Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Aqua Springs ~ ART GALLERY OPEN! ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Art Nights be moved to Fridays?
  Yes
  No
  Doesn't matter
  I just want gold
View Results

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:57 am
Lord Redtail Rathan
Cuwen

((That is a blank quote. And what firece look> She can't see his face.))

~~Redtail Rathan~~

"Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity..."

"Well, if I told you, you wouldn't understand. So just call me Red. And who might you be?"

He stayed where he was, his hands at his sides, so she could see that he was no threat. After all, that was a pretty good vine. Especially if he felt it from Universes away.

{{Okey doke, Redtail. smile }}

Amy nodded slightly and then slowly stood up, her mother's spell book on the ground lying open. She was extremely cautious right now.

"Okay, Red... My name is Amethyst, Amy for short. Look, just straighten out one thing for me, please. I didn't conjure you somehow from that spell I just cast, did I?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:02 pm
Cuwen

((Don;t forget to take a peek at the Zoids thread. I still need to add one more Whale King, the Romeo Model.))

~~Redtail Rathan~~

"Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity..."

Redtail chuckled.

"Not exactly, little one. I...felt...your spell and came to investigate. You didn't congure me, but you attracted my attention. Now, what exactly were your intentions with the spell you'd casted?"

Redtail looked at her, but let his sense wander about, making sure this wasn't a trap or a set-up. After all, it's hard to call in the cavalry when the cavalry don;t know where you are.

((So what about my post did you love? XD I see nothing lovable about it.))  

Lord Redtail Rathan

Invisible Genius

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:13 pm
Lord Redtail Rathan

{{I'll respond in PM. smile This is the most I've talked with someone I just met a few days ago in quite awhile. lol! I'm glad we get along so well!}}

Amy frowned a little at the term 'little one', but she didn't comment on it. She had to stay focused and alert. She still didn't know if this guy was 'safe' or not.

"I attracted your attention?... That can't be good. I didn't mean to... God, who knows what other kind of attention I attracted? If you have the power to make that vine burn up, do you also have some kind of spell or something that can shield this area from any further attention or any kind of tracking, please? I don't want more individuals coming here or anything... I don't want more magical energy getting out."

She sighed and looked at her mother's open spell book. She nodded to it. It was still open to the spell she had cast.

"I've really gotten myself in deep here... I was trying to cast this spell to create a Venus fly trap. I've never been able to use any kind of spell like this before. I've tried reading from spells I've seen before, but it's never worked before. I mean, I usually get nothing... Absolutely nothing. I have no idea what happened this time."

She sighed when she realized she was slightly rambling.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:28 pm
Cuwen

~~Redtail Rathan~~

"Sorry. That would only attract more attention. It does require quite a bit of power gathering prior to such a shield going up. And if someone did show up with ill intentions, they'd be leaving soon."

Unless they've never heard of me. If they have, they'll move right along. If not, then they'll be taught.

Redtail tried not to laugh at her rambling, through the corners of his mouth did twitch.

"Hush, Little One. You're going to run yourself breathless. Might I see the book, please?"

Redtail held out his right hand patiently.

Lord Redtail Rathan

Invisible Genius

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:55 pm
Lord Redtail Rathan

{{I hate it when people ask for something at work, and then it turns out they don't need it in the first place.}}

Amy looked a little disappointed at the news about no shield being able to be put up. She understood. She didn't want to attract even more attention with a shield if it caused even more attention to put it up. She just hoped no one else came by. She didn't understand what Red meant by, 'They'd be leaving soon', but that was kind of the least of her worries.

She frowned again at the 'little one' title, but again let it slide for more pressing matters. She looked over at the book still lying on the ground and considered his request.

Really, she obviously couldn't do much with the book herself, so what harm would it do to give it to someone else? She didn't think there were any dangerous spells inside of it... Not that she'd be able to tell since most of it was in a foreign language. But she didn't ever remember her mother casting dangerous spells. She said that would cause too much attention.

Thanks for the warning, Mom....

Plus, Amy really wanted answers to all of this and help if all possible. So, she bent down, picked up the book, careful to keep it open at the same page, and handed it over to Red.

"Here it is. I don't know why it created a large vine instead of a small Venus fly trap.... Of course, I wasn't really sure how to separate the ingredients or if I even got all of the right ones."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:09 pm
Cuwen

((Welcome to my world.))

~~Redtail Rathan~~

Redtail gently took the book and held it flat open in his right hand, his left slowly running his fingers down the page as he read it, his lips silently reading out the words. The words on the page began glowing a healty green color. He then reached inside the pages, his hand disappearing into the page, all the way to his wrist. He drew it back out, holding a small green light in his hand, which he then tossed to the ground. The green light seeped into the ground, a small Venus fly-trap growing on the spot a moment later.

"You did everything right, Little One. It was a lack of conviction. You doubted the ability of the spell, as well as the ability of yourself. When you cast a spell, especially one involving Life, you must know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the spell will work."

Redtail closed the book and handed it back to her, the Venus fly-trap sticking out of the ground like no-body's business.

"Don't try my technique. I've practiced it for years now. Stick with what you know. It will cause you less grief."

Lord Redtail Rathan

Invisible Genius

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:10 pm
Lord Redtail Rathan

{{lol!! Your post made me smile. smile And yeah, I'm a graphic designer, so asking me to design something and then saying you don't need it anymore is a little frustrating. More like a lot. lol. Luckily the business cards had already been in a pre-set design, so I didn't waste too much time on them. But still...}}

Amy's eyes went as wide as saucers, if not bigger, when the words on the page started glowing and Red reached right into the book. His hand literally went inside of the book! Holy crap! How the hell was he doing that?!

And then, he tossed something on the ground. As Amy watched it, the light turned into a Venus fly trap. Amy gasped slightly and then slowly turned her head to look back at Red in awe. Who was this guy?!

She was so shocked that she hadn't even noticed he had called her 'little one' again.

"Uh... Uh, wow, umm... So, you just put your hand it the book and pulled out what you wanted? Seriously? Who are you?? I never even saw my mom do that. That was too cool..."

Amy took the book back and started turning it back and forth in all directions, inspecting it as much as she could. It wasn't like she could find a secret hole in it or anything... but damn! How had he done that?

As she continued looking, she spoke. "So, you're saying that my lack of belief in myself and my powers caused the vine to grow out of control and made the ground shake? Wouldn't a lack of confidence cause nothing to happen like usual? How did it amplify everything?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:18 pm
Cuwen

((WHOO! XD Forgive the lack of header please. XD And based on his little speech, can you understand why his quote is what it is? XD))

"As I said, it's a practiced technique, not one you learn overnight. I learned initially how to channel power through a staff. Later, through my very body. And because of what I was used to, it took me eight years to learn to use a Spellbook like that."

Redtail crouched down and gently stroked the little plant, a soft smile on his face.

"You know how they say a dog can sense your fear? When you work with magic that affects living creatures, you have to maintain a firm control over yourself. The power of Life is overwhelming with the urge to spread. The littlest spark of life can become a rainforest. Unless you are confidant in yourself, Life will see that, and take advantage of you to spread like, forgive the term, wildfire. The same may also be said about Death."

He turned to her.

"You won't find the book any different. Not one bit. Even the page is the same."  

Lord Redtail Rathan

Invisible Genius

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:28 pm
Lord Redtail Rathan

{{Yep, I can. And his explanation totally makes sense. smile I have to head out after this post because work is almost over, but I'll be back tomorrow! biggrin I'll be getting a new laptop toward the end of this week or the beginning of next (my old one broke), and then I'll be able to be on more often. smile We can pick this scene up later if you want.}}

Amy watched Red as if her eyes were glued to him. He had just completely come out of the blue and used magic she had never seen anyone use before. Of course, it wasn't like she was that familiar with that many pure-magic users that weren't demons or elves, but still she was very impressed and even more curious. She was telling herself that she shouldn't trust this guy right off the bat, that she should be very cautious around him, but the thought of possibly learning something from him, of him teaching her how to use magic better, won out over all caution. She didn't know if he even would, but dang... Just the possibility was too tempting to pass up!

"The example you use actually makes quite a bit of sense. It kind of makes sense now why my lack of confidence would cause that mini explosion of plant life. I never even thought about something like that happening. I was only worried that nothing would happen like all the other times. I'll be careful what I wish for from now on."

She closed the book and tucked it under her arm. She didn't really know how to approach this issue. "Uh, so, where are you from, if you don't mind me asking? Are you from around here? You nearby? I've never seen you around the neighborhood before."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:54 am
Cuwen

~~Redtail Rathan~~

Redtail hesitated. That was not a question he was used to being asked. And when he was asked, it was normally after the person had become familiar with the CSA.

"I'm...not from around her. Quite a good distance, in fact. I'm a foreigner in a manner of speaking. And I really should get back. Will you be alright here?"

He was used to new worlds being quite chaotic and dangerous. He didn;t know a thing about this one. Once he got back, he'd have a Heavy Cruiser visit and do a brief survey. Hopefully, leaving her alone wouldn't cause her to come to any great harm...

Lord Redtail Rathan

Invisible Genius

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:41 pm
Lord Redtail Rathan

{{don't know if I'll get another post in today or not. It's busier. sad Starting my third instructional video today and am doing the audio for it first.}}

Amy was really confused. He lived quite a distance away but he felt her magic? She hoped that just meant he was really powerful, not that her magic had produced such a powerful pulse.

When he said he should be getting back, her eyes widened and she blurted out something that even shocked her.

"Wait! Can't you teach me some stuff about using this spell book?"

Her own eyes widened and her outburst and she blushed in embarrassment. "I mean, uh... Yeah, we just met, I don't know you, but... well damn, you're so powerful! I only know how to control the water and wind. I know nothing about spells. I'm like half a witch. Maybe even just a fourth. I had a mentor months ago, but he's gone. I've been hoping and hoping for a mentor again ever since I found this book, and here you are! It's like kismet!"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:29 am
Cuwen

~~Redtail Rathan~~

Redtail's mind froze in the middle of a Locator Spell. He immediately countered it before it went awry.

"Wha? You want me to teach you? Little One, I haven't taught ANYTHING in years, much less magic! Besides, our magics might be incompatable. I definitely can't teach you Elemental Magic, as you don't have the same connection I do. The book was simple because it was a simple spell..."

Redtail's mind went into overdrive. One could almost hear the squeaking of the hamsters on their wheels.  

Lord Redtail Rathan

Invisible Genius

SakuraTheBlueTiger

Tipsy Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:48 am
Lord Redtail Rathan
Cuwen

((Yay for boredom...time to annoy people and you'll do xd ))

Sakura made her way into AS an looked around, wondering if Amy was in but it appeared she wasn't. She had just come back from a training session and wanted to relax. She made her way into the garden and sat down in the rest area before humming a mindless tune to herself.  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games