Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
~~ ❀ Fairy's September Rush | Closed!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 563 564 565 566 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jelly cube planet

Shy Pumpkin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:05 pm
Yokies
strawberryalice

Ah I see. Hopefully it turns out to be a really good movie. 3nodding Yup! That's how I felt about the teaser too. It was just.. wow, he's so big now. gonk Little Hiccuuuup. I think I'm kind of a kid at heart too. I enjoy all those things you listed as well lol. It's really hard to let go of that kind of stuff. I can't imagine just not being into the things from your childhood anymore. I mean I realize some things you'll forget or just not care about anymore, but some things just really stick with you.

I hope it does too. Sometimes when it comes to book-to-film adaptations, things go bad. I don't think we have to let go of the things we hold most dear, I just think as we get older, we have to learn that there is time for play and time for business, we have to learn to achieve a balance. I won't let go of that stuff, like ever. I agree, somethings come and go, but there are things that stay forever. The things I names are things that have helped me through tough times and I always go back to them when I need cheering up, or when I need an escape.

Okay, we're gonna play a question game:
Name your favorite things:
HP book/movie?
Sailor Scout/SM character?
Disney Prince/Princess?
Pixar movie?
Dreamworks movie?
Studio Ghibli Film?
Anime?
Manga?
Book?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:07 pm
ninja  

BabyGusty

Wheezing Lunatic

20,050 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100

BabyGusty

Wheezing Lunatic

20,050 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:12 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:25 pm
strawberryalice

I can understand people being miffed about changes made from book-to-film adaptions, but I always think of it being time restraints that are at fault. If they made things too close to the book I think things would take too long to create. As much as someone likes a book, most people don't want to sit through a 4 hour long movie haha. I know some people will if given the chance, but that isn't the only people the movie industry is trying to sell to. XD Yeah, as we get older we have to be able to tell the difference between fun and serious time and handle them both accordingly. You can't be all fun and games all the time, but you can't be a serious sourpuss all day either. I hope I can answer all of those. XD

I haven't read the HP books, or even finished all the movies. ; -; After I had my son I lost track of that. But out of everything I've seen, I really did like the Goblet of Fire.
I always liked Sailor Jupiter. She liked having fun and was pretty much the voice of reason a lot of the time. XD
I'm not sure about favorite Disney Princess. I don't think I ever had a favorite, though I do like Mulan's story the most I think~
Pixar would be a hard choice too. They work so well with Disney, I think I like Wall-E the most!
I think my all time favorite Dreamworks movie was the Road to El Dorado. XD Though second and third would be HTTYD and RotG.
Studio Ghibli... hmm.. I really enjoyed Howl's Moving Castle. I think that one would be my favorite, followed by Spirited Away and Ponyo.
Honestly my favorite anime is teetering right now. xD It was Yu Yu Hakusho but with Attack on Titan during this summer, I think that one might be my favorite now!
I don't read a lot of manga anymore, I don't think I have a favorite. sweatdrop
And I don't.. read a lot of books. ._. /ashamed

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

BabyGusty

Wheezing Lunatic

20,050 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:26 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:28 pm
ninja  

BabyGusty

Wheezing Lunatic

20,050 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100

jelly cube planet

Shy Pumpkin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:39 pm
Yokies

You have a son? That's so cute! How old is he? What's it like, being a mother? Oh that's nothing to be ashamed of, some people do and some people don't. I totally agree with you, I try to go into watching a book-to-film adaptation with an open mind, I usually am never really disappointed. Goblet of Fire is one of my favorites! 4laugh Sailor Mercury was always my favorite, still is. She's so loyal and smart, but strong too, and she's a water'ice elemental which I feel most connected to because I love water so much. My favorite Disney princess was Aurora until Kida came alone. A close second'/third is Merida. Pixar wise, I loved Brave and Wall-E a lot. Up too, but it made me sad a lot. Spirited Away, Ponyo, Totoro, and Howl's Moving Castle are my top four, but not in any order really. It's sad Miyazaki is retiring but he deserves it for all the genius and beauty he's given the world. I keep hearing Attack on Titan is really good, I might have to find out where to watch it cause I see stuff about it everywhere all over tumblr. Dreamworks wise, I love the Shrek movies, the HTTYD and RoTG. Maleficent is and always has been and will be my favorite Disney Villain.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:47 pm
ninja  

BabyGusty

Wheezing Lunatic

20,050 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100

Noryoku Kiyama

Invisible Loiterer

15,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:50 pm
:b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:52 pm
strawberryalice

Yes I do~ He'll be two a half this month. 3nodding I'm not sure how to explain it, but it's definitely quite an experience. New things happen every day and I'm excited to see how he grows. 4laugh Yeah, after having a baby you do kind of lose touch on some things. I don't really draw as much as I used to. Water and me don't really click. I like it and all but only really at the pool, otherwise I want it to get away from me. xD I forgot about Kida, I guess since she isn't a sworn in Princess yet, though she is royalty so I don't see why not! Lol. I liked Brave as well, and Up! Up was definitely sad but cute as well. ^^ IT was sad hearing that he was retiring as well, but Studio Ghibli can still make films without him, and also in honor of him~ Just searching "Attack on Titan Online" should be enough to find a good link to watch it. o: I'm actually not sure what my favorite villain would be. o-o

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Shelby2tall

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:03 pm
*rides by on a unicycle waving at everyone*
Hello!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:11 pm

bump

Yumeiii

Fluffy Fairy

jelly cube planet

Shy Pumpkin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:12 pm
Yokies
strawberryalice

Yes I do~ He'll be two a half this month. 3nodding I'm not sure how to explain it, but it's definitely quite an experience. New things happen every day and I'm excited to see how he grows. 4laugh Yeah, after having a baby you do kind of lose touch on some things. I don't really draw as much as I used to. Water and me don't really click. I like it and all but only really at the pool, otherwise I want it to get away from me. xD I forgot about Kida, I guess since she isn't a sworn in Princess yet, though she is royalty so I don't see why not! Lol. I liked Brave as well, and Up! Up was definitely sad but cute as well. ^^ IT was sad hearing that he was retiring as well, but Studio Ghibli can still make films without him, and also in honor of him~ Just searching "Attack on Titan Online" should be enough to find a good link to watch it. o: I'm actually not sure what my favorite villain would be. o-o

Awwwww 4laugh I can see how being a mother would change a person. It's normal and understandable. Hahahaha I'm the opposite of you, I love being in water.The sad thing is that Kida SHOULD be a sworn-in princess, considering she was Disney's first original princess, all the others before were from storybooks. She's a queen now. heart Kida is such a badass and so beautiful. I agree, I just hope they can keep the momentum that Miyazaki built up going. Maybe he'll still work behind the scenes, just actually spend more time to himself. I'll have to look in to Attack on Titan for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:21 pm
strawberryalice

I definitely does change things, some good, some eh, but most are nice. 4laugh Water just isn't my thing I guess haha, though I do like taking long hot showers. Kida is definitely very beautiful. I would have said that she wouldn't technically be able to be a princess since she's a queen now, but a couple of the other princesses are queens now sooo. They could still get advice from him and what not. I'm sure he'll still want to help his friends if anything. I definitely recommend it. =3

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Etrikia

Shy Dabbler

23,175 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Married 100
  • Olympian 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:25 pm
justbeingme82
*rides by on a unicycle waving at everyone*
Hello!

Hello!  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 563 564 565 566 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games