Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Game Masters Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: writing, stories, character, development, feedback 

Reply Main Forum
The Official Welcome Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Avery Buchanan

6,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:38 am
Hello, just another new person here.

I used to write a ton, but over the last year or so, I haven't gotten past the 'oh, this is a great idea!' stage, so when I found this guild I thought 'Perfect! Maybe now I'll start writing again!'  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:51 pm
I actually joined a while before now >_> I like developing characters, whether it be my own or others'. I'm going to be blunt; I write well. Period. I'm not the average snobbish adolescent, rather I've been told on the accounts of others that I'm quite good and all that. Maybe I'll show you sometime.

But now I'm shooting up heroin tired. But it's good to be here anyway biggrin  

Key The Kid

4,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Articx-Frost

Unbeatable Raider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:30 am
Welcome new folk. The guild is running on skeleton crew right now because of NaNoWriMo, but that'll last till the end of the month before going away. Still, welcome.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:48 am
Welcome to you both biggrin
And Art's is right, place is quiet just now as folk are being hermits and writing novels all month. BUT it should still be ticking ovber and stuff, popping back into life in december :3  

Giyari
Crew

Shirtless Ladykiller

Avery Buchanan

6,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:49 am
Lol. I was gonna do NaNoWriMo... but I sorta forgot about it until last week. stare  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:45 am
I've given up on NaNo; I got hit with the inspiration stick, and between those and college I wouldn't be able to make it. :B  

VenusRain

Timid Guildswoman

8,350 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Avery Buchanan

6,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:33 pm
VenusRain
I've given up on NaNo; I got hit with the inspiration stick, and between those and college I wouldn't be able to make it. :B

I know what you mean. I started taking college classes and stopped writing almost entirely (except for the occasional few paragraphs for a new idea). Fortunately, as of about half an hour ago, I got an in with my History instructor. He gave me two of his old text books and told me that anytime I want I can email him for advice and to get his opinion on ideas for cultures and religions and stuff.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:45 pm
Got the new monthly item. 3nodding  

Articx-Frost

Unbeatable Raider

SaraDiva728

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:25 pm
Hello. I don't think I've had the privilege of introducing myself in this guild yet. I am SaraDiva728, but you can call me Sara if you like (or Diva, or SaraDiva, but I'm usually called Sara). I love writing, but have only taken it up seriously in the past year or two. I have many ideas but am hindered by laziness, weak vocabulary, and writer's block. I have written a lot of poetry and want to sell my work if I can find out how. This month I am participating in the NaNoWriMo (my first one) and I am keeping up so far. Bumming in the throes of unemployment gives me plenty of time for writing of late. And for reading, amazingly enough. So far, the only thing suffering right now is my Gaia participation, which is why this introduction is coming so late. I've only been on the internet five times this month, maybe. Anyway, thank you for having me. I appreciate your patience!!

Many kisses,
The Diva  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:11 pm
I don't think I've introduced myself yet. I'm nerdherd57. Call me Nerd.

I love to write. I tend to give my characters interesting names. (Atticus, Julius, Guy, a dude named Alexis, Rhiannon, Sloan, Xander, Sebastian, Larissa etc.)
I'm currently working on a 7 book series plus a prequel, as well as several ofther series and books.

I'd love to see one of my books made into a movie some day ( I can just SEE Josh Duhamel as Atticus)

Sometimes my characters drive me crazy. My brain won't shut up with what to do with them sometimes.

I'll usually stay up all night writing if I get the chance.

Quirk about me: Ideas seem to flow better when I watch anime. Dunno why, I think the art helps me think of what I want to say.  

nerdherd57

4,700 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200

Giyari
Crew

Shirtless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:36 am
Ello new peeps :3
Hope you have a good time in the guild (^_^)
It's a bit quiet just now with Nanowrimo going on and everything, but it'll pick up nearer the end of november biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:53 pm
Sweet. Fresh meat. Welcome.
Also, as one of the few crew members nota ctually doing NaNoWriMo, unfortunately, I can honestly say that I have no excuse to not be here as frequently as I have been, especially since I have a home computer now.

Oh, wait, yes I do. Skype and job searching.......

Either way, welcome. Have fun. Write stuff, get inspired.

But mostly, MAKE ME A SAMMICH!

AND THEN MAKE MY SAMMICH BETTAH!  

Demona McRae

Dangerous Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100

Mokomonko

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:00 pm
hi i've never roleplayed before but i do write a lot so i was hoping someone could show me the ropes. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:59 am
It's basically writing with manners, really.  

Drathi

Beloved Mage

welian

Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:35 am
Hey, that's what we're here for!  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash