Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Aqua Springs ~ ART GALLERY OPEN! ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Art Nights be moved to Fridays?
  Yes
  No
  Doesn't matter
  I just want gold
View Results

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:47 am
*after spending the morning helping Mitri move his stuff into his new apartment, Karrie had given Kits the keys to his car, saying it was her turn to help. After that, he walked over to Aqua Springs. Going inside, he waved at Jessi and said hello on his way into the kitchen. He wanted to make sure that everything he needed for the refreshments at the art reception was there*  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:12 am
Amy had been at AS for most of the morning. She was in her garden making sure everything looked good for the exhibit tomorrow and trimming the different bushes and short trees. Quite a few other employees that she had hired as gardeners were in different sections of the garden helping as well.

Thistle was swimming in the pet pool. She wanted to play in the garden, but Amy wasn't allowing her today since she was afraid Thistle might get in the way of a very sharp trimming blade. So, Thistle played in the pool today where a few other pets were as well, such as a small dog and a squirrel... surprisingly.  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:54 pm
*after making sure that everything would be ready when he got there tomorrow after his shift at the Jade Dragon, Karrie left the kitchen. He knew Amy would probably be somewhere on the grounds, getting ready for tomorrow, so he started to walk around. He didn't get to move very fast, though, since the staff kept stopping to chat with him*

*decides he wants to swim, so he glides down over the fence of the pet area, landing right in the center of the pet pool*  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:59 pm
Thistle was chasing the fast squirrel around the pool, splashing water a little bit as she did so. The squirrel was so fast and would just dart right and left right before Thistle would almost catch it.

But then Thistle heard a larger splash and looked toward the middle of the pool. Her eyes widened and she squeaked loudly and happily when she saw Velcore floating in the middle of the pool.

"Velcore!!!!"

Thistle quickly forgot about the squirrel and swam quickly over to her friend big-brother-type figure. She nuzzled his chest and sighed happily.

"Velcore!! Not seen for long time. Missed you!"

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:04 pm
*floats happily in the cool water* Hello Thistle! I have missed you too.

*finally makes his way into the garden and starts wandering through, admiring the work that's gone into the different areas. Seeing a familliar figure with her back turned to him, he stops and smiles* Hi Amy. *wants to go hug her, but isn't sure how she feels towards him, since he hasn't really seen her for a few weeks*  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:15 pm
Thistle flicked her tail happily in the water and whinnied happily. "How you?"

Amy was bent down trying to move a couple of fairies off of the bush she was wanting to trim when she heard a familiar voice behind her, one she hadn't heard in quite awhile.

She paused for a few moments and then finally stood up and turned around. When she saw Karrie, her heart felt like it skipped slightly and her stomach felt a little nervous. She instantly thought about how this was similar to how she had felt on her first official date with Karrie. She was nervous, but for a different reason this time. After this much time of not talking with him, she didn't know how this was going to go. She had wanted to see him so much, though. She had just wanted him to make the first move.

A small smile appeared on her face and she set the pair of shears she had been holding onto on top of the fountain edge nearby.

"Hi Karrie.... It's good to see you."  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:22 pm
I am good. I have been helping train Hiro. He is very stubborn. *nods, dipping his head under the water*

*feels strangely relieved when she sets down the gardening shears sweatdrop * It's good to see you too. Sorry I didn't come by sooner... I've been pretty busy the last week or so, helping Mitri get all the stuff he needs for his apartment... *knows that sounds pretty lame, but it's all he can think of to say*  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:40 pm
{{lol! I liked the shears thing. wink }}

Thistle nodded and then waited for Velcore to bring his head back up above water. Normally she would have dunked her head, too, and tried to get Velcore into a breath-holding contest, but she had so much to tell Velcore since she hadn't seen him in so long! It'd be silly to waste time having a breath-holding contest!

When Velcore's head popped back up, Thistle verbally launched. Ever since she had gotten better with talking (with Velcore, Amy and Karrie's help before), it was hard to get her to stop sometimes when she was excited.

"Good! And yes Hiro is. But kinda fun, too. I like his stick. Tried to help Mitri move, but I too small! Wanted to use magic, but I got tired. Want to see Mitri again soon. Vecore! Amy found book with spells! Her mommy's. Grew big flower! Oh! Amy made really good pasta other night. New. You should try! Come over!"

Amy nodded and then realized that her hands felt very awkward just hanging down at her sides. She didn't really know what to do with them. Finally, she just settled with hooking her thumbs in her back jean pockets.

"Ah. That makes sense. I was worried you were avoiding me for awhile... Did Mitri get moved in alright? I wanted to help and would have gone over with Thistle, but, well... you know."

She hadn't gone over because she had thought Karrie would be there and she didn't want Mitri's moving day to become about her and Karrie having the long conversation they needed to have or possibly mending things. It was his day.

"I hope he likes his new place."  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:51 pm
*listens to Thistle, waiting until she pauses for breath* You have a lot to say. I got tired helping Mitri too. Kits is helping him now. Amy found a book with spells? I hope she is careful.

No, I've just been busy helping him out. Between that and work, I'm exhausted by the time I get home. Most of his stuff is moved. Kits is helping him get the rest of it, then she'll help him start unpacking. He's pretty happy about moving into his own place finally. *looks around and sees a bench nearby* Uh, want to go sit down?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:03 pm
Thistle nodded and rested her head on one of Velcore's soft, though now slightly damp, wings. She really missed curling up under one of his wings when she slept.

"Yes. Lots happen. I help Mitri... uh..."

She was trying to think of what it was called when things were taken out of boxes and put places, like Amy did when they first moved in with Karie.

"I help.... I help Mitri... take stuff out? I help Amy do that, too. I miss Kits, too. She and Amy very busy. Don't see much. Yes, book of spells! Amy can't do much. Gets sad lots when can't do. Can't find help."

She turned her head slightly to look at Velcore better, though she kept her head resting on his wing. "How you now?"

Amy looked at Karrie in concern. "It sounds like you're working yourself really hard again."

When Amy was there, she could usually get Karrie to stop and relax every so often by either cooking for him or watching a movie with him. He would help her do the same when she got carried away with things at AS.

"Now that Kits is helping Mitri, and hopefully I can too, why don't you try and take a day off for yourself? Go to the farmer's market, try out a new recipe. You always love to do that."

When Karrie gestured to a bench and asked if she wanted to go sit down, Amy smiled softly again and nodded. "Sure. That sounds good."

She walked over with Karrie and sat down on the stone bench.

Shortly after, a male helper came out from the path that lead deeper to an area in the garden. He started to ask her a question, but Jessi was shortly behind him, having chosen to go and help in the gardens during her break. She saw Karrie sitting with Amy and her eyes widened slightly.

Then, she looked at the man with a determined look on her face, grabbed his arm, and dragged him back the way they had come. They could definitely ask their question later.

The man's protests could be heard as he was dragged away, and Jessi kept telling him to stuff it.

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:17 pm
You want to help him unpack? I think he is better doing that himself. People like to know where they put everything. *turns his head to look at Thistle* You can go visit Kits. She is home when she is not here during the day. I go visit her a lot. *thinks for a moment* Maybe Kits could help Amy with the book.

*shrugs* Today is my day off. I've been here all afternoon, getting things ready for tomorrow night.

*sits with Amy on the bench, which is just big enough for two people* How have you been lately?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:26 pm
Thistle thought about what Velcore said and then got excited about Kits helping Amy with the spell book. But then, she grew confused. "Amy and Kits using book would have fun... But Kits not witch...?"

Amy grinned slightly. "So you're using your day off to work here, set things up? That's really sweet of you, Karrie, and probably does need to be done. But I'm talking about just taking a day completely for yourself. Just do whatever it is you want to do. I just... I don't want you to get really stressed out. You and I both tend to have the habit of overworking ourselves until we get nearly sick if no one stops us..."

Amy felt her leg brush against Karrie's as she shifted to look at him better and blushed slightly. "And I... I've been okay. I'm not going to put on a show and say I've been great. You'd see right through that, anyway. I'm doing alright. I'm lucky to be able to have Thistle with me. I'd go nuts if I didn't have her... I've been throwing myself into work myself to kind of not focus... on more unpleasant things. I actually found a spell book of my mother's and have been trying to use some of the spells in it. I've been spending a lot of time on that."  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:36 pm
Kits is not a witch, but she has magic. Not like Amy's, different. She does not know her magic enough to use it yet. She is young, she will learn. *nods*

Well, I did offer to make the refreshments for the art exhibition. *smiles* It really is a lot less stressful here. There isn't so much of a rush to get things done.

I'm glad you're doing all right... You need to take some time off too though. Especially if you've been practicing your magic more often. *starts to reach for her hand, then stops and just lets his hand lay on his leg*  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:45 pm
Thistle knew Kits could shrink Smok, but she didn't know that she had other magic. That was cool! "Amy and Kits practice, learn together!"

She seemed very happy and excited at this idea.

"I'm really glad you find it less stressful here. I'm glad you have a place like that for you... I'm glad that place is here, someplace I am at a lot..."

She noticed Karrie reaching to take her hand but then stopped. She thought for a few quick moments and then just did what she felt was right, what she wanted to do.

Amy reached out and slowly took Karrie's hand, held it in her own. "If I take too much time off right now, if slow down, I start to think about things. I start to remember how bad things are right now and I realize where I am... and where I'm not. That probably doesn't make sense.."

She sighed softly, frustrated with herself and her inability to communicate her feelings well.  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:50 pm
I think that would be a good idea. *starts paddling toward the shallower part of the pool*

Well, most of the time it's less stressful... and the Jade Dragon really hasn't been as busy lately. Business is pretty steady now.

*looking down, speaks a little softer* I've been trying to stay busy too, but it doesn't keep me from thinking. I understand what you mean. We're probably thinking about a lot of the same things.  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games