Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The ART Dept
Portraits of a drunken, cross-dressing elf (art thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 60 61 62 63 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:51 pm
Trying a new approach to coloring. It'll probably be awhile before I understand color theory that I recently learned, but it's a start.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:00 pm
Oh! I really like the start, Kai! biggrin  

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:25 pm
Thanks. xp End of the day and Imma grab something to eat so a little update.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:05 am
Can't sleep. Too tired. This is the final product. emotion_zombie

User Image  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Lia_Trovaras

Beloved Hellraiser

18,975 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:14 am
Looking good there looking food. Liking the new coloring methods 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:13 pm
His coat looks kind of iridescent with the blue and red. It's an interesting effect.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:38 pm
*Still staring at those muscles, which look even better colored in ... * emotion_dowant  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:13 am
I've already started on my next idea, but it's too forced when the inspiration isn't quite there yet and it's looking rather fail. xd

I usually take forever on art anyway so I'm going to switch to another project. One with more boobs. I'm like going through boob withdrawal here.

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:24 pm
With the combination of the blue shading and your normal shading, plus the shade of blue you chose, it looks like he's got two lights on him: one being a while light roughly coming from the top left, and the other being a blue light roughly coming from the bottom right. The fact the vivid blue shading is only on his jacket also makes it stand apart from the rest of the picture.

That shade of blue certainly has an interesting effect, but with it only being applied to one part of the drawing makes it look off since the jacket is in a different lighting environment than the rest of him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:03 pm
Yeah, admittedly with the inconsistent shading pattern the jacket looks fruity. It was a good test run to try something different, but I think I'll run the final back through photoshop again and get the blue lighting on everything and see how it looks from there.

Ultimately I think I'm more attracted to color splash art with bizarre and vivid light and shadows. Maybe I'll end up going in an Andy Warhol direction minus the soup cans.

Choosing a background color and make that the color of the light source and reflected shadows may help me nail down a consistent color scheme for the whole piece. Once I clear some things up, I'd like to do some more freebies just to play around with colors.

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:07 am
And this is what I came up with giving all shadows a touch of blue.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:12 am
I swear... are you freakin' retarded? It's times like this where if I could boot you out I would. stare

Though this does give me some ideas on how to deal with shading on white and black colors that I hadn't thought of before.  

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:07 am
Much better. Now it looks like he and the jacket are in the same environment.

But yes, using colors for shadows I think tends to look best on white surfaces. Interestingly enough, the first time I ever used color for shadows on a white surface was for the TesXKai mistletoe picture emotion_awesome

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:18 am
I still wonder if I'm drawing male faces too femininely for general audiences, but you could say it's my style overall to draw things in a feminine way, not that I'm into characters like that or anything. I prefer my men with a slimmer build... well maybe not slimmer... less muscley. Not sure how to say it.

Oh deal with it Kaori. Your guys are pretty. Just go with it. Needz moar eyelash though. desu desu desu desu desu!  

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:13 pm
Kuroshitsuji characters have long eyelashes regardless of gender, so why not? emotion_awesome  
The ART Dept

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 60 61 62 63 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games