Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:32 pm
Psalms
Chapter 33
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 Reioyce in the Lord, O yee righteous: for prayse is comely for the vpright.

2 Praise the Lord with harp: sing vnto him with the Psalterie, and an instrument of ten strings.

3 Sing vnto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

4 For the word of the Lord is right: and all his workes are done in trueth.

5 Hee loueth righteousnesse and iudgement: the earth is ful of the goodnesse of the Lord.

6 By the word of the Lord were the heauens made: and all the host of them, by the breath of his mouth.

7 He gathereth the waters of the sea together, as an heape: he layeth vp the depth in storehouses.

8 Let all the earth feare the Lord: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.

9 For he spake, and it was done: he commanded, and it stood fast.

10 The Lord bringeth the counsell of the heathen to nought: he maketh the deuices of the people, of none effect.

11 The counsaile of the Lord standeth for euer, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.

12 Blessed is the nation, whose God is the Lord: and the people, whom he hath chosen for his owne inheritance.

13 The Lord looketh from heauen: he beholdeth all the sonnes of men.

14 From the place of his habitation, he looketh vpon all the inhabitants of the earth.

15 He fashioneth their hearts alike: he considereth all their workes.

16 There is no king saued by the multitude of an hoste: a mightie man is not deliuered by much strength.

17 An horse is a vaine thing for safetie: neither shall he deliuer any by his great strength.

18 Behold, the eye of the Lord is vpon them that feare him: vpon them that hope in his mercy:

19 To deliuer their soule from death, and to keepe them aliue in famine.

20 Our soule waiteth for the Lord: he is our helpe, and our shield.

21 For our heart shall reioyce in him: because we haue trusted in his holy name.

22 Let thy mercy (O Lord) be vpon vs: according as we hope in thee.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:23 am
Psalms
Chapter 34

1 A Psalme of Dauid, when he changed his behauiour before Abimelech: who droue him away & he departed. I will blesse the Lord at all times: his prayse shall continually bee in my mouth.

2 My soule shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall heare thereof, and be glad.

3 O magnifie the Lord with me, and let vs exalt his name together.

4 I sought the Lord, and hee heard me; and deliuered mee from all my feares.

5 They looked vnto him, and were lightned: and their faces were not ashamed.

6 This poore man cried, and the Lord heard him; and saued him out of all his troubles.

7 The Angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that feare him, and deliuereth them.

8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

9 O feare the Lord yee his Saints: for there is no want to them that feare him.

10 The young lyons doe lacke, and suffer hunger: but they that seeke the Lord, shall not want any good thing.

11 Come yee children, hearken vnto me: I will teach you the feare of the Lord.

12 What man is hee that desireth life; and loueth many dayes, that he may see good?

13 Keepe thy tongue from euill, and thy lippes from speaking guile.

14 Depart from euill, and doe good: seeke peace and pursue it.

15 The eies of the Lord are vpon the righteous; and his eares are open vnto their crie.

16 The face of the Lord is against them that doe euill; to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.

17 The righteous crie, and the Lord heareth; and deliuereth them out of all their troubles.

18 The Lord is nigh vnto them that are of a broken heart: and saueth such as be of a contrite spirit.

19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord deliuereth him out of them all.

20 He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.

21 Euill shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shalbe desolate.

22 The Lord redeemech the soule of his seruants: and none of them that trust in him, shalbe desolate.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:54 am
Psalms
Chapter 35

1 A Psalme of Dauid. Plead my cause (O Lord) with them that striue with mee: fight against them that fight against me.

2 Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand vp for mine helpe.

3 Draw out also the speare, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say vnto my soule, I am thy saluation.

4 Let them be confounded and put to shame that seeke after my soule: let them be turned backe and brought to confusion, that deuise my hurt.

5 Let them be as chaffe before the wind: and let the Angel of the Lord chase them.

6 Let their way be darke and slippery, and let the Angel of the Lord persecute them.

7 For without cause haue they hid for me their net in a pit, which without cause they haue digged for my soule.

8 Let destruction come vpon him at vnawares, and let his net that hee hath hid, catch himselfe: into that very destruction let him fall.

9 And my soule shalbe ioyfull in the Lord: it shall reioyce in his saluation.

10 All my bones shall say, Lord, who is like vnto thee which deliuerest the poore from him that is too strong for him, yea the poore and the needy, from him that spoileth him?

11 False witnesses did rise vp they layd to my charge things that I knew not.

12 They rewarded mee euill for good, to the spoiling of my soule.

13 But as for me, when they were sicke, my clothing was sack-cloth: I humbled my soule with fasting, and my prayer returned into mine owne bosome.

14 I behaued my selfe as though he had bene my friend, or brother: I bowed downe heauily, as one that mourneth for his mother.

15 But in mine aduersitie they reioyced, and gathered themselues together: yea, the abiects gathered themselues together against me, & I knew it not, they did teare me, and ceased not,

16 With hypocriticall mockers in feasts: they gnashed vpon mee with their teeth.

17 Lord, how long wilt thou looke on? rescue my soule from their destructions, my darling from the lyons.

18 I will giue thee thankes in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people.

19 Let not them that are mine enemies wrongfully, reioyce ouer me: neither let them winke with the eye, that hate me without a cause.

20 For they speake not peace: but they deuise deceitfull matters against them that are quiet in the land.

21 Yea they opened their mouth wide against me, and saide, Aha, Aha, our eye hath seene it.

22 This thou hast seene (O Lord) keepe not silence: O Lord be not farre from me.

23 Stirre vp thy selfe and awake to my iudgement, euen vnto my cause, my God and my Lord.

24 Iudge me O Lord my God, according to thy righteousnesse, and let them not reioyce ouer me.

25 Let them not say in their hearts, Ah, so would we haue it: let them not say, We haue swallowed him vp.

26 Let them be ashamed and brought to confusion together, that reioyce at mine hurt: let them bee cloathed with shame and dishonour, that magnifie themselues against me.

27 Let them shoute for ioy, and bee glad that fauour my righteous cause: yea let them say continually, Let the Lord bee magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his seruant

28 And my tongue shall speake of thy righteousnesse, and of thy praise all the day long.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:37 am
Psalms
Chapter 36

1 To the chiefe musician, A Psalme of Dauid, the seruant of the Lord. The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no feare of God before his eyes.

2 For he flatterech himselfe in his owne eyes, vntill his iniquitie be found to be hatefull.

3 The words of his mouth are iniquitie and deceit: he hath left off to bee wise, and to doe good.

4 Hee deuiseth mischiefe vpon his bed, he setteth himselfe in a way that is not good; he abhorreth not euill.

5 Thy mercie (O Lord) is in the heauens; and thy faithfulnesse reacheth vnto the cloudes.

6 Thy righteousnesse is like the great mountaines; thy iudgements are a great deepe; O Lord, thou preseruest man and beast.

7 How excellent is thy louing kindnesse, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust vnder the shadowe of thy wings.

8 They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatnesse of thy house: and thou shalt make them drinke of the riuer of thy pleasures.

9 For with thee is the fountaine of life: in thy light shall we see light.

10 O continue thy louing kindnesse vnto them that know thee; and thy righteousnesse to the vpright in heart.

11 Let not the foot of pride come against me, and let not the hand of the wicked remoue me.

12 There are the workers of iniquitie fallen: they are cast downe, and shal not be able to rise.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:02 am
Psalms
Chapter 37

1 A Psalme of Dauid. Fret not thy selfe because of euill doers, neither bee thou enuious against the workers of iniquitie.

2 For they shall soone be cut downe like the grasse; and wither as the greene herbe.

3 Trust in the Lord, and do good, so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verely thou shalt be fed.

4 Delight thy selfe also in the Lord; and he shall giue thee the desires of thine heart.

5 Commit thy way vnto the Lord: trust also in him, and he shall bring it to passe.

6 And he shall bring forth thy righteousnes as the light, and thy iudgement as the noone day.

7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thy selfe because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked deuices to passe.

8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thy selfe in any wise to doe euill.

9 For euil doers shall be cut off: but those that waite vpon the Lord, they shall inherite the earth.

10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not bee: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.

11 But the meeke shall inherite the earth: and shall delight themselues in the abundance of peace.

12 The wicked plotteth against the iust, and gnasheth vpon him with his teeth.

13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is comming.

14 The wicked haue drawen out the sword, and haue bent their bow to cast downe the poore and needy, and to slay such as be of vpright conuersation.

15 Their sword shall enter into their owne heart, and their bowes shall be broken.

16 A little that a righteous man hath, is better then the riches of many wicked.

17 For the armes of the wicked shall be broken: but the Lord vpholdeth the righteous.

18 The Lord knoweth the dayes of the vpright: and their inheritance shall be for euer.

19 They shall not be ashamed in the euill time: and in the dayes of famine they shalbe satisfied.

20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the Lord shall be as the fat of lambes: they shall consume: into smoke shall they consume away.

21 The wicked borroweth, and payeth not againe: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giueth.

22 For such as be blessed of him, shall inherite the earth: and they that be cursed of him, shalbe cut off.

23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.

24 Though hee fall, he shall not be vtterly cast downe: for the Lord vpholdeth him with his hand.

25 I haue bene yong, and now am old; yet haue I not seene the righteous forsaken, nor his seede begging bread.

26 He is euer mercifull, and lendeth: and his seede is blessed.

27 Depart from euill, and doe good; and dwell for euermore.

28 For the Lord loueth iudgement, and forsaketh not his Saints, they are preserued for euer: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

29 The righteous shall inherite the land, and dwell therein for euer.

30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisedome; and his tongue talketh of iudgement.

31 The Law of his God is in his heart: none of his steps shall slide.

32 The wicked watcheth the righteous, and seeketh to slay him.

33 The Lord will not leaue him in his hand, nor condemne him when he is iudged.

34 Wait on the Lord, and keepe his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.

35 I haue seene the wicked in great power: and spreading himselfe like a greene bay tree.

36 Yet he passed away, and loe he was not: yea, I sought him, but hee could not be found.

37 Marke the perfect man, and behold the vpright: for the end of that man is peace.

38 But the transgressours shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shalbe cut off.

39 But the saluation of the righteous is of the Lord: he is their strength in the time of trouble.

40 And the Lord shall helpe them and deliuer them: he shall deliuer them from the wicked, and saue them because they trust in him.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:43 am
Psalms
Chapter 38

1 A Psalme of Dauid, to bring to remembrance. O Lord, rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.

2 For thine arrowes sticke fast in me; and thy hand presseth me sore.

3 There is no soundnesse in my flesh, because of thine anger: neither is there any rest in my bones, because of my sinne.

4 For mine iniquities are gone ouer mine head: as an heauy burden, they are too heauie for me.

5 My wounds stinke, and are corrupt: because of my foolishnesse.

6 I am troubled, I am bowed downe greatly; I goe mourning all the day long.

7 For my loynes are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundnesse in my flesh.

8 I am feeble and sore broken; I haue roared by reason of the disquietnesse of my heart.

9 Lord, all my desire is before thee: and my groning is not hid from thee.

10 My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eies, it also is gone from me.

11 My louers and my friends stand a loofe from my sore: and my kinsmen stand a farre off.

12 They also that seeke after my life, lay snares for me: and they that seeke my hurt, speake mischieuous things, and imagine deceits all the day long.

13 But I, as a deafe man, heard not; and I was as a dumbe man that openeth not his mouth.

14 Thus I was as a man that heareth not; and in whose mouth are no reproofes.

15 For in thee, O Lord, doe I hope: thou wilt heare, O Lord my God.

16 For I said, heare me, least otherwise they should reioyce ouer me: when my foot slippeth, they magnifie themselues against me.

17 For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me.

18 For I will declare mine iniquitie; I will be sory for my sinne.

19 But mine enemies are liuely, and they are strong: and they that hate mee wrongfully, are multiplied.

20 They also that render euill for good, are mine aduersaries: because I follow the thing that good is.

21 Forsake me not, O Lord: O my God, be not farre from me.

22 Make haste to helpe mee, O Lord my saluation.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:11 am
Psalms
Chapter 39

1 To the chiefe Musician, euen to Ieduthun, A Psalme of Dauid. I sayd, I will take heede to my waies, that I sinne not with my tongue: I will keepe my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.

2 I was dumbe with silence, I held my peace, euen from good, and my sorrow was stirred.

3 My heart was hot within mee, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue.

4 Lord, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my dayes, what it is: that I may know how fraile I am.

5 Behold, thou hast made my dayes as an hand breadth, and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily euery man at his best state is altogether vanitie. Selah.

6 Surely euery man walketh in a vaine shew: surely they are disquieted in vaine: he heapeth vp riches, and knoweth not who shall gather them.
7 And now Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee.

8 Deliuer me from all my transgressions: make mee not the reproch of the foolish.

9 I was dumbe, I opened not my mouth; because thou diddest it.

10 Remooue thy stroke away from mee: I am consumed by the blowe of thine hand.

11 When thou with rebukes doest correct man for iniquitie, thou makest his beautie to consume away like a moth: surely euery man is vanitie. Selah.

12 Heare my prayer, O Lord, and giue eare vnto my crie, hold not thy peace at my teares: for I am a straunger with thee, and a soiourner, as all my fathers were.

13 O spare me, that I may recouer strength: before I goe hence, and be no more.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:14 am
Psalms
Chapter 40

1 To the chiefe Musician, A Psalme of Dauid. I waited patiently for the Lord, and he inclined vnto me, and heard my crie.

2 He brought me vp also out of an horrible pit, out of the mirie clay, and set my feete vpon a rock, and established my goings.

3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, euen praise vnto our God: many shall see it, and feare, and shall trust in the Lord.

4 Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his truste: and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turne aside to lies.

5 Many, O Lord my God; are thy wonderfull workes which thou hast done, and thy thoughts, which are to vs ward: they cannot be reckoned vp in order vnto thee: if I would declare and speake of them, they are moe then can be numbred.

6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire, mine eares hast thou opened: burnt offering and sinne-offering hast thou not required.

7 Then sayd I, Loe, I come: in the volume of the booke it is written of me:

8 I delight to doe thy will, O my God: yea thy lawe is within my heart.

9 I haue preached righteousnesse in the great congregation: loe, I haue not refrained my lippes, O Lord, thou knowest.

10 I haue not hid thy righteousnesse within my heart, I haue declared thy faithfulnesse and thy saluation: I haue not concealed thy louing kindnesse, and thy truth, from the great congregation.

11 With-hold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O Lord: let thy louing kindnesse, and thy trueth continually preserue me.

12 For innumerable euils haue compassed me about, mine iniquities haue taken hold vpon me, so that I am not able to looke vp: they are moe then the haires of mine head, therefore my heart faileth me.

13 Be pleased, O Lord, to deliuer me: O Lord, make haste to helpe me.

14 Let them be ashamed and confounded together, that seeke after my soule to destroy it: let them be driuen backward, and put to shame, that wish me euill.

15 Let them be desolate, for a reward on their shame, that say vnto me, Aha, aha!

16 Let all those that seeke thee, reioyce and bee glad in thee: let such as loue thy saluation, say continually, The Lord be magnified.

17 But I am poore and needy, yet the Lord thinketh vpon me: thou art my helpe and my deliuerer, make no tarrying, O my God.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:16 am
Psalms
Chapter 41

1 To the chiefe Musician. A Psalme of Dauid. Blessed is he that considereth the poore; the Lord will deliuer him in time of trouble.

2 The Lord will preserue him, and keepe him aliue, and he shall be blessed vpon the earth; and thou wilt not deliuer him vnto the will of his enemies.

3 The Lord will strengthen him vpon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sicknesse.

4 I sayd, Lord be mercifull vnto me, heale my soule, for I haue sinned against thee.

5 Mine enemies speake euill of me: when shall hee die, and his name perish?

6 And if hee come to see me, he speaketh vanity: his heart gathereth iniquitie to it selfe, when he goeth abroad, he telleth it.

7 All that hate me, whisper together against me; against me doe they deuise my hurt.

8 An euill disease, say they, cleaueth fast vnto him; and now that he lyeth, he shall rise vp no more.

9 Yea mine owne familiar friend in whom I trusted, which did eate of my bread, hath lift vp his heele against me.

10 But thou, O Lord, be mercifull vnto mee, and raise me up vp that I may requite them.

11 By this I know that thou fauourest me: because mine enemie doeth not triumph ouer me.

12 And as for me, thou vpholdest me in mine integritie; and settest me before thy face for euer.

13 Blessed bee the Lord God of Israel, from euerlasting, and to euerlasting. Amen, and Amen.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:49 am
Psalms
Chapter 42

1 To the chiefe Musician, Maschil, for the sonnes of Korah. As the Hart panteth after the water brookes, so panteth my soule after thee, O God.

2 My soule thirsteth for God, for the liuing God: when shall I come and appeare before God?

3 My teares haue bene my meate day and night; while they continually say vnto me, Where is thy God?

4 When I remember these things, I powre out my soule in mee; for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God; with the voyce of ioy and praise, with a multitude that kept holy day.

5 Why art thou cast downe, O my soule, and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God, for I shall yet praise him for the helpe of his countenance.

6 O my God, my soule is cast downe within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Iordane, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Missar.

7 Deepe calleth vnto deepe at the noyse of thy water-spouts: all thy waues, and thy billowes are gone ouer me.

8 Yet the Lord will command his louing kindnes in the day time, and in the night his song shalbe with me, and my prayer vnto the God of my life.

9 I will say vnto God, My rocke, why hast thou forgotten me? why goe I mourning, because of the oppression of the enemy?

10 As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproch mee: while they say dayly vnto me, Where is thy God?

11 Why art thou cast downe, O my soule? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God, for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:23 am
Psalms
Chapter 43

1 Iudge mee, O God, and plead my cause against an vngodly nation; O deliuer me from the deceitfull and vniust man.

2 For thou art the God of my strength, why doest thou cast me off? why goe I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

3 O send out thy light & thy trueth; let them leade mee, let them bring mee vnto thy holy hill, and to thy Tabernacles.

4 Then will I goe vnto the Altar of God, vnto God my exceeding ioy: yea vpon the harpe will I praise thee, O God, my God.

5 Why art thou cast downe, O my soule? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God, for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:06 am
Psalms
Chapter 44

1 To the chiefe Musician for the sonnes of Korah. Wee haue heard with our eares, O God, our fathers haue told vs, what worke thou didst in their dayes, in the times of old.

2 How thou didst driue out the heathen with thy hand, & plantedst them; how thou didst afflict the people, and cast them out.

3 For they got not the land in possession by their owne sword, neither did their owne arme saue them: but thy right hand, and thine arme, and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a fauour vnto them.

4 Thou art my King, O God: command deliuerances for Iacob.

5 Through thee will wee push downe our enemies: through thy Name will wee tread them vnder that rise vp against vs.

6 For I will not trust in my bow, neither shall my sword saue me.

7 But thou hast saued vs from our enemies, and hast put them to shame that hated vs.

8 In God we boast all the day long: and praise thy Name for euer. Selah.

9 But thou hast cast off and put vs to shame; and goest not forth with our armies.

10 Thou makest vs to turne backe from the enemie: and they which hate vs, spoile for themselues.

11 Thou hast giuen vs like sheepe appointed for meate: and hast scattered vs among the heathen.

12 Thou sellest thy people for nought, and doest not increase thy wealth by their price.

13 Thou makest vs a reproch to our neighbours, a scorne and a derision to them that are round about vs.

14 Thou makest vs a by-word among the heathen: a shaking of the head among the people.

15 My confusion is continually before me, and the shame of my face hath couered me.

16 For the voice of him that reproacheth, and blasphemeth: by reason of the enemie and auenger.

17 All this is come vpon vs; yet haue wee not forgotten thee, neither haue we dealt falsly in thy couenant.

18 Our heart is not turned backe: neither haue our steps declined from thy way,

19 Though thou hast sore broken vs in the place of dragons, and couered vs with the shadow of death.

20 If wee haue forgotten the name of our God, or stretched out our hands to a strange God:

21 Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart.

22 Yea for thy sake are wee killed all the day long: wee are counted as sheepe for the slaughter.

23 Awake, why sleepest thou, O Lord? arise, cast vs not off for euer.

24 Wherefore hidest thou thy face? and forgettest our affliction, and our oppression?

25 For our soule is bowed downe to the dust; our belly cleaueth vnto the earth.

26 Arise for our helpe, and redeeme vs for thy mercies sake.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:35 am
Psalms
Chapter 45

1 To the chiefe Musician vpon Shoshannim, for the sonnes of Korah, Maschil: a song of loues. My heart is inditing a good matter: I speake of the things which I haue made, touching the King: my tongue is the penne of a ready writer.

2 Thou art fairer then the children of men: grace is powred into thy lips: therfore God hath blessed thee for euer.

3 Gird thy sword vpon thy thigh, O most mightie: with thy glory and thy maiestie.

4 And in thy maiestie ride prosperously, because of trueth and meekenes, and righteousnesse: and thy right hand shall teach thee terrible things.

5 Thine arrowes are sharpe in the heart of the Kings enemies; whereby the people fall vnder thee.

6 Thy throne (O God) is for euer and euer: the scepter of thy kingdome is a right scepter.

7 Thou louest righteousnesse, and hatest wickednesse: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oyle of gladnesse aboue thy fellowes.

8 All thy garments smell of myrrhe, and aloes, and cassia: out of the Iuorie palaces, whereby they haue made thee glad.

9 Kings daughters were among thy honourable women: vpon thy right hand did stand the Queene in golde of Ophir.

10 Hearken (O daughter) and consider, and incline thine eare; forget also thine owne people, and thy fathers house.

11 So shall the king greatly desire thy beautie: for he is thy Lord, and worship thou him.

12 And the daughter of Tyre shall be there with a gift, euen the rich among the people shall intreate thy fauour.

13 The kings daughter is all glorious within; her clothing is of wrought gold.

14 She shall bee brought vnto the king in raiment of needle worke: the virgins her companions that followe her, shall be brought vnto thee.

15 With gladnesse and reioycing shall they be brought: they shall enter into the kings palace.

16 In stead of thy fathers shall bee thy children, whom thou mayest make princes in all the earth.

17 I will make thy name to bee remembred in all generations: therefore shall the people praise thee for euer and euer.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:02 am
Psalms
Chapter 46

1 To the chiefe Musician for the sonnes of Korah, a song vpon Alamoth. God is our refuge and strength: a very present helpe in trouble.

2 Therfore will not we feare, though the earth be remoued: and though the mountaines be caried into the midst of the sea.

3 Though the waters thereof roare, and be troubled, though the mountaines shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

4 There is a riuer, the streames wherof shall make glad the citie of God: the holy place of the Tabernacles of the most High.

5 God is in the midst of her: she shal not be moued; God shall helpe her, and that right early.

6 The heathen raged, the kingdomes were mooued: he vttered his voyce, the earth melted.

7 The Lord of hosts is with vs; the God of Iacob is our refuge. Selah.

8 Come, behold the workes of the Lord, what desolations hee hath made in the earth.

9 He maketh warres to cease vnto the end of the earth: hee breaketh the bow, and cutteth the speare in sunder, he burneth the chariot in the fire.

10 Be stil, and know that I am God: I will bee exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

11 The Lord of hosts is with vs; the God of Iacob is our refuge. Selah.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:12 am
Psalms
Chapter 47

1 To the chiefe musician, a psalme for the sonnes of Korah. O Clap your hands (all ye people:.) shoute vnto God with the voyce of triumph:

2 For the Lord most high is terrible; he is a great King ouer all the earth.

3 Hee shall subdue the people vnder vs, and the nations vnder our feet.

4 He shall chuse our inheritance for vs, the excellencie of Iacob whom hee loued. Selah.

5 God is gone vp with a shout, the Lord with the sound of a trumpet.

6 Sing praises to God, sing praises: sing praises vnto our King, sing praises.

7 For God is the King of all the earth, sing ye praises with vnderstanding.

8 God reigneth ouer the heathen: God sitteth vpon the throne of his holinesse.

9 The princes of the people are gathered together, euen the people of the God of Abraham: for the shields of the earth belong vnto God: hee is greatly exalted.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games