Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Ravenclaw Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pathological Kisser

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:06 am
User Image

”Well obviously your summer was not satisfactory. You were dancing without me. Clearly we will have to rectify that this year.” His smile was playful and charming, just like the young man behind it. Chase was not terribly hard to understand. He loved good women, good books and even a good joke. Pretty much in that order. But like he had no favorite tome or favorite gag, he had yet to find a girl that could stand out above all others. But he was always looking. Belle had seemed special, but he told himself that was also coupled with the fact that he was warded away from here by Hildy and then the isolation that was forced upon them. Chase was used to getting what he wanted. He could accept defeat but not a flat denial.

”My summer could have been cavorting with veelas and it wouldn’t have been nearly as provocative as the notion that we will be working together this year. In a completely professional meaning of the word, of course.” He chuckled. In reality, this was the most interesting moment since last year. The summer was either full of absolute boredom, hours in the silence of the library, fighting with his grandmother or begging his uncle to take him hunting for werewolves. Even after they left their grandparent’s estate, they were so relieved that they gladly did as their uncle told them which involved mainly staying indoors and out of trouble.

But he was more than planning on making up for all of that calm and quiet nonsense. Just a trip to the joke shop and…He paused as he remembered that he was a prefect and he was supposed to keep anyone else from causing trouble. It went without saying that he was supposed to avoid trouble himself. A thought which he couldn’t help from turning his lips into a truly mischievous smile, ”So now, being that we are both Prefects, does that mean that if I break the rules then you are the one responsible for my punishment?”

There was a playful waggle to his eyebrows as he finished the rhetorical question. It was almost reason enough to invest in tons of Dungbombs. Though she was left to contemplate his jest as trouble broke out at the Hufflepuff table. However it was well handled by Prefects and professors, so he saw no reason to add to the commotion. Turning to the table of Ravenclaw’s he motioned for them to calm down, “It’s well in hand. The little lady looks alright. Don’t lose your pumpkin juice over it.”

Though, even as he chatted to the beautiful Ravenclaw and over the commotion of the fainting girl, he found his eyes drifting back to the Slytherin Table. It was nice to see Hildy chatting to her classmates after all of this time. But he knew that there was one that she was waiting on. His dark green gaze drug up the Slytherin table to the angelic blonde with eyes glinting like the devil. Belle was a mystery to him, perhaps that was what held his interest. Knowing that there was more to her under the surface. But what a surface. For a moment he watched as the blonde seemed about to go to Hildy, just a quick flair of emotion that died down quickly. He had the distinct urge to go and push the two together. Or perhaps just take Annabelle aside to have a talk with her himself.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:23 pm
User Image
User Image

Seeing that her conversational partner was distracted, Shina turned her own attention back to the meal. Duck with orange cranberry glaze caught her eye, and she added a portion to her plate, scooping a few of the candied orange slices and cranberries that had been garnishing the platter onto her plate as well. She alternated bites of duck with bites of mashed potato and parsnip with gravy, with the occasional foray into her scoop of roasted and seasoned young vegetables. Pumpkin juice...seemed like it would be an acquired taste. After a single sip, Shina switched to tea.

User Image
((OOC: ... ))

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

XXx_gold-dust_xXX

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:01 am
User Image
User ImageMood:
Area:
Thoughts:

Lillian Carmichael
First Year
Ravenclaw

"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot."

Lillian Carmichael walked down from the sorting hat and to an open seat at the Ravenclaw table. She really wanted to go to Hufflepuff, but she was fine with Ravenclaw. She knew that the sorting hat knew what he was doing. Lillian looked around at everyone at the table and smiled. These were the knew people in her life for this year and then her brother would be coming next year."Hi my name is Lillian Carmichael," she said formally to everyone at the table just to make small talk. She wanted to make new friends.

"Art washes away from the soul, the dust of everyday life."

User Image

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:38 pm
Sovay Róisín ó Súilleabháin
~

((sorry, no picture yet.))

After long minutes with the sorting hat, Sovay stumbled over to the Ravenclaw table. She had always thought she would be in Hufflepuff, like her father, but in the back of her mind, she had always wished to be honored with Ravenclaw, where, perhaps, she would not be mocked for her intelligence or peculiarities. Glancing around nervously, she found an empty enough space to sit at the table, her toes barely touching the floor. She brushed her long, dark hair out of her face, shooting a quick, trembling smile at the student next to her.  

cvbkfgbkjmgbcj

Timid Darling

Catastrophic Ecstasy

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:55 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

Elliot looked at the girl who had just sat down next to him, his eyes blank for a moment as he was still turning wand motions around in his head. Then he blinked twice and looked at her again, and smiled quickly. He held out his hand - which still had his fork in it - to her to shake.

"Hello! My name is Elliot, hope we get along well!" His eyes crept down to his hand to see that his fork was still grasped in it and he let out a small sound of embarrassment. The young boy quickly dropped the fork back onto his plate, then held out his hand to Sovay again, a sheepish smile on his lips.

User Image
User ImagexxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxUser Image

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:47 pm
~

Sovay took Elliot's hand and gave it a firm shake with her own tiny hand.
"Sovay ó Súilleabháin. You're the first person I've met here--I sat by myself on the train." Sovay paused awkwardly. "So do you--do you come from a wizarding family?"  

cvbkfgbkjmgbcj

Timid Darling

Catastrophic Ecstasy

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:52 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

"It's alright, I sat alone on the train too, though I met Shina here when the boats were launched." Elliot rubbed the back of his head before chuckling.

"And yes and no. My parents are recessive-magicals, or squibs, and they raised me as a mundane. I don't know the rest of my family, but my sister is also a mundane. So they were able to explain some things, but not everything. What about you?" The boy took a sip of his pumpkin juice, wincing for a moment at the unique flavor it had.

User Image
User ImagexxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxUser Image

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:24 pm
~

"Muggle mother, wizard father. I did go to a Muggle school, however. My mum insisted." Sovay paused here, and, seeing the mashed yams on the table, took the opportunity to serve herself. Switching subjects, she said, "Hogwarts is so grand and fantastical. My father described it..." She shook her head. "But it's so real and big. And all these stairs! Anything at all could be lost or found here, in this maze."  

cvbkfgbkjmgbcj

Timid Darling

The Ariadelle

Fashionable Scamp

27,675 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:38 pm
User Image
Adair Reynolds

How he'd wandered so slowly to the table was absurd to him, it never took him this long to get anywhere. Something about this year just felt off. Perhaps it was the screaming from the sorting area(no...there was a prophecy last year too if he remembered correctly), or the groups of usuals talking(no, that also was there last year). Maybe he was dreading the usual again, and that was the key to his reserved and reflective state.

Making his way closer to the table, he sat away from any primary group, though he kept an eye on his housemates, seeing if anyone had not returned, though he couldn't count anyone. Not too far over, he saw Clarissa looking around the room, though mostly to the door. Rising to get a bit closer, he sat fairly close to her. "Is everything alright? Who is still missing?" Perhaps he had indeed overlooked someone.  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:09 pm
User Image
☆═━┈☯┈━═☆
Simon Meridith

Second Year Ravenclaw
☆═━┈☯┈━═☆

✔Age: Twelve
✔Mood: Hungry
✔Status: Single

Simon was confused when the boy who fell on his raced off, then shrugged and was about to return to his own little world when Clarissa asked what happened and if he saw Adair. He was about to answer that he hadn't when the boy in question appeared and joined them. "Oh, here he is," Simon said and disappeared back into his own little world.

Out Of Character: ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

XXx_gold-dust_xXX

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:16 pm
User Image
User ImageMood:
Area:
Thoughts:

Lillian Carmichael
First Year
Ravenclaw

Lillian looked around the table of her new family. The Ravenclaw students looked great and easy to get along with. She scanned everyone's face, studied every detail, and then spotted Simon. He was sitting two seats away down from her across the table. She smiled and her cheeks got red a little. He is cute, she thought to herself and smiled at the boy. Lillian turned away before he could hopefully notice though.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:18 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━┓
Sato Aiko

Fifth Year Ravenclaw ▹ Prefect
┗━━━━━━━━┛

▷ I may be quiet, but I'm screaming at you in my mind. ◁

A pleasant smirk crossed her face as he suggested that she was less off for not dancing with him over her summer. "I should think, Mister Balford, that you would not enjoy donning a leotard in order to dance with me. I dance ballet, in order to improve my balance." He continued, however, and Aiko smirked, continuing to entertain his notions towards her. "I should think that, as a Prefect, should you need to be disciplined, that would be done by the Head Boy and Girl or Professor Athlis." Then there was a commotion over at the Hufflepuff Table, but before she could do anything, the Hufflepuff prefects and Professor Thorne were handling the situation. She nodded as Chase calmed their table down.

Out of Character: ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:39 pm
User Image
☽═━┈━┈━═☾
Anyanka Swan

Headmistress
☽═━┈━┈━═☾

The Headmistress hurried into the Great Hall, her long dress trailing behind her. She appeared out of breath as she moved up the center of the Great Hall, passing by Inari Evernight with a nod to her Deputy Headmistress. She moved up to the podium, which extended its wings, ushering the Great Hall to silence. "I am truly sorry I'm late students. I was held up with other matters. First, I'd like to welcome all of our old students back to Hogwarts. All of your Professors are sure to be happy to see your faces again. I know I am. To the new students, I say welcome all. Savor these years here at Hogwarts as they will be some of the best years of your life. I'd like to remind all students that the Forbidden Forest is off limits to all students. Now, let the welcoming feast begin!" As the Headmistress finished her speech, there was a popping sound at each table as the food appeared en masse on the table.

⇨{Out of Character}⇦

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:42 am
User Image
Chase Henrick
~ Ravenclaw ::: First Year ~

User Image

Chase reluctantly went back to his table. He didn't truly believe that Kat was fine, but the Headmistress did start to speak and it would be rude for him to not pay attention. The year had just begun, and yet we were off to a jumpy start.

As the food appeared, he remembered how he had squashed the other boy when he raced off to the Hufflepuff table. He noticed the boy was busy in his thoughts, and he felt a little bit guilty disrupting him, but it was better to apologize now than later. "Sorry for earlier. I was in a bit of a rush," he said, gesturing to where the commotion was.

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

XXx_gold-dust_xXX

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:32 am
User Image
User ImageMood:
Area:
Thoughts:

Lillian Carmichael
First Year
Ravenclaw

When the food appeared on the plate in front of Lillian she picked up her fork and started to eat. The food itself tasted magical and was some of the best food she had ever had. When Chase came back to the table she smiled,"Hi my name is Lillian Carmichael," and went back to her food. She waited for a response as she tasted every simple but yet amazing flavor in her food.

User Image

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games