Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noname 51

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:13 pm
Shayne would let out a sigh and look up though the branches. "Reunite the lovers..."

Turning back to Revenge, "My message was more angled towards self, Abby to be precise. Would she know if this was her own thought, and not the result of magic suggestions."

Leaning forward, "I trust you, of all people, would be able to tell her from a possible clone. But, you also said the Arian soliders used magic and mundane means to find the two others. Aria is known for advanced arcane magic. A nation who's power is kept in check by their neighborhood. Would it be so far fetched to think they released the 'escapees' to cause chaos in other nations, find other victims, And other powerful magi?"

"Look, I said I would help... And I will, just not certain how and who needs it more. But, a story may help..."Standing up, Shayne continued to the door.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:52 am
"I have no idea. I'm not a spell caster," Revenge would respond. "How would anyone know that?" he would ask.

Then he would shrug. "I'm not a military advisor either. That's out of my realm of experience. Faith and merchandising is my skillset. Oh, and getting beat on by half-orc warriors."

Happy that Shayne began moving again, they would continue towards the front door, nearing it now. "The idea I came to you guys with wasn't set in stone by any means. It was a matter of inclusion so you two aren't left out of the plot a way to try to utilize everyone available to better increase our chances of success of getting the archmage's help. I'm definitely open to suggestions."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:18 pm
Once Revenge and Shayne arrive at the high-arched marbled entrance way of the Araethos family manor, a servant comes out to greet them. "Welcome, you must be the rest of the adventuring party! How may I assist you? The rest of your comrades are already inside. "  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:22 pm
Twyla listened raptly to Kail's explanation, nodding her head as she did so. She understood what Kail meant when he talked about the weave of magic. Spells had signature patterns that comprised them, and studying them could help you learn how to alter, remove, or replicate them. It sounded, though, as if Kail's expertise was a good bit beyond her own, though. Twyla wouldn't have had the slightest clue about how to figure out such a creature as Abby.

"Thanks much for your explanation, sir," she said. "I would be happy to wait for you in the hall!" She bowed to Odessa before she left. "Thank you so much for your playing, Miss Odessa. It was just wonderful to hear such an instrument played so skillfully."

And with that, Twyla waved goodbye cheerfully to Abby and Kuori, and went to follow the servant.  

AlphabetFish

Noname 51

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:18 pm
"Question your motives, for your choosen course. And if you find one that doesn't have a personal reason, and is odd to your normal course, it is possible to be a magical suggestion. OR it could be a random thought...Charm based spells 101." Shayne would then bump Revenge's shoulder with his own and smile "Having a caring friend, who knows your mannerisms helps greatly."

"First, listen to him and her To their concerns, you may find he may bargain to less, or let you stay by her side."
Turning back towards the tree, The young wizard would point at it as he walked backwards. "But, Talk about that tree if all goes to s**t, again, and be interested in his tale. Honesty interested in it"

Turn to face the doorman "Pleasure, but did you say rest? Including a tall lady goliath?"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:28 pm
Revenge would turn to Shayne. "No, she was still somewhere around camp, remember? Unless she said something to you about going in and you forgot to tell me."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Noname 51

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:04 pm
"No, but remember the perceived truth lesson. By default, either she was at the camp, or she wondered off , Or, we were wrong and this great man here can't count to seven" Shayne said, before bowing to the doorman. "No offenses, sir"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:46 pm
The servant by the door would politely interject into Shayne and Revenge's conversation. "A large goliath lady did indeed come to the house this morning, good sirs. She asked to be brought to the other adventures who had spent the night in the manor. Would you like me to bring you to them as well?"  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:14 pm
"..... wait. You mean, like, very early this morning? Hours ago? Before the rest of us woke up?" Revenge would question the servant, apparently unable to deduce any other explanation.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:09 pm
The Servant did not seem to know what to make of the Paladin's surprise but he would answer respectfully. "I would say she arrived roughly a half an hour ago or so, sir...is there a problem?"  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:16 am
Some part of Kuori knew that she should feel embarassed, but it was trumped by the part that said the wizard was a liar and she didn't trust him. She walked out of the room without a word, mission briefing time.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:38 am
Shayne just smiled to the servent, "That would be lovely, Sir"

"Perceived truth, and you don't know her as you think. She must of sneak in, while we were talkings to Miss Hiya." He would say to Revenge. "People can and will surprise you."  

Noname 51

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:42 pm
"..."

Revenge would just kind of stare blankly at the servant for a couple of rounds.

"..."

"..."

"......."

Elsewhere in the manor...

A male tiefling's voice would be heard, bellowing
"WHHYYYY?!?!"

in obvious frustration, somewhere a short distance away.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:59 am
The servant seemed quite confused by Revenge's sudden outburst. He would stand there for a few moments before clearing his throat and turning to Shayne. "Very well. I shall take you inside."

The servant would lead Shayne and Revenge through a maze of hallways and doors before arriving at a large banquet hall. Already in the room were Valac, Twyla, Kuori and Abby, as well as the two youngest Araethos daughters and a plethora of servants clearing away the last breakfast dishes.

Upon Revenge's entrance to the room, Abby looks away from him, avoiding making eye contact. It is not clear whether she is embarrassed about storming off yesterday or still angry about the failed negotiation, but nonetheless there is an awkwardness in the air between the two.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Noname 51

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:50 am
Being sure to enter the room first"Ladies and nobles, Prince Marie of Ferlands has arrived!" the young wizard would pronouce loudly, before bowing to Revenge and shifting away to a random corner.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games