Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:14 pm
Psalms
Chapter 3
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 A Psalme of Dauid when he fled from Absalom his sonne. Lord, how are they increased that trouble mee? many are they that rise vp against me.

2 Many there bee which say of my soule, There is no helpe for him in God. Selah.

3 But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter vp of mine head.

4 I cryed vnto the Lord with my voyce, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.

5 I layd me downe and slept; I awaked, for the Lord sustained me.

6 I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that haue set themselues against me round about.

7 Arise, O Lord, saue mee, O my God; for thou hast smitten all mine enemies vpon the cheeke bone: thou hast broken the teeth of the vngodly.

8 Saluation belongeth vnto the Lord: thy blessing is vpon thy people. Selah.  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:38 am
Psalms
Chapter 4

1 To the chiefe Musician on Neginoth, A Psalme of Dauid. Heare me, when I call, O God of my righteousnesse: thou hast inlarged mee when I was in distresse, haue mercy vpon me, and heare my prayer.

2 O ye sonnes of men, how long will yee turne my glory into shame? how long will yee loue vanitie, and seeke after leasing? Selah.

3 But know that the Lord hath set apart him that is godly, for himselfe: the Lord will heare when I call vnto him.

4 Stand in awe, and sinne not: commune with your owne heart vpon your bed, and be still. Selah.

5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousnesse, and put your trust in the Lord.

6 There be many that say, Who wil shew vs any good? Lord lift thou vp the light of thy countenance vpon vs.

7 Thou hast put gladnesse in my heart, more then in the time that their corne and their wine increased.

8 I will both lay mee downe in peace, and sleepe: for thou Lord only makest me dwell in safetie.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:36 am
Psalms
Chapter 5

1 To the chiefe musician vpon Nehiloth, A Psalme of Dauid. Giue eare to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation.

2 Hearken vnto the voice of my crie, my King, and my God: for vnto thee will I pray.

3 My voyce shalt thou heare in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer vnto thee, and will looke vp.

4 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickednesse: neither shall euill dwell with thee.

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest al workers of iniquity

6 Thou shalt destroy them that speake leasing: the Lord will abhorre the bloodie and deceitfull man.

7 But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy feare will I worship toward thy holy temple.

8 Lead me O Lord, in thy righteousnesse, because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.

9 For there is no faithfulnes in their mouth, their inward part is very wickednesse: their throat is an open sepulchre, they flatter with their tongue.

10 Destroy thou them, O God, let them fall by their owne counsels: cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions, for they haue rebelled against thee.

11 But let all those that put their trust in thee, reioyce: let them euer shout for ioy; because thou defendest them: let them also that loue thy name, be ioyfull in thee.

12 For thou, Lord, wilt blesse the righteous: with fauour wilt thou compasse him as with a shield.  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:10 am
Psalms
Chapter 6

1 To the chiefe musician on Neginoth vpon Sheminith, A Psalme of Dauid. O Lord, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.

2 Haue mercy vpon me, O Lord, for I am weake: O Lord heale mee, for my bones are vexed.

3 My soule is also sore vexed: but thou, O Lord, how long?

4 Returne, O Lord, deliuer my soule: oh saue mee, for thy mercies sake.

5 For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the graue who shall giue thee thankes?

6 I am weary with my groning, all the night make I my bed to swim: I water my couch with my teares.

7 Mine eie is consumed because of griefe; it waxeth olde because of all mine enemies.

8 Depart from me, all yee workers of iniquitie: for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping.

9 The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receiue my prayer.

10 Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them returne and be ashamed suddainly.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:23 am
Psalms
Chapter 7

1 Shiggaion of Dauid; which he sang vnto the Lord concerning the words of Cush the Beniamite. O Lord, my God, in thee doe I put my trust: saue me from all them that persecute me, and deliuer me.

2 Least hee teare my soule like a lyon, renting it in pieces, while there is none to deliuer.

3 O Lord my God, if I haue done this; if there be iniquitie in my hands:

4 If I haue rewarded euill vnto him that was at peace with me: (yea I haue deliuered him that without cause is mine enemie.)

5 Let the enemie persecute my soule, and take it, yea let him tread downe my life vpon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust. Selah.

6 Arise, O Lord, in thine anger, lift vp thy selfe, because of the rage of mine enemies: and awake for me to the iudgement that thou hast commanded.

7 So shall the congregation of the people compasse thee about: for their sakes therefore returne thou on high.

8 The Lord shal iudge the people: iudge me, O Lord, according to my righteousnesse, and according to mine integritie that is in me.

9 Oh let the wickednes of the wicked come to an end, but establish the iust: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reines.

10 My defence is of God, which saueth the vpright in heart.

11 God iudgeth the righteous, and God is angrie with the wicked euery-day.

12 If he turne not, he will whet his sword; he hath bent his bowe, and made it ready.

13 He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrowes against the persecutors.

14 Behold, he trauelleth with iniquitie, and hath conceiued mischiefe, and brought forth falshood.

15 He made a pit and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.

16 His mischiefe shall returne vpon his owne head, and his violent dealing shall come downe vpon his owne pate.

17 I will praise the Lord according to his righteousnesse: and will sing praise to the name of the Lord most high.  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:55 am
Psalms
Chapter 8

1 To the chiefe Musicion vpon Gittith, a Psalme of Dauid. O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory aboue the heauens.

2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength, because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemie and the auenger.

3 When I consider thy heauens, the worke of thy fingers, the moone and the starres which thou hast ordained;

4 What is man, that thou art mindfull of him? and the sonne of man, that thou visitest him?

5 For thou hast made him a little lower then the Angels; and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

6 Thou madest him to haue dominion ouer the workes of thy hands; thou hast put all things vnder his feete.

7 All sheepe and oxen, yea and the beasts of the field.

8 The foule of the aire, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoeuer passeth through the paths of the seas.

9 O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:23 am
Psalms
Chapter 9

1 To the chiefe musician vpon MuthLabben. A Psalme of Dauid. I wil praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart: I will shewe foorth all thy maruellous workes.

2 I will bee glad and reioyce in thee: I will sing prayse to thy name, O thou most High.

3 When mine enemies are turned backe, they shall fall and perish at thy presence.

4 For thou hast maintained my right, and my cause: thou satest in the throne iudging right.

5 Thou hast rebuked the heathen, thou hast destroyed the wicked; thou hast put out their name for euer and euer.

6 O thou enemie, destructions are come to a perpetuall end; and thou hast destroyed cities, their memoriall is perished with them.

7 But the Lord shall endure for euer: he hath prepared his throne for iudgement.

8 And hee shall iudge the world in righteousnesse; he shall minister iudgement to the people in vprightnesse.

9 The Lord also will bee a refuge for the oppressed: a refuge, in times of trouble.

10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou Lord hast not forsaken them that seeke thee.

11 Sing praises to the Lord, which dwelleth in Sion: declare among the people his doings.

12 When he maketh inquisition for blood, he remembreth them: he forgetteth not the crie of the humble.

13 Haue mercie vpon me O Lord, consider my trouble which I suffer of them that hate me, thou that liftest mee vp from the gates of death:

14 That I may shew foorth all thy prayse in the gates of the daughter of Sion: I will reioyce in thy saluation.

15 The heathen are sunke downe in the pit that they made: in the net which they hid, is their own foot taken.

16 The Lord is knowen by the iudgement which he executeth: the wicked is snared in the worke of his owne hands. Higgaion. Selah.

17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

18 For the needie shall not alway be forgotten: the expectation of the poore shall not perish for euer.

19 Arise, O Lord, let not man preuaile: let the heathen bee iudged in thy sight.

20 Put them in feare, O Lord: that the nations may know themselues to be but men. Selah.  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:35 am
Psalms
Chapter 10

1 Why standest thou afarre off, O Lord? why hidest thou thy selfe in times of trouble?

2 The wicked in his pride doeth persecute the poore: let them be taken in the deuices that they haue imagined.

3 For the wicked boasteth of his hearts desire, and blesseth the couetous, whom the Lord abhorreth.

4 The wicked through the pride of his countenance will not seeke after God: God is not in all his thoughts.

5 His wayes are alwayes grieuous, thy iudgements are farre aboue out of his sight: as for all his enemies, he puffeth at them.

6 He hath said in his heart, I shall not be moued: for I shall neuer be in aduersitie.

7 His mouth is full of cursing, and deceit, and fraud: vnder his tongue is mischiefe and vanitie.

8 He sitteth in the lurking places of the villages: in the secret places doeth he murder the innocent: his eyes are priuily set against the poore.

9 He lieth in waite secretly as a lyon in his denne, he lieth in wait to catch the poore: he doth catch the poore when he draweth him into his net.

10 He croucheth, and humbleth himselfe, that the poore may fall by his strong ones.

11 Hee hath said in his heart, God hath forgotten: he hideth his face, hee will neuer see it.

12 Arise, O Lord, O God lift vp thine hand: forget not the humble.

13 Wherefore doeth the wicked contemne God? he hath said in his heart, Thou wilt not require it.

14 Thou hast seene it, for thou beholdest mischiefe and spite to requite it with thy hand: the poore committeth himselfe vnto thee, thou art the helper of the fatherlesse.

15 Breake thou the arme of the wicked, and the euill man: seeke out his wickednes, till thou finde none.

16 The Lord is King for euer and euer: the heathen are perished out of his land.

17 Lord, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine eare to heare,

18 To iudge the fatherlesse and the oppressed, that the man of the earth may no more oppresse.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:48 pm
Psalms
Chapter 11

1 To the chiefe Musician. A Psalme of Dauid. In the Lord put I my trust: how say yee to my soule, Flee as a bird to your mountaine?

2 For loe, the wicked bende their bow, they make ready their arrow vpon the string: that they may priuily shoote at the vpright in heart.

3 If the foundations bee destroyed: what can the righteous doe?

4 The Lord is in his holy Temple, the Lords Throne is in heauen: his eyes beholde, his eye lids trie the children of men.

5 The Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loueth violence, his soule hateth.

6 Upon the wicked hee shall raine snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.

7 For the righteous Lord loueth righteousnesse: his countenance doeth behold the vpright.  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:20 am
Psalms
Chapter 12

1 To the chiefe Musician vpon Sheminith. A Psalme of Dauid. Helpe Lord, for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithfull faile from among the children of men.

2 They speake vanitie euery one with his neighbour: with flattering lips, and with a double heart do they speake.

3 The Lord shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things.

4 Who haue said, with our tongue wil we preuaile, our lips are our owne: who is Lord ouer vs?

5 For the oppression of the poore, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise (saith the Lord,) I will set him in safetie from him that puffeth at him.

6 The wordes of the Lord are pure wordes: as siluer tried in a fornace of earth purified seuen times.

7 Thou shalt keepe them, (O Lord,) thou shalt preserue them, from this generation for euer.

8 The wicked walke on euery side, when the vilest men are exalted.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:12 pm
Psalms
Chapter 13

1 To the chiefe Musician. A Psalme of Dauid. How long wilt thou forget mee (O Lord) for euer? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?

2 How long shall I take counsel in my soule, hauing sorrow in my heart dayly? how long shall mine enemie be exalted ouer me?

3 Consider and heare me, O Lord my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleepe of death.

4 Least mine enimie say, I haue preuailed against him: and those that trouble mee, reioyce, when I am moued.

5 But I haue trusted in thy mercy, my heart shall reioyce in thy saluation.

6 I will sing vnto the Lord, because hee hath dealt bountifully with mee.  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:50 am
Psalms
Chapter 14

1 To the chiefe musician, A Psalme of Dauid. The foole hath sayd in his heart, There is no God: they are corrupt, they haue done abominable workes, there is none that doeth good.

2 The Lord looked downe from heauen vpon the children of men; to see if there were any that did vnderstand and seeke God.

3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no not one.

4 Haue all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eate vp my people as they eate bread, and call not vpon the Lord.

5 There were they in great feare; for God is in the generation of the righteous.

6 You haue shamed the counsell of the poore; because the Lord is his refuge.

7 O that the saluation of Israel were come out of Sion! when the Lord bringeth backe the captiuitie of his people, Iacob shall reioyce, and Israel shalbe glad.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:02 am
Psalms
Chapter 15

1 A Psalme of Dauid. Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?

2 Hee that walketh vprightly, and worketh righteousnesse, and speaketh the trueth in his heart.

3 Hee that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doth euill to his neighbour, nor taketh vp a reproach against his neighbour.

4 In whose eies a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that feare the Lord: he that sweareth to his owne hurt, and changeth not.

5 He that putteth not out his money to vsury, nor taketh reward against the innocent: he that doth these things, shall neuer be moued.  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:31 am
Psalms
Chapter 16

1 Michtam of Dauid. Preserue me, O God: for in thee doe I put my trust.

2 O my soule, thou hast sayd vnto the Lord, Thou art my Lord: my goodnes extendeth not to thee:

3 But to the Saints, that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight.

4 Their sorrowes shalbe multiplied, that hasten after another God: their drinke offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take vp their names into my lippes.

5 The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance, and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.

6 The lines are fallen vnto mee in pleasant places; yea, I haue a goodly heritage.

7 I will blesse the Lord, who hath giuen me counsell: my reines also instruct me in the night seasons.

8 I haue set the Lord alwaies before me: because hee is at my right hand, I shall not be moued.

9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory reioyceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

10 For thou wilt not leaue my soule in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine holy one to see corruption.

11 Thou wilt shewe me the path of life: in thy presence is fulnesse of ioy, at thy right hand there are pleasures for euermore.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:55 pm
Psalms
Chapter 17

1 A prayer of Dauid. Heare the right, O Lord, attend vnto my crie, giue eare vnto my prayer, that goeth not out of fained lips.

2 Let my sentence come forth from thy presence: let thine eyes beholde the things that are equall.

3 Thou hast prooued mine heart, thou hast visited me in the night, thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing: I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgresse.

4 Concerning the workes of men, by the word of thy lips, I haue kept me from the paths of the destroyer.

5 Hold vp my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not.

6 I haue called vpon thee, for thou wilt heare me, O God: incline thine eare vnto me, and heare my speach.

7 Shewe thy marueilous louing kindnesse, O thou that sauest by thy right hand, them which put their trust in thee, frō those that rise vp against them.

8 Keepe me as the apple of the eye: hide mee vnder the shadowe of thy wings,

9 From the wicked that oppresse me, from my deadly enemies, who compasse me about.

10 They are inclosed in their owne fat: with their mouth they speake proudly.

11 They haue now compassed vs in our steps: they haue set their eyes bowing downe to the earth:

12 Like as a lyon that is greedie of his pray, and as it were a yong lyon lurking in secret places.

13 Arise, O Lord, disappoint him, cast him downe: deliuer my soule from the wicked, which is thy sword:

14 From men which are thy hand, O Lord, from men of the world, which haue their portion in this life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure: They are full of children, and leaue the rest of their substance to their babes.

15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousnesse: I shall bee satisfied, when I awake, with thy likenesse.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games