Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Wonderland Project: Planning and OOCs - OPEN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Where do your loyalties lie?
  Gold!!!
  Long live the Queen of Hearts!
  Long live the Queen of Diamonds!
  I like toast.
  Long live the Queen of Clubs!
  Long live the Queen of Spades!
  To hell with them all!
  Don't know and have no opinion.
  *throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
  Loyalty? What's that?
View Results

Lia_Trovaras

Beloved Hellraiser

18,975 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:55 pm
Heey my spells pertain to the digital world only! gonk But my potions and boozy alchemy though is another story... ninja And despite our distance we have yet to officially meet. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:48 pm
Doesn't look like I'm going to make the Monday "deadline", but hopefully finishing the conversion isn't going to take that much longer. sweatdrop

I'm finding an additional hangup I'm having now {on top of all the rearranging and tweaking I'm having to do} is a problem of TOO MANY details. emotion_facepalm I had hardly any for quite a few chapters, then I started adding in more as I noticed the lack, but the problem is... I hate getting stuck in descriptions. As I've told others before, I don't really want to write a "book" that I wouldn't want to read, and when an author spends ungodly amounts of time describing things rather than just getting the ******** on with the plot, it annoys the hell out of me, so writing this chapter is starting to annoy me. stare I'll probably go back and cut a lot of things during editing after I finish converting. There are a few things that I definitely want in there for scene establishment, but including it all and trying to put in my own descriptions to mold the scene how I "see" it has just become tedious.

I need to find a balance of enough description to get the point across without feeling like there's more scene description than actual content. Too much description gives me flashbacks to when Oscar Wilde spent an entire chapter... AN ENTIRE ******** CHAPTER... just going on and on about the expensive s**t in Dorian Gray's house. ******** your expensive tapestries or whatever the ******** you're on about stressed Just get to the plot already, goddammit! scream *flips a table*

In a way, I think that was really part of the appeal of Lewis Carroll's book for me. He practically didn't have any description at all. Just content and narration.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:32 pm
*pans the screen*
The Picture of Dorian Gray  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:56 pm
And now I'm distracted by the Halloween event emotion_facepalm Damn event is actually somewhat amusing.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:13 pm
I warned you! I all out told you when I got involved it would be more complicated. talk2hand It’s my nature after all. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:26 pm
Of course. Nothing can ever be simple with you. I should give you a smaller role next time rofl  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:32 pm
I think you like the challenge.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:52 pm
Lia_Trovaras
Heey my spells pertain to the digital world only! gonk But my potions and boozy alchemy though is another story... ninja And despite our distance we have yet to officially meet. sweatdrop

I know... I rarely go near Tacoma, base traffic + Tacoma traffic makes me grrrr. Then again, West side Oly irks the whatsit outta me too. sweatdrop Lead, follow or get outta the way, got things to see and ppl to do... umm.... lol

One of these days I may make it to the Oly con, the crowd shouldn’t be so big that my ppl-claustrophobia kicks in. gonk  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Lia_Trovaras

Beloved Hellraiser

18,975 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:11 pm
For real. The only time I go anywhere near Tacoma is when I take the long route to Kitsap County where some of my friends are in Silverdale/Bremerton. Otherwise I've only been to Olympia once for hanging at a friends place (which I should do again soon it was nice there).  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:12 pm
Thank gawd I'm caught up! gonk Now I have to do some research on White Queens and Wonderland. Can't remember the last time I watched -anything- Wonderland so I'm severely out of touch with any type of plot. Any suggestions?

Oh and does anyone happen to know anyone wanting to sell Prima Donna del Canevale? Also, a little help with how to maneuver avi builder? sweatdrop  

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

Hauk Ulfr

Loyal Hellraiser

17,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:16 pm
Sadly neither of the girls have that item otherwise we'd happily just give it to ya.Not like gold really even matters anymore with the ricockulous influx here.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:08 pm
Sorry, I don't have it either. All I have to say about avi builder is that it's a royal pain. The only way I've been able to find anything is if I already know the name, or use a general description and sort through pages of stuff. cat_stare  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:48 pm
Thanks guys heart Yes, avi builder is definitely a pain in the a** stressed Definitely makes me miss the "illegal" one crying  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:00 am
k, think I'm done chasing p***y for the Halloween event now ninja Back to work on the conversion tomorrow I guess sweatdrop {... or rather, technically today..} So much for being back on schedule emotion_facepalm

Icy Reign
Thank gawd I'm caught up! gonk Now I have to do some research on White Queens and Wonderland. Can't remember the last time I watched -anything- Wonderland so I'm severely out of touch with any type of plot. Any suggestions?

My suggestion: don't worry about it. You just do you. This is our own version of things and the Queen of Spades doesn't exist in any iteration I've come across, so there's nothing out there for you to study and research to "play it correctly" since there is no "correct" way to play a character that was created just for our Wonderland.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:43 am
Icy Reign
Oh and does anyone happen to know anyone wanting to sell Prima Donna del Canevale?

I don't have that item, either.  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces