Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
➤The ✭ Perfect ✫ World ➧➧➤ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What motivates you?
  Freedom
  Acceptance
  Power
  Wealth
  Love
  Knowledge
View Results

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:06 pm
Lukas looked to Isabella, Isabella to him, then shrugged. The two of them sat down, allowing their little girl to sleep peacefully. Lukas kissed his wife and held his child happily as she slept in his arms.

Occasionally scarlet would mumble in her sleep... one of the more audible mumbles was No, no duckies with flashlights...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:21 pm
((Bumparooni))

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:45 pm
((Bump-seidon God of Bump.))  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:11 pm
((Poke-bump))

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:31 pm
((I heard you liek Bump-kips))  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:05 pm
((User Image bump))

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:16 pm
((Well played))  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:16 pm
omgIisonfiyah

Gyzvx

Okami Ameras

((Quoted just to get your attention. Sorry it's been so long... I was burnt out. User Image ))

Genesis cocked his head to the side as the man started to speak, "Robots are no myth, sir. Have you never encountered one of my kind? They're everywhere nowadays, always patrolling the Fields... and most are hostile." He explained, completely ignoring the part about this being a dream, "You are extremely lucky if you have not yet battled one. Even with extraordinary talents, little Scarlet's life was almost lost by the attack of my sister..." His voice quieted and a hint of shame crawled into his expression, "So...were you in the simulation before?"

• • •

Raowan froze. He was captivated by the girl's power, by her presence. Even without a sixth sense, it was obvious to anyone just how wrong her existence felt. She simply returned the stare, her lips forming around unspoken words. The guardian read them by watching; "I want to be free."
"No...it can't be. She couldn't have... Not without the..." Raowan trailed off absentmindedly. He tore his eyes away from the impossibility long enough to think, then soundlessly spoke one word back to her, "Alena?"
She was gone.

• • •

The sounds of war raged on around her, the scents of blood and smoke tainted the air, death hung heavy upon the morning's arrival. Her whole body ached, mainly as an after-effect of the mental sync with her machine. It was probably dead by now, half of herself now gone along with it. Layla remained in the shelter of a truck, further from the battleground. More bodies were set down beside her as the medics worked to patch up their allies, desperate to save at least a few lives.
Her eyes were shut tightly, and her hands were held protectively around her crystal pendant. She was in that halfway-conscious state; aware enough to understand her surroundings, yet not enough to interact. Layla thought of her homeland, then back to the time when factions were not separate, until her mind finally settled on her memories of Aerilo. She mentally scoffed, 'How ironic it is that the good one died, while the arrogant one lives on...' She thought bitterly, 'I hope you're happy to see me get slapped with karma. I refused to believe you in life, and now I want nothing more than to believe.

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:04 pm
"Dude, what's going on?" Virgil asked, a little freaked out by the whole thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:43 am
Raowan blinked several times and shook his head lightly, "There's a lot you don't know and probably should." He looked to Virgil cautiously, "But I doubt you'd believe me unless you saw it with your own two eyes. Every other guardian but myself is also still oblivious, and I think that needs to change...especially with what's yet to come."
He glanced back to where the girl had been, "She...wasn't supposed to be here. I thought it to be impossible. You could call her the 'ghost of the machine.' She doesn't —or rather, shouldn't— exist in this reality..."  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:52 pm
"So basically what you're saying is that you know that you know that things are out of control and you have absolutely no idea what's going on. Am I right or still confused?" Virgil asked simply.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:52 pm
"Essentially, you're correct." Raowan nodded once, then gazed to the sky blankly, "...This world is fake, Virgil. It's a virtual reality containing most of earth's inhabitants, while their real bodies lay dormant in reality. It was created as a quick solution to the chaos which consumed society after a terrible war. I am one of the original Administrators; I specialized in the Caretakers, in their programming and design." The man paused as he realized an open window was above them. The scenery around them flickered, then changed to an empty field. He resumed speaking almost immediately, "What we know as Corrupted are, in reality, members of a resistance against the simulation. They have discovered ways to not only enter this world, but also exploit the tools of moderation that Guardians possess. And they are using those tools to rip this whole place apart, to destroy the simulation and all of the lives trapped within it. Thus began the implementation of Caretakers, as I realized the problem was growing and that we would be unable to keep up."
"Outside of the simulation is a wasteland, and within the few habitable areas are sections of the resistance. To our knowledge, there are eight in this division of the world. This simulation is not the only, either; every previous country has at least one, all joint to the others with an internet-type connection. And I am certain there are resistances for each simulation worldwide, however these eight are the only ones concerning us." Raowan took a moment to catch his breath, then continued. "The factions each seem to have different governing styles, and all have alliances and rivalries with others around them. Some are more advanced, some are more separate from alliances, some don't even have militant forces, but... all have the goal to destroy the simulation. We have incredible defenses in the real world, too, but against the capabilities of some of the factions, our technology is not enough. So, to enhance our ability to defend, we began some biological experimentation. And I believe that woman we saw was the virtual equivalent of one of them..."  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:51 pm
Devon fell on his hands and knees, panting. Deep cuts and a bullet wound reached up his arms, along with a few burns on his back. The whole battlefield was wreathed in flames and smoke, making visibility low and breathing difficult. Everywhere he turned, there were more bodies and more destruction. His comrades were dying for nothing...
Two Westerners helped him stand, then led him off in a clearer direction. Screams cried out, guns were fired, more explosions erupted in the distance. Devon wanted to keep fighting, to battle to the end, but his own body had given up. The medics led him to the camp of three unharmed vehicles, setting him down in the back of one before starting treatment. He winced as the rubbing alcohol burned at his open injuries.
There were others in this same truck, but most noticeable was Layla. She was sprawled beside him, halfway coated in bandages. Devon was tempted to say something to her, but the pain of his own wounds quickly overrode that desire. As they finished up bandaging his arms, the truck's engine suddenly revved to life. There was shouting outside, mostly incomprehensible over the machine's roar, except for one; "We have to go, NOW!"
That was enough to send him into panic. Devon sat up fast, eyes wide as he glanced from one person to the next, "We're l-leaving? No, we can't! There are others still out there...!" His cries were struggled as they restrained him, as the vehicle began to drive away. "They're our friends, our family! We can't just leave them to die!"
But his words were in vain. They just continued to retreat, every survivor sullen and silent.

Layla turned her head to face him and spoke softly, "They would want this, Devon. They would want for you and everyone here to keep living on. Their sacrifice shouldn't be for nothing." She reassured him, then looked back toward the roof above, "It would only be a waste if we tried to stop the inevitable."
She shut her eyes and thought of her faction, trying to imagine what she would do when she got back. She had let her machine die without her; she was a traitor to her own creation. That was a major taboo in their culture. Layla sighed heavily, "I almost wish I didn't have to return... My people will no doubt shun me when I do."
"Why's that?" Devon asked, puzzled.
"In Northern society, it's considered treason to allow one's mech to die without oneself. I know it sounds shallow, but a pilot's bond with his or her machine symbolizes their loyalty to the faction. To let it be destroyed while the pilot escapes is to betray the whole faction... I have lost my honor."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:04 pm
Lukas and Isabella continued to dote over their sleeping daughter, who was nuzzled up to them, content. Lukas winced at the mention of Scarlet and meta's encounter. He then paused and glanced at Genesis.

I... don't think he comes from the simulation, Genesis. Lukas started. His clothes are too ragged, hes not wearing the grey simulation suit. His exposure to the radiation too great. The fields where the simulation is present surely has low enough levels of radiation as to not be harmful to the occupants. And he came from the opposite direction from the fields. He was going East when he stumbled upon our home.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Gyzvx

Friendly Explorer

11,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:57 pm
Mord was quiet for a long time he didn’t know words like simulation and they sounded funny and wrong in his head. They sounded like words that were used by things the old timers had called lawyers. That used big words to make stupid lies more important sounding so they were big enough sounding to bend the truth of things. He liked it when people spoke plain if they had to speak at all. Talking too much usually got you distracted, distracted got you dead. "So ok, no I haven’t heard of any sim-yoo-lay-shun before but if they are so bad I can guess that it’s a good thing they don’t like the ruined earth then. The old timers mostly Hawk and Granny Anne, they told me stories told all of us kids’ way back of the wars and the fires that scorched the sky ruined the world, didn’t say too much about robots. Talked about running from armies trying to herd folks like cows... don’t really know what a cow is but granny Anne said they were big dumb animals we used to take care of so we could chop them up and eat them when they got fat enough. I’m not dumb, fat, or waiting to get ate." When Mord said simulation he said each syllable sounding it out, it was obviously the first time he had heard of or spoke this word in his life. He seemed to be relaxing now if only a little more as his body softened a little more.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games