Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 1 - Beast of a Thousand Knives (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:02 pm
The Sisters' Gambit
User Image

Initiative order
Nathaniel:
Corsica:
Ying: Marked by S8, Blinded, Bloodied, -2AC, weakened
Hakka: HP 35/42
Kuori: HP 28/38 DR 4
Gloom: HP 37/41
Soldiers:
Revenge: HP 17/47 Bloodied
Lieutenants: L1 Bloodied,Slowed L4 Bloodied, Slowed

As Revenge and the soldier next to him parry each other's blows, L1 uses his staff to launch two bolts of necrotic energy at Ying. She manages to dodge one but the other strikes her square in the chest. Ying cries out, as the attack seems to be particularly painful. She looks about in a bit of daze after words. Her wounds have finally caught up with her. Blood pours from several of her cuts while her body bears the singe marks of several mage attacks. (Ying is bloodied.) With her tearful face twisted up in pain, she mumbles to her sister. "Sister, I...."

The rest of the lieutenants press on with their attacks. L3 launches his twin lightning bolts at Ying and Hakka, striking the centipede girl. The lightning ripples over Ying, sapping her of her strength. Hakka manages to dodge the attack.

L4 smiles through his pain and levels his crossbow at Ying. His bolt buries deep in her side. He then moves to get father away from the fray.

Nathaniel pulls the spear from his chest and disappears from sight. The familiar black ball of necrotic energy strikes Ying, knocking her off her feet and blinding her. Nathaniel then appears next to Ying and attempts to stab her with her sister's own spear, but the haft breaks against Ying's natural armor. The weapon was barely more than a sharpened wooden stick after all. He would glare angrily at the scorpion girl. "You see this, Olozuza? This is what happens to those who disobey. This is just fraction of what lies in store for your sister unless you surrender now! Are you finally understanding?"

As the immobilized Corsica looks at her bloodied sister, a noticeable change comes over over her. A twinge of desperation can be heard in her voice. "Stop it! STOP IT! Leave her alone! Just leave her alone or I'll..." Corsica trails off as the sight of her injured sister begins to sap her will to fight. She continues to struggle at the binding rocks until she manages to free her feet with her immense strength. She shouts at her sister. "Ying, flee to the forest and hide. We've got it from here. You have done enough. Just stay safe!"

Ying looks at her sister. Her body is grievously wounded. A gash on her head bleeds into one of her eyes causing her to hold it shut. "No... I can't leave you. Everyone is fighting for us. We... we can win our freedom. I will not run." Ying climbs back to her feet. A fierce look of determination burns in her eyes. She turns to S15. She raises her centipede tail high in the air before bringing it crashing down on the solider, crushing him beneath it. Ying flinches, knowing she has just taken a life. She breathes heavily and mutters underneath her breath. "For my sister."

Ryssa Blackblood
Your turn!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:51 pm
Hakka felt her blood begin to boil as the attacks on Ying reached a sparking crescendo. Seeing her dear friend so hurt was downright painful, and the way this commander was making an "example" out of her was the last straw. "LEAVE HER ALONE!!!!" the fox girl screamed, as agitated as Corsica if not more. She hurled her shuriken once more, the one he let fly at Nathaniel having a deadlier spin to it.

L1 (22 vs. AC, 9 Damage)
Nathaniel (26 vs. AC, 26 Damage [used Assassin's Strike and Finesse on him])
L4 (24 vs. AC, 9 Damage)

(same conditions as always with the slowed and death effects, yadda yadda)  

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PupSage rolled 2 20-sided dice: 7, 7 Total: 14 (2-40)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:51 pm
Kuori got herself into a better position (Q16 so that she could keep an eye on the action. Her opinions on the fox were changing, she was providing some much needed support. The Earth Mage had been widdled down more and more, but she was determined to put the final nail in the coffin, or rather the final arrow in his chest.
She had another one reserved for the roguish lieutenant as well.

(Probably missed, but ...)
17 vs L1 for 9 dmg
17 vs L4 for 10 dmg (Quarried)  
PupSage rolled 2 20-sided dice: 2, 7 Total: 9 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:02 pm
( Moving to O18, to O16, to P15, I know that this will provoke an attack.)

Gloom saw an opportunity to hurt Nathaniel and had to take it. He arced around and went to attack with a spirit flay. "Glad to see that the high and mighty commander joined the fray" The reach of his weapon allowed him to hit the rogue lieutenant before it hit Nathaniel as well. Icing on the cake.

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
I Drink Blue Moon rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:23 pm
Gloom moves towards Nathaniel (P1 cool and hits him with a flesh rend while he was close.
16 vs AC on Nathaniel for 10 damage (If hits, activation Gauntlets for an extra +5 damage.)

(Bonus! Got my character sheet back!)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:24 pm
The Sisters' Gambit
User Image

Initiative order
Nathaniel: Slowed
Corsica:
Ying: Marked by S14, Blinded, Bloodied, -2AC, weakened
Hakka: HP 35/42
Kuori: HP 28/38 DR 4
Soldiers:
Lieutenants: L4 Bloodied, Slowed

Hakka's shurikens fly across the field with a vengeance. L1 is struck in the head and with a groan he falls to the ground dead. L4 is hit and looks at the fox girl with pure hate. Nathaniel gets a pretty mean gash across his back as well. He grabs at his back in pain and looks at his fallen lieutenant. He turns to the fox girl. "I've had just about enough from you, as well. Soldiers, bring down the fox girl but don't kill her. I think the lab might have use for for her."

As kuori moves to Q16 both the lieutenant and Nathaniel swing at her but she doges both attacks. L4 then dodges the Arrow Kuori's shoots at him at point black range. S1 also manages to dodge Kuori's other shot.

Nathaniel nimbly dodges Gloom's mace as he swings at him. He scoffs at him. "You'll have to be faster than that."

The soldiers all spring into action. Those around Ying stab at her with their longswords. In her weakened state, most of them manage to land solid hits on the centipede girl, leaving her further grievously wounded. A dazed look begins to come over Ying's face. By this point she has lost a lot of blood. It is not quite clear how much longer she can hold on, but it looks like she is reaching her limit.

S6 shifts over one square and swings at Revenge, but the paladin manages to parry his attack.

Rain Yupa
Your turn!

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:09 pm
17/47 hp, Bloodied

MOVE ACTION

Revenge would call out suddenly. "Be careful, Nathaniel! 'Kill the adventurers - no wait, don't! Spare the refugee girls - nevermind!' Keep this up, they'll confuse you for me, and you've heard how they feel about me!"

As a point of reference, he would remove one hand from his weapon to break off Kuori's arrow sticking out of his shoulder and toss it to the ground.

Quote:
Revenge shifts 1 NE to X21

STANDARD ACTION

After sidestepping around the guard, he would sigh as his own attempted strike missed by a narrow margin, once again. "So, tell me about yourself. Children? Wife? Husband? I'm trying to get you back to them in one piece, whoever it is," he would say as he readied himself for another parry, as he made small talk with his opponent. "I'm trying," Revenge would repeat.

Quote:
Enfeebling Clong, 18 vs AC. We've already established this is a miss. No nonlethal damage for anyone!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:44 am
The Sisters' Gambit
User Image

Initiative order
Nathaniel: Slowed, Bloodied, Stunned, Grappled
Corsica:
Ying: Marked by S14, Blinded, Bloodied,
Hakka: HP 15/42 Weakened, Bloodied, Blinded, Prone.
Kuori: HP 22/38 DR 4
Soldiers:

The soldier does not respond to Revenge as the lieutenants launch their attacks. L3 launches his twin bolts at Hakka and Ying. Though Ying manages to successfully resist the attack, the necrotically charged electricity ripples over Hakka, painfully sapping her of her strength once more. (14 damage, weakened.)

L4 stabs Kuori with his rapier (6 damage after DR) before shifting back a square and shooting at Ying with his hand crossbow. Fortunately, the shot glances off of her chitinous body.

Nathaniel barks at his soldiers. "We need her alive, but not necessarily unharmed... Take one of her arms for this insubordination! That will teach them to run away." Using his shadowy aura like before, Nathaniel disappears from sight and blasts Hakka from invisibility with a ball of necrotic energy. Hakka is hit by the attack (6 damage) causing her to stumble forward two squares and fall prone. The attack also leaves her blinded. Nathaniel reappears in a different spot but has not moved as far as he usually does. Nathaniel is completely hidden from Hakka.

After hearing the Nathaniel's order and seeing the condition of her sister, Corsica throws her hands in the air. Tears begin to stream down her face. "All right, stop--STOP! Don't hurt her anymore. We'll stop fighting. Just let her alone... please! We'll behave! I'm sorry. Everyone stop!"

Ying looks at her sister through the one eye she can still see out of. "Corsica..." She then shouts so that everyone can hear. "No, sister, you cannot lose faith. We can't let this end like before. We have friends now' they're all fighting for us! Don't let it all be for naught! I will not let them take us again. I won't be the weak link anymore!"

Mustering the last of her strength, Ying rushes around the soldiers surrounding her, getting hit by several of their attacks as she does so. She comes before Nathaniel where she nimbly reaches down and bites him on his neck, injecting her paralyzing venom. She wraps her body around his helpless form and begins to squeeze. The shadowy aura around him finally dissipates as blood pools up in his mouth. (Nathaniel is bloodied!) Still barely hanging on, Ying shouts out to the other soldiers. "Leave us alone or I will kill your captain!"

Corsica looks at her sister in stunned amazement, but quickly snaps into action. She moves into the space Ying had vacated, mostly ignoring the soldiers' attacks against her. "Forgive me, Ying. You are right. We will win our freedom!" She lashes out at S1, killing him with her pincers.

With her passive perception, Kuori notices something. She sees a female face among the trees. It was only for a moment before it disappeared, but the face was strangely a bit familiar. Its skin looked to be of polished wood and its hair made of willow leaves. Its amber colored eyes were cold and angry.
User Image

A chill wind blows through the battlefield, carrying the angry groans of the shifting trees. The haunting howls of wolves can suddenly be heard nearby. It seems the forest is finally aware of the interlopers on its land.

Ryssa Blackblood
You're up!

Kowsauni
Crew

Ryssa Blackblood

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:59 am
Blinded and weakened as she was by the last volley of attacks that nearly overwhelmed her, Hakka's fury was abated. She shifted into her fully fox form and rolled onto all fours, then took off in a random direction, unable to see (N17). The little fox practically tripped over the dead body there and then tucked herself under it, attempting to hide (20 Stealth).  
PupSage rolled 3 20-sided dice: 2, 7, 5 Total: 14 (3-60)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:17 am
Kuori saw they dryad and fear shot through her. "Guys, the spirit of the forest found us." Then the wind whipped up. Yet again she found herself conflicted, but decided that Nathaniel had to go. "Gloom, grab the greasy Lieutenant if you would." She fired another volley of arrows.

2+6 = 8 vs S7 for 8 dmg
7+6=13 vs S5 for 15 dmg
5+6+CA=13 vs Nathaniel for 15 dmg (quarried)  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
I Drink Blue Moon rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:33 pm
Gloom assumes greasy means L4 and attacks the rogue. He rushes over behind Kuori (P16). His flail strikes true and wraps around the man's crossbow. Suddenly Gloom's gauntlets glow as he tugs it back and rips the hooks from the rogue's flesh.

23 vs L4 for 11 dmg

Activating Ogre Chief Gauntlets to add +5 dmg for a total of 16.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:27 pm
The Sisters' Gambit
User Image

Initiative order
Nathaniel: Slowed, Bloodied, Stunned, Grappled
Corsica: Marked by S8
Ying: Marked by S7, Blinded, Bloodied,
Hakka: HP 15/42 Weakened, Bloodied, Blinded.
Soldiers:

As Hakka attempts to hide underneath the body, no one seems to pay particular attention to her, but then they all might have bigger priorities on their mind.

The sight of the dryad must have worn on Kuori's nerve for her aim was off on her volley of arrows. All her attacks missed.

Gloom's mace tears up L4's arm as the lieutenant yells in agony. However, he is still left standing, though it doesn't look like there's much left to him.

The soldiers seem a little bewildered by the sudden nearby howls, but they still spring into action. S7 stabs Ying's body in an attempt to get her to let go of the captain, but she holds strong. He yells to the rest of the soldiers. "Get her off the captain now!"

The rest of the soldiers around Corsica shift away in an attempt to get into position to assault Ying once more. S8 is the only one who stays next to the scorpion girl, managing to stab her with his sword. S6 attacks Revenge once more, but still can't seem to manage to land an attack.

Rain Yupa
You're up!

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:16 pm
17/47 hp, Blooded, NOT MARKED WOOOOO!

MOVE ACTION

"Fine. Be that way. Nice of you to keep me in range of your commander for when he happened to teleport back this way. I'd leave that out of your report though, if I were you." The Tiefling then shoulders past the soldier with some gusto.

Quote:
Revenge moves SW, NW, W, NW to W17, just behind S10. This provokes an opportunity attack.

MINOR ACTION

"Excuse me, pardon me... Nathaniel! Stop touting necromancy and torture! You're setting a bad example," he would say from behind the soldiers, before laying some smite upon the stunned leader of the Arians.

Quote:
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength. Add my Strength (1) damage to my next attack.

STANDARD ACTION

THW-HACK! Goes the flat of his halberd's blade upside Nathaniel's head (ideally, anyways).

Quote:
25 vs Nathaniel's AC. 15 damage, going for nonlethal.

"Sorry, boys. He crossed a line, that was his comeuppance. Hopefully, that knocked him out. If it did, take him and get out of here. No more killing, please? Also, the ranger says the forest is about to eat us. If we don't vacate now, no matter who wins, we're all going to die. Please please PLEASE no more killing."

He would toss a glance at L3. "I know what you're thinking. Don't even think about it, pal." He would move to grab hold of his holy symbol threateningly.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:37 am
The Sisters' Gambit
User Image

Initiative order
Nathaniel: Bloodied, Stunned, Weakened, ongoing 10 poison
Corsica: Marked by S8
Ying: Marked by S7, Bloodied, Weakened
Wolves:
Hakka: HP 15/42 Bloodied
Soldiers: S6, Prone, Bloodied
Revenge: HP 5/47 Bloodied, Marked by S6
Lieutenants: L4 Bloodied

As the paladin tries to move away from S6, he gets stabbed in the back by the soldier (crit, 12 damage, marked) but his movement is not otherwise impeded. Revenge reaches over S10 with his halberd and smacks the helpless Nathaniel on his head, but it does not knock him out.

L3 looks to be well out of his comfort zone and shifts back one square to make some breathing room. He launches his twin bolts of necrotic lighting, striking Ying in the chest and just narrowly missing Revenge. Ying wilts from the pain as the dark energy saps her strength. At this point she seems to be barely hanging on.

L4 grits his teeth. "I might die here, but I'm taking that damn centipede with me." L4 shoots his hand crossbow at Ying but she manages to dodge his attack.

Ying's venom continues to course through Nathaniel's veins, leaving him stunned and unable to take any action.

Corsica looks at her badly wounded sister and makes one more tearful plea. "Ying, please, go hide in the forest now. The path is clear. We have this fight. You have done enough. I-I can't stand to lose you. You're all I have left. Trust in your sister just a little more."

Ying looks Corsica directly in the eyes and silently nods. She unwinds her centipede lower half from around Nathaniel and shifts back one square. She then scurries away on her dozens of legs to a nearby cluster of trees. She instantly climbs them and disappears from sight.

Corsica moves into the spot her sister has vacated. She gets hit by a few of the soldiers, but their attacks don't seem to faze her much. Corsica wipes her eyes and then shouts out in a commanding voice.

"Comrades, her wrath will soon be upon us. Stand your ground but do not harm the creatures of the forest. We will testify on your behalf--but as for you Arians, you'd better flee. Your only hope is to reach the edge of the forest - but your captain stays!" Corsica unfurls her tail and stabs down at Nathaniel, piercing him deep in the chest with her stinger. A grim smile spreads across her face as she injects him with her poison. "I hope you're still aware enough to feel that."

Suddenly the sound of many creatures moving rapidly through the forest can be heard. Wolves begin to burst forth from the underbrush into the clearing. S6 is instantly set upon by three wolves which knock him down and begin to tear him apart. The pack leader, a dire wolf flanked by several more of his pack, emerges into view. He lets out a terrifying howl, signaling the carnage about to come.

Ryssa Blackblood
You're up!

Kowsauni
Crew

Ryssa Blackblood

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:04 am
Hakks maintains her position under the body of the slain soldier, catching her breath and licking her wounds (second wind, two surges cos the cloak, so +20 HP). However, at the shouts of both the big lady and Corsica, as well as the wolves' howling, Hakka prepares to hightail it if anything comes after her (readied action, run like hell if anything enters a burst 2 of her). She is a little relieved to see her friend run off and climb to safety though.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games