Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:25 pm
Scanning the room (and eyes narrowing momentarily when he looks at Kuori), he would then turn and walk around the table, approaching near where Abby was sitting, whether she looked at him or not.

Getting down on one knee, the armored paladin would present her with the flowers he had picked for her. "I'm sorry I made you angry. I lost my temper and acted foolishly," he would say to her, looking up to hopefully see into her eyes.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:12 am
Shayne would slowly absorb the others in the room, before slowly making his way to the youngest looking Araethos daughter. "Excuse me, Miss, but would you be Selma?"

After, she said yes, "My name is Shayne Granville, A small time magi in compare to your father." he would smile and slightly bow to her, and pulled a chair near hers. "Word has it that you are a prodigy of rituals and there are a lot of those in need of such skill. I haven't been given all of the details, but there was a disaster in the town of Gladesdale. My friends are seeking help from your father, Though, I think what the people of Gladesdale need more...is a little more faith, than arcane... One of my friends can give you more info, but what do you say?"  

Noname 51

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:33 pm
Kuori snatched some bread from a passing tray and sat next to Abby, when Revenge eyed her she shot him a toothy grin when she saw the flowers. That grin turned towards Abby as she looked away.

"Get a room you two. I would say that you could cut the romantic tension with a knife, but they took mine."

Though her statement could have just as easily been directed at Shayne.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:24 am
Abby continues to avoid eye contact until Revenge gets down on one knee in front of her. She first looks at the flowers and then gradually brings her gaze up to his. Revenge can see in her eyes not anger but rather embarrassment. Abby looks away, blushing slightly. "It's all right. I-I let my emotions get the better of me last night as well." She blushes even redder after Kuori's words.

Selma looks up from her notes and stares inquisitively at Shayne with her bright silver eyes. After a moment she speaks. "Your inquiry is quite vague, but if you are seeking someone with a connection to the divine, then my sister Rowena is who you should speak with. However, if you're already getting help from father, then there is no greater assistance either of us could give."

Rowena, who was sitting across the large table from Selma, was playing with her fingers. She would suddenly perk up at the mention of her name. "Huh, someone need me for something?"

A few minutes after all the breakfast dishes all removed from the table, Kail would finally enter the room followed by a young man who looked be his son. This man's resemblance to Kail was much greater than that of his other son Vincent, and the man looked to be a bit annoyed at having to attend this meeting.

Rowena and Selma would stand up upon Kail's arrival, but while Rowena would make for the door, Selma would run up to her father. "Father, there was an imperfection in the medicine we made the other day, but I think I figured out how to fix it. Here, will you look over my notes?"

Kail would give the scribbles on the napkin a cursory glance before responding. "Hmm, I see. We will have to work on this later though, my dear. I have some business to discuss with these people. Please go help Basidia in the Arboretum. I will be there shortly. "

Selma looked a little disappointed, but would nod at her father. She would then make for one of the doors. Kail would let out a sigh and sit down at the head of the table, motioning for everyone else to take a seat while simultaneously dismissing the servants from the room. The only people who remained now were the party members.

Kail would lean forward and rest his chin on his clasped hands. "I understand time is of the essence to you, so I will make this as brief as possible. There really isn't too much to discuss. First, let us start on a clean state. I'm going to forget everything that transpired last night; luckily the damage to my research wasn't too great." Kail would give Valac a quick glance but continue on. "From what I understand, you are on the run from the Aria government--quite a dangerous predicament. I have worked with their mages several times over the years--even had a few study under me. I hope the knowledge I provided them was not used to these ends. If what you say is true, then Aria is engaging in some truly abhorrent magical practices, the likes of which would reflect quite poorly on their neighbors. No doubt they would do anything in their powers to keep this secret buried.

"The sudden petrification of individuals in the sleepy little tourist town of Gladesdale would definitely draw notice, especially from ones on the lookout for strange magical phenomena, though I don't believe you were completely truthful with me yesterday. Aboleths do not posses the power of petrification. I believe the true culprit lies in the shadowy figure who is currently admiring the gardenias in my garden... but that is beside the point. I will keep your secret and help you fix this situation. I hold no love for those who use the power of magic for such malevolent purposes. I will craft a wand that can be wielded by anyone to remove any affliction, though it will only hold a limited number of charges. It would take me too long to make anything stronger. Such an item usually costs thousands of gold, but all I ask in return is that I am allowed to study the magical weave around Mrs. Abby while the rest of you fetch the missing ingredient I need for the item's creation. Does this sound acceptable?"

Kowsauni
Crew

Noname 51

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:47 am
Not exactly the answer he was hoping for, from Selma or Kouri... But, showing no disappointment. Shayne would listen to the Archmage's words, before chiming in. "Sir, Shayne Granville. No offense, you may have every intention of good nature. But," Shayne would pause and look down at the table nervously fidding with his hands. "You are asking they take a lot in hope your not sided with Aria, as you just mentioned you do have ties and you plan to the eyes of the untrusting, do similar as they. I prepose a second option, Revenge, her husband, stays with her during the spell weave. Any one else can stay on the grounds. After it is done, we find the missing components. It will take longer than yours, but that will provide an exit for some of the fear the others may face."

The idea was to the rest of the party, as well to the Archmage.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:58 am
Kuori nodded and said, "Like the little guy said, one of us should stay here. Its not that I think that you are working with Aria, Gods know that you would demolish us if it were to come to a fight between us and your family, but for the sake of Abby's sanity, having a friend might do her good. Your tolerance for the strange seems higher than most, Petra, the girl in the garden, might benefit from being treated like a normal person by people not entirely invested in her situation. You can a**l-ice the weave of one of them or whatever, and the other could just be there for moral support. And if something shady did happen, I think that between the two they can defend their selves fairly well." She looked around the table once before adding, "But I think that it should go without saying that if you are to send us out into the world, the task of protecting these women falls on you and yours in our absence. I don't think that Aria would come here for them, but if they do come to study here as you say, that could create and issue."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:50 pm
"Oh, that's a good idea," Twyla chimed in. "Miss Abby and Miss Petra are good friends and I'm sure they'd be happy to be together. Plus, it'd make us feel good knowing they had each other--especially if you're about to send us out to do something dangerous!"

There was a bit of a glint in Twyla's eye. "Well?" she asked. "What'll you need us to do to help you make the wand?"  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:09 pm
Revenge would bite his tongue and not say anything for the moment, and simply observe.

-----

(I'm not sure if there's an empty seat near Abby; Kuori just took one, I'm not sure if there's a second. Otherwise, I suppose I'll sit across from her).  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:09 am
Valac would continue to 'behave' and just glare back at Kail.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:13 pm
Kail would respond. "If Ms. Abby wishes to have someone with her during the examination, that will be fine. Your friend in the garden would probably be the best choice, as I imagine you will want Mr. Revenge with you in the task ahead. I have everything I need for the wand's creation except for one key component, as I need it fresh.

"I need you to harvest the core of a dragonplant--and before you ask any questions, it is exactly as it sounds. It is a giant, monstrous plant creature that takes the form and abilities of a dragon. I raise them in an enclosure out back in the forest. They are incredibly aggressive and dangerous, but it's nothing I feel your team can't handle. My son Lyndon will take you to their area and make sure you only encounter one. Once you are able to slay it, cut out the organ in the center of its body and bring it back to the manor. By the time you have finished this task, I will most likely be done with my examination and will complete the construction of wand. With any luck, you can be back on your way by this afternoon, if you wish not to stay for lunch."

Abby will look at the other the other adventurers and then respond. "I find these terms agreeable, unless anyone else objects. Are you sure this creature you want my friends to fight is not too dangerous? I don't want to see anyone else get hurt over this."

Kail would simply respond. "I have full faith in your party's ability. It is not an actual dragon, after all. My staff will also be on hand to in the event of any injuries."  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:56 am
Revenge would wait to see Abby's response, not interrupting. Upon hearing it, he would then speak up. "When do we leave?"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:27 am
Kuori stood up and said with an eerie amount of glee, "I'm going to go get my weapons!" Before heading back towards the gatehouse.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:32 am
"Now this sounds like what I'm being paid for! Are they weak to fire?" Valac asked Kail.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:56 pm
Kail would motion for Kuori not to leave just yet. "There is no need for you to walk all the way to the front of the property just to fetch your weapons. I will have them brought to you; it will be quicker that way."

Kail then answers Valac's question. "They are as susceptible to burning as any other living creature, but I would not say they have a particular weakness to it. Unlike most other plants, these ones can move to get out of the way of encroaching fire."

Abby stands up. "If we are all in agreement, then I will go fetch Petra. I feel it would best if I go explain things to her."

Kail stands up as well. "I will begin to make my preparations." He would then turn to his son. "Lyndon, once their weapons arrive from the gates, please take everyone to the enclosure."

Lyndon would let sigh out an annoyed sigh. "As you wish, father." Lyndon would move over to a door. "If you all would follow me, please. However, it will take a few minutes for your weapons to arrive... Is there anything you would like to do before we leave the manor?"  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:10 pm
Revenge would stand, his chair lightly scraping the floor as he did so. "Actually, yes. If possible, I'd like to speak with you, Archmage Kail, in private, if that's all right." He would look to Kail and await his response.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games