Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Ravenclaw Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:10 pm
User Image

User Image

First Year Ravenclaw

"I would feel out of place too" Joseph admitted and looked at Rona. She asked him if the sorting hat had said something weird. Thinking about what the hat had said to him Joseph replied.
"Yeah, he said I wouldn't be teased for my brains here in Ravenclaw. Did it say something weird to you?" he asked her an looked at the prefect who welcomed them to Ravenclaw.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:13 am
Rona Patlow

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

1st Year ℛᾳʋєɳcɬᾳω

"Realists do not fear
the results of their study."

- Fyodor Dostoevsky

Current Mood: Impatient xxx Location: Ravenclaw Table xxx Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

The Prefect was given little attention as Rona struggled to hear Joseph out. Not that she wasn't interested in what her upperclassmen had to say, but because she was pretty and that's how people like Rona dealt with pretty girls. Ignore them until the unnecessary pangs of jealousy subside. Hide behind handsome features and ugly cardigans. Be more like a boy.

Turning her smoldering eyes back to Joseph, Rona shook her head, pursing her lips in an effort to remember exactly what the hat had said.

"It was very frank. Praised me for my wit and independence." With that the girl beamed, sitting up straighter than before. She'd leave out the part where he teased her for her bully's tongue. Abandoning a plate of half-tasted sweets for a flagon of yellow, milky liquid, Rona grimaced.

"I'm not sure I'll like the food here. My da's cooking is more savory. This is worlds different." She mumbled, peering over honey-glazed hams, sugared fruit and pumpkin rolls. She'd get quite a lashing from her dentist on returning home... maybe magical folk had a tooth-fixer spell.

OOC: ...

Owlied

Timid Werewolf

4,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Catastrophic Ecstasy

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:27 am
User Image
User Image
User Image
Elliot blinked several times while looking at Shina, his head tilted to one side so far that his hat nearly fell off. He reached up and scratched his cheek nervously before ducking his head.

"Uhm... Healer? I didn't know they had apprentices or anything like that. Still haven't learned too much about this new world..." Though learning how to heal himself definitely seemed like it would be a good idea, especially with how ready Cheshire was to chew on him. He had never heard of the other things either - though he did think of something like that as a mundane device, little cushions for cat claws, were they what she was talking about? The boy pondered this when he saw an Oriental girl stand up and start speaking, introducing herself as one of the Prefects.

Interesting. She sounds almost lyrical in speaking... Elliot chewed on his lip as he listened to the girl, trying to narrow down her nationality beyond 'Oriental'. He poked his fork into his food absently, his book now sitting forgotten next to his plate. After a few moments of thought he ended up sketching things onto his plate with the tines of his fork, his mind having wandered from trying to figure out where the Prefect was from, to the patterns that he would need to master for moving his wand.

User Image
User ImagexxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxUser Image

{{OOC: Yup. I got tired of being the only plain text poster when everyone else had these fancy formats, so I asked Miss Anbu and she was kind enough to craft me one.}}  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:59 pm
User Image
User Image

Rosemarie smiled at the first years. "Hi I'm Rosemarie. I'm only a second year but I'll be glad to help you!" she said before turning back to Riley and Clare. I hope this year goes well. she thought as she shifted in her seat, "So Riley how was your summer? Mine was good, We traveled with Da's Quidditch team." she said.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Grim Vanity

Tipsy Lover

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:29 pm
RILEY J CREVAN

Second Year

RAVENCLAW

User Image

User Image
Riley smiled as she listened to her fellow Ravenclaws responses while keeping an eye on the sorting. They seemed to have gotten some interesting first years. "Well mine was alright. I got to go back to Ireland and stay with my grandparents." she said while looking at the first years they got at their table. She smiled and gave them a nod of greeting. She wondered what they were thinking. "So did your father's team do well?" she asked her friend, a hint of excitement coming into her voice.
User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:01 pm
User Image

User Image
For a while Marcus' attention was diverted to a watch he had in his hand. It didn't work and that was precisely why it had his attention. It was his muggle grandfather's and he had requested if he could see it over the summer, since a replacement had been bought already. Sure he'll admit that it had confused his grandfather at first but the old man had allowed him to have it. After turning it around in his hands a few more times he set it on the table next to his plate, and pulled out his wand. He had no intention of using it on the watch to fix it, where was the fun in that. He pointed his wand at his cup. ”Colormuto Multiplex ” he said. The cup turned red. A few moments later it turned green. And then yellow. Finally it turned blue and continued the cycle for a few minutes.
User Image

((out of components: wow short and poor post))

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:21 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick
~ Ravenclaw ::: First Year ~

User Image

Chase stared at the array of colors of the cup. He didn't remember such a spell from what he read, but he most likely have just missed that section. Or rather, he just went through a traumatizing experience which impacted his ability to remember some things.

He thought about trying a couple spells he managed to recall, but he didn't dare: Lots of things could go wrong and all of the Hogwarts professors were there to witness such a mishap. He would have to wait until the first day of class to perform any magic. Though something was itching inside him, and he couldn't wait. Patience is a virtue that can drive anyone crazy. The noise didn't help him either.

The only thing that could help him was a tiny piece of cloth sitting peacefully on his arm. He concentrated his energy on that embroidery and pinched the edges of the armband. At least, it was something for him to spend his extra nervous energy on.

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:30 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━┓
Sato Aiko

Fifth Year Ravenclaw ▹ Prefect
┗━━━━━━━━┛

▷ I may be quiet, but I'm screaming at you in my mind. ◁

Aiko turned her almond eyes towards Chase Balford, the young man who was to be her partner in enforcing the laws of the school. She knew of the boy's nature to be flirtatious with many girls, something her American friends called a 'playboy'. She smiled at the boy's compliment, however. "Greetings Chase. My summer was rather drab for the most part. Dancing lessons mixed with reading and some extracurricular studies." She stopped speaking, but not smiling as she watched the First Years talking excitedly. Finally, she turned back to Chase and asked, "And how was yours, Mister Balford?"

Out of Character: ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:34 pm
User Image
☆═━┈☯┈━═☆
Simon Meridith

Second Year Ravenclaw
☆═━┈☯┈━═☆

✔Age: Twelve
✔Mood: Hungry
✔Status: Single

Simon moved to Ravenclaw's table and spotted Riley, feeling the weird feeling in his stomach again. Swallowing hard, he moved over to the table and sat down next to her. "Hey Riley. Hello Rosemarie," he said to the other girl from his year. However, he didn't really speak to the first years, his shyness returning in full force.

Out Of Character: ...

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:18 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick
~ Ravenclaw ::: First Year ~

User Image

Chase heard his name get called, or so he thought. He looked around, trying to pinpoint whose voice called him. A couple seconds later, he realized that the person who spoke was addressing another Chase. I'm an idiot, he thought. It was a wonder how Chase Henrick made it into Ravenclaw.

Because he could assess his sanity for the fifth time that night, he noticed another student not so much older than him, looking a bit anxious. He seemed to be avoiding contact with the newcomers, though Chase may have just been hallucinating.

Suddenly, he heard something abnormal from the Hufflepuff table. He couldn't make out what was said, but he knew something was up when he turned around and saw Kat fall unconscious. He stood up, concerned about her.

"Oi, oi. What's going on?" he asked, not speaking to particularly anyone. He tried to walk to where she fell, but his right foot played a prank on him and fell asleep. Chase fell on Simon, who just happened to be the unlucky victim. "So-sorry," he apologized and stood up really quickly.

((exit to Hufflepuff table))

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:24 pm
User Image
☆═━┈☯┈━═☆
Simon Meridith

Second Year Ravenclaw
☆═━┈☯┈━═☆

✔Age: Twelve
✔Mood: Hungry
✔Status: Single

Simon was enjoying the silence in his own little world when suddenly his silence was pierced by a girl yelling. He turned towards the source of the noise, the Hufflepuff Table and saw a girl lying on the floor. He was torn with indecision about what to do when his questions were answered. Another boy from his table, a first year, fell on him. "S...sorry..." Simon murmured the apology clumsily. Why did you say sorry, idiot? He fell on you...

Out Of Character: ...

