Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ☼ Cerise Shopping District
The Mushroom Kingdom Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:52 pm
User Image
Andromeda Hale

Making a soft humming noise as Prometheus looked over the paper she showed him, she nodded at what he said. "That certainly sounds fair." She could live with doing that, he was right, if it wasn't right, she could bring it back and they could try to figure out what the right one is. Taking the paper back and slipping it back into her bag, Andromeda smiled as she listened to him speak of his name, and his brother's name. It was true, though her sister's name was altered a bit, but it had the same sort of feeling behind it.
"My sister's name is Calista. Derived from the name Callisto. Isn't that a peculiar thing that we all have Greek oriented names." Leaning forward on her arms, she smiled at the thought of his brother's name, Hercules. Though if one thought too much on the origin of the man and story, it wasn't that pleasant. But it was still an interesting name for someone to have. She remembered when the stories were written. Greeks were truly interesting in the ways they wrote and perceived things. Shaking her head, a little to dispel the thoughts and bring her back to what was going on in front of her. Taking in the look of the man helping her again, she herself seemed to relax marginally as well, feeling a bit more comfortable talking to him.
Seeing the game place in front of her, she picked it up and looked it over before setting it back down, her eyes going to the phone he had placed down as well. Giving it a look of uncertainty, she turned her eyes up from it to him, doubting that this would be 'easy' for her. Paying close attention to what he said, and what he showed her, Andromeda's brows furrowed together in concentration. Pins. Online purchases. Bank information. Unlocking the phone? If it was possible for a human to look physically and mentally dizzy without having been spun around over and over again, Andromeda would certainly have that look to her. Blinking her eyes and taking in a slow breath, she tried not to give a nervous laugh, but it wheezed out of her anyway, showing her obvious discomfort with her inability. "I uhm...I think so..." She didn't want to flat out tell him no, since some things did indeed make sense. He was good at explaining things, like his understanding of the things seemed far more in depth than what her sister knew, but it was likely due to just having spent a lot of time with technology. "I hope I don't frustrate you too much...I've never been good with these things.." Her voice was small and clearly ashamed of her lack of knowledge. She was far older than him, she knew that much as there were not many people who could compete with her in age, but technology was something that even with being around as it developed and evolved, she'd never been able to grasp.

Mood: Neutral Location: The Mushroom Kingdom Thoughts: Maybe I can finally understand this... Company: Prometheus Money: 100$ OOC: It's so bad and I'm so sorry...My brain doesn't want to work right now.

tiny14xx2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:09 am
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Mushroom Kingdom | Company : Andromeda | Mood : A little more relaxed | Residence : 1321 Ombre Housing District | Profile : Here | Occupation : Clerk at Mushroom Kingdom | Status : Single | Voice Sample : Singing and Speaking | OOC : --

"My mother named him that in hopes that he could save me, like Hercules did for Prometheus from the Eagle. What my mother forgets about that is the fact that he didn't do it because he cared, it was because Zeus said he could and because it would look good for him as the great "hero"." Or that Prometheus was a symbol of tragedy striking when innovation reaches that point of being too far. While his personality and reach for knowledge match that of the tian he was named after, the person that Prom needed saving from was hurting him for existing. Or that Prom needed saving from himself sometimes too. But he scrubs that thought from his brain as he raