Welcome to Gaia! ::

TinierMe

Back to Guilds

A place to meet Gaians who share a love and interest in the web-community, TinierMe ! 

Tags: TinierMe, Selfy, GCrest, Kokoro, Gacha 

Reply Past History - where the dead threads go (request if you want)
temp closed Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
eluzabeth generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 28!

eluzabeth

Sugary Bear

29,475 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:17 am
hahah she must be a saint xD;

i miss talking to people too.
i love writing walls of text, especially rants >8D ((so... sorry in advance D8 ))
or some random+funny story about how disaaastrous my day was. dramallama
i can not and will not invest time in a conversation that will lead nowhere D8<

AND OH WOW, I SOUND LIKE I'M NO FUN 8D;

i wish i could be more blunt and not give a ******** about anything ;A;
but i'm not a really confrontational person,
mainly cos i tend to get really emotional D8
i wish i could help it, because i hate looking and feeling weak D:<
but i cry when i get really angry or stressed DD8
so i just try to avoid it as much as possible =3=
never cried from fighting with anyone online haha
but i do take it out on my laptop and lose my temper 10x as fast when my sisters say something to me Dx

that being said, i'm not a pansy-a** pushover. D:<
i just close the window and move on, pretend it never happened. 8D
irl i'm more open and brutal. @U@ i can't hide my feelings as easily.
which is where the crying comes in D:

i've always told myself that when i am bored and decide to make a freebie thread,
the hit-and-run people will have just as high of a chance of getting picked than the ones who stick around and chat :B
it's about having pretty//interesting characters 8D
not saying "so how is everyone ^___^??" every other post

over 12??? D8
yeah, i had... 5 sets? so maybe 10. @U@
i had an odd amount though so 11 or 9. D:<
i kept that last one because i'm a hoarder and i can't just get rid of the boots,
no matter how ugly i think they are =u=

what item did you want?? 8D
i think i saw some of your results that day haha.
you were all over the place, weren't you?? D8

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:58 am
LoL, I'd talk more about her, but I don't like talking about people unless they're in the conversation. She is very cool though.

No worries - in fact, sorry for the late reply. School work's been stealing most of my attention - as well as the market over on TM. Been trying to get certain items before they get too expensive D:

Does nowhere count as somewhere o 3o? technically

I know the feeling you're talking about when confronting =)
I've gotten over that a great deal in comparison to how I used to feel. That came with a change in perspective and where my priorities lie.
D: I hope you don't think crying makes someone feel weak.
Crying is good for you. It releases stress hormones from out of your system o 3o
(I try to find a reason to cry sometimes just to release and feel better. Movies work great...or thinking about my cat)
When I cry from confrontation in real life though, the tears are literally just from the rage if I reach that peak - from the stress that comes with dealing with stupid and dumb o 3o /it can be stressful

LoL ^ ^ I don't think I can pretend that something didn't happen. Online, I've only done it once, recent enough on TM...this one person...jeez. Oh well.

What do you mean by characters? Like personality, or having interesting avatars? o Ao /since it involves art. It's nice to draw interesting avatars (though I do like the challenge of making a lame one look good xD)

Yea, I did a lot of ring-sharing/whoring with people. Ended up with many pairs. I always found it entertaining how you could instigate a sort of orgy of rings by just clicking the ring command on any popular map.
._. poor boots were ugly. I invested my last pair in the end for an item that got my my Classic Prince black (the white one) o Ao
so I was happy.

(that was the item I wanted btw)
And yea ._. I was the busy alchemist that day.

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200
taekjoon generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 68!

taekjoon

Hallowed Warlord

18,475 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:03 pm
/sees the wall of text and is shocked
o__o;;;
I like to write wall of texts as well but only if I find a topic that interests me
or something to rant about > A>

About the alchemist event.. it's not an event but forever, right?
/too lazy to check into TM
When it first came out, I thought I should wait till more colors get released
but reading your conversation, it sounds like there are some pretty good items ?
I just don't like the fact sacrificing two items for one and suddenly realizing
that it wasn't the effort. Is there some kind of chance to mess up an item like
a 50% chance to be unsuccessful in creating it? D:

For the Gachas, for some reason I can't get myself to like them except
the Melancholic one but only because of the backgrounds (which I won't
get, considering my extreme luck for Gachas xD )

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:22 pm
lol @ wall of text 4laugh heart

Veiss Wynd
LoL

I've spoken to Elie about it. I don't think she really cares too much as long as there's no double posting and the like.

I think Gaia has conditioned me not to mind spammers. surprised i like all types of posts... spammers, flamers, beggars, trolls... i think they're a lot of fun. ninja it's probally a bad thing that i've become so accustomed to these things that they don't bother me. i like getting begging PMs too, some are really funny heart

it's just that you won't win if you don't follow the rules. and you won't receive donations if you PM me on principle. and Veiss would probally kick them out of the group if they trolled first ninja

eluzabeth: crying ish good for you 3nodding i cry in movies all the time, even the no-one-cries-in-this-sappy-scene scene. online tho i'm probally more confrontational than irl xd i luv arguing and debating, i think it's fun ^__^

if you guys are talking about those ugly boots i've never owned a single one. if i did, it'd go straight into the alchemy. i've also never bothered ring-sharing... guess i shoulda done it. but man, those boots were so ugly i didn't do it. was that the same event as the clingy rabbits? i traded some duplicate gc items for a bunch of rabbits tho *___* heart i luv rabbits 4laugh

back on the question of alchemy tho... i've posted on TM that i don't think alchemy is a good idea, and i still don't think so. i mean i'm glad i got green demon wings and my friends were able to get their ultimate quest items, but overall i'm against it. i could write another wall-of-text about anti-alchemy arguments by itself. and on Gaia years ago i've argued against re-releasing Gaia items.

takiies: it's not just pretty good items in alchemy, it's more like the "best of". i'd mix more items together if i had duplicates, but i never had much event animates to begin with.  

-Elie-
Crew

Sparkly Bunny

22,175 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

-Elie-
Crew

Sparkly Bunny

22,175 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:41 pm
I've found my journal entry back in 2006 arguing against re-releasing old MC items. A little background... Gaia was entertaining the idea to have a Quest System (that eventually lead to zOMG) where you could complete quests and receive a prize. They suggested there may be old MC items mixed in with the prizes. They crossed off this idea eventually, but the forums were in an uproar for those "for" or "against" for a while.

Quote:
I have discussed the topic of “re-releasing” old Monthly Collectible items in the new Quest System and have come to the following conclusion:
Instead of “re-releasing” old MC items, I would prefer that “uber-amazingly-awesome” rip-offs be available instead.
I believe there is a better alternative to having veryveryveryVERY insanely difficult quests with extremely limited amounts of old MCs...instead, I would like to see a moderately difficult quest with more variety of amazing rip-off items (including re-colors).
through the new Quest System, Gaia has the opportunity to redo the old items in a way that surpasses the originals at the same time as keeping both rare and highly desirable.
I believe this is preferable to simply having old MC items for the following reasons:
  • Having slightly different MC items will encourage even those older users that already have the old MC items to participate in the quest.
  • Allowing old MC items to be obtained in the quest system discourages donations to the site. I believe people may think “Oh, I’ll just get those items later through questing.” Or “If these items are available in Quests, how will that affect the value later? If I donate now, will those items still rise?” Or “Why did I donate to Gaia if they are simply going to have those items available later?” Any hesitation, uncertainty, lost in trust, or any other negative feelings towards Gaia in terms of real money is a bad thing!
  • There is no controversy over releasing rip-off items. No questions about “Hey, they said they’d never re-release MC items!”
  • Rip-off items can be better than originals.
  • There can even be multiple rip-off items based on the same original item. This system would be very flexible for Gaia because they can continuously improve and add items with new poses until most users are satisfied with the items obtainable through the Quest System. And each item would be rare and a symbol of hard work and dedication to Gaia.
  • I personally would rather see a lot of dedicated users with new items than a few obsessive users with boring old items.

I'd also add that if all users can get any rare item cheaply, it kills the motivation to spend real money on a site. Why spend money on a site if you can just alchemy for it later on?

Having expensive rare items on an avatar site is not a bad thing. It gives people something they can work or quest toward.

Pertaining this to TM's alchemy, I'm really disappointed in alchemy. I am against it on principle and I feel for those users who owned those items... tho if it came down to it I would rather TM have a quest system that users could work toward demon wings instead of simply paying a few gc and mixing unwanted items together.

If TM made people actually work for their rare item, it would reward the dedicated users instead of rewarding the users with 100 mules.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:18 pm
I like yer points Elie, and with that I think I'm completely convinced on the side that it is a bad idea. (And gaia did end up doing something along the lines of what you said too - like the red mini demon wings giveaways, and some of the rig items which resemble old MCs)

I never initially had any objections to it because there was an end date (this coming Tuesday) What I am a little worried about though is that TM said there would be other colored cauldrons for different recipes (though they never specified that other items would be re-released, but I always assumed they would make some of the current alchemy items available through other different combinations. (I never saw any good use for some potential ingredients, like the blue bubble dragon)

I suspect they may release alchemy again sometime next year. Maybe they'll even make it an annual thing. I'm hoping not, but we'll see what comes about it. Them trying this out could in fact just be a part of beta testing - which would explain why we haven't had any new cauldrons. I do also hear that once a cauldron is released, the old one leaves? I need to read more carefully.

For the most part, I'm done with anything that would be a big quest on TM. I pretty much got everything - hells, I even got Rush a double of everything I got that I knew he'd want.

. ^. I would like some of em cool girls and cool boys though. And vamp boy eyes biggrin

But yea o 3o @Takiies: It ends this tuesday (2-week long event) and the items you could get from it include all the demon and angel wings, heart teddy bears, blushing maidens, enchanted lanterns, enchanted keys, mystical dragons, many many more rares.
It is a sort of 50/50 - or rather maybe something more like 30% chance that you get like one of three things - or maybe more.

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

-Elie-
Crew

Sparkly Bunny

22,175 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:14 am
someone had mentioned on the forum that Japan TM alchemy is permanent... and they "suspect" that once all the different color cauldrons get run thru once, they'll all become a permanent feature of TM like in Japan.

Centurion23
>.> It will become permanent once all cauldrons are introduced..get used to it
Yes ....TM JP alchemy is permanent and people can use any cauldron they want

ll Lady Arsenic ll generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 52!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:20 am
So close D=  

ll Lady Arsenic ll

nuGen Staff Vampire

8,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

taekjoon

Hallowed Warlord

18,475 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:03 pm
@ Elie, I hope not all items can be created through the alchemy because
I wouldn't find that good as well if rare items get re-released after people
tried and spend so much money to ge them :S
If Japan has it as permanent then we will probably get it as well.

@Veiss, oh yes just like first Vocaloid Gacha o:
I tried it today hoping to get something decent but all I got were crappy
mecha/angelic equips that look cheaper than the CC shop items...
my poor GC hair ; A;

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:22 pm
Yea, I've seen Centurion's posts. I've also looked into atGame's alchemy. Their green cauldron seems like it has an expiration date. Dunno if it was making reference to the whole of alchemy itself or not - but if it means anything, it doesn't have a link reference in their campaign & events page, the way ours doesn't either.
I don't like taking the word of someone about a japanese site unless they are fluent in japanese - whereas I don't know centurion well/at all, so in this case, I just wait and see what happens o 3o

On a plus note though - there is a limited stock of the items required to create certain rare items in the alchemy. Once they are all used up, some items will become rare again - including the recipe items which might become extinct.
In fact, I'm thinking that the whole marketplace will evolve with alchemy. I still believe certain items will be rare, including the ones that are most in demand, since there is so much demand for them.
Although wings are now almost everywhere, I've seen the actual alchemy forums slow down on the rate of their creation. In fact, I'm seeing more BM blacks now than anything, or failed creation items (or what people would call failed creations).

I'm still not for it though or anything, but I don't think I really care about it too much.

@Takiies: ; ~; Did you choose to fuse your hairs at random? If you did, avoid doing that, and only follow recipes. I learned that the hard way, and wasted real money and items by choosing random items to fuse instead of a known recipe (on the plus note though, I did get a pink heart teddy by fusing 2 random old items)...but that was the only good that came out of the random.

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

taekjoon

Hallowed Warlord

18,475 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:41 pm
I thought the whole point of this was to fuse it at random TTATT
By recipe, do you mean the alchemy forum ? I looked at all pages and only discovered crap items that aren't worth the effort so I was like "Hmmm, maybe people who get really rare items didn't posted their results.. lets try random experiements 8D"
/orz
I saw someone fusing two Kaito Cantarella faces together, getting the red Conjuring Aria or so. So I thought that fusing two similar hairs would increase my chances of getting a nice item.. Little did I know.

Fairweathering generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 43!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:44 pm
ah but how would we know which ones are rare and not  

Fairweathering

-Elie-
Crew

Sparkly Bunny

22,175 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:17 am
Veiss: I haven't checked out atgames at all cuz i don't like being tempted and spoiled xD Tho if she is able to find her way around decently enough i'd still consider what she says. After all there's no guarantee either way that TM will do everything atgames does anyways right? At this point i think anything is still possible.

And yes, I have thought of the fact there is a limited stock of alchemy ingredients. But most of the popular recipes used commons and unwanted items anyways. boots, dragons, flowers, and other abundant event animates. This process rewards people with 100 mules. It doesn't reward past effort, dedication, loyalty, or real money spent. There will be other event animates to use as ingredients in future cauldrons and again it will reward those users who stocked up their 100 mules for the second round.

The verdict: don't bother spending real money on TM... instead create 100 mules and spam the site daily while you wait for the next cauldron.

Takiies: i did random fuses too xD  
Past History - where the dead threads go (request if you want)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games