Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Aqua Springs ~ ART GALLERY OPEN! ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Art Nights be moved to Fridays?
  Yes
  No
  Doesn't matter
  I just want gold
View Results

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:02 pm
*pets her dragon* You've got to learn to take baths, Smok... it seems like you're always getting dirty. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:08 pm
redface -blushes- I...I'm not sure.... -wrings out some excess water from her shorts and shirt- A few days, probably... redface  

Miru J-sama

Mitri Onuris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:14 pm
Well, I wanted to return that manga that you let me borrow a while back, so I was wondering when I could do that. Since Dec's coming to get you soon, I wouldn't have time to get it tonight...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:20 pm
I...I might be here tomorrow... -her voice trails off as she blushes and wrings her hair before towelling down her arms-

-Miru looks over at Kits- Miss Kits? May I take this towel with me and bring it back tomorrow?

-Miru hears her name being called over the intercom saying her ride was here and her body motions become unsure and impatient- sweatdrop That must be Dec...

Miru J-sama

Mitri Onuris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:21 pm
Tomorrow sounds good. *grins at Miru* I'll come here after work, then. *boosts himself out of the pool and goes over to get a towel to dry off*  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:24 pm
*nods* That's all right.

You don't want to keep Dec waiting. smile See you later, Miru.

*hears Kits saying good bye to somebody and squeaks a good-bye of his own*  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Miru J-sama

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:29 pm
I would like that... redface redface

Thank you, Kits. biggrin -smiles at her

-squeezes out more of the water, slips on her shoes and then waves to them all- Good night. It was nice to see you all again... redface See you later... -giggles at Smok's goodbye and leaves the pool area-

-gets in the car and goes back to Dec's, forgetting all about her manga on the table-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:34 pm
Bye, Miru. *waves*

Good night!

*dries off* I'll go change, then we can walk home together, ok, Kits?  

Mitri Onuris

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:38 pm
*nods* All right. I'll be in the lobby. *Mitri walks into the locker room, and as Kits is getting up, she sees a book on a table* Oh, somebody left a book here... it's a manga, so probably Miru. *takes it in to the information desk, where they'll hold it for whoever comes to claim it*

*after Mitri comes out, the two of them and their pets walk home*  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:58 am
{{*sigh* I guess we lost a member, then... He was a great RPer, too. He had some great ideas. I think we're losing a couple of people because of this time thing. And so many people are retroposting right now that I started wondering if it'd be better if we do away with the time thing. Maybe RP like normal since we're in the RP subforum now. But I can understand why others wouldn't want to change that. It seems like we're moving more and more in that direction with all the retroposting, anyway, but I can understand why others wouldn't want to change. Just sucks we lose really good RPers because of it.

Also, saying someone is asking for special treatment and saying how they should just learn how to deal with the time thing is not entirely polite. That kind of attitude can and has turned other RPers away. I think there's a more mature and kind way to word that sentiment. Basically saying someone can't hack it will turn them off, and that's not what we're here to do. We're supposed to be welcoming.

Also, I was just wondering if we could change the time thing b/c he's a soldier over in Afghanistan and can't RP during the regular hours. I know, there are other people in this RP that are in a different time zone and just deal with it, but I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to possibly change that and provide a better RPing opportunity for everyone. I don't want to turn this into an OoC war. I'm pointing out different things and possibilities.

Maybe we can experiment with a different time thing in the EE thread in the future? It seems like that thread is kind of usually in a different time, anyway. Hardly anything there is in current time anymore. Just a thought.}}  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:10 pm
((... there are how many other RP guilds, threads, links, groups, projects, experiences and ideas out there.. Why are you nit picking this one to death? If you hate it so much make a new thread that is not part of geezer ville... why is that so hard? I could say so much more but why bother? Seriously... If he wants to RP with you some place else or in a different platform open another thread... That's why threads have rules.... Or just retro post like everyone else... This seems like you just want to complain.))  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:04 pm
(( Okay I'm not entirely sure why this is turning into such a big deal. But I just feel the need to clarify a few things.

"Geezerville" RP threads are part of a Virtual Town. Each are connected as they are part of the town and everything is explained very nicely in the Geezerville Information Center. It explains the concept, what to expect and even the style of RP which happens to be extremely casual and a anything goes sort of place.

There are also other RP threads that are NOT part of Geezerville and they can be anything these owners want them to be. If people are wanting a more traditional or formal RP setting with strict guidelines and rules to abide by, there is no stopping you. Go ahead. Have fun with it. Create new ones or use any one that is currently listed. I do believe there are a few.

We don't turn anyone away here simply because of the style in which they choose to post. Nor do we discourage people from playing how they want to play. People RP to have fun and there is nothing stopping anyone from playing how they want to play…real-time or not.

I believe to eliminate confusion for most of the regular participants of "Geezerville" is for the threads to remain as a town and treated the same way…meaning consistent and cohesively (all of them real-time RP)…since people do jump around to RP in several places within the town. But as far as making an RP not attached to Geezerville with any time frame you'd like…sure. Knock yourself out. ))  

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:39 pm
{{Thank you, Psyzapp. I really appreciate your thought-out and informative post. It clarifies a lot and reminds me of some things I had forgotten. I wasn't really sure why everything was turning into a fight, either. I had forgotten about the 'Virtual Town' part. I just thought that this real-time thing was something everyone had decided upon and was doing. So, I thought that it could be changed IF others wanted to. It was just an idea that I thought I would bounce off of others and see what their opinions were. I had mentioned just starting a different thread for a few of us to Red this morning before any of this was brought up. I like that idea now, but it's not just me who would be involved. So, it's a wait and see thing.

I don't like the thought of ideas being shot down right away just because of who makes them. RPing is supposed to be a creative area where ideas are thrown around and no one is put down or told they are just complaining for making an idea. This entire thing wasn't even supposed to be about me. It was about how to welcome new members as a whole and how they might view the time thing. Red just happened to be the first example. But, he brought about a very good overall issue that I thought I could bring up and get everyone's feedback.

I appreciate all of those who responded in a mature, unbiased manner. I appreciate it for myself and also for the new RPer so that he wasn't made to feel bad about this issue being brought up, even though none of this 'bickering' or rude comments were his fault. In the future, I hope we all can discuss things maturely and without a preconception based on who is posting what. We're all adults here, as is required for this guild, so I think we should behave as such.

Maybe we should have a thread where ideas can be openly and freely discussed about this and other RPs. Ideas for everything. Not a play on words, but that's just another idea I had.}}  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:29 pm
((It isn't the first time I've heard of someone who is used to a traditional or formal RP setting not "get" or "get into" a real-time setting we have in the Geezerville set of RP threads. There is certainly NOTHING wrong with not adapting well when you are familiar with a different way to RP. Even I have difficulty adapting to the traditional or more formal RP style where I tend to find them more particular about the way you post.

As far as discussing freely and openly ideas about RP, RP ideas, something such as this "time" thing or any future issues that come up, we could start a thread up for such a purpose. I'll get right on that and set something up. wink ))  

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:39 pm
{{It did take me quite awhile to get used to the new time setting in this RP myself, and I'm sure I still make some mistakes. But it is nice to have that variety in RP methods. It can be frustrating, but more often than not, it's quite a bit of fun once you get the hang of it.

Thanks, Psyzapp! I really appreciate that. Just knowing there's a place we can introduce ideas we might have or suggestions is great. biggrin }}  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games