Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Frightened, Chimera? [Remake] (O / A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You would like to see more ____ in this roleplay.
  blood/gore
  action
  romance
  interaction between characters/roleplayers
  opportunities for Chimera to escape
  pit battles between Chimerae
View Results

AninOnin

Newbie Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:13 pm

John squinted through the holes, seeing what Apsalar was trying to show them. It was hard to see, but from what he could make out, she was showing them how steam moved, or maybe clouds, or fog. But she didn't know how they moved, as far as John was aware of. She had never been outside. As far as the clouds went, they didn't move like that. The only thing she could be saying was--

"Smoke," John realized, thinking back to the Yani's watchdog. He had beat him to a pulp only a few hours ago. If they ever got out of here, Trent was added to his list of people to kill. Right after Devon.

Thinking of him made John remember what he had said to him, that strange string of numbers and letters. What the hell was that supposed to mean?

Panther passed out from the pain, no longer able to take it anymore. Before she faded from the reality of Devon drilling into her mouth, she could hear herself screaming, as if she was far away.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:22 pm

Apsalar nodded eagerly, then began to frown when she realized where John's mind had gone. "No," she said, shaking her head. "Not..." She struggled to find a word, trying to remember what non-Chimerae were called. "Not...the man."

To be honest, Smoke was still something of an enigma to Apsalar. When Devon had been experimenting on her, Trent had, or so it seemed to her, taken rather unnecessary care - by scientist standards, anyway - while stitching her up. Maybe she'd just been too delirious by then to feel any pain.

Yes, that made more sense. Much more than any of the alternatives.

She touched her fingers to the side of her head. She was thinking too hard, and it was making her already prodigious headache worse. So instead, she turned her attention down to John.

And John looked like he was thinking about something.

"What...s'it?" she asked, trying to enunciate properly and sort of failing. But hopefully, she'd be able to get her meaning across.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

AninOnin

Newbie Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:32 pm

John looked back up at Apsalar, breaking off his train of thought. No, it probably wasn't him she was talking about. But that did leave room for interesting questions.

"I'm thinking about something he told me," John said quietly. He didn't want any of the scientists to hear, although it was likely they didn't care at all. "I can't remember what. But it didn't make any sense."

He thought hard about it, but couldn't come up with what Trent had told him. But he thought it was important, and a grievous mistake he hadn't memorized it when he should have. "He told me after he beat me," John spoke aloud, trying to remember his voice, trying to remember what he said. Perhaps thinking about the inflections or reliving it would help.

He leaned against the bars again, his back to the scientists' desks, and thought long and hard about it before giving up. There was nothing he could extract from trying to remember everything, he had been so messed up by that point he couldn't think.

His head shook out of frustration, and he looked back down to his hands, frowning. "I don't know. I wish I could remember."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:51 pm

Apsalar stared at him. She shook her head. "Don't..." Frustrated, she waved a hand, trying to consider the word she wanted to use. She moved her hands around slightly, trying to consider the words she wanted. "Understand!" she said on a flash of insight. "Understand."

She meant the scientist. That man made no sense to her. He didn't seem to take the same enjoyment in tormenting the Chimerae that the rest of them did. She frowned irritably into the distance. Why was that?

He had offered the curious Chimera in the bottom cages a cigarette to examine. For some reason, she couldn't forget that.

"Matters?" she asked at last, looking down on John and feeling a little worried. If John thought it mattered, it probably did - and if he didn't remember it, that meant they might be in trouble. Well, what could the worst have been.

"Back," she decided at last. It would come back, she meant. Probably when he least expected it. "Don't worry." Don't worry about it, don't think about it, and it might come back. But there had to be something else they could do besides let John worry about something one of the scientists had said - that might or might not be important. For all they knew, Smoke might just have been doing it as a different sort of torment.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

Dedicated Hunter

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:12 pm

When Panther fainted, Devon merely said "tch. Wanted to see her writhe in pain a little more, but oh well". He continued drilling her teeth and inserting the gel in the drilled cavities instead of proper fillings and then sticking wires in the gel fillers. The wires were all connected together and lead to a machine.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:55 am

"I... Think so. I don't know for sure though." Who knew if it mattered besides Smoke himself? It could be a psychological test or torment. Then again, it could be something more, an underlying... What? What could it be? He shook his head and decided to take Apsalar's unspoken advice. Though the scientists may not have a clue to what she was talking about, John could read her from the inflections in her tone and from the vibrations that came with her speaking. The snake genes in him made a lot of things possible that he hadn't had time to realize yet.

"He's a weird man," John finally said, closing his eyes. He stretched out on the bottom of his cage as much as he could, feeling the chilled metal against his bare back. His shirt was laying in a crumpled heap in a corner of the cell, torn, shredded, and covered in dried blood. It had so many holes and rips in it, it wasn't any good for warmth or cover any longer. John felt better without the rags on him, they felt pathetic and it was much easier not having his elbow or hand getting hung up on the loose threads and elastic.

He took a deep breath, feeling his stomach reach off the metal floor as his ribcage expanded. He would figure out what the man said later, hopefully. He was tired right now though.

"I'm going to bed though. I haven't slept in days," he informed. A moment later, he was snoring.

AninOnin

Newbie Prophet

The Amazing Flying Circus

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:57 am

"Smoke!" Lonomia interjected when he heard the word. The word that meant the whitecoat, the sticks, and the action. He loved smoke. Wispy, elusive, warm... he shivered; his hyrax blood gave little to him. Not even the usual mammalian warmth.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:27 pm

Apsalar gave a slight nod. It was probably important - if it had been some sort of psychological test, they would have been doing a follow-up by now. And no matter what, John would never remember it if he kept beating his brain trying to recall. She knew that from personal experience - words that kept eluding her grasp, only to come back a few minutes later. If she knew them, anyway.

She seized gratefully on John's final decision, no matter that she wasn't entirely sure what it meant. "Yes," she agreed quietly. Was that something that applied to all the scientists, perhaps? But no, that didn't make sense considering that they had just been saying that Smoke seemed different from the other scientists somehow.

So she looked over at Tobart once John fell asleep. She would ask him, if she was looking for an explanation of the word, since John was asleep and hadn't seemed to think it wasn't something she would know. But unfortunately, it wasn't one she had heard before. "Tobart?" The names of the other Chimerae came easily to her by now. "What is..." she hesitated, making sure she had the pronunciation exactly right before carefully repeating it just the way it had been said before, "weird?"

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

Dedicated Hunter

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:34 pm

Devon then got out the smelling salts and wafted a little bit under Panther's nose, trying to get her to regain consciousness. The experiment wouldn't work as well if she was out like a light. The devices still remained in her mouth that forced it to stay opened.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:35 pm

((OOC: Bump?))

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

AninOnin

Newbie Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:33 pm

Unfortunately for Devon, his lack of education in animals cost him a mistake. The machines monitoring Panther started blipping and beeping rapidly, showing him that her systems were crashing. Because Panther had animal genes in her, the ammonium carbonate was toxic to her system.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:45 am

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

I tried to move with a cool hand...
It didn't go as I planned.

I'm full of rookie maneuvers...
and gestures meant to be grand.

User Image

"My daisy, you make me go crazy, forever amaze me.
Now let's let the day go lazy."

Immediately TAIS' guards swarmed into the room, the computer quickly accessing Panther's failing organs and creating an antidote that would save her system.

"Thank you, Sir," TAIS stated coolly from her speakers in the cieling as her men separated Devon from Panther. "And here Master Yani thought you were an educated doctor. Rest assured he will be informed of this costly error."

The antidote was delivered to the soldiers, and Hiccadu leaped from her spot, changing into her human form.

"Idiot," she snarled, taking the antidote from one of TAIS' men as she sneered at Devon. "Some scientist you are. Go into a corner and behave yourself."

Acting with a gentleness that only a living body could provide, Hiccadu inserted the needle into Panther's tense vein, delivering the antidote into the poor girl's arm and thus into her frantically beating heart.

"TAIS has used no chemicals this one is allergic to in the antidote," Hiccadu stated out loud- mostly to reassure Panther, if she were conscious now. "This Chimera should be showing signs of improvement in about three seconds upon administration."

"My daisy, you know what I'm after- your musical laughter.
A more beautiful disaster..."

User Image

I cant believe what you create...
When you let your heart detonate.

You leave a path of delightful destruction.
You're quite the bomb, my daisy...

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Daisy Cutter ~ 311

LovetoCauseMayhem

The Amazing Flying Circus

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:04 am

((Sorry guys; am very busy this week))

"Weird?" Tobart echoed, "It's... strange. Odd. Abnormal; out of the ordinary..." he tried to find a synonym Apsalar would understand.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:57 pm

((well, crap))

Devon grumbled. A mere brainfart almost cost him a good test subject. Perhaps he needed to take a rest from performing experiments. "Thank goodness, for TAIS. I'm sure I will hear it from Yani now" he sighed.

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

Dedicated Hunter

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:58 pm

Apsalar blinked at Tobart for a few seconds. "Strange," she muttered. It was the only word out of the entire group he had given her that she recognized, and at least vaguely understood. It was one of the words the scientists sometimes used when speaking of them. Strange, different.

Was Weird a chimera as well? If so, how had she not met them before? Almost immediately, she realized that that made no sense, considering the way John had used the term. But that only left one thing. Strange was weird - it must mean the same thing. Or close to the same.

She looked over at Tobart and asked curiously, "Weird?" As she said it, she gestured from him, to herself, to John, and then gave a little wave that took in the entire set of cages.

The question was evident enough. Are we weird?
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games