Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:19 pm
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
History of Magic Professor
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson felt like blushing and rubbed the back of his head, setting the book aside for a moment. "Wow, the muggle way, huh? My mum would probably laugh at that one, seeing as she usually does things that way." He grinned as he started thinking about what happened over the summer. "Me, well I took a trip out to Rome over the summer. One of my buddies is working with a muggle dig, and he invited me out to check out what they were up to. They found this old temple that they think might have belonged to a noble, but from the way I see it, it probably belonged to a wizard."

----------------------------------
State: Distracted
OOC: ...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:25 pm
User Image
Cinq Moreau
User Image
Ghost and Ghouls Study Professor
Flying Substitute Professor
Former Hufflepuff

╔════════════════════════════════════╗

Uh? Did he hear it right? Someone spoke French! This was a rare sight for Cinq, since he has yet to meet and fellow French. He was only getting more and more excited for this school year. "Mon nom? Cinq Moreau. Êtes-vous une nouvelle enseignante ou une remplaçante?" He hasn't spoken French in so long! Of course he may have forgotten some things, but he could still speak and understand everything.

{OOC; Translation is "My name? Cinq Moreau. Are you the new professor or a substitute?"}

╚════════════════════════════════════╝

"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
~Amelia Earhart

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:32 pm
User Image

Christine LaJoie-Leveque
Temporary Professor of Potions

Christine chuckled a bit. "Un remplacement. J'ai repris l'an dernier lorsque le dernier Potions professeur n'était pas disponible. Et vous? Quelle classe enseignez-vous ici, ou êtes-vous un autre remplacement?"

((Translation: A replacement. I took over last year when the last Potions professor wasn't available. And you? What class do you teach here, or are you another replacement?))

-----------------------------------------
State: Curious
-----------------------------------------

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:42 pm
User Image

Mood: Excited
OoC: (( ))

Legilimency teacher/Wearing/Half-blood/ Former Hufflepuff

“Eraz Lupinuous I believe it was,” Allen replied smiling at the good-looking woman. It seemed most people here were friendly and helpful so he wouldn’t have to worry much. “Oh,” He turned back to Sandra as a new question came to him, “Did you go here for school or did you come from another?” Allen wondered if they had been enrolled at the same time and hadn’t even noticed it.

Lavi the Junior Bookman

Shirtless Genius

5,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:49 pm
User Image
Cinq Moreau
User Image
Ghost and Ghouls Study Professor
Flying Substitute Professor
Former Hufflepuff

╔════════════════════════════════════╗

"J'enseigne 'Ghost and Ghoul Studies'," he replied. "Et je suis un professeur suppléant pour la class de Flying." Speaking in French with flashes of English made his phrases sound awkward. He used the French version of how to pronounce the words rather than using actual English. He found it funny though.

Cinq wondered if any of the other professors paid attention to their conversation. Were they able to understand French? If so, then Cinq may just jump with excitement.

{OOC; At least I didn't make a Chinese-speaking professor. xP
Translation: "I teach blablabla. And I'm a substitute professor for Flying class."}

╚════════════════════════════════════╝

"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
~Amelia Earhart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:03 pm
User Image
User Image
Sandra Link
World Studies Professor
Former Hufflepuff
User Image

Thoughts: Oh the good old days.
OOC:

Sandra looked at all of the different Professor's and was a little over whelmed. She thought of how many classes there was in this school though and chuckled a little bit. Then she heard the question from Allen.

"Oh I was enrolled here as a Hufflepuff,"she said thinking of how long ago it was,"I am 24 now so I believe it has been seven years since then,"she said figuring out the math in her head."What about you handsome,"she said being a little flirtatious with the man.

User Image

User Image

User Image

xXmoonlight_madnessXx

Dapper Noob

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Lavi the Junior Bookman

Shirtless Genius

5,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:20 pm
User Image

OoC: (( ))

“7 years ago?” He though for a moment, “It was about 5 for me. I’m about 22 right now.” He blushed ever so slightly; he hadn’t realized that he was the younger one of the two when he had begun talking to her, but what could he expect. He was a child compared to a few of the professors that taught here. “We must have gone to school together for a while then,” He continued.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:29 pm
That's why I slipped out the back before you knew I was there
And I know the way I left wasn't fair

I didn't want to be around just to bring you down

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

The spider ought to have sent an owl by now, he growled under his breath, each thundering step echoed across the stone walls, his robes slashing into the air as armour heavily weighed down his broad shoulders and slimming torso. Gold eyes glittered passively as he surpassed under the mouth of the great hall, a dark, carnal handsome face shadowed by stubble across his chin and cheeks. Lusty golden perilous eyes absorbed the depth of every new professor, peering deep, pursuing light of truth into the eyes of each and every patron seated. With one lithe sweeping motion, Remington offered a bowing greeting, a mischievous smile that knew too much played devilishly at his lips as he slipped into a seat beside the rest.

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

I'm not a hero but don't think I didn't care

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:41 pm
Amata Harlowe
Professor of Mythology // Great Hall // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Regret Owens & other professors
CURRENTLY FEELING // Rushed
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I can't believe I was late!'
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

Professor Amata Harlowe entered the Great Hall quietly, slipping to the Staff table as silently as she could manage, hoping to draw as little attention to herself as possible. She'd been in her room, going over notes for her third year lessons, when she'd gotten caught up reading one of her favorite stories from her childhood. Needless to say, she'd lost track of time. She sighed as she approached the table, muttering to herself about being silly and not watching the clock. She looked up and spotted Regret sitting at the table, reading, which didn't surprise her in the least. She took a seat near him. "Professor Owens! Lovely to see you again!" She offered a warm smile, grabbing the goblet for the setting at her seat and took a quick sip. He seemed quite absorbed in his book, but he was the only person at the table she'd gotten to meet before the year started. She hoped he wouldn't mind; they did have a rather good history, in terms of making interesting conversation, so she was sure that he at least wouldn't find her boring.

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:45 pm
User Image
User Image
Sandra Link
World Studies Professor
Former Hufflepuff
User Image

Thoughts: Wow I must have never noticed him.
OOC: Sorry I was thinking of another character she is actually 24 not 28 scratch off four years.

Sandra smiled a little embarrassed she flirted with a man two years younger than her. Then she remeber what her mother told her one time, Age has no meaning because we are all young at heart, she quickly snapped out of this because she hadnt spoken to her mother since her first year at Hogwarts. She was also trully ashamed her mother was muggle even though she had studied the muggles in America for years.

"Yes we must have I am only two years above you,"she said with a flirtatious smile."Did you ever play Quidditch or do any special classes. I myself was never into Quidditch much, but I loved World Studies and the study of magical creatures,"she explained quickly.

User Image

User Image

User Image

xXmoonlight_madnessXx

Dapper Noob

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:48 pm
User Image

Regret ☂ Owens
Divinations Professor

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

Chatter, chatter, chatter. In English, foreign language, maybe even sign language if Regret was paying enough attention. All this chatter only aggravated him further. His restless mind thrashed about in agony as he wished for some quiet. He was sure though, that when the students come in, the noisy joy will only drive Regret insane.

He tightened his grip on the book he was reading as his palms started to sweat. He was frustrated indeed. If only he didn't show up so early. If only he had the guts to break the tradition! In the midst of his quiet outrage, the fuming mind that needed some release, he slammed his book closed so hard that a "BAM" echoed through the fairly silent hall. He sighed.

Having calmed down slightly, he suddenly realized what he had just done. The insuring trepidation didn't help Regret, however, as he started to apologize, "I'm-I'm sorry. I didn't realize- I mean... I'm sorry for suddenly slamming my book." He kept the tome close to his chest, successfully hiding the title and author.

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

ndure through the pain, to be rewarded with a gain.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:56 pm
User Image

OoC: ((Okay I’ll go back and fix my previous post ))

Professor Galewind thought for a moment. He hadn’t been in anything extra ciricular really, but he remembered going to many of the Quidditch practices. Not as an actual player, but for moral support for his best friend who had been a member of the team. He thought back to a particular memory from his fifth year when he had been a little shorter wearing that same school uniform with a stripped yellow Hufflepuff scarf. It was freezing and raining outside, but the team had insisted on practicing so he had sat in the stands with an umbrella watching his friend.

He shook himself out of the memory and returned to the conversation quickly, “Well I wouldn’t say I really did much outside of the core classes, but I went to just about all the Quidditch games and practices to support a friend. I did take Mind Magic as an elective from my third year and up and did a lot of extra research in it.”

Lavi the Junior Bookman

Shirtless Genius

5,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:57 pm
Pandora Thorne

Herbology Professor❦Head of Hufflepuff

User Image
╔══════════════╗

Pandora laughed at Grayson's comment about the roses. "How can you tell it belonged to a wizard? What if it was a noble wizard?" the woman asked. She really didn't know much about history. It certainly wasn't one of her favorite things to learn, but maybe if he had been allowed to go out and study things might be different.

╚══════════════╝
❝Those who seek peace above all else, they say, will always deceive to keep the water calm.❞

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:02 pm
Amata Harlowe
Professor of Mythology // Great Hall // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Regret Owens & other professors
CURRENTLY FEELING // Startled
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I hope he isn't have a bad night...'

User Image

Amata jumped a little in her seat when Regret suddenly slammed his book. He seemed rather frustrated about something... for a moment, she considered asking what was wrong, but, then, he hadn't been forthcoming with answer the same question at Hogsmeade when they'd met. He seemed to keep things to himself, mostly. So she merely took another drink, her eyebrows raised slightly. He didn't seem to notice her arrival or greeting, so she just sat there, feeling rather awkward. When he apologized, she wasn't sure if he was apologizing to her, or to the table in general. Unsure of what to do, she sat there quietly, waiting to see if he would say hello notice her.

(( OOC: ))

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:06 pm
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
History of Magic Professor
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson shrugged a bit, looking a bit thoughtful at Pandora's comment. "Well, sometimes it's a bit difficult. Some of the artifacts from it were magical, which had to be confiscated, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything, since wizards and muggles interacted regularly. However, this one had some runes that could coorelate to potential spells he might have been working on, which suggest a wizard at work." He took a deep breath. "That's one of the reasons why wizards need to go out to some of these dig sites. A lot of times, muggles had enchantments on their houses and such put there by wizards, and there were times when obvious signs of magic come into play. I think I've had to obliviate like twelve people before because of incidents of magic going awry."

State: Distracted

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games