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:26 pm
User ImageUser Image

Her attention had been so deeply lost in thoughts of her own sorting experience that Tristain nearly tossed her cat on the floor beneath the table as she jumped out of surprise at Phi's whispered greeting. After the quick flash of shock that momentarily desublimated her misty blue eyes to ice, however, excitement took over her entire expression, and she read the meaning behind Phi's smile with one of her own. It was immediately clear that the redhead had something to tell her, but Tristain would be patient and wait out the sorting process first.

As Phi transitioned into her role as "the older student," Tristain followed suit, remembering her recent conversation with Jay about how interesting it would be to relive this experience without all of the anxiety and anticipation. Glancing up at the front of the hall, a new, indifferent expression glazed over her porcelain features as she took in the sight before her.

One by one, the first years—most nervously, but some with a small amount of confidence—strutted (or trudged) to the rickety stool that had once again been placed before the entire school. They would put the old, beaten hat upon their shaking head and wait silently for it to call out their fate.

"Ravenclaw!"

The hat repeated the name of her house again and again, supplying their table with new occupants, and their house with new residents. Tristain could see that not all were willing to accept their fate, but soon enough they would see that they had no chose in the matter, and that they wouldn't care to have a choice after a week in their respective houses.

User Image
"Love to faults is always blind, always is to joy inclined.
Lawless, winged, and unconfined, and breaks all chains from every mind."

- William Shakespeare
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:02 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
fourth year - ravenclaw
hermes
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi smiled gleefully as the ranks of the House of the Eagle continued to swell. It seemed the size of the batch of first years only grew and grew since she herself had been on that nervous procession in the centre of the Hall. This year was easily the largest she had ever witness in the three years; it seemed from her glances at her seniors that they were impressed by the amount as well. Phi smiled reassuringly to each pair of either anxious of fearsome eyes that she managed to catch. Her hair serving as it always did as a distracting beacon and she hoped that her encouragement gave each a bit more solidity to their step once their name was finally bellowed by the focused professor.
Quickly, the clever Ravenclaw had lost track of the number of times her own House's name was called and classified by the Hat. Soon she was blinking and missing her tempo in between crashes of applause as a string of new Ravenclaws entered and sat in the seats at the table. Phi smiled bravely to each of them. Sparkling eyes of molten welcoming them to the company of the Eagles quicker than her words could make themselves be known over all the other bellows of greeting. She hoped her smile was friendly enough and that the shyness she too clearly remembered from her own days of being a first year was no longer lingering in her soft gaze.

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:35 am
User Image
User Image
User Image

Clare saw Simon coming over.
"Hey Simon, long time no see, how are you?" she asked him and smiled.
All of a sudden there was an almighty scream, Clare dropped the cup that was in her hand, luckily, it didn't break, just spilt the water on the table, nothing the sleeve of her robes couldn't clean up. Clare acted swiftly with cleaning up the water, and looked over at the hufflepuff table, where a first year had fallen over in a fit. Clare froze. Her mouth was open and her eyes were big, looking at the girl.

"Whats wrong with her?!"
Clare exclaimed. She looked around and noticed Adair hadn't arrived. Where was he?
"Simon, did you by any chance see Adair anywhere?" Clare asked with a tone of worry in her voice and worry filling up her big blue eyes. Her hands were shaking from hearing the scream and she was started to hyperventelate from the worry about Adair. She breathed in and out, but didn't succed to calm her nerves and grabbed her robes and clenched her frail hands into fists.

Out.Of.Cheese: Poor Clare, I wont make her have an anxiety attack, but she is in a bad state D:

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

M i n i R e d S t a r s

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:57 am
User Image

User Image

First Year Ravenclaw

"I don't quite like sweet food either, I am more of a spicy and savoury food fan" Joseph admitted at looked at all of the sweet food.
The taste of sweet food nearly made Joseph sick to his stomach.
"I am hoping they serve food that isn't so sweet, sweet food makes me sick to my stomach. I am not one of those children that run around and stuff their faces with sweets. And I hate having bad teeth" Joseph said and noticed that he was rambling, so he kicked himself slightly.

User Image

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games