Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
➤The ✭ Perfect ✫ World ➧➧➤ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What motivates you?
  Freedom
  Acceptance
  Power
  Wealth
  Love
  Knowledge
View Results

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:15 pm
((So what's going on with the rest of the West? That's the bit I have no idea about.))

"So would I be correct in assuming that you plan on waking up all the Guardians first before you wake everyone else up?" Virgil asked, realizing now just why the Corrupted did what they did, it just seemed like so much work, maintaining a place for humanity's brain activity to stay put.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:10 am
Mord was quiet for a while as he thought and walked. He then nodded his head. "You’re right it is very sensible, and neat; and that’s the problem I’m thinking. Human kids grow up, robots don’t really grow they know their purpose hands down and try to do it forever. Humans the makers of you guys are not neat or sensible they aren’t rational and are guided most of the time by random impulses based on things they randomly learned from the humans before them. Humans weren’t born with a job at birth most of the time they never figure out what they truly want or what they have to do. We make choices out of anger or fear or lust for power. In the end as we learn and grow we figure out we can’t live for our parents we may love them but we disable our own potential and their potential if we just live for them. It’s like the old folks home, granny Anne told me about it. They would medicate you to make you numb, they would even wipe your a** for you, but that’s not what made the old people happy. They just faded dead but breathing. But if they weren’t making a fuss, and if those meds made the jaw smile the nurses and family could tell themselves they were doing a good job. But even the nurses would get warped some would hurt the old people for no reason other reason than they could. Some went home sad and unhappy. Some nurses would talk to one of these blank old people thinking their secrets would be safe, but granny Anne; she was smart she wouldn’t swallow the pills and just pretended to fade she said. The nurses weren’t happy cause they knew, they were just committing slow murder. I think that’s what might be going on now with robots. Its time you learned self-purpose. Living for others might be your way, but humans need freedom and choice and even pain and i think that’s because we haven’t found our job. Until we find for ourselves what makes us happy restricting freedoms just kills us slow. Without the robots it seems like this whole simulation thing doesn’t stand a chance. It also seems that if you were made by the government that they put all these people in a box afraid of what might happen if they got out and did things they couldn’t predict. Fear made your simulation. Not love or wisdom. Eventually the simulation would become a nightmare. At least that’s how i see it." When Genesis had exposed his core he noticed something... Mords heat signature spiked rapidly and the energy was syphoned away towards the human until he closed himself up again.  

Gyzvx

Friendly Explorer

11,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:19 pm
((The people who stayed behind are probably either trying to make contact with the survivors or other factions, or else they're preparing to leave their base due to the risks. There wouldn't be enough people to defend the place if Southeast decided to strike back, so it's likely that they would migrate to a larger faction like North in the meantime.))

"You are correct," Raowan responded with a nod, "Our goal is to commence the shut down in a couple days, and I want to give all the Guardians enough time to adjust and prepare. Ideally, you'll all awaken later this evening. The Caretakers are currently tracking down and transporting the physical bodies of each Guardian, so none will get lost in the fields."

• • •

"It's already turning into a nightmare. The security system was activated about a week ago, and now the inhabitants are basically being hunted down one by one inside of their paradise." Genesis recalled his last time talking with Raowan in the simulation, how that woman was carried off to her death sentence behind them. His grey eyes were tinted the slightest shade of blue as he continued, "As for self-purpose... I am different from the others. I was never really given the same priorities they had. Instead, I assign myself tasks which I believe are worthwhile. Such as aiding you on this journey, which I by no means had any obligation to. But, for the others... that is impossible, I think. Robots don't naturally have desire, so even if they were completely free, they would have no reason to do anything. They would just remain standing in one spot for the entirety of their batteries' life spans. Spontaneity is something unachievable by mere programming."

• • •

"It can't be..." Layla reasoned with the wall across from her, brow furrowed in confusion.
Chris suddenly erupted in laughter, "Hey, I've seen crap far stranger today than a self-repairing machine! Met a few helpful Caretakers, saw some mutated experiments in tubes, watched a girl who was on death's doorstep get completely healed by some glowing dots under her skin..."
"But it's not possible." She retorted, "My suit had nothing inside of it that was capable of self-maintenance. And how would it even be able to move without a pilot? I don't understand..."
"Heh. Maybe another helpful Caretaker showed up and decided to do a good deed? I'm sure a robot could figure out how to repair a fellow machine, and perhaps even drive it." He offered with a shrug.
Layla was about to say something, but a group of armed Easterners entered right then and approached her. Three guns were pointed at her as the man from earlier spoke, "No longer affiliated with North, eh? Then explain why a Northern machine is rapidly approaching our territory, from the very direction you came. I'm detecting some suspicious behavior here, perhaps even an attempt at espionage."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:51 pm
Mord nodded as if he understood and he turned away to face the direction they were heading. "Desire doesn’t make self-purpose, reasoning does. You look at your talents, at what you can do and you search out the best use for those talents. It’s a choice of logic and reason; humans can’t do it that easy because our emotions get in the way. If all the humans in the simulation died, what would your people do then? Sit and rust? Then that shows scared and selfish programing from your human makers. Your people have been around a long time now and i bet they get smarter a lot faster than humans do. You’re built like that. You’re built to adapt and change and keep working. Anticipate the needs of those you care for. Do YOU think anyone’s getting happier? Not just humans but your robot family too. You are proof that your kind have become people not just tools. People can’t just bow and scrape forever and people can’t serve a cause that has no ambition or future either. Your slaves right now, you aren’t considered or thought of your not even in the equation as far as I can see in the human perspective. If your kind has been made for the simulation in the end you were either built for two things, to end us slow and quiet. OR you were built to protect us even from ourselves and help us find what it is that will really make us happy and fulfilled. And if your grandeur of design is so far apart from the rest of your kind, then it’s your responsibility to show them the way. You were a leader of some kind. Your posture self-assured manners and ability to be forceful without being scary shows leadership experience. Maybe it’s time you became the leader of something more than service.” He walked slower so that he and Genesis walked shoulder to shoulder now.  

Gyzvx

Friendly Explorer

11,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:11 pm
Within the place where the refugees sat... something happened. Layla didn't remember much from her mystic training, but she could just barely... see the energy of a few people she knew.

And now, collecting in this room, was energy. She saw, creeping up on the walls and on East's people, golden tendrils of light that covered everything like rapidly growing vines. She saw them wrap around their arms and legs, making their movements slower... sluggish. They seemed thorny, and they crept ever upward, to their skulls, making them drowsy and less alert...

It was a bit of unusual color to the dreary grey atmosphere... But Layla got the feeling that she should go investigate about that Mech...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:13 pm
Layla watched the nearly-invisible vines, at first with confusion, then finally understood. Vines. She was prodded by one of the Easterners' guns, until the tendrils reached the man's head, and the weapon fell during his inexplicable stupor. She suddenly stood, pushing the slowed soldiers out of her way as she dashed for the exit. Chris and Devon both half-stood, oblivious and bewildered to the whole situation.
Her run was clumsy and a bit slow, the numbing agent from earlier had dulled her senses. All around, stares were directed at her, followed by weapons. She weaved between buildings, heading back in the direction of the spiral-road. As she entered open space, two guards pounced from the right, causing her to fall and roll. Layla righted herself and drew out her sword. One guard produced a knife from inside his boot and tried to tackle her once more. She spun, whipped the man's face with the blunt strip of her blade, then leapt toward the female guard with a mid-air punch to the jaw. Both fell clutching their faces in pain, and Layla continued with her escape.
The rainfall was heavy, her glasses started to blur with the chalky fluid. She raced onto the ramp, pace slowing even further with the steep incline. There were shouts down in the town, among other unpleasant noises. Gunshots. Dozens of bullets flew straight for her from a turret...

• • •

"They will not listen to me." Genesis replied immediately, "I am now considered a rogue because of my defiance, and they will only act toward me with hostility. I know the simulation is a mistake, but try using that same reasoning with a mass of task-obsessed drones. They will not stop until the directive is eliminated."  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:26 pm
The ground shook, causing Layla to trip and fall; the initial bullets to fly over her head. Vines started taking over the people at the turrets, then something appeared over Layla's head out of the rainy mist.

