Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:46 pm
Kyouya simply smiled along with Bakin as he spoke. A chance to play Shogi, talk to two Princesses, and get to know a potential tool.

She didn't need to a reading to know that her fortunes were looking mighty bright today. "Indeed. Be well, Yogo Bakin."
~~~~~

Going by Bakin's description of the Kraken Princess, it wasn't hard to notice her... was she-- yes, she was posing! It took all she could to avoid laughing outright at the spectacle, instead heading to the forming line, standing behind the samurai who had been accompanying his Princess. She didn't say anything at first, but simply studied the man from behind.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:08 am
The line would move forward, and all four of you would get processed. After it was over, Asahina would make one more announcement:

"Alright, everyone! We will be setting up the playing area to support all these players. If you could please hold tight, we'll get you playing shortly." The Crane would then leave to prepare for the event, leaving you at least a few minutes to make a game plan for... well, your game plan.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:08 pm
Naohiko would nod in greeting to the pretty Scorpion behind him and then get processed with his clanmates. "Well, what do we know of Shogi? I know that you take certain pieces and they all do different things..."  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 9, 3, 4, 3, 8 Total: 27 (5-50)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:55 pm
"Hmm..." Gendo taps his chin, while carefully shifting Setsuna under his other arm.

Intelligence to at least know the rules of how to play Shogi.

3k3 - 16

"Well, I know a bit about the game. I could give you a basic rundown of how it's played."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:06 am
Kyou returned his nod with an almost stunning smile. After she had gotten signed up, the Scorpion found herself near the Kraken samurai, nodding courteously. "As much as I do enjoy winning, it seems rather in bad taste to do battle against unarmed opponents. If you would like, I can teach you the basics for the game?"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:30 am
Kaichiyo waited patiently in line as she pondered, and continued to ponder even after they had been processed, until Naohiko spoke up. "Hmm... I think you have to declare 'King Me' if one of your pieces reaches the other side of the board..."

But she would soon perk up as both Gendo and a mysterious stra-...... g-.... Gorgeous stranger both spoke up with offers to teach them. She'd been warned about the Scorpion's beauty, knew to expect it... but it was suddenly so very different to be face to face so close to it. There was something ominous about the woman, she knew - Scorpions were manipulators, weren't they? Surely such a simple offer could not be so simple... ugh, this was why she'd assigned Naohiko to their like - ...and yet she couldn't take her eyes off those luscious curves and disarming smile. It was just an offer to teach a game, what harm could there be in that?

"Tha- ahem..." she squeaked, clearing her throat and giving herself a look of surprise at such a sudden and complete loss of composure, before collecting herself and crossing her arms to nod sagely, "You are most gracious, Scorpion-san. That would be lovely. Kami know we wouldn't be much challenge as we are now. Gendo-san, why don't you instruct Naohiko while I go flir-ahm! l-learn from our new friend." The words may have sounded like a request, but the tone was definitely that of a command.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 3, 8, 5, 3, 8, 7, 5, 3 Total: 42 (8-80)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:21 pm
Naohiko was glad he only glanced at the woman before. He would've been still staring at her, like he was now. Like Chiyo-chan was now...great....the Shosuro was going to be able to make Kaichiyo dance like a princess puppet before long. If not this one, then the other people around noticing her behavior. Kaichiyo would not like him for this, but he would have to intervene. "But we have yet to give her our name, Kaichiyo-hime! Furthermore, I don't think any of us has played Shogi in a very long while. I'm sure we all would benefit from Shosuro-san's instruction. For the record, I am Himura Naohiko. Those two over there are Himura Gendo and his puppy Setsuna. The person before you is Himura Kaichiyo."

Naohiko made his bow. He had to offer a carrot to Kaichiyo though. "I'm sure Kaichiyo-hime would be more than willing to cook a meal for you later, out of gratitude."

OOC:
Awareness/Courtier 5k3 w/ 3 dice to handle explosions
Raises called: 1 to avoid giving offense to Kaichiyo
Results:21 -5  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:12 pm
Gendo just looked down at the chaos before him with a raised brow.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:58 pm
The Crane seem to be moving tables together, rather than apart, in the room they've designated for the competition. In one long line, too.

However, if someone were to ask etiquette vs TN 10, they could be lent a game for instructional purposes. Call a raise if you want to avoid the consequential eyeroll that accompanies said game.  
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 6, 10, 5, 3, 2, 4, 6, 2 Total: 38 (8-80)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:08 pm
Naohiko used his hard earned skill in etiquette to obtain a game set to help practice on. "Here, we can use this for now. Naohiko would begin setting up the pieces as he thought they should be set up.

OOC:
Etiquette 5k3 w/ 3 dice to handle explosions
Raises called: 1
Dice: 6,14, 5, 3, 2
Results: 25-5  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:36 am
Kyouya did her best to keep her normal wicked smile from her face as she saw both of their reactions. Apparently, they hadn't dealt with Scorpions to any extent? She returned the samurai's bow with her own dip. "Shosuro Kyouya. It is my pleasure to make your acquaintance."

As she saw Naohiko have a board and set of his own, she avoided the look of disdain of having to use something borrowed... let alone something from the Crane. "Come, come! We shall find a seat and I'll teach you all the important things, ok?" She even gestured to the detached Gendo behind them. "A refresher certainly couldn't hurt your chances, could they?"

When they would find a seat, Kyouya would go right to work, teaching how the board was to be laid out, as well the proper turns and moves. She wasn't going to get fancy, since she didn't want to confuse them.

She also didn't want to give them an actual advantage.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:49 am
The Kraken bushi nodded as the times he played shogi with his father came back to him.. The Shosuro wasn't exactly telling them everything, but those things were mostly tactics and the likes that were more advanced and he really couldn't fault her for not telling them about that. "So, I can drop any captured piece but the pawn to put the king in checkmate, right?" He was fairly sure that was how things worked but... it didn't hurt to check.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:12 am
"I was getting to that..." she responded quickly to the introductions, casting a hurt look at Naohiko, and quickly turned into an even more hurt glare as he blatantly refused her command. Mother made this leadership thing look so much easier than it was.

With Naohiko forcing the reigns of leadership and initiative from right under her fingers, making her look foolish and inept for a second time, she could only sit back, keep her chin up, and pretend this was her plan all along and her underling was simply responding to an unspoken order (nevermind the fact that it went against her spoken order, details details shh shh). Naohiko - and by extension Gendo - would know what he was doing to her, however, when she started a soft, enchantingly melodic hum to the tune of a bygone tragedy. Sad (for those who knew the lyrics), but soulful and touching.

Thankfully she wasn't quite stressed enough to sing over the Scorpion's instructions, instead sitting down attentively and paying close attention. Unlike the other two, she'd never played the game a day in her life, and would have to rely solely on the instructions and her own intuition for this contest. Despite that, she was confident she could win. Experience had nothing against raw talent and awesomeness!

She had no comments to the instructions as yet, even though she wanted to say something. It was all pretty straightforward, if elaborate. She just needed to disseminate and hope her first match was easier.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:25 am
Naohiko winced with Kaichiyo's looks registered more pain and disapproval with him. He was going to wind up paying for this later. Between Lady Himura's injunction and the fact that Chiyo-chan had been extremely forward with one of the last people on earth she should've been *MIGHT* mute such pain, but Naohiko doubted he would get off so easily.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:50 am
Gendo just watched the instructions, nodding. "I do believe that some favor getting their units to advance to make use of the increased movement options."  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games