Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The ART Dept
Portraits of a drunken, cross-dressing elf (art thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 60 61 62 63 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:11 am
Yeah I think it's the direction I'll go in with my guys. When I try to hold myself back a bit when I draw guys it never quite turns out right.

But in other news, I found a wonderful way to give Kaori boobs again that makes sense to her abilities and character. I just didn't want to randomly give her an adult body just for the sake of fan service... but in a sense that's exactly what I'm doing. emotion_facepalm

lulz oh well it was bound to happen sooner or later.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:22 am
Hooray for fanservice emotion_awesome Only times I'm against fanservice is when it takes away from or otherwise doesn't fit the story and/or the character{s} involved.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:41 pm
The core concept. Going to get the anatomy down better before I add the twin tails. I'm debating whether or not to give her a skirt or leave her completely nude...

User Image

The basic story behind the idea is that Kaori is trying to bring herself to the point in her life where her magic is at its peak using a forbidden spell called Arc of Time. Her first attempt is a success, but she doesn't yet possess the knowledge to use the spell to its fullest potential.

While Kaori is taken one step closer to being the mage she is meant to be in the future, she still has a couple minor bugs to work out before she can use the spell in front of other people. xd

This is probably going to be one of the more technically challenging drawings I've ever attempted.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:54 pm
omg this is so hard. cat_gonk

User Image  

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:05 pm
Yeah, that's a difficult pose to get the anatomy right. It's a lot harder when the figure is twisted, and it looks like you've got some foreshortening in the arms and legs too. cat_gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:58 pm
It's definitely the foreshortening in the arms that's killing me now. I just have to keep in mind that this is a personal project and I can take time off from it until I figure it out emotion_facepalm

I've also been working on and off on a commission. The design is a bit plain so I'm trying to give the lineart a bit more oomph than usual and I'm on the 3rd draft of it now. Previous versions were a bit too cutesy for the theme I was going for. Needed more gar. Short hair sucks. I have to be aware of the actual hair line. Usually I can just flub it lulz

User Image

So many unfinished sketches piling up gonk  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:23 am
I prefer drawing short hair... it's long hair that's a pain stressed

... and so is foreshortening stare

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:33 am
I personally prefer foreshadowing...
((unrelated comments is unrelated yet... not... eek ))  

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:36 am
I'm not really clever enough for foreshadowing. emotion_yatta  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:17 pm
Foreshadowing is fun emotion_awesome ... though at times can get annoying when you're talking to the readers stare People think they're making fantastic suggestions on where I should take my story when I purposefully foreshadowed that's where it's headed.... stare  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:07 am
I just went to see Wreck It Ralph with a friend and all I was really expecting was a bit of nostalgia with all the old school game references, but I got so much more out of the experience. I started tearing up towards the end. At certain points I wish I could pause the theater screen and read all the graffiti on the walls. But that's not what this is about. I fell in love with a certain character's design.

User Image

Since I'm drawing guys now, I might as well make my next goal to be able to draw chibi art.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:11 pm
It's finally almost done. gonk

User Image  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:33 pm
He has a very non-threatening facial expression.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:53 pm
He does. He looks almost nervous, or scared.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:46 am
It's generally what happens when I don't know the person directly to get an image in my head for how they act and I don't particularly have any relevant feelings for the art itself so I just slapped an expression on without thinking much on it.

But yeah, it's been one of my biggest personal complaints about the piece so far and since now I know it's not just me I'll put some effort in and give him a nicer face.
sweatdrop  
The ART Dept

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 60 61 62 63 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games