Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:50 am
Rain Yupa
AlphabetFish
So I just want to let everyone know that, as is typical for healers in 4e, I don't have any way now to heal myself... All my stuff only affects allies. crying

"As is typical"? eek

Reviewing Healing Word, Inspiring Word, Majestic Word, and Healing Spirit, all target "You or one ally". Is the Skald version ally only?

(Psst, I also have Lay on Hands)
*Hops in*Skald's Arua places an arua around her, that lasts until the end of the encounter or until it is used twice, that allows an her or an ally to spend a healing thingly as a minor action.

SourceWiki, http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Bard

That said, and if I followed correctly, Kori and Valac used it up. And she now only has her powers.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:55 am
Mongooseh
Kowsauni
Mongooseh

Twyla is offering you a free teleport, should you choose to accept it. You may teleport to any square adjacent to R1 with the exception to the one Twyla was standing in as she was still occupying it at the time of the teleport.

Please let me know if you choose to accept the teleport and which square you would like to teleport to.

Yeah I accept and teleport to N 18 the square just below where Twyla was in hopes of stifling any pursuit.

Cool, it doesn't break the restrain but a least you are in melee range now. xp  

Kowsauni
Crew

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:18 am
Rain Yupa
AlphabetFish
So I just want to let everyone know that, as is typical for healers in 4e, I don't have any way now to heal myself... All my stuff only affects allies. crying

"As is typical"? eek

Reviewing Healing Word, Inspiring Word, Majestic Word, and Healing Spirit, all target "You or one ally". Is the Skald version ally only?

(Psst, I also have Lay on Hands)

EDIT: Nevermind, I missed the word "Now" sweatdrop

EDIT 2: ... why did you respond an hour later without my edit quoted, which clarified the same thing you just responded with? I edited that in like, right after I posted. sweatdrop

Hey, I didn't respond yet! That was someone else!

But that's cool--I didn't realize you had more than one use of Lay on Hands. I might need it, but hopefully Valac can take some hits for me. That's why I moved him up there! Oh, uh, I mean, so he can attack, of course. ninja

I can technically attack from range, but... I have a +4 to hit... so I might be pretty useless unless I get back in melee. My only implement attacks are dailies.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:21 am
Edit 2 was directed at PupSage 3nodding Sorry ^-^'

I can use Lay on Hands a number of times equal to my wisdom mod; right now, that's only 2 uses. Revenge is going straight Cha/Wis though so it'll advance as quickly as I can make it.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:44 pm
Rain Yupa

EDIT 2: ... why did you respond an hour later without my edit quoted, which clarified the same thing you just responded with? I edited that in like, right after I posted. sweatdrop

Because we are talking about two different things.

Your reference is to the weight in Kuori's pocket, hers is in reference to your quadruple cross.

The world doesn't work like that, as in villains don't let you just stop mid combat and throw gold at them. They want to milk you for all of it. And even if by some miracle you do get away, the next group isn't as lucky.

Omg ... Kuori is the Punisher ...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:19 pm
... What? I'm not even sure we're having the same conversation anymore sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:46 pm
Rain Yupa
... What? I'm not even sure we're having the same conversation anymore sweatdrop

Translation:

Revenge: "Hey Kuori, my walking coinpurse, I know that I gave up my share of the loot because it came from dead people and only asked for one coin and that my share was split evenly between all of the adventures, 3 of whom didn't come with us, but since you are my ATM and I hate violence, can you give your hard earned coin away to this bandit so that he will just let us walk away?"

Kuori: "No. If we don't fight they will kill us, if we pay them they will kill us."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:44 pm
But what does that have to do with my realization about what AlphaFish meant when she couldn't heal herself anymore?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:24 am
Kowsauni
and they bravely ran away.

Kowadaddi plez.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:48 am
I never quoted you. I quoted Alphafish  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:17 am
Yay, fixed issuses... Now to this one...

Rain... I QUOTED YOU. It is at the top of this page. As for time delay, I was pulled away mid-post.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:00 am
Southern Cross Nemesis
Yay, fixed issuses... Now to this one...

Rain... I QUOTED YOU. It is at the top of this page. As for time delay, I was pulled away mid-post.

Important lesson learned: don't gaia within minutes if waking up!

Things on my mind yesterday morning: a dear friend moving away this month and my difficulty arranging one last hang-out; my FLGS got broken into the night before; remembering I have to suit up for work come Monday; and 110 degree weather ;_;

Sorry my brain short-circuited everyone! That's why I was mostly just confused.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:01 pm
Mongooseh
Kowsauni
and they bravely ran away.

Kowadaddi plez.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

lol, thank god you finally made your save. I thought you were going to spend that entire fight ensnared. Keep in mind it is a minor action to stow your full blade and another minor action to draw your Javelin. You have the actions to do this, just remember you will need to spend a minor to draw your full blade back out.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:08 am
Quote:
Valac's javelin nails the bandit in the thigh!

User Image  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:20 pm
Meanwhile in sunny old England just a minute down the road from me.

User Image

And our lovely park has spontaneously gained a lake.

User Image  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games