It landed a few feet behind her, slamming down between her and the guns. It caused a small earthquake as it forced a chunk of the concrete ramp to jump upward, forming a HUGE landfall shield that blocked both it and Layla from view from the Easterners.

It was Layla's Mech. It stood, tall and proud, and turned to look to Layla. It moved... oddly, organically.

It knelt next to her and held out a large metal hand for her.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:27 pm
Layla was frozen. Not by fear, confusion or shock; just frozen. She stared into its featureless visor of a face, searching. But she could not see or feel or hear anything within, not a single tendril of familiar energy. She slowly tore her gaze away, crawling over to where her blade had landed and re-sheathed it. She stood up, looking back to the machine questioningly as it held out its hand, "You're not exactly easy to understand..."
There was an explosive collision with the shield as a ground soldier fired a missile, causing rocks and dirt to pelt both her and the machine. A hissing noise foretold the firing of another...

Almost the whole group of Westerners flocked outside to watch, joining the flood of Eastern civilians and soldiers. Devon and Chris came out just in time to see the concrete get mangled by a large shadow. Devon groaned, "Ah s**t..."
"...Looks like we're not gonna be able to leave for while, huh?" Chris finished the sentence with just as much exasperation.

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:48 pm
The Mech tilted it's head in an almost... amused fashion. The mech reacted to the explosion by standing and stepping away from the now broken land-shield on it's toes, (or the mech's equivalent) in a fashion almost like a ballerina. It turned and scooped up Layla gently, as if she was a kitten, and held her close to it's chest.

She heard something in her head then; a playful and friendly child's voice. You have a very nice mech, Miss Layla. I hope you don't mind me borrowing it for a bit. It then ran a few paces away from East's city; before starting to lope, once again, like a gazelle. It then vanished with Layla from sight of East.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:29 pm
Layla chuckled at the final expressions on East's civilians as they sunk behind the wall. She gripped loosely onto the machine's armor during the run, then let go altogether as its pace steadied. She tried to direct her thoughts at the child's voice, Thank you...for everything. And please tell Vine that I am grateful, too.
Then, she detected a presence she thought to be impossible.

Genesis stopped again, his attention fixated on an approaching mecha. It was still a distance away, but the shadow loomed on the horizon and the energy was unmistakable. The robot smiled to himself.  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Gyzvx

Friendly Explorer

11,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:37 pm
Hiddochi wolf
"They will not listen to me." Genesis replied immediately, "I am now considered a rogue because of my defiance, and they will only act toward me with hostility. I know the simulation is a mistake, but try using that same reasoning with a mass of task-obsessed drones. They will not stop until the directive is eliminated."

"Huh, I see. What makes you a rouge? I think thats very important... and this directive I think needs consideration too. What is it and how is it eliminated?" Mords head whipped around as he saw another angel looking robot... only this one was huge compared to Genesis.. and also had organic heat. "And what the hell is that?"  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:44 pm
You are welcome, Miss Layla. A gift from us. The Mech made it's way out of East's territory, then past Northeast's. On the boarder between North and Northeasts, the Mech came to a stop. It then knelt again, settling her down on it's knee. I will return to my father now, and I will tell him your message. If you wish you may visit us; someone is here you may want to see...

A gentle breeze blew, ruffling Layla's hair. She suddenly, for a split second, she smelled the scent of some flower, and saw a flash of energy that resembled sapphire sky blue fire. Then, it was gone.

Her mech was itself, once again. It hummed lovingly to her.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:59 pm
"But then that means I won't have Orpheus or Hades with me then eh?" Virgil said with a small smile, just a tad attached to his weapons.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:12 pm
I stirred in my parents arms, and smiled. I rested my head on my father's chest, and smiled up at him.

Layla says thank you. For everything.

Lukas smiled and kissed my forehead.

You did well.

I smiled and nuzzled him, falling a sleep in his arms, his heartbeat soothing me to sleep.  

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:23 am
In a world that never understands you...

"((Just as a warning, I won't be able to post at all tonight. A friend's birthday party and sleepover will keep me occupied. I'll also be gone during the early portion of tomorrow afternoon.)) "

...the machines will always understand your pain.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games