Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Hufflepuff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:35 pm
True to the end, united we stand...

User Image

Charlotte laughed lightly. "I guess we're opposites. I can't draw animals to save my life. So, what're your names?" Charlotte had apparently missed the introductions and didn't like being strangers.

2nd Year

...so I stand by my friends.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:33 pm
Ein
"I am Einri Farren." Ein introduced himself to the 2nd year. "The girl next to me is Bridget." He thus began addressing Bridget again, "What is a computer? I have never heard of a thing!"  

poxto

5,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

FatesMyBitch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:11 pm
User Image
Bridgett Warren

Bridgett was startled by his statement. "You've never heard of a computer?" How could someone not have heard of a computer? They were everywhere, in every store and there were always sales. "What about movies? Or the internet? Airplanes?" This was a weird place.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:22 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Nicole was listening to the conversations around her. When the one turn an somewhat unexpected turn. So Bridgett was muggle-born just like her mother. So the half-blood decided to chime in. "most Wizarding people haven't heard of muggle technologies like that Bridgett. And I'll give you a slight warning don't ask Slytherins, Most aren't that Nice about the topic of muggle Items and Muggle-born. I know what you mean though my Mother is a Muggle-born. So if you ever want to rant about muggle stuff feel free to find me." She smiled. She kind of hoped she hadn't scared the first year from the Slytherins forever because not all were bad with the subject but some were.

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

FatesMyBitch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:29 pm
User Image
Bridgett Warren

Bridgett looked around. She would find out who the Slytherins were later. She looked at the older girl. "Can we watch movies here at school?" She had packed her favorites in the bottom of her bag if only to have them as a comfort to look at. Maybe others would like to watch them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:13 pm
P0IS0N IV0RY
User Image

User Image
User Image
It didn't seem as if the new Hufflepuff was ready to accept his place in the house yet, so Bailey settled herself back in her seat, User Image and looked down at the inquisitive cat that seemed desperate to part from her lap. She chuckled as he managed to get his front paws up onto the edge of the table and looked down into his unique, emerald green eyes that shown innocently into hers. "Here you are, darling." Bailey reached for a small piece of bacon and lured him back into her lap.

Hearing a pair of familiar voices, she looked up to see Kevin and Nicole, her brown eyes growing wider as she observed how old they both looked. With a heartfelt smile as the weight of her last year hit her once more, she nodded modestly.
"Thanks. I can't hardly believe it either. I still remember you two as first years taking the sorting hat off your heads with those innocent smiles." Bailey's attention was caught by a new first year who slid into a seat to wallow in her depression. It seemed like constant blows to the stomach to see nearly every new Hufflepuff taking it so horribly. How come it wasn't like the pride the new Gryffindors showed, or the confidence that the new Slytherin children displayed openly on their excited faces. Even most of the Ravenclaws seemed comfortable with their placing, but never the Hufflepuffs.

She listened as the twins attempted to cheer the young girl, but when another Hufflepuff took a seat at the table, Bailey had a difficult time deciphering his emotions. Unable to tell whether or not he was upset, she chose to introduce herself and find out inconspicuously.
"Welcome to Hufflepuff, Devin." For a moment she questioned herself. Did the students find it odd that she could remember their names every time the Deputy Headmaster called each one. "My name's Bailey Oliver... Are you surprised with the sorting hat's decision?" Hearing the sniffles grow from behind her, she returned her attention to Bridgett, and her smile hesitated momentarily to hear the tears so audibly in her voice. "Don't worry, sweetie, it gets better. Trust me, I was the same way... Are you hungry?" Bailey asked hopefully, offering a tray of corn muffins to the troubled girl.

User Image
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Yes, I actually am quite surprised that I was put into Hufflepuff. My whole family have been of Ravenclaw. My father, and mother, and even my famous brother," he hated mentioning his brothers name, because of how famous he is.

"You may know him. His name is Josh Cloud, the all-star chaser for the Falmouth Falcons professional Quidditch team. Unfortunately, he is my brother," he said monotonously to the older girl. He was quite tall for his age so he wasn't excessively younger looking, standing at five foot, four inches.  

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:12 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

User Image

Jane hurried inside grasping Allen's gloved hand. She was relieved when Allen asked if she wanted to go inside, she was absolutely freezing, it was starting to get dark and that was most certainly not helping. She sat at the table were a few other house mates were just starting dinner. Jane quickly began unloading her excess clothing. First a scarf then gloves. Soon all she wore was her white shirt, skirt, vest and tie. Even her robes had been shed in the warmth of the great hall. She smiled at Allen the red of cold fading quickly from her cheeks. She clicked her heels slightly as she fixed her brown hair and straightened her glasses. She grabbed a mug a deep chocolaty liquid and gulped it happily, it had the slight taste of cream and caramel, she smiled as she put the mug down then she turned to glance at Allen. "You cold or something? You're still wearing your gloves, of course not that it's that unusually. You're always wearing gloves. What's with that?" She inquired smiling and taking another sip of warm liquid.

ooc;
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:28 pm
User Image
second year - hufflepuff
▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

allen w. rhoddes

▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
muggle born - wizard raised

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.”
– Leonard Bernstein
“Now, somehow, in some new way, the sky seemed almost alien.”
– Lyndon B. Johnson

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

¦¦
Allen had chuckled as Jane had pulled him eagerly at his proposition of going inside.
He did, however, feel a guilty sting in his chest as he noticed just how cold she was. Had he observed it before, he would have instantly offered her his robes. Most of him felt terrible for letting her stand in the chill without even noticing, while another felt spite for missing an opportunity to get close to her.
She seemed to warm up quickly, though, once they entered the school and stepped into the Great Hall. Smiling to himself as he watched her quickly shed her layers and reach for a warming drink, he followed suit. Releasing himself form the hug of his Hufflepuff scarf and winter robes. Placing them neatly on the space in the bench beside him as he took a seat opposite Jane. He pulled his hat from his hair, leaving it a ruffle white mess, and placed it on the pile as well.

Reaching for a cup as well as it instantly and magically filled itself with the desired contents of hot chocolate. Picking up the metal goblet that was quickly seeping the wrath of its contents into his reddish fingertips and brought it to his lips. Draining only a sip from it before Jane's voice threw an inquiry into the air that made Allen bring his dark eyes up to her curiously. Finishing the short taste of the chocolate, he swallowed and looked down onto his hands - gloved as always - which were being questioned.
For a brief flash, he saw the mauled and disguising scars that had their home under the worn, but sturdy black cotton of the gloves. Whatever wince or flash of dark though passed his face, it was unregistered with him. He looked back to Jane and smiled.
"I just like the gloves." she chuckled emptily. Cursing himself for letting his mask slip momentarily.
¦¦

User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image

Pale Mist

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:35 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

User Image

Jane chuckled and took another sip. Then putting on a fake sternness she sat up straight and raised one eyebrow. She held her hand out and spoke. "Alright, hand em' over buddy" She beckoning towards the gloves with her other hand.

ooc;
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:18 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
Bailey put on the best smile she could muster as she forced one foot in front of the other, gripping Leo tight in her arms. This feast was the only thing separating her from graduation - the only thing keeping her tied to Hogwarts.

Her deep, chocolate brown eyes took in every last detail around her, from the emotions on the students' faces to the detail of the wallpaper. This would likely be her very last time stepping foot in the great hall, so she wanted to make it last.User Image

As she reached a gap in the Hufflepuff table, she seated herself gracefully with her cat on her lap, despite her desire to sprawl out on the long table and hold on to it for dear life. Looking around her, none of the other students really seemed to be having the same issues as her, at least none of the younger Hufflepuffs. To them this was just another luxurious dinner, just another start to their much-deserved summer. To her - it was the end of one life and the beginning of another. Perhaps that was where her worries stemmed. Bailey had no clue what she would do without this school to lead her. There were so many choices beyond Hogwarts - how could she know which was the right one to make?

When Headmistress Swan approached the podium, silence rapidly dominated the hall. She listened closely to the well-written speech, reaching in her robe pocket for her hanker-chief as soon as she felt the flood of tears rushing in. She hadn't expected Hufflepuff to win the house cup, though being the Head Girl, she did feel a bit to blame. Regardless, she clapped heartily to congratulate the Ravenclaws, and glancing over at their table, she could sense the overwhelming pride radiating towards her.

As a new smile touched her face, Bailey looked down at her empty dinner plate, laughing to herself before starting to fill it with all of the freshly-cooked delights that had been so kindly prepared by the house-elves in the kitchen below. Her mind jumped back to Grumby, and another tear found her cheek. Wiping it away, she tried again to convince herself that this sadness was unnecessary, but the night seemed destined for tears. Both tears of fear and tears of accomplishment, but most of all, tears of reluctance to walk out the doors of the castle for her last time.

User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

FatesMyBitch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:38 pm
User Image
Bridgett Warren

Bridgett pushed her food around her plate. The year had passed so quickly and she still felt like such an outsider. She looked up at one of the people who had been so kind to her when she first had arrived. She offered the girl a weak smile. What do you say to someone who you are never going to see again?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:28 pm
User Image

User Image
The first person Charlotte saw as she approached the Hufflepuff table was Bailey, her idol and now-former team captain. She was holding her cat, looking melancholy. The mere sight of her swayed the act of confidence that Kat had put up about five minutes ago as she'd left the common room. She'd been through so much this year, both good and bad. The sight of Bailey sparked something inside of Kat, and she gazed around the great hall, spotting faces she knew. Even though most weren't leaving for good, such as Bailey, they were still leaving for the summer, which was never a very happy occasion. Jessica Sassareth was among the faces Kat recognized, sitting at the slytherin table. Her face nearly brought Charlotte to tears. She would miss her best friend so much over the summer.

Kat took the remaining steps to the table and sat across from Bailey. Before the headmistress had begun her speech, Charlotte looked sincerely into Bailey's eyes. "Hey, Captain. I just wanted to say thanks. You've been my role model since the start of last year, and though I'm sure Nevin will make a great captain, I'm sad to see you go. Just don't forget the little second-year Chaser, now. And congrats, by the way." At the end of her little speech, a solitary tear was making it's way down Kat's cheek, and she brushed it away with her hand. Just then, Headmistress Swan began her speech, and Charlotte listened intently. When it was finished, she clapped so hard that her hands stung. It was all she could do to keep more tears from escaping.

As the food appeared on the tables, Charlotte smiled. It was always a cheerful sight to see the tables come to life with the deliciously prepared food. She loaded up, but once she'd done so she realized that she really wasn't hungry. Absentmindedly, she picked at her food, remembering her night in the hospital wing, with her two closest friends. At this memory, Kat sat up straight. Where exactly was Devin now? He and Kat had become good friends since they'd both become Chasers. She couldn't wait for him to show up, but dreaded saying goodbye. Her thoughts jumped forward to Kings Cross Station, where she would hug her friends goodbye and load her trunk into her mother's car and drive away. More tears came at this thought, and the self-concious twelve-year old buried her face in her palms. This would be a long night.

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:51 pm
Devin Cloud
First Year- Hufflepuff
"We need not look into the future, because today is what we should be worrying about"

User Image
Age:11 Height: 4'10" Weight: 100 lbs Birthday: 30 April

Devin walked up to the Hufflepuff table, quickly glancing at Bailey, who was spending her last day here. The girl had a sorrowful expression upon her face. He felt like he understood it: but did he really? He couldn't possibly know what it feels like for this to happen, for he never went through something of this immensity. He walked up to her, about to say something, but then he stopped. He didn't know if he should say anything, for it may spark more sorrowful memories. He couldn't imagine the deep sadness inside her at this moment, but he decided to say something to her.

"Hello Bailey. Well, I must say, it really was great meeting you. I want to say thank you for giving me a chance. I must say that I've come to really admire you as a great rolemodel, even though I knew you only this part of the year. I really wish you the best on your jump into the real world. I'm sure whatever you will be doing, you will be successful. Please accept this as a small rememberance of me," he said, giving her a small, wooden snitch that he carved in his free time. It was never really meant for her honestly, but she was the seeker, so maybe it would be better for her to have it. The wooden snitch was carved out in great detail, and was perched on a mini base. It looked exactly like a real snitch, the wings even down to a tee. On the bottom, there was an inscription saying,

Thank you...
for everything...
and for giving me a chance.

~Devin Cloud

Devin had written the inscription right before he got here actually. He had finished this little snitch a few weeks ago, but didn't know what to do with it. He honestly had no use for it, so why keep it. He gave Bailey a nod, and sat down next to Charlotte, who was basically one of his closest friends.

"Hey Char: what did I miss?" he asked, a smile on his face. He couldn't wait for food to come, he was hungry. But honestly, he was always was hungry, so nothing would ever change.

Mood: Happy Class: Great Hall Relationship Status: Single

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:10 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
As Bailey savored every bite of her supper, she glanced up from her plate, only to notice one of the first years she had met during the sorting ceremony staring at her. She couldn't blame her. How silly she must have looked being so teary-eyed on her graduation day. Bailey offered the girl a smile before taking another sip out of her goblet.

She reached for a small piece of bacon from a golden platter, then began to feed it to Leonidas, smiling widely as he seemed to be enjoying the food as much as she was.User Image

Before the bacon was gone, the word captain caught her attention, and she looked up to see Charlotte's beaming face. She listened closely to the heartfelt words, and this time she didn't bother to stop the tears. Instead, she leaned in for a friendly hug and whispered,
"Thank you, and I couldn't forget a chaser like you, Charlotte." She encouraged her with another plentiful smile before returning to her food, her mind still lingering on the girl's kind words.

Before she had gotten much further into her dinner, Bailey was again interrupted by one of her teammates. Before she could mutter a thank you for his vocal offering, she was a holding a hand-carved snitch in her hands.
"Oh, Devin- it's brilliant! Thank you! You...you didn't make this yourself did you?" She asked in disbelief as she closely examined the item, turning it over in her hands to find the hand-inscribed words. "Wow, Devin. Really, thank you..." She paused for a moment, letting another tear leak from her eyelid before lowering her voice. "I believe you'll do great things on the Hufflepuff team, that's why I chose you over the older students. But regardless - no matter what, you shouldn't compare yourself to your brother, or anyone else for that matter. The only person you need to prove yourself to is you." She gave the boy a comforting pat on the back, hoping he understood her words as encouragement and not sympathy. He really was an amazing chaser, not to mention that this was only his first year. She had much faith in him, hence his placement on the team.

Her mood was steadily increasing as she went back to her dinner, now focusing on all of the good times she had had and all of the knowledge she had acquired during her time at Hogwarts. Despite her reluctance, she certainly had earned her graduation, and she now decided to look at the goblet as half full for the rest of the night.

User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games