" Not more beautiful than I am, I hope, Zadelraheth put in, and Fe'ral gave him a gentle pat for his efforts. "You goon, everyone can tell that you think you're the most beautiful dragon on Pern. This moment is about Chayrel and Vardoth." He was so pleased, so happy! So thrilled. Words could not express how wonderful this was. How fulfilling. How freeing!

Never again would either of them, would any of them ever need to feel alone. They had a home. A family. A built in, built out, perfect family. And Fe'ral, for one, couldn't wait to meet them. "I knew you could do it, Chayrel. I knew you could. Vardoth, it's so nice to meet you at last!" They had waited for so long, but it had been worth it. Oh, it had been worth it!

I could have told you that, pudding, Zadelraheth remarked, but as he cast his gaze over Vardoth, there was a hint of purple in his blue eyes that vanished as soon as it had appeared. Fe'ral didn't know what to make of that, but he didn't care. It was such a relief to finally be here in the moment, and not worried about their futures.

---

"Little love, I don't think that you should stand," Tristram said, more than a hint of worry in his gentle, deep voice. He was half-carrying the child. "I know you want to put on a brave show, but you've already been so brave. It wouldn't hurt to let someone else take care of you." Reaching into his kit, he withdrew a vial of felis, carefully measuring out just the right amount. "Here, drink. This should dull the edge a bit."

The felis had thankfully been brewed not by himself, but by Veikel. He himself while competent, was no match for his fellow healer when it came to tinctures and poultices. Poor little Miela certainly didn't need an overdose of the felis, not that she'd likely have objected right now. It was a hard thing to be so young and to lose so much.

Uta
Hattaki

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:10 pm
T'roi and Bronze Destrieth

There was a swagger now to T'roi that he didn't seem to have before as he and young Destrieth left the sands, a presence that radiated I'm the best. The newly-Impressed pair approached the feeding table and washing area as if they completely owned the place. Not arrogance so much as a newfound confidence and belief in himself. He'd almost lost his sense of self; Destrieth had given it back to him.

T'roi didn't need to ask the hatchling bronze which he would like first, a bath or food -- his growling stomach gave him the answer. He took a seat at the head of the table, with Destrieth climbing up next to him to curl up and regard his brothers and sisters like a King regards his subjects. "Congratulations, everyone," T'roi smiled as he cut off a gobbet of meat and fed it to his hungry dragonet. "This was exciting, wasn't it?"

Destrieth took the offered food with a surprisingly dainty gusto. Congratulations to my siblings on your Impressions. I am especially happy to see you, Maestoth and Argamath. Offered another chunk of meat, he accepted it with the same dainty gusto. I confess I was worried about both of you. I hope you're feeling better now? Less cross with each other?

Meepfur

Zaikt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:19 pm
Brenva of Green Skalmath

The Nabollian had no intention of sitting near anyone originally. Had never meant to head towards anyone at the feeding table, but Skalmath seemed to have other ideas. The green took the hem of Hers' robe, and led her to a spot near T'roi, sitting her down and climbing on to her lap. The dark haired young woman took in the other Rider, and his Bronze, cutting off a chunk of meet for her Green, "Exciting indeed. Worth every moment."

You seem content, Destrieth. Ah, she was happy. tail flicking slightly. This was a rowdy bunch, after all.

tatterpixie

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:35 pm
Candidate Nalacko - she/her

Nala admired the dappled green with dark points as she made her claim on her rider. All of them had been beautiful so far. She was sure Gingerbread would be just as gorgeous or handsome as the others. Not long after, another green with elegant markings on her wing shoulders made her way through the candidates with purpose. She watched as the green picked out a boy.

The last green, who'd lingered beside Gingerbread, finally left the last remaining egg and daintily made her way to her own rider. Which left just Gingerbread. It was weird almost, as Nalacko looked at those who'd been standing with her since the start of the hatching. Usually by now she was alone or almost alone. Instead her whole group was still here. She was sad for them though, that none of them had Impressed.

It was always pleasant seeing the joyful expressions around her as they realized the dragon called to them. Now that all eyes were upon Gingerbread, it was easy to see that the egg had finally cracked an a small green muzzle was sticking out. Aw darling, the teen thought. There were quite a few who wanted to meet her and be her one and only. It was much easier when one was part of a group, Nala thought fondly of Juhvek, Oranie, and Elibrie, who'd made standing here quite pleasant.

Nala smiled as the tiny green clambered out and onto her mother's head to be lifted up. What a view she must have from up there. She looked up as the golden head drifted over them. Find the one you like the most. And then rainbows flooded the blues in her eyes. She'd found her rider! Nala was so happy it'd ended well.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:38 pm
Miela

There was an argument brewing deep within her but she couldn't give voice to it as the crushing weight of everything the night had handed to her fell in on her and instead just went a little limp. A healer, while she'd never been to one for such a thing, was a wise person to listen to. She could hear her mother saying it now.

Obediently she followed Tristram's orders and drank through her ruined and stitched lips, sending up some thought to someone that it wasn't an overdose. She might have been scarred and battered and feeling like death but Miela wasn't at all ready for it. She wanted to say 'thank you' but couldn't really speak well so she just squeezed the man's arm and closed her eye. This hadn't been her day...

Mr Cheri

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:54 pm
"It really was," T'roi nodded at Brenva with a smile. He was happy, unashamedly so; and happy for everyone who had Impressed as well. Some of them had been around almost as long as he had, and he knew them well. Of course, he'd rather made it his business to know the other Candidates, and that wasn't going to change now that they were Weyrlings. If anything, he'd be even more up in their business now.

Like he knew Brenva was from Nabol, but he didn't know her circumstance. "So how are you finding High Reaches? An improvement over Nabol, I'd reckon."

Destrieth hummed and gently booped Skalmath on the nose. I am very content, dear sister, the young bronze crooned. I have Mine, and he is perfect. And my belly is full and it's a glorious morning, don't you think?

MaraRune

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:01 pm

Since thankfully it did not appear that any other Candidates would come to harm, Tristram felt free to spend as much time as necessary with the young Candidate. Holding her carefully, he glanced up to see if she had a keeper in that crowd. Someone who might want to know that she was all right. "That's right. No more than that. You'll be a little groggy for awhile, but the pain should diminish and go away." She was small enough that it was not the least burden to carry her off of the Sands. Little thing needed some comfort, and as sympathetic as he might be, Tristram was not known for delivering the best bedside manner.

Hattaki

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:09 pm
I'zrin and Maestoth

His ilk certainly do not deserve it, Maestoth agreed as to the matter of the bronze and pity, smugness beginning to smooth some of the sharper edges of his negative feelings as he was able to speak with someone whose views aligned more with his own.  He would never admit to needing reassurance, but the wounds to his flesh and pride did feel a bit better with the balm of good company in which to air his feelings and be understood.

There was a distinct lack of that in their clutch.

...speaking of which.  The words from Destrieth raised the hackles of his anger that had only just been starting to smooth, and he swung his head to glare at the dark bronze with baleful red eyes. No.

He wouldn't dignify such an inquiry with anything more.

"I'zrin," the new brownrider had started to reply to his fellow Weyrling, intending a charming smile and a pleasantry, but the sudden bristling from Maestoth cut him off, and he looked suspiciously at the source even as he stroked along his dragon's neck to do what he could to soothe him. Careful, love.  If you get too riled up, I'll have to take you back to the Healers, and they'll be cross with you for undoing their work. And with him for allowing it.

Tsunake

tatterpixie

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas