Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Movies TV Shows Books Comics
Dr. Who - a show for the truly decrepit Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Dr. Who?
I don't like anybody.
5%
 5%  [ 15 ]
Didn't he have something to do with pledge drives?
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
I don't watch medical shows.
2%
 2%  [ 7 ]
I heard he went crazy and lived in Obi-Wan's attic.
10%
 10%  [ 31 ]
Sure. Lots. Now gimme my poll gold.
24%
 24%  [ 74 ]
Exterminate! Exterminate!
56%
 56%  [ 168 ]
Total Votes : 300

Kimiko Strife

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:54 pm
Dr. Who is a good show, although I haven't been able to really watch the episodes lately. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:33 pm
I hoped that there was 'I don't watch it / I'm not familiar with it.' So had to put Exterminate.
I think it might be better in comics. If I get myself familiar with Dr. Who I will be doing it by reading, not watching. wink  

Veddhartha

luckygirl2113

Romantic Sage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:18 pm
I like the books that I've read. I haven't read any of the comics yet though. The next time I'm at the bookstore I'm going to get a couple, if I can find any there.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:29 pm
cheesy nipples

Dr Who was brilliant, the old TV shows. I like the new stuff too, David Tenant as The Doctor was a great choice. He's brilliant.

But, the old shows are classics, they'll always be my first choice.

Yes, Tennant is a genious in the role...
and I wish I had watched the old series. I've only watched the new series and that got me hooked biggrin  

Minapot

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:08 pm
These responses are lovely. Mostly because I've got things to say which might be helpful!

First off, MARVEL comics published Dr. Who for a few years. They were mostly stories featuring the Tom Baker Doctor, but the ones with the Sharon character in them were great.

These stories were mostly reprints from the earlier Doctor Who Magazine. But they're well worth seeking out, either in the original form (good luck with THAT) or the MARVEL comics reprints.

And as for YOU, Minapot. Please. Enjoy the show in whatever way you see fit! It's neat you want to see some of the reruns, and maybe they'll show some where you are (they're pretty nifty but the special effects are NOTHING like the new show... the wonkiness of some of the sets is almost as much of a guilty pleasure as watching the character of the Doctor evolve from crotchety old man into a sexy adventurer.)

So, I know there's people out there who look down upon "new series n00bs" but I think any kind of n00b is more valuable to any interest than us old-timers... just don't give the Doctor a cat.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:49 am
Harbone
So, I know there's people out there who look down upon "new series n00bs" but I think any kind of n00b is more valuable to any interest than us old-timers... just don't give the Doctor a cat.

Hey, what's wrong with Wolsley? smile I quite liked the idea of a TARDIS cat, usually ignoring the inhabitants completely, as cats do biggrin

DW  

Warnersister

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:40 pm
It comes from personal trauma, mostly.

Back in the day, I used to lurk on this site where people would tell Dr. Who stories, like one of those roleplaying threads.

Well, one of the big indicators that the story wasn't going to be any good at all was when the Doctor showed up as a bearded guy with a cat.

It just never scanned. I don't have anything against cats per se, but I think it's kind of an important failsafe in the Doctor's character to make him... well, not a cat person.

I still get the cold shakes remembering some of the stuff "bearded Doctor with precocious cat" would get up to in those threads.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:32 am
That I can understand then smile Just tell yourself the New Adventures aren't canon and you'll be fine biggrin

DW  

Warnersister

FallenSammy

Invisible Disaster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:34 am
Dr Who!!! Oh it is awesome i canna wait for the christmas special the last episode of the latest season made me cry so much... not sayin why for those who havent seen it! I saw it twice and cried both times... And i have to say altho i've not got such a good memory form watchin them when i was lil i do prefer the new ones and David Tenant is a god as Dr Who hehe  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:57 pm
::tries to control hyperventilation::
Still no news about Tenant leaving the show!
More important, no new season start yet!
::has withdrawal trembles::  

connielass

2,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

dolphin_gurl

6,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:06 am
There are whispers of who the new Doctor could be (after Tennant, whom I'm still upset about because will most likely be leaving after the upcoming season) and from my understanding of it, the one they have in mind could do it impecably well.

On other news, I just spent the weekend at a sci-fi/fantasy convention with lots of other Doctor fans, and I am only wishing I had more money for more memorabilia... Though the replication of the Tom Baker scarf (to exact measurements) was probably my favorite buy.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:42 pm
dolphin_gurl
There are whispers of who the new Doctor could be (after Tennant, whom I'm still upset about because will most likely be leaving after the upcoming season) and from my understanding of it, the one they have in mind could do it impecably well.

On other news, I just spent the weekend at a sci-fi/fantasy convention with lots of other Doctor fans, and I am only wishing I had more money for more memorabilia... Though the replication of the Tom Baker scarf (to exact measurements) was probably my favorite buy.

1- It just will NOT be the same without Tennant.
2- I hate you! I wish I could go to such conventions.  

connielass

2,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:00 pm
Yeah! I wish I could go to conventions, too!

I agree, the show won't be the same with Tennant, but I'm hoping it will be good no matter who replaces him. I mean, Tennant was a good replacement for Eccleston, and Chris was a fantastic Doctor! (What's wrong with this jumper?!?)

I just wish RTD hadn't got such rough treatment (only two stories out of FOUR GREAT seasons seemed particularly bad to me, and that's a great track record.)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:52 pm
dont diss doctor who I love his show  

wiccanwolf09

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:10 am
No one's dissing the show.

At least, not on this thread. New Adventures refers to some fan-produced stuff, I think, and no one's really dissed that... of course, I haven't seen any of the New Adventures stuff (but I heard some Big Finish shows and I liked those.)

Anyway, I think Doctor Who is strong enough for a LEEETLE dissing, no matter how much we all might like it.  
Movies TV Shows Books Comics

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff