Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:06 pm
"Blood for blood! If you didn't do this, then just... get out of here. I will avenge my brother, though. I don't have time for small fries." She swung the katana to her side, not threateningly, but meaningfully, as she awaited her information.

Though it looks like she wasn't going to be patient much longer.  
Psychofish rolled 4 10-sided dice: 6, 2, 1, 8 Total: 17 (4-40)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:59 am
For a long moment, Denbe sat silent, afraid to move faster than worming Kagae along at a crawl, for fear of bringing spears down on himself and his helpless ally. As he heard the bandit shouting at Hisashi, the Hare cursed silently and realized what he was going to have to do. If the bandit was dead already he'd struck him harder than he'd realized, though he could not claim he had not meant to kill the man. But none of that changed the situation- there was a way two of the wardens could easily get away safely.

Denbe stood slowly.

"Yoritomo-san," he said quietly, "Take Kaiu-san and meet the others in the village."

And then, the Hare raised his bloodied katana.

"I am the one who struck your brother," it would not change her mind that he had been about to murder a bound samurai, "let the other two leave, and you shall have your chance to avenge him; I offer you a duel. Anyone moves to interfere with them, and I can vanish into these forests as fast as the wind itself. Let them go, and you have my word, I will stay to see out our duel. Can you agree to this?"

[4k3 Awareness/Courtier: 16 to convince her to take the offer.]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:11 am
So, this one was admitting to taking a Crab Magistrate hostage which is bad as this was Crab land. But the thought of Denbe and the others being out numbered didn't sit well with him either. Looking to Kojiro, he spoke briefly. "What shall I do?"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:06 pm
Miyako was tired of everyone not seemingly capable of making a decision. So she decided to take it upon herself. "Kojiro-san, Kakita---san" She practically choked on the san but managed. "Go help our fellows. Bayushi-san has promised no harm would come to me if he could help it." Relieving Kojiro at least temporarily of his duties.

If they would go, Miyako would then turn to Iwao. She had a few things to say to him.  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:48 pm
@The Headman's House

Kojiro would nod reluctantly and start off in the direction of the fighting. "Come, Kakita-san! Quickly!"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:20 pm
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: None
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: -1k0 fire/void.
Hisashi:None
Miyako: None

--------------------

@ Denbe, Hisashi, Kagae:

Denbe stood from the bush to take responsibility for his actions. He had every intention of challenging Ginko to an honorable duel, but he forgot one major fact: She was not a samurai. She knew not of dueling, nor of honorable resolution of disputes.

Case in point, she charged Denbe before he could finish speaking.

Denbe, Hisashi, initiative please! If you need a reminder, it's Insight Rank + Reflexes, keep Reflexes.

--------------------

@ Kojiro, Miyako, Zanzen:

Kojiro and Zanzen would hurry off, leaving Iwao and Miyako by themselves. Each "combat round", Kojiro and Zanzen, please give me Agility/Athletics (Running) rolls. TN 30 to start, and decreasing by 5 every round until you arrive. You might as well give me initiative rolls too, while you're at it.

Other bandits will be making the same roll, but they have a one-round head start on you. You can raise to intercept them, if you wish.

Iwao would look at Miyako after they would leave earshot. "You don't think I should go with them? They might need every sword they can get."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish rolled 4 10-sided dice: 4, 8, 8, 2 Total: 22 (4-40)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:25 pm
[4k3 Initiative: 20]  
Plainsfox rolled 17 10-sided dice: 4, 1, 10, 10, 6, 6, 10, 3, 3, 5, 2, 8, 8, 10, 10, 7, 2 Total: 105 (17-170)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:25 pm
OOC: Initiative: 7k3 +4 dice to handle explosions (First 11 dice)
Results: 41
Agility/Athletics: 4k3 +2 dice to handle explosions (last six dice)
Results: 37  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:27 pm
Miyako simply smiled. "Oh you can go help them. Any help would be appreciated, I'm sure. I am going to stay here with the magistrate. But I want you to swear to turn yourself in if we solve this problem for you. As you said, our problems may not be intertwined but our destinies are at this point. We will help you and your people, but you have still upsurped authority from a dutifully chosen magistrate. It will be up to her to decide if you still need to be punished should you survive." She pointed out the door. "As soon as I have your sworn word, you may go. Otherwise, I'm going to release the magistrate and let her decide here and now."

Of course, she was going to do her own investigation once he was gone.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:33 pm
Iwao would smile, probably far wider than it should have been. "My life was forfeit once I forsake my oath to my lord. I suspect magistrate-sama will have me executed the moment she is free of her bonds. She's... quite cross about all of this." He paused.

"You would be doing my neck a huge favor of delaying her release until after the bandits are driven off."

38 Etiquette to show his sincerity, with a raise (modified 33) to make you strongly consider his request of not untying the magistrate.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Sutiiven rolled 4 10-sided dice: 9, 10, 5, 5 Total: 29 (4-40)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:38 pm
Initiative: 4k3

Total: 9+11+5 = 25  
Sutiiven rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:39 pm
Exploding Die:  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Raganui Minamoto rolled 10 10-sided dice: 10, 6, 10, 9, 8, 9, 9, 1, 2, 3 Total: 67 (10-100)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:10 pm
Agility/Atheletics: 3k3 - 26... damn my lack of athletics...

Edit: Free Raise to lower TN, making it TN 25, meaning I pass!

Init: 5k4+8 - 43

Rolling 10 dice. First 3 are Agility, last 7 are init (2 for explody possibilities)  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:31 am
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: None
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: -1k0 fire/void.
Hisashi:None
Miyako: None

--------------------

43 - Kakita Zanzen
42 - Kuemon the Bandit, Katana drawn
41 - Bayushi Kojiro, Yumi drawn
30 - Shogo the Bandit, ??
25 - Yoritomo Hisashi, Yumi drawn
25 - Otsune the Bandit, ??
22 - Iwao the Ronin, ??
21 - Nakazo the Bandit, ??
20 - Ujina Denbe, Katana drawn
20 - Akahito the Bandit, ??
13 - Sotan the Bandit, ??
11 - Ginko the Bandit, Katana Drawn, 8 damage, Nicked
8 - Otojiro the Bandit, ??
6 - Tenshin the Bandit, Unarmed
X - Kaiu Kagae, 25 damage, Down
X - Takeshi the Bandit, 32 damage, Out

====================

Kakita Zanzen! You get there first, and Kojiro is right on your heels! You spend your whole turn arriving; not enough time to do anything, but you'll be in prime position to do something next round. You see a red-haired woman standing over the body of a heavily wounded red-haired man, wielding a katana, facing down Ujina Denbe. Yoritomo Hisashi is standing not too far away from them, with his yumi drawn, with an arrow against a bald man in a vest's back. The bald man is kind of strong looking, but doesn't seem to be carrying an aggressive vibe to him at the moment.

On the other side of the battle, a man in dark drab and a straw hat, supplemented by ashigaru armor appears. He has a very short beard, barely covering his jawline. He has a daisho. He uses a quick-draw method to draw his katana as a free action, though he seems to do so out of defense more than offense. "What in Jigoku... can't you people do anything right?" he says aloud to seemingly no one in particular.

Bayushi Kojiro, you then arrive beside Zanzen, seeing what I just described.

Yoritomo Hisashi, you're up! Declare your stance (Attack, Full Attack, or Full Defense) and state your action. Note, that you can only use a bow in Attack stance.

Zanzen, Kojiro, if there's anything you wanted to do, post so now. You used up your action getting here though, as every late arrival will also be doing.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:46 am
Kojiro would draw his yumi during the run over to the bandit encampment. It seemed a surge of adrenalin rushed throughout his body as he heard the call of combat.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games