Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]
Spastic Spazzing Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 356 357 358 359 360 361 363 364 365 366 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 pm
Queen Spazzy

I feel bad for the elder cat, she just wants to relax beside her humans (the trio of this household normally.) but thanks to the young and the kind of dumb energetic pup Val, Cappi can't be out here for even saying hello for a second which to me is scary when she's sitting past the age of sometimes a cat could leave the living world. (So far she's seeming to be the longer life one and I hope she stays that way; Not just cause I don't want her passing on in general >let alone stuck in my bedroom thanks to a giant puppy.<, but also because I do not want her leaving her owner behind when she could be closer to him as losing an older pet myself in a situation like this one we got now it sucks.)
And getting blunt my family being here this long is one of a many reasons I hate to say I'm related to some of my own family members, the other I ranted about before in older times is they're a lot of gold digger like members. (And this group feels like it'll be a both of those, as they seem to be camping here forever until Vince *Mike's friend* gets rich in June ??? time, and then they will move out of here from their RV. xp I know moving is a bish & she wants to keep her army of kiddos safe but bit of me is all "Woman if you got a decent spot of living, DO NOT RUN AWAY FROM IT IF AUSTIN FINDS OUT WHERE YOU LIVE & FRAKEN STAY AND MURDER THE MF IF HE SHOWS UP cause then it's a self defense kill you have literal proof in papers and text from him and some old friends of Austin's threats that I'm 150% sure the police would understand why there is now a fresh corpse of Austin on your front lawn or back one maybe in your home idk and really idc you got rights in my mind to defend like that & if America fails you by saying you did bad, I'll personally break you out & we'll go on the lamb together til we find a safe haven or American law enforcement stops being stupid by then.

Moving on though from some people of my family stress me out a lot, and get me to have a lot of anxiety attacks... I know dogs no matter size train the same but I think the reality of my case is idk how long Val been "trained" how she has been with Mike & them so I'm personally actually fearful of what will occur if big doggo fear kicks in and she snaps into defensive mode even if I just hold my hand in front of her saying "NO!!" firmly for her acting up as she flinches each time expecting Mike & theirs' "training" smacks. (And with all of them still doing that "training" for Valkyrie still, ngl I worry too much that she is about to snap down here even if it's a lot of time to happen, cause atm she's flinching from all of us in the house normal just normally actually training her by saying a firm no and doing the scolding point.)

I wish I had money to buy things atm to easily go making pizzas, but since 2021 I've been cash effed & finding work for myself in town here even thanks to my kind action of dropping out of high school to care for a father with Alzheimer's is a pita. (And in my darkest hardest times of the duo mix of moods it makes me regret doing it at all, cause like my older siblings whom could've come to help at any time easily for literally nothing was stopping them at all minus their personal goals, I could've been the same exact way and been all "I may be 17 almost 18 & not understand fully what is up but do understand there is an issue with my father whom cared for me all of my life now, but let's ignore the fact his health is awful that he's had me called into the office in high school over things happening to him that driven me to worry more each day & instead do what we want." just like they did.) But even if I am the Slytherin many think would pick their goals over taking care of their own caretakers in their time of need (cause dumb fans of Wizarding world stereotypes.) I could never actually do such a thing!!! Unless they did me highly wrong then maybe I'd probably do so then, cause why bother caring for those whom never cared for you? (seems mean to some maybe but honestly I feel this is the case, if one has been so mean or uncaring towards you why not be a stickler and not help them when they need help?)

I hope I'm good with kids some... I wont deny I didn't fly off the hinges some times especially when Aaron broke a food container and laughed about it while waving his bared arse at us simply because we said no video games as it was dinner and then bed for the kids. (cause the parents suck at timing their meals some days and we can eat at hours like Dinner at 11pm or dinner at 2am.)
But honestly when a cocky boy like Aaron does that to me & his older sister whom doesn't care how adults handle shiz much honestly, how could I not feel the need to be all "Okay you're getting the big boot up there and we'll see if you shove forward into the cabinets." then proceed to actually do it and smirk at him while saying you warned him when he looks at you like 'why did you do that?'  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:34 am
Tobi Kaito

Well, if she still WANTS to come out and see people, I don't think you have much to worry about on the mortality front just yet. Like, if a cat still wants to socialize like normal, and eats, drink, does the necessities of life the same as always, they've generally got time yet to stick around. It's when they stop eating or get unusually withdrawn/lethargic you want to start worrying. In all fairness, though, indoor cats tend to live fairly long lives, like 15+ years. Even most of my indoor/outdoor cats have lived to 12+ years. Think the shortest lived among them was about 6 years, I want to say, and that was just because they wandered too far and were either stolen or eaten by coyotes. (Coyotes are a big problem back in my hometown. It's legal to kill them on sight there.)

I get that, one hundred percent, I hate admitting I'm related to my blood kin when they get all snobby/uppity. Or when they say really stupid, ableist gobshite. Gonna laugh at the "law enforcement stops being stupid bit" though 'cause I just don't see it ever happening. But if she's a pretty woman, lenience would be on her side and she'd get out pretty fast if they didn't rule in her favor, statistically speaking, at least, if that helps. The one time sexism is on your side. Otherwise, well, just live off the grid, or go somewhere that doesn't an extradition treaty with the States, or that has a favorable extradition agreement. (Not, of course, that I'm condoning or encouraging anything that may not be legal, but in the event you needed to be able to argue your case without potential unfair treatment from the judicial system, well...)

Ugh, reaction like that to even gentle reinforcement indicates they've been physical with her long enough for her to have a learned response to even tone of voice or certain movements. And just... I dunno, I feel like people like that deserve to be treated the same way they treat a DEFENSELESS ANIMAL. And it's really no wonder some of the kids are the way are if the only attention they can generally expect to receive is negative attention. (Because if that's how a person treats a dog, you can expect about the same treatment of their children, in my experience. Kind of like how they say women shouldn't marry anyone that treats cats poorly because they'll treat women the same way.) Blegh, I just... really don't like most humans.

If you have any non-chain restaurants in the area, dishwasher or line cook are positions that are pretty easy to get into! And food service industry tends to be chronically short-staffed. Biggest downside is a lot of places don't offer great wages, and if you don't have much experience, you'll want to choose a really casual place that won't ask you to stage (basically like trying out for a sports team, but with cooking to see if you can handle and fit into the kitchen; this would only be if you sought to be on the line, though, dishwashing requires no stage), or at least won't ask you stage beyond whatever your experience limits are (like if you don't know the hard line differences between cooking a rare and medium steak, you don't want a place that will need you to able to cook steak like that). There also aren't really any hard limits on necessary education in kitchens. Ex-con that never finished high school? We can't let you interact with the public, but you're welcome in our dish pit! Kid that's still in high school and looking to earn some extra cash? Can't hire you full-time, what with laws of minor employment and all that, but we can use you a couple nights a week! Alternatively, if you don't mind baking, a little cafe might be to your tune. (My beau hates baking. Is perfectly competent with it, just hates it, I think most days he'd rather dislocate a finger again and still have a whole night of work ahead of him than have to do any baking.) I'd also like to say maybe give a public library a try, but they usually do have education requirements along the lines of "have completed at least some post-secondary." Suppose you could always look into it still, worst you get is a confirmation of their requirements. And if it really bothered you, you could always seek out an equivalency certification, though that doesn't really improve employability or anything.

Well, I suppose you can look at it like this, if the kids like you well enough, you're probably doing an okay job. I think I'm awful with kids because when parenting instincts were being handed out, I'm pretty sure I was skipped. Just, no child-rearing instinct or desire in me whatsoever in my entire life. But, kids absolutely ADORE me, no matter how uncomfortable I am around them. My uncle's kids? Unfathomable love for me. They'd bring me snacks and stuff just because they thought I'd like it and wanted to hang out with me. Before I moved up to live with them, his blood-related daughter (he has a step-daughter, too, who treats our family more like her own than she does her blood kin, even though her mom is divorced from him now) tried to barricade the door to keep me and my mom from leaving once. Even when they're wee, before they can even walk and talk, kids love me and want me to hold and interact with them, even though babies make me feel intense anxiety. It's really weird... Like, when they're a bit older and starting to come into their own, I get it a little more, because I treat them how I wanted to be treated as a kid (like a person with autonomy who had their own preferences and could make their own decisions), and I still have a huge childish streak and am very good at playing pretend. I'm also astoundingly patient and pretty hard to anger, so I don't jump to "punishment phase" as quickly as a lot of people seem to do. But babies, I just don't understand it, I'm a giant blob of awkward and they still think I'm great...
But, uh, yeah, a lot of words to basically just say "haha, how do kids work??"

And in good news, I have completed The Great Music Transfer from my external today. It only took an hour. Sob. cat_crying And that's not including all the time I'm going to have to spend sifting through duplicates, updating album art and album info, and all the other obsessive file keeping stuff I do. Got my physical copies re-imported yesterday. Some discs read way faster than others, and I've yet to figure out why... I am missing several non-integral files, bit upset over the loss of a few of those, but I can recreate most of them easily enough. Really just have to re-copy photos from phones, and download copies of some of my artsy shite from the web and I think I'll pretty much be in full working order again.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:20 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Me, getting lost in the web of "housekeeping" my music files.
Because both my personal collection and my beau's collection were backed up on the same external drive, and we share a lot of music, there are SO. MANY. DUPLICATES.
Which, not a big deal really, already waded through the straight dupes yesterday.
No, what is a big deal is that I have a TON of Japanese music, with titles and artists written in kanji and kana, and somewhere along the line I wound up with dupes with corrupted song/artist/album information when they were written in characters that aren't the standard Roman script. Which makes tracking them down SO much harder, sometimes nearly impossible because every piece of information got corrupted and I only have the actual sound and track length to go on. This is going to be a long chore... Still haven't even started the task of tracking down all the album art I'm missing, either. =w=;

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:38 pm
house is startin to feel crowded as heck & my sanity is dying more than normal.  

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:22 pm
I see the aquariums are kind of fixed now. (I'll try to respond to mass chat when my family members are less in house atm cause snoopers over shoulders.)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:05 am
Queen Spazzy
Aye I'm glad Cappi still shows signs of life, but I still weirdly worry for no good reason. sweatdrop

My case is it's hard admitting to the fact I'm related to the few Earthlings whom picked to live their lives over coming over to help take care of our elderly since I was born father, especially when with them being older and of an older generation of Emmett Schooling or whatever other schooling they had (cause half siblings let alone my family in general has been around the globe some.) heard of or even learnt the signs of Alzheimer's unlike myself a good chunk of them when I finally found out told me they knew it & sent me into that inner monologue of "IF YOU KNEW WHY NOT HELP OUT FOR IDFK A THING UNTIL NOW!!!" but since work that would have let them take a few days off to help some way, or even life being lived like how they wanted was all more important I stepped up by ditching a mean school I been going and dealing with for years finally just to care for my/our elderly father.
But other than that it's rough to say you re in that family when that family is full of many other issues you've ranted/vented about before and some you haven't cause you're too embarrassed to share how messed up your life really is because back in your times of growing up in early 2000s you would be called an edge lord as people wanted to think you were lying out the arse trying to seem cooler by having a messed up life, & really whom could blame them? I half the time feel this all has to be fake too and I lived this messed up life with a kind of messed up family, been forced into kind of messed up things by family like attending a church that hated my guts for being born blonde haired and blue eyed along with being left handed the people "sanely" crucifued me (aka I was tied up onto a cross not nailed onto it.) back when I was about six as my older half sibling took me into said church trusting that church simply cause our aunt told him about it being a decent place that would love me. (Note of future learning this was the aunt whom I later in life from THE SAME half sibling learnt this aunt was talking to others during my mother's funeral about how was in Hell for she birthed a b*****d child like me that never should have been born cause the aunt was angry my mother divorced her ex-husband that never showed one of his kids any love simply for my older half brother Jon didn't live up to his biological father's idea of an ideal male/son, all while meanwhile my biological father his step father was fine with how Jon was and treated him like a man/son should be treated.) So it's honestly like "How did you know she was bad, and yet stupidly fell for a clearly obvious trap that was to torture me as a young child!?" >it only made me have a fear of not being what churches wanted me to be so when in the future when HP was being hated on by my new church I was afraid of being strung up again like that!!!<

It's a sad truth and thing tat when talking to my friend I got to use code words that are speaking of them like for any children of the six they're AoLO (Army of Lost Opportunities.) cause let's be real those kids have no chance in life being easy after you hear the other ones for others around those kids most their lives, back when he was a thing Austin as NF (take a guess it's easy.) but once Regina divorced him for reasons he became CP (also easy cause I vented about it in here long ago when it happened possibly cause I was being worried and stressed out.), Vince (Mike's bff/brother from another mother friend the AoLO call uncle Vinny.) is called Lazy Bones because he'll make the kids do his own chores/doesn't really watch the world around him and does his own s**t when he's suppose to be babysitting those kids, Mike is called Rage for he loves to shout, ground everyone for any reason, hit, and spank more than anything else for parenting & finally my own older than me by six years niece Regina is floormat because she let's any man in her life walk all over her and determine how to raise all of those kids.

Honestly after looking more at them I feel I'm a 1000% better than their own upbringings for those kids, and I do not feel I'm grand at all for watching/careing for kids. xp

Glad to hear things are doing well for the repairs. 3nodding

(sorry I'd say more on all of these things but this laptop is starting to hate me or gaia itself, as now it's doing a wait for page to reload thing on gaia every five seconds it feels like. gonk )  

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:09 am
sorry it's more april fools sent for the mass chat, I've fallen asleep as the family down here we been stuck with tires me out & due to our new neighbor with her two dogs she leaves outside that scream about it.. I been resting off and on horrible hours so any normal ones I could take I'll take.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:00 pm
Tobi Kaito

Eh, I think all good pet parents spend a lot of time worrying. Any time my cats are quiet for too long and not in my immediate sight I get worried and have to go track them down to make sure they're fine.

Yeah, I just... I don't understand people that would do that, leave a child and their father without any help but themselves when they KNOW something is wrong. Like, if something happened to my mom or she or my cousins needed help, I would uproot my life in a second trying to figure something out. (Have already had cause to offer to turn my whole life upside down for my mom, even, since my uncle's a jerk. Not that she accepted my offer to move in with us. So instead I had to set my in-laws on her to make sure she at least had good company regularly and people to help out if needed.) So, yeah, I just can't fathom how others can be so downright heartless like that. And things like what you've experienced with churches are a huge part of why I won't touch most places of organized religion. Dunno why everyone has to have these weird cult mindsets in every individual congregation. It's downright terrifying.

I remember having to write messages in code with my friends because of people/family trying to creep on my personal life. Even having to give nicknames to all my friends' accounts just so I wouldn't get in trouble for their username choices. It's really sad how gross and awful people can be, though. And while I can understand the mentality of choosing Rage as the "lesser evil" in an uncertain world where the next person to come along could be worse, and at least he's 'better' than the last, he's still very much Not Great. Like, really toeing that "abuser" line, in my opinion. Sadly not much anyone can really DO, there's no help that will stick if she doesn't WANT help, doesn't see anything as Wrong. Which really only makes me feel worse about the whole garbo situation. ;w; Rock, hard place, and all that.

I'm starting to think a person feeling they're "bad with kids" actually makes them way more qualified with kids than many actual parental units. 'cause it's like, we KNOW we're bad with kids, so we put in way more effort trying to live up to (usually our own) really high standards.

Thank you~ Everything is proceeding apace on the computer front for me! I've had to put in a bit of a fight with some things (like shifting iTunes from the small drive to the bigger drive; WAY more of a hassle than it should have been), but could be worse. Dug up some of the applications I thought I would have to download anew (a bunch of emulators I use for playing old games), so that was a pleasant surprise, was not looking forward to figuring out the PlayStation BIOS again. Went through another stack of physical discs yesterday; when I did my regular CDs I forgot about all the game soundtracks I had floating around in collectors' editions. Really not sure how people get by without actual disc drives anymore, I don't think I could function without my little portable drive. Sadly, one of the soundtracks (Hades) is lost in the ether because it was a digital download. And this is why I prefer physical copies. emotion_skull

As for the laptop, I'd wager it's Gaia, honestly. Been seeing a lot of complaints in the forums about ads causing all sorts of trouble recently. So if you don't already use an adblocker, I would DEFINITELY suggest using one, even if it's just for Gaia. (I'm personally quite fond of uBlock Origin, but I've also used Ghostery before, and it does a decent job, just not as customizable or, in my opinion, robust as uBlock, but it'll do in a pinch and is a bit easier to use.) And if you are using one, I suppose it might need to be tuned a little tighter, so to speak, to block things more strictly.

And no worries on not responding as often, or in as many words as usual! When sleep is scarce, you take what you can get when you can get it. Been there, done that, so I understand wholeheartedly.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:04 pm
Queen Spazzy

Aye I get that, I fear my own let alone other people's pets when they're in my home when the pet is too quiet or out of my sights. XD

Yeah I'm glad Regina left CP, but I feel bad she's with Rage whom is slowly becoming Abuser the more I see from him. xp I can say he's a decent person too just he has his own issues and pretty bad ones sadly though I understand he was raised the same way he's raising both the kids and the dog of his so maybe he's just sadly the monkey see monkey do type.

Codes can be fun but it sucks having to do them at times too ngl, it's like "come on just let me have my private DMs in peace and not lurk so I got to code."

Same.

I ay look into getting ad block for this laptop as the unresponsive message is annoying.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:32 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ignoring all the bad things of yesterday that happened atm (cause I'll both cry and be extremely pissed off about the major stupidity of now "Rage" is nicknamed "Abuser" for damn good reason. However when ready & feeling freer to do so I'll share what major bad things happened cause atm the guilty one could waltz inside and I do not want to be caught code naming him out cause I'll have to share kiddo names..)

Any ways I did a Werewolf The Apocalypse moon phases of birth to see werewolf auspices (class in WTA) of all of us down here.

Which goes like so.
Ragabash: Those born beneath the new moon are the tricksters and fools of Garou society. They challenge the Garou's traditional ways in order to help discard traditions that are outdated. Their tricks and pranks teach wisdom and humility to those who would listen. However, most Garou have little respect for the role of the Ragabash and consider them little more than pranksters. In addition, they also tend to be the assassins of the Garou, using Gifts to help them remain undetected.

Theurge: Those born beneath the crescent moon are the mystics and seers of the Garou. They have a natural affinity with the spirits and can speak with them, either persuading them to join their cause or forcing them to do their bidding like sorcerers. They are often associated with healing as well.

Philodox: Those born under the half moon are the arbitrators and judges of the Garou. They are charged with keeping the traditions of the Garou. However, they also strive for balance and harmony amidst the hot tempers of Garou. They are often jacks of all trades and can speak with the spirits almost as well as a Theurge, yet fight just as well as an Ahroun. The Philodox are the traditional leaders of the Garou.

Galliard: Those born beneath the gibbous moon are filled with passion that bursts forth in glorious song and hot tempers. They are the warrior-bards of legend taking time out from their art to fight and from their fighting to sing rousing tales or weave intricate stories. They are often joyous and make good company.

Ahroun: Those born beneath the full moon are the natural warriors of the Garou. No Garou is incompetent at fighting, but the Ahrouns excel at it. They often lead the Garou during times of war or when there are no Philodox in the pack.

As for the Quarter moon people they have it rough but also grand, for you'll need to see how visible (Illuminated) your moon is to determine the real class when a quarter moon to determine your "class" in WTA. (Cause normally the TTRPG so far still has no quarter moon auspice. Yet as I'm determined to find the creators and ask them if thy could make one or if they canon the below thing for the ideals to get quarter moon born people's auspices.)

Percent
Illuminated Auspice
-----------------------
0.0% - 12.5% Ragabash
12.5% - 37.5% Theurge
37.5% - 62.5% Philodox
62.5% - 87.5% Galliard
87.5% - 100% Ahroun

{I'm born under a crescent moon. Which may be kind of obvious as I colored it for a reason, multiple reasons really as most here were crescent moon born people; Myself, Aaron, Tyla, Lazy Bones, & sadly Abuser too... xp But still for our pack down here atm that's kind of amazing to me. Only other highest was for the quarter moon people the visiblity made almost all of them Philodox minus Floormat wanted to know CP's auspice too for just knowing and his was galliard like her normal moon phase, however we determined CP's really just stuck as being a human only for our werewolf world as we do not like CP at all obviously for obvious reasons.}

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:12 pm
Tobi Kaito

Oh dear, I'm not pleased to hear he's finally stopped toeing the line and has stepped over it. No pressure to talk about that, or anything else, if you don't want to do so! I'm always willing to hear you out if/when you're ready. You don't even have to give me names if that'll make you more comfortable, just give them each a number or letter or something like that and it'll work well enough for me. (I'm certainly no stranger to wanting to retain privacy, either for myself or someone else, so it won't hurt my feelings at all!) And yes, it really does suck having to use codes, especially in your own home.

Yikes, didn't realize Gaia had gotten THAT bad without a blocker. I'm really intense about trying to maintain privacy from gross, exploitative ad tactics/companies online, so I've not been on Gaia without an ad blocker in several years. Really hope it helps you if you go for one!

So, I'm a little confused by the moon phases used in Werewolf The Apocalypse? When they refer to a quarter moon, do they mean the actual moon phase called quarter moon, or do they mean the phases between full/new moon and the actual quarter moon phase? I'm guessing the latter, since "half moon" isn't an actual phase and presumably refers to waxing/waning quarter phase. Just, not super sure what the means for me, since I came into being the day after a quarter moon. Though if my conclusions are correct, I believe that would make me a Philodox? Which makes sense enough, of the five auspices I relate most to Philodox and Theurge.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:20 pm
Queen Spazzy
Tobi Kaito

Oh dear, I'm not pleased to hear he's finally stopped toeing the line and has stepped over it. No pressure to talk about that, or anything else, if you don't want to do so! I'm always willing to hear you out if/when you're ready. You don't even have to give me names if that'll make you more comfortable, just give them each a number or letter or something like that and it'll work well enough for me. (I'm certainly no stranger to wanting to retain privacy, either for myself or someone else, so it won't hurt my feelings at all!) And yes, it really does suck having to use codes, especially in your own home.

Yikes, didn't realize Gaia had gotten THAT bad without a blocker. I'm really intense about trying to maintain privacy from gross, exploitative ad tactics/companies online, so I've not been on Gaia without an ad blocker in several years. Really hope it helps you if you go for one!

So, I'm a little confused by the moon phases used in Werewolf The Apocalypse? When they refer to a quarter moon, do they mean the actual moon phase called quarter moon, or do they mean the phases between full/new moon and the actual quarter moon phase? I'm guessing the latter, since "half moon" isn't an actual phase and presumably refers to waxing/waning quarter phase. Just, not super sure what the means for me, since I came into being the day after a quarter moon. Though if my conclusions are correct, I believe that would make me a Philodox? Which makes sense enough, of the five auspices I relate most to Philodox and Theurge.

Being honest I'm also not 100% sure how it works when it does come to the quarter moon sadly, and that's mainly for the TTRPG only had the other moon phases.

I never thought it'd be that bad but borrowing my nephew's old laptop without ad blocker it shown how bad gaia got with ads, so I'm definitely going to get ad blocker.

Not too much to speak about other than saying my family is crazy & seems to sometimes pick up even worse people like Abuser or R's ex-husband CP. As for the insanity of why abuser got named abuser kid 5 strangled kid 6 which obviously is a really bad effed up thing for a five year old to do to his younger sister that is three years old, but imo it's not bad enough to have to also have to go give a five year old a black eye hitting him so hard in the eye for doing that. Spanking kid 5 seems the normal response not enough to bruise him on his arse too, but you def need to make it not a pleasant one all the same for him to understand and while you are spanking kid 5 be sure to ask in the moments about if he understands what he did wrong and why he is being spanked for doing it & perhaps when he understands all that give him just a time limit longer to let it drive in the lesson of "you harm anyone like this again, you're going get this punishment."
But I'm also not a parent so I never parented any kids & I'm going off of how I got treated as a kid if I did that. (I'm the youngest kid though so I would not even have that chance to do such a bad thing, but when it comes to raising kids I know for sure you should not go out of your way to bruise up kids for that's just wrong & you do not need to be the smartest person in the world to know/see that it is a bad idea to go bruise up children on purpose like that.)  

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:01 pm
Tobi Kaito

Well, I feel less silly knowing I'm not the only one confused by those moon phases! Just going by the "percent illuminated" table, I feel pretty confident actual quarter moon phase = their half moon, but who knows!

Wow, that's, uh, really not an incentive for new people to return to the site, or for long-time users to allow ads for them to receive ad revenue. Reading through a thread in the forums, there's definitely been something weird since they started the migration. According to someone else, without any ad blocking, the site will eat tons of RAM, which is definitely Not Great.

Yikes, yeah, that all is pretty crazy. And yes, certainly concerning that a five-year-old would decide to attempt to strangle their three-year-old sibling, but, well, the kid is five, I wouldn't really expect a kid that young to really understand the consequences of doing that. It also begs the question, where on earth did the child even learn to DO something like that? Because it's not the kind of thing a kid just picks up on a whim, likely they have to have seen someone else doing something like that to get the idea in their head. And to turn around and basically beat the kid for it? That is the sort of thing that reinforces the bad action, says "it's okay to hurt people." I get that with something like that, most people just react without really thinking about it, but that kind of punishment is overboard, in my opinion. It's something you'd really have to make sure to talk out once you've had time to calm a bit and aren't just being reactive, make sure the kid understands the consequences, and why they're being punished. Equally important, though, is to find out WHY it happened in the first place, why they thought it was okay, what happened to make them feel they could or should respond like that.
And, obviously, I am not a parental figure of any sort, either, but this is one of those things that I think should really go without saying. You don't just react with violence every time a kid does something wrong, not even if it's a BIG wrong. Like, it's simple psychology, and it's been studied and returned the same results over and over again; abused kids tend to go on to become abusing adults. So treat kids with care and love. It's not rocket science, I don't get why it's so hard for some people to understand it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:25 am
Queen Spazzy

Best choice we got for it cause really I got no clue, and I wish they would just have a quarter moon included on moon phases for an auspice.

Honestly no ad blocker on gaia is getting me to not wanting to log on anymore out of too annoyed by it all, and it sucks cause I would like to try to always be on if can do so for gaia is my home from home childhood nostalgia website. gonk

Honestly I think my own thoughts in that scenario kind of proved what occurs in adults, the whole "it is what would be done to me so I'm going to do it too." as I said honestly what would have happened to me with my father's parenting ways. (And when your dad is as old as your grandpa should be you can see how it's a bad thing growing up in many ways when there were punishments, heck my only upside was he would try while still beating my arse seeing why I thought it was okay to do something like that & etc.; I wont lie though it wouldn't shock me if the parenting methods I got was why when met with horrible teachers in the future I hit rebellion fast.)
So I'm chop it up to sadly adults (even good ones fighting the old ways done to them) do what was done to them most the time cause they don't know what to do. (I can say honestly I'd attempt to do well but I got no clue what to do really if a child was trying to murder another child. I just know I'm against giving the child strangling the other a black eye by punching them. As for punishing the kid idk what to do send in help. gonk )

*Being honest I'm scared to think where kid 5 learnt it was okay in his head to do all that. eek  

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:22 pm
Tobi Kaito

If I were actually playing that game, I get the feeling if we were all like "What's it mean? No clue!" we would probably just do the gamer thing and roll some dice, let RNGesus figure out. cat_rofl

Oof, yeah, I know I wouldn't want to be on Gaia without an ad blocker, so I get it. Honestly, if they'd just make a functioning mobile app with full features (y'know, forums, at least a game or two, PMs, avatar making; the stuff that makes it Gaia), I don't think nearly as many people would have problems with ads. I refused to use the old app after they changed some of the permissions for it, though. ("run at startup" uh, why, this is absolutely not an essential application on my mobile device???)

Pretty sure a lot of parents think that way, the whole "this is how I was raised, so it must be right" and they just go with it. When I interact with kids, I go the route of "how would I have wanted to be treated as a child" and decide my actions based on that, using a base of child psychology to help decide what punishments are appropriate when needed. So I feel like what I would have done would be to separate the two (obviously) and shut the offender in a different room on their own until I could think rationally and figure out what SHOULD be done, and not just what I FEEL I want to do in the heat of the moment. Which is kind of a subtle difference that many people don't care to differentiate, but I think it matters.
Which, you know, maybe I'm not right, either. I am, however, certain that further violence is not the answer.

(I also REALLY hate to think about where the kid learned it. All of the most logical sources are terrifying to consider.)

It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 356 357 358 359 360 361 363 364 365 366 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games