Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:28 pm
@ Kyujutsu Competition:

Sayoko would be up once more, and lord knows how long her tenuous grasp on luck would be. In the third lane, she would let out a rather annoyed sigh as she would lift her bow once more.

She was content in the center ring, and would aim there for her first shot. {1 Raise, 10 vs TN 20, miss}

Her first shot would miss by a rather large margin. Growling, she would aim for the same ring, and figure out what she should do later. {1 Raise, 11 vs TN 20, miss}

The arrow would be an equally horrid miss, and in desperation, she would use her last Void for a rank in Kyujutsu, hoping exploding dice will get her a bulls-eye. {3 Raises, Void spent for 1 rank in Kyujutsu, 20 vs TN 30, miss}

Her final shot would miss just as badly as her other ones. Grinding her teeth loudly, she would suddenly let out a furious yell, and smash her Yumi bow over her knee (with rather surprising ease, no less) before storming off away from the competition. Doji Kita would lift a hand as if to reach out to Sayoko, but thought better of it and lowered it without a word.

Bayushi Kojiro, you're up!  
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 9, 5, 8, 3, 7, 7 Total: 39 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:36 pm
@Kyujutsu competition

Kojiro would watch the Unicorn woman's attempts and was shocked to see Sayako's outburst of frustration and fury. The scorpion would need to be reminded that it was his turn to make his shots.

The Bayushi thought to make another attempt on the bullseye, but decided against it. It's best just to stay in the tournament. So, he aimed for the 60 pt bracket.

OOC
TN: 20 (15 base+2 raises-5 for mastery)
Number rolled: 24
Score: 60  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 9, 8, 2, 7, 9, 2 Total: 37 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:40 pm
Kojiro took in a deep breath and aimed another arrow into the same range bracket.

OOC:
TN=20
Result=26
Score= 120  
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 6, 5, 3, 6, 8, 3 Total: 31 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:43 pm
The Scorpion knew it wouldn't be as impressive or audacious as if it were with his first shot, but Kojiro aimed for the bullseye with this shot, just to prove that he could do it.

OOC:
TN: 15(base)+15 (Three raises)-5(Weapon Mastery)=25
Result:20
Score:120  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:52 pm
@ Storytelling Competition:

A tear would roll down Susumu's cheek, as he was obviously deeply and emotionally moved by Koan's touching story. Standing up, his heart swelling with courage, he would denounce any further violence in his life and take up a vow of peace.

No, that doesn't really happen. "Er... well done, I saw nothing wrong with that story..." he would respond. {Critique of 14 vs TN 40} "You pansy-a** fruitcake..."

"That was an excellent retelling. Have you considered becoming a playwright, Koan-san?" he would ask as he would smile and clap. {Critique of 15 vs TN 40} Turning to Kagae, he would have a thought and lean close to ask him quietly, "Wait, didn't some Akodo already do that one?"

"A sucker for romance. Would have never pegged you as the sort, Koan..." Ide Jiro would confess, chuckling softly and shaking his head, smiling. {Critique of 10 vs TN 40}

"Haha! I don't know how the Crane look at it, but it looks like the fisherman got his justice desserts if you ask me," {Critique and pun of 10 vs TN 40}

"Eh... romances aren't really my thing. I suppose it was alright, if you're into that sort of thing..." Wait, wasn't she married? {Critique of 17 vs TN 40}

Kan seemed to study Koan a bit, then nod. "I'm a bit too old to be that sentimental about such tales, but you did a good job expressing yourself with it, Koan-san. I think there's still much we need to learn about you." {Spending a Void, Critique of 27 vs TN 40. Good try, Kan!}

Around this time, the servant girl from before would quietly approach Ujina Denbe, and silently offer him a tiny sealed spice jar of cumin, for his culinary needs. But, on that note, Denbe, which foods HAVE you eaten, out of your rice, miso soup, and fish?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:58 pm
@ Kyujutsu Competition:

Bayushi Kojiro would take his turn, and though he scored enough points with the first shot, he got greedy with the third and was rewarded with a miss for his efforts. But he had nothing to lose, so now attentions turn to Kakita Zanzen!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:08 pm
@ Storytelling Competition:

As things (as well as dinner) would be wrapping up, it would be Asako Sumi's turn. All attentions would turn to her, curious what the courtier of the Phoenix Clan would be able to weave for a story.

"Pass."

"Wh-what?" Seppun Benjiro would ask, seemingly taken aback by her action.

"I decline to tell a story," she would further clarify, sitting there very patiently.

"That's not the point of being here, Asako Sumi. You are supposed to contribute, just like the rest of your fellow samurai." Benjiro didn't seem to be getting angry, but he definitely seemed put off.

"With all due respect, I am of poor health. As such, I am incapable of long-winded conversations. I was poorly suited for any of..." She trailed off, actually somewhat out of breath from her explanation. Benjiro's stoic expression softened, and he would frown.

"Right. I should have been more considerate. Asako Sumi forfeits her turn, so Kan-san, I believe this makes it your turn."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:37 pm
@ Kyujutsu Competition

He would step up to look at the Magistrate. "I fear I must forfeit. My bow is not of the right range to continue." Bowing respectfully, he'd turn and speak before stepping away. "May the Fortunes favor the rest so we may have a good competition.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Agent Sinistra rolled 7 10-sided dice: 9, 3, 8, 3, 6, 2, 10 Total: 41 (7-70)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:59 pm
@ Taryu-jiai Competition:

Rain Yupa
Makoto's monk would take a martial stance, and rush forward with a fierce blow, attempting to disrupt the liquid Matsu. It would punch the being in the chest, sending ripples coursing throughout. {28 vs TN 12, hit}

The blow would cause the Matsu avatar to shimmer slightly, but reform thereafter, the blow not sufficient to put it down! {7 damage, and it is Hurt!}

Kitsu Kyumi, time to retaliate! You attack with 5k3+1 (-10), and wound with 3k1+3!

As the ripples went through its body, the water avatar would ready itself to attack. It was only once it had reformed that it began its assault. In one fluid motion, the liquid bushi would use its katana and try to slice through the upper part of its opponent's chest.

((5k3+1 (-10) = 14 vs TN 12?; first 5 are for the roll, rest are in case of explosion. ))  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:10 pm
@ Kyujutsu Competition:

Doji Kita would bow in return at Zanzen's request. "It is a pity to see you be forced to make this decision. Perhaps, under better circumstances, you would have shown the the samurai here what a Crane is truly capable of." She would smile, and nod her head to the Phoenix competitor.

Isawa Sosuke would turn to Kojiro, one of the few left. "I believe that means it is my turn. I suspect we'll resolve this in the next round." With confidence, he would stride forth and ready how bow for the next volley.

Hoping to settle this immediately, using a void point to improve his accuracy as he would go for a bulls-eye! {3 raises, 2nd void point for +1k1, 18 vs TN 30, miss} The arrow would sail off to one side, Sosuke shaking his head in disappointment. So much for style!

Aiming for the inner ring, he would see how badly he would need to work to salvage this round. {2 raises, 17 vs TN 25, miss}. This too would miss, and a bead of sweat would trickle down Sosuke's brow.

A bulls-eye only would save him at this point. Using his void for a different focus instead, he would see if he could hit his target and save himself after all. {2 raises, last void for free raise, 19 vs TN 25, miss} But it would not come to be, the last arrow burying into the ground before the target.

"Well, THAT'S embarrassing. I suppose I couldn't keep it up forever, though," he would say aloud to no one in particular. "All good things must come to an end, and I am no exception to this rule."

Smiling and bowing politely, he would vacate the archery area to watch the rest of the competition.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Well done everyone! With only three archers left, it won't take us long to prepare for the 200' mark! Hold tight, everyone!"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 5, 4, 3, 8 Total: 22 (5-50)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:17 pm
@ Taryu-jiai Competition:

((Rolling Damage.
3k1 + 3 = 8; first 3 are the roll, rest are in case of explosion))  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:31 pm
@Kyujutsu Competition

"It was more than mere luck, Sosuke-san. If you choose to continue with the art of the bow, you could eclipse us all."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:40 pm
@ Taryu-Jiai Duels:

The injury the samurai would deliver to the monk of sand would leave it Grazed, the blade leaving a muddy scar across its chest!

"Impressive, Kyumi-san. But is it impressive enough?" Makoto would grin confidently, as he directed his monk to unleash a swift roundhouse to the watery Matsu's head! {14 vs TN 12, hit; 19(!) damage!}

The swift kick would actually decapitate Kyumi's avatar, which would splash across the ring.

"Match over! The winner, is Tamori Makoto!" Raicho would announce. Makoto and his monk would both bow, though the latter would dissolve into a loose pile of sand instead of rising again.

"It was an honor to face off against you again, Kitsu Kyumi-san. I hope this will not be the end of such opportunities," Makoto would humbly say to Kyumi.

--------------------

After any immediately clean-ups from leftover avatars, Magistrate Kuni Raicho would announce the next rounds. "For this round, Shinjo Gemmei will be pitted against Kuni Kaori. Following that, Soshi Maru will battle Kitsu Kyumi. It will end with Isawa Toyoko versus Tamori Makoto. Those of you who lost in the first round, this will be your last if you lose this time."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:48 pm
@ Kyujutsu Competition

Seichiro crouched down, his knees almost touching the ground, and resting upon his bow, staring at the range. 200 feet... could he keep this lucky streak and clear this round as well, or will he fail? His mind was clouded, but his determination strong. This was getting exciting for him. He just MIGHT dedicate some time to kyujutsu after all, after this. At least this tournament opened his mind to something other than melee combat!  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:36 pm
@ Taryu-Jiai Duels:

Shinjo Gemmei vs. Kuni Kaori

Assessment

The Patient Unicorn would step up to fight against the martial Crab. Gemmei would be the first to bow, though her face would betray no emotion. "Worry not, Kaori-san. This will be an even and fair match." {2 Raises, Spellcraft of 23 vs TN 15. Chooses to learn ranks in Spellcraft, ranks in Meditation, highest Ring.}

Kaori, who had seemed somewhat down, seemed to perk up a bit at this, as if taken by surprise. "Ah!" She seemed to look off to the side as if expecting answers, but would respond with a mere nod, followed by a bow of her own. {1 Raise, Spellcraft of 37(!) vs TN 10. Chooses to learn Void, and ranks in Spellcraft.}

"..."

Declaration

"I will use my trusted Water to combat your earth, Kaori-san." Gemmei would ready her scroll to conjure forth her large-sized bushi, complete with his liquid No-dachi. As the Water Kami would form, he would swing his blade in a horizontal arc, droplets of water spraying across the ring. {Earth-2 Fire-2 Water-2 Air-2 Void-1; TNtbH = 14, 2 wounds/level.}

"Only one of us will move on. I trust the Earth Kami completely, and I believe they will guide me faithfully!" Kaori's Hida would rise from the ground, once more solid stone, gripping his equally solid tetsubo, showing the other avatar that he's no master of the greater weapons! {Earth-3 Water-2 Fire-1 Air-2 Void-1; TNtbH = 12, 3 wounds/level.}

Fight

The liquid bushi would have a slighter edge in speed over the stony one, and with a confident step forward, he would slash his massive blade downward with equal parts ferocity and precision! {31 vs TN 12, hit. 8 damage} It would cleave a large gash in the Stone Hida's chest, but it would not be deterred, as it was only Grazed!

The Hida would go next, ready to counter with his own fierce weapon. Going for a little extra oomph, it would call a raise for damage as it swung in an effort to knock the watery avatar in two! {26-5 vs TN 19, hit. 9 damage} The watery warrior seemed to fall apart some, but managed to pull himself back together. He was Injured, but not out!

Gemmei wouldn't be out yet, and she would redirect her avatar to finish this while it had the chance! {44-15 vs TN 12, hit. 7 more damage, for a total of 15.} The warrior would confidently cleave into the Hida once more, delivering a deep vertical slice to intersect the diagonal one from before. The Stony Avatar rumbled slightly, but held together, now just as Injured as its opponent.

Kaori observed the mastery that Gemmei was showing, and realized that she would probably be her last opportunity. She yelled at her avatar to go, and the Hida would raise his tetsubo above his head, and attempt to smash his opponent to tiny puddles! {24-15 vs TN 14, miss!} The large club would explode into the soft ground, though the watery bushi would deftly evade to the side! A miss, but one that would cost her the match?

Gemmei would order her Avatar to finish the job, and the Bushi would deliver a wide slash with his watery blade! {20-15 vs TN 12, miss!} The attack would fail to connect, parried by the tetsubo and part of it actually breaking off (and nearly splashing Raicho!), though it would easily reform to full length.

Kaori's Avatar would react in kind, its actions now clumsy and wild and not even coming close! {24-15 vs TN 14, miss!}

"I am sorry, Kaori-san. I must end this," Gemmei would apologize, focusing more intently on directing her avatar. {39-15 vs TN 12, hit. 7 more damage, for a total of 22.} The Bushi would slip off to the side, spinning and delivering a quick horizontal slice across the Hida's throat. However, its head would actually come off, rolling across the battle arena's floor and coming to a rest at Kaori's feet!

The Hida's body would turn to rubble immediately, falling to pieces. Kuni Kaori would look down at her feet, at the severed head, almost in shock.

"The winner is, without a doubt, Shinjo Gemmei. Kuni Kaori, you are eliminated."

"It was an honor and a pleasure competing against you, Kaori-san." Gemmei would bow, her samurai sheathing his no-dachi, then disrupting to dozens of water kami that would vacate in a rush.

Kaori would say nothing, simply reaching down to pick up the head. It would turn to dust as she touched it, and she would stand, empty-handed, her eyes averted to the ground. She would leave without a word.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games