Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:54 pm
Illikan winces as a tentacle lashes him past the shield again, baring his teeth in a grin at the girl's announcement, and then a small laugh at the tiefling throwing the grenade- he wasn't sure what it was, but there was enough gas hopefully it was going to discourage the other long enough for them to get ahead on the one they'd cropped up around. Hoisting the hammer he takes a swing at the tentacle passing him to grab Valac before the brute can get dragged off. Divisionary tactics. He was fine where he was, but couldn't get at Ruin- and that still left one.

"Revenge! You have Kuori, or want to take this one for me?"

[Strength of Stone: 31 vs AC of R3's tentacle on Valac]
[Hit: 11 damage, Illikan gains 3 Temp HP]
[Mark adjacent enemies.]

Quote:
At-Will ✦ Primal, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage, and you gain temporary
hit points equal to your Constitution modifier.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:00 pm
71/71 hit points, R2 Marked

MINOR ACTION

"I'm thinking if we can fell one, the others may reconsider their positions," Revenge would respond to Ilikan, taking half a step back.

"I am the harbinger of your destruction, evil creature," he would say to the Roper. "Your demise is imminent, and I bring it with by blade and with Sehanine's will. Prepare thyself!"

Quote:
Divine Challenge on R2, marking it and overriding Ilikan's mark on it. In addition to -2 to hit the other heroes, it will take 8 radiant damage the first time each turn it makes an attack that does not include Revenge as a target.

STANDARD ACTION + ACTION POINT

Shield up, he would hold up his right hand, blade's tip facing directly at the monster before he would lunge, to wound it and create an opening, pulling back and thrusting a second time.

Quote:
Enfeebling Strike Double Time!
1st attack: CRIT FAIL
2nd attack: 21 vs AC, 23 if its bloodied, vs an established AC 25+.

If the 2nd attack hits, 12 damage and the Roper has -2 AC, -2 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.

"I've created an opening! Go!" he'd call out to his comrades.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:21 pm
Gate Keepers
User Image

(Squares filled entirely by stone are blocking terrain, otherwise stones taking up roughly half a square provide partial cover, and stones smaller then that are difficult terrain to move over)

Initiative Order
Ruin HP: 33/65, +2 shield bonus to AC and Reflex
Ilikan HP:60/83. 3THP
Revenge HP:31/71, Bloodied, grabbed by R2
Ropers: R2, Bloodied, -2 to hit and AC, Marked by Revenge. R3 unconscious
Kuori HP: 35/59, Grabbed by R1
Valac: HP: 58/75,
Irene:

Ruins hears the the roper cough in the back of the cavern beneath the cloud of smoke. He is pretty sure he hit it.

(Valac had already freed himself from the tentacles so I'm going to direct Ilikan's attack against the tentacles grabbing himself ). Ilikan strikes the tentacle grabbing him with his hammer causing it to let go.

(I don't know where you got 25 AC, Valac's attack did bloody it so...) Revenge grabs the attention of the roper with his challenge, and though his first attack bounces off the creatures hard shell he see the wound Valac gave it earlier and it able to plunge in his blade (roll your damage when you get the chance)

The roper in the back of the cavern begins to pull his tentacle back in, dragging Ruin towards him and crushing him at the same time (15 damage, pulled 5 squares) He also lashes out at Valac with his other tentacle but the barbarian manages to fend off his attack. Coughing and sputtering, the Roper's eye rolls up back into his head and he falls over unconscious. Ruin is released from its grasp.

The roper on the right side of the cavern shuffles forward but still can seem to reach the main party so it again attacks Kuori twice with its tentacles. this time however, it is only able to land one hit (17 damage and Kuori is Grabbed)

Revenge faces the full fury of the injured roper in front of him. It lashes out at him with two tentacles squishing him and binding the tiefling up in his armor. (two crits, 20 damage each)

(Kuori Up!)  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:47 pm
Minor: Stone's Endurance
Standard: Sacred Flame 15 vs reflex
Move: Break Grapple 20 vs DC

Kuori slips free of the grapple again, but between the constant attacks and being worried about revenge, her aim was off. 'Save him so that he can run, or save myself so that I can get him up later if we survive.' She steeled herself, hopefully they could finish up that roper and make their way over to help her.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:40 am
Save him? Valac only knew of one way to save someone and that was to kill who was threatening them. Valac slams his weapon into the roper hoping to kill it before it kills Revenge the strike sending him into a rage.

<30 to hit vs AC on R2 damage 30. Valac is now raging.>  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:10 am
Kuori breaks free from the Ropers grasp but is too flustered to make her attack hit. Valac however, has no problem as her buries his blade into the roper, cutting open a large wound in the Roper's stone-like armor.

The party can hear Irene humming to herself as she furiously sketches away in her book.

(Ruin up!)  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:53 pm
Quote:
"... Go!" he'd call out to his comrades.
"Alright, but you owe me a cookie!" He called back before moving away from R2.

"I got something small for you!" Ruin charged for the roper causing Kouri trouble.

Minor: Summon Da Blade
Move: P,20
Action: Soul Eater Charge! P,22 : 22 vs R1 AC; 16 Necrotic Damage.
At-Will - Arcane, Implement, Necrotic, Weapon
Requirement: Blade of Annihilation
Attack: Charisma vs. AC
Hit: 1 [W] + Charisma modifier necrotic damage, and you gain a +2 power bonus to your next attack roll against the target before the end of your next turn.
Special: You can use this power as a melee basic attack.

AP: Armor of Agathy; THP 11; 10 Cold Damage at the start of its turn.
Daily - Arcane, Cold
Standard Action Personal
Effect: You gain temporary hit points equal to 10 + your Intelligence modifier. Until the end of the encounter, an enemy that starts its turn adjacent to you takes 1d6 + Constitution modifier cold damage.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:54 am
Illikan watched Revenge collect the roper's full attention successfully, and glanced to the other one passed out before giving a grunt of satisfaction. "I'll cover them," and turned his back on the roper the tieflings were focusing on bringing down, trusting them to keep it occupied as he sprinted across the room after Ruin, coming in beside with a swing of his hammer, and a burst of primal energy.

[Move 6 to Q18]
[Charge Action to Q22, 21 vs AC]
[9 Bludgeoning Damage]
[Mark R1]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:23 pm
48/71 hit points, +2 defenses until next turn, R2 Marked

MOVE ACTION

"Ilikan! Valac! I need input!" Revenge shouted, as he struggled against the binding tentacles.

Quote:
12 vs DC 22, did not escape grab.

STANDARD ACTION

Quote:
The crawler next to Revenge also and manages to worm one of his tentacles past the paladin's armor to strike him (12 damage), Revenge to immediately feels a bit woosy from the poison.

Quote:
The crawler next to Revenge lashes out at him with his tentacles once again, striking him for 13 damage and inflicting him with his poison once more. (slowed, ongoing 5 poison, save end)

Quote:
Though both severely wounded, the carrion crawlers lash out at the Revenge and Ilikan with their tentacles. However, only Revenge is hit (10 damage) and he feels the sting of the poison in his blood once more (slowed, ongoing 5 poison, save ends both)

Quote:
Revenge faces the full fury of the injured roper in front of him. It lashes out at him with two tentacles squishing him and binding the tiefling up in his armor. (two crits, 20 damage each)

"How is this gods-forsaken piece of steel on my arm supposed to work? I was talked into carrying it for my protection, and it hasn't helped a bit! Do I have it upside down? Backwards? Do I need to turn it off and on again?" he would bellow aloud to his martial-oriented comrades, waving his shield arm around in a frustrated series of exaggerated gestures, before trying to position it between himself and the gaping maw of the monster.

Quote:
Second Wind, +2 to defenses until Revenge's next turn, healing surge spent and 17 hit points recovered.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:00 pm
Gate Keepers
User Image

(Squares filled entirely by stone are blocking terrain, otherwise stones taking up roughly half a square provide partial cover, and stones smaller then that are difficult terrain to move over)

Initiative Order
Ruin HP: 33/65, +2 shield bonus to AC and Reflex
Ilikan HP:28/83. Bloodied, grabbed by R1
Revenge HP:29/71, grabbed by R2, +2 Defense, Bloodied
Ropers: R2, Bloodied, Marked by Revenge. R3 unconscious R1 Marked by Ilikan
Kuori HP: 35/59, 5DR
Valac: HP: 58/75,
Irene:

The Roper in the corner manages to fend off both Ilikan and Ruins attack. Despite being burned by Ruins Aura it lashes out at with both its tentacles at the warden. Ilikan is immediately wrapped up in the ropers two tentacle arms as it squeezes him (first hit, crit, 20 damage, second 14 damage)

The Roper in front of Revenge draws the Tiefling near and opens its circular razor maw. I takes a bite of the the paladin for 19 damage!

The Roper in the back of the room continues to sleep.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:08 pm
To her left, two people she cared about blocking her out from hitting the enemy, to her right, two people she was at least somewhat tolerable of and a prime target. Ugh, why dd they have to split the party, thats rule number 1 right?

She steps forward a bit (R17), "Revenge, I need you to hold the line for just a little longer and give me an opening." She turns to her right, planting her Battle Standard in the ground, "You rockheads want to play? Okay, I'm loading up." She picks up the hammer again, "Illy ... Willy ... soldier, you look like s**t. You want us to remember you like this at your funeral?" A glowing light spreads out of her hand to Illikan as she heals him, and even Ruin feels slightly better. She then turn to R2, crouches, and prepares to charge in.

Move: R17
Standard action: Battle standard of healing. Creating a zone between P18, P22, T18, and T22.
Minor Action: Healing Word on Illikan. He can spend a surge to heal Surge value +13 hp
IF he does, both he an Ruin heal 1 hp as well (adding 1 to Illikan's total)
AND ALL ALLIES GET +2 TO ATTACK ROLLS UNTIL THE NEXT TURN  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:56 am
29/71 hit points, bloodied, +2 defenses until next turn, R2 Marked

FREE ACTION

Revenge planted one boot against the Roper's cheek, bracing himself as it was trying to consume him, using his useless shield arm (as in, the shield is useless, not the arm itself) as a wedge.

"Currently holding, and waiting for Valac to end this monster's whole career!" he'd shout back to Kuori with perhaps misplaced assurance, considering his situation.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:15 am
"YOU USE THE SHIELD TO SMASH ITS FACE IN REVENGE! LIKE THIS!" Answered Valac swinging his fullblade in an upper cut motion attempt to spill the roper's guts all over the floor.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:03 pm
Valac rips the roper open with his blade Yet the creature still seems to be barely cling to life. Irene comments "Ohh, I'll have to draw this! This is a good view of its internal organ structure."

(Ruin up!)  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:34 pm
"Illy, I guess someone has to save him..." And with that, the small-sized tiefling bolted to the aid of Revenge.

"I back!" Ruin said slamming into the Roper's side, as he attempted to plunge his sword through it's hide. "Miss me, darling."

Move: P,17
Action: Soul Eater Charge! O, 12: 31 vs R2 AC; 18 Necrotic Damage.
At-Will - Arcane, Implement, Necrotic, Weapon
Requirement: Blade of Annihilation
Attack: Charisma vs. AC
Hit: 1 [W] + Charisma modifier necrotic damage, and you gain a +2 power bonus to your next attack roll against the target before the end of your next turn.
Special: You can use this power as a melee basic attack.

AP: Armor of Agathy; THP 11; 11 Cold Damage at the start of its turn.
Daily - Arcane, Cold
Standard Action Personal
Effect: You gain temporary hit points equal to 10 + your Intelligence modifier. Until the end of the encounter, an enemy that starts its turn adjacent to you takes 1d6 + Constitution modifier cold damage.

[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games