Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 3, 4, 1, 10, 6 Total: 24 (5-50)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:58 am
Gendo would again attempt to rise early, as is his norm, and spend the morning walking Setsuna, cleaning up, and checking the Crane smiths.

Earth Roll - 3k3 - 8  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:49 pm
@ Kaichiyo:

You are able to eventually rouse yourself, and get your act together. Though the "stragglers" are leaving the bath just as you're getting there!

You will be one of the last to arrive at the event. But while we wait for that...

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Yeah, it's already passed dawn when you get up. No good! You try to hurry and get all the things you want done, but also, speak with a guard about where a certain samurai might be staying...

"Uh... I'm sorry, I don't think it would be in good taste for me to divulge where samurai-ko might be sleeping. I can't just tell you that information without her consent," he would explain awkwardly to Naohiko.

Thoughts?

--------------------

@ Gendo:

You wouldn't be getting up as early as you like, despite Setsuna's attempting prompting to wake you by licking your face. Seeing you not get up, he waits patiently until you eventually do.

You do start the day like you normally do, taking Setsuna for a walk, before...

WHAT IN JIGOKU???

User Image

Dogs EVERYWHERE. Samurai from numerous clans were all out here with dogs you don't remember seeing yesterday. They seem to be trying to... train them? There was a cacophony of attempted commands and not a single dog here was having any of it.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:12 pm
Gendo would do his best to just continue with his normal routine and hoping to return to the others without trouble.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:15 pm
Naohiko muttered to himself and decided not to push the issue. He bade the guard good day and sought to link up with Kaichiyo, wherever she was.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:25 pm
@ Gendo:

These dogs and samurai are in the small external garden area you had taken Setsuna previously for walks. Are you taking him for a walk here amidst this chaos?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:33 pm
Gendo will find another garden for walkies.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:01 am
Kyou woke up as the sun rose. She took her time, getting through her morning, bathing and arranging her morning tea. Around the time she was finishing arranging her kimono, the knock on the door drew a raised eyebrow.

She took a moment before opening the door, nodding in greeting. "Good morning...?"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:47 am
It would be a familiar face mask. The twisted mask of a tortured, furious kitsune. But a familiar mask nonetheless.

Yogo Bakin.

"Practicing your pleasantries in case of Crane visitors, I take it?" he said with the slightest hint of jest in his voice. "Then allow me to reciprocate: May I come in?"

This undoubtedly had to do with the letter he had sent to you yesterday evening, in your Scorpion clan cipher. The man leaned on his walking stick, dressed in his red winter kimono, and waited patiently for your response.

((Note the messages I sent you the other day.))  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:09 pm
"I'm surprised you weren't waiting for me as soon I arose," she said, her polite gaze falling to one of almost boredom as she gestured for him to enter. "The Kraken, correct?" she started immediately, heading back to her center room where her tea and a few sweets were waiting for her. "And what would the Clan have me do in regards to such an unremarkable group?" It was her own opinion, mostly drawn from lack of personal investment with them.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:49 pm
Bakin would hobble into the room, closing the door behind him. He'd take a seat within, despite not being offered one, resting his walking stick beside him.

"There really isn't much to say," the man would say. You get the sense that he might have smiled before continuing, but you couldn't tell. "Just get close, and observe them. Stay close, if possible. There's a lot of minor intrigue involving them, especially with the Spider and Mantis. Two clans we would be better off without."

Bakin would shrug. "I'm just a messenger. I think it's mostly a matter of seeing of the intrigue evolves into something the Scorpion might want a hand in, or is something easily dismissed. They might make good pawns one day. I know you can appreciate a good pawn, Kyouya-san."

He turns his head to the door. "Personally, I've noticed that they're ingratiating themselves with the Crane princess. For selfish curiosity reasons, I wonder how long it will take until she turns on them and attempts to destroy them. I'll be impressed if at least one doesn't fall before the winter's through."

Turning back to the samurai-ko, he'd simply state, "Eyes and ears, Kyouya. Eyes and ears."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:43 pm
"Hmm..." Kyouya listened patiently as she poured both of them tea. She figured it would go untaken, so there wasn't an offer of her dango made with it. She tried to avoid his obvious bait about them being suitable pawns, but the small smile curled her lips anyway.

She frowned at the mention of the Crane Princess however. "You think they'll fall that easily?" she quipped. "Then I don't see why I should bother..." her comment made it almost seem like she was going to decline his 'request'. "But for selfish curiosity reasons, I'll see what fun I can have with them."

She would nod as he headed to the door. "Eyes and ears."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:09 pm
Bakin would accept the cup. "Just a quick one. The court will be gathering for events soon, I wouldn't want to keep you." Lifting his mask, revealing the horrible burn scars that consumed the left half of his face and head, he would graciously take and drink from the cup.

"Mm. Speaking of which, you know how to play Shogi, correct? While weighing the possible events for today, I pulled some strings, and let them know that out of the choices, the Scorpion would be most appreciative for the opportunity to compete in Shogi today. I think the Crane took the bait; out of curiosity probably. Kojiro and Nene will participate if it comes to pass."

He would once more drink from the cup, trying to hurry it along as much as the hot liquid would allow. "And yes, I suspect one of them might. I'd hate it to be their princess, however. Kaichiyo is her name. She seems nice enough, but I think too trusting, or perhaps too confident. But it is not that I think lowly of the Kraken. It's the Crane princess I worry about. When she takes over for her mother, I suspect dark days will consume her clan." He finishes the drink in one last gulp. "Being a courtier, if you get a chance to talk to Kioko in person for more than a brief exchange, I suspect you'll discover what I mean. Thank you for the tea. You really should be off, so you're not late for the event reveal for the day."

--------------------

@ The main hall:

Kyouya, you would still arrive with some time to spare.

Naohiko, you can find and join Kaichiyo as she's en route to the event. You guys arrive at the last possible second.

Kioko would begin speaking to the gathered group. "Good morning, everyone~" she would greet the people gathered, many would bow respectfully to her. "There were several possible choices being weighed for today's events, especially the option for a day's reprieve. But we have decided on a less active event, to allow physical rest while still challenging you mentally. As such, I'm happy to announce that today's event will be games of Shogi!"

There was some chattering amongst the samurai, but it soon quieted. "Since Shogi isn't as widely played as Go, this does mean a day off for most of you. And while I do not play personally, I've been told by my advisors that I should encourage most of you to try anyways, even if you are inexperienced. You might not get many opportunities to be introduced to the game, so I say, have at it!"

Asahina Masanori would step forth, with a scribe nearby. "Everyone participating in today's events, please come forward and speak with me," he would squeak.

Who wishes to participate?

Gendo, after your lengthy detour, you show up at this point.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:40 pm
The green-eyed Kraken commented to his princess. "With your leave, I'm going to sign up. Will you, Kaichiyo-hime?" Naohiko waited for Kaichiyo's response before heading off to the line.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:04 pm
Gendo just looks at the collected, rubbing his chin, then shrugs while holding Setsuna. "Guess I could give it a shot."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:55 pm
She gave Naohiko a short nod as they met in the halls, considering to herself that she might skip breakfast next time she failed to wake up in time and nearly made herself late for the gather, but almost relieved in a way to see that her clansman was suffering the same. These foreign lands were fascinating, but if even Lord Sun was against them their time here was harrowing indeed. Grr... homesick within the second day. Pull yourself together, girl.

Much to her surprise, they arrived just in time, rather than late. After listening to the announcement, and her charge's request, that telltale grin was on her lips once more, back where it belonged. "Aye, you've my permission. Not only are we going to enter, but we're going to win! Go forth, Naohiko-san, and show them that even the tides of a game we've not played a day in our lives cannot hold back the Kraken!"

She stood in a dramatic pose, pointing forward at nothing in particular. An observer might even be able to see the rocky cliff beneath her feet and the dramatic crashing of waves and spray of seafoam at her back, such was the intensity. At least for a moment, until her finger fell a bit and she expressed another important thought aloud. "Umm... will someone be teaching us how to play?"  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games