Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
* Harry Potter; Mauraders' Era; lunch (next muggle studies); Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3;
  <3;
View Results

Freak Show Excess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:24 am
Sirius listened to James prattle on about his absence, which, he noticed, was quite a deal duller and less gussied up than his usual stories. He also noticed, with a slight pang of jealousy, that this was because of Lily's presence. Sirius honestly didn't know why his best mate could completely ignore him and croon over a bird like her. He slouched in his chair sullenly and took the opportunity to stare idly at Remus, who, he noticed, had only glanced at him once and then proceeded to eat his meal without removing his eyes from it. Sirius' heart dropped a little at the thought that perhaps Remus was regretting their actions, but he shook these thoughts from his mind and sulkily ate his breakfast, regretting that so little attention was being paid him.

After he had assumed he'd sulked enough without contributing to the conversation, he looked up to speak and noticed that everyone had left him. He was slightly abashed at the sudden departure of everyone at the table, but stood up to leave himself. He rushed out of the Great Hall and headed in the direction of Gryffindor tower.

Once inside the portrait to the common room, Sirius found James and Remus, but didn't see Peter, which could have been for a number of reasons. Shrugging, he slumped into an armchair next to Remus and across from James, noticing that both were rather distant, but James seemed to crave attention just now.

"Oi, James, what's the matter with you?" he asked, leaning into his chair with the lazy grace so associated with his character.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:31 am
"Oi, James, what's the matter with you?"

James' head snapped up at Sirius' tone. How dare he use such a tone with James when he was, at the moment, so full of despair! "Nothing," James muttered waspishly, and huffed a little more into his seat. Honestly! Sirius could be so inconsiderate of his feelings sometimes! "What's the matter with YOU?" He accused, rounding on Sirius, all frowns and theatrics, once again.

un de plus pamplemousse

Freak Show Excess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:38 am
Sirius made a ridiculous show of trying to cover up his barking laugh at James and turning it into a cough at the last minute. His features now artfully arranged in a grimacey I'm-trying-not-to-laugh-outright-at-you-but-am-failing serious face, he replied in a matronly tone. "Oh, Jamey, the only thing wrong with me is that I can see how obviously upset you are. Please do talk about your feelings with me, Jamey. I must understand your feelings." He barely uttered the last word when he burst out laughing. "Honestly, James. You're such a woman. Don't be a prat. Tell us what's wrong."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:43 am
James could not believe what he was hearing. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. HE COULDN'T BELIEVE ANY OF HIS SENSES ANYMORE! He just drew in a breath, released it, quickly drew in another, choked on it, gave up on any pretense of being indignant, and, in a voice rather higher-pitched than he intended, let loose "WHATISYOURPROBLEMIAMTRYINGTOHAVEADRAMATICMOMENTHEREANDYOUARERUININGIT" and fled the room, not without pausing at the top of the steps to look over his shoulder and fling an accusatory glance in his horribly unfeeling best-mate's direction.  

un de plus pamplemousse

Freak Show Excess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:00 am
Sirius blinked several times at the chair that had once contained James' hilariously dramatic figure, trying to accept the fact that James had, in fact, grown ovaries. He looked over at Remus, trying to see if he had witnessed any of this, then looked around the common room, noticing people jumping back into action (noticing Sirius' eyes on them) after watching James' episode. Sighing equally as dramatically as his now-absent best mate, Sirius decided he'd better go up and check on him. "Well, I suppose I caused this. Better go fix it," he said to Remus, awkwardly giving his thigh a little squeeze as he stood. He headed past the people crowding the stairs and climbed up to their dormitory.

Once inside, Sirius stood in the doorway, smirking at James' bedcurtains, which had obviously been wrenched shut in a temper, as a few of the hooks were missing. He muttered a quick reparo at the hooks and watched as they repaired themselves. Walking over to James' four poster, he slid open the curtains and found James sitting in the corner hugging his knees. Putting on his best sympathetically amused face, Sirius sat down next to James and put his arm around his shoulders consolingly. "Seriously, Jamey. You're my best mate, and I am worried about you. What was that about down there?"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:27 pm
Remus glanced up as Sirius took the seat next to him, trying to flash his friend a small smile. Turning back to his homework, he was pulled away by James' sudden outburst. Remus waited till James left, definently not trying to get into the middle of whatever was going on. He looked at Sirius, questioningly, but before he could say anything Sirius squeezed his thigh; which caused a warm feeling to bubble up in his chest. He smiled warmly at Sirius as his friend followed James, touching Sirius' side lightly as he walked past.

Shaking his head, he decided not to let the dramatics get to him, at the least ONE of them had to keep their head to the books or this year was going to be horrid.

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Mmm Bop

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:36 pm
Gilderoy sauntered into the great hall, an air of radiance flowing about him as he strode toward the Hufflepuff table. He nodded in the direction of Narcissa and Lucius. Beautiful people always acknowledge other beautiful people. A hand waved toward him from the Hufflepuff table, motioning him to them and his marked seat at the table. He smiled courteously at the people holding the seat before joining them. A quick look told him Dempsy was not one of the people gazing back at him. He froze, unsure what to do next. The fan club president had always taken care of his day to day. This year it was Dempsy's turn and he wasnt here. His gaze waundered downward and he caught sight of his relfection glaring at him from a plate. He gave his head a light shake, graciously turned to his left, greeting the young lady beside him, then began to eat his breakfast.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:29 pm
"Seriously, Jamey. You're my best mate, and I am worried about you. What was that about down there?"

James blinked pathetically at Sirius. Sirius had actually spoken a sentence to him without even a single slight in his direction, so he deigned to answer Sirius' question. "Girls, mate. Girls. What does that Evans have against me, eh? She can stand to be within twenty paces of Snivellus, but she doesn't even have time for even the idlest of banter with me?" He gave an indignant huff, determined it wasn't indignant enough, and followed it with a snort. Satisfied with his level of indignation, he continued. "Whatever, it's just Evans. Every other girl in this school would die to have me," he sniffed, rather uplifted by his own words. "But you don't have to call me a woman, Sirius," he glowered, fixing Sirius with the beadiest eye he could manage without giving himself a headache, and waited for Sirius to apologise to him.

un de plus pamplemousse

Freak Show Excess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:16 pm
Sirius held back a chuckle at James' worries, and slid closer, tightening his arm affectionately. "Oh, Jamey. Jamey, Jamey, Jamey..." He said, wondering, really, what he was going to say next. Honestly, did his best mate always have to be so pathetic when it came to Lily Evans? "You're right. Any sensible bird would go mad to call you their boyfriend. So why do you care so much about Evans?" She doesn't like me anyways. Sirius thought to himself, sniffing haughtily. "And I have every right to call you a woman when you're acting like one. No, I'm not going to apologize for that, so you may as well save that look for another time," he finished, punching James on the shoulder.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:18 pm
James rubbed his shoulder ruefully, and, though it was a severe blow to his ego, accepted Sirius' apology. Besides, it was Sirius, and he couldn't really stay mad at him, now could he? "Apology accepted," he muttered, pretending Sirius had, in fact, apologised. Brightening suddenly, he shot up from his bed. "Let's go back downstairs and make the most of this break. God knows Transfig is gonna be bloody awful." And without waiting for Sirius' reply, he practically pranced out the door and down the stairs, joining Remus once again.  

un de plus pamplemousse

Freak Show Excess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:32 pm

Sirius shook his head endearingly at his best mate's sudden recovery. James had always been one to be depressed one minute and happy the next. Sirius stood up, agreeing with James that they should relax as much as they could while they had the chance, and headed downstairs to join Remus and James once again.

He sat down in the same spot he had occupied previously and looked over to see that Remus was still pouring over his books. He groaned and snatched away the book in Remus' hand, closing and sitting on it, so Remus couldn't reclaim the heavy tome. "Honestly, Remus. It's the second day of classes. Why are you bothering yourself with this now? We have a half an hour before our next class. Let's enjoy it." He grinned at Remus, who, he knew, would try to come up with an excuse not to enjoy it and get back to studying.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:08 pm
Severus reached the dungeons in record time. He really hadn't started off with a great day. Sighing, he stepped inside the common room, heading straight for his room. After checking the time on his watch, he realised he didn't have much time to dawdle before Transfiguration. He grabbed his bag, stuffed his book, some parchment, and a quill inside, and headed for Transfiguration class.

Upon arriving, he noticed that he was the only one in the room. Shrugging, he made his way to the back of the room and took a seat.

un de plus pamplemousse

thebeautyofpain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:07 pm
Peter, a little irritated with James just blowing him off, decided to make a run to the kitchens for some sweets, seeing as he didn't have much time at breakfast.

After fetching some munchies, Perter began to head up the stairs to the Transfiguration classroom.

((This week and next week I'm going to be super busy with marching band, if any of you would like something to happen with McGonagall or Peter and you don't want to wait for forever and a day for me to return, feel free at this point! I'm only able to get on once a day or everyother day right now, so feel free to do whatever you need to to keep this moving smoothly.

I feel terrible that I've neglected this. D: ))

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:12 pm
McGonagall left the Great Hall swiftly to begin her last minute preparations. She arrived to her classroom and began shuffling papers around her desk and making some changes on the notes. As soon as she finished this, students began to trickle in.

thebeautyofpain

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:44 pm
[Just in case you missed it, I decided that I could not live without this little RP and decided to take Remus back from Wood. :]!! AND IT WAS RATHER VIOLENT INDEED.]

Remus did not even realize that he had been joined again by Sirius and James until Sirius reached over and grabbed Remus' textbook right out of his loose grip, causing him to jump a little in his seat. Sure, it was only their second day back, but O.W.Ls took place this year and he wanted to make sure that he studied hard so that he would get good marks and keep as many doors open for career opportunities. Remus turned to look at Sirius, who had that stupid grin on his face that caused his stomach to knot and turn and feel like it was going to fall out of his bum. He pouted slightly as he said, "Give that back, Sirius," but it was said all too playfully and he knew that his friend would not give in until he got his way.

Remus wasn't going to make things that easy. Leaning over the side of his chair so that his backside was slightly in the air and facing his two friends -- oh how polite he was -- he reached into his bag, his arm searching in the depths of junk and wasted parchment for a book, and also maybe taking a little longer because he knew exactly where Sirius' eyes were.

RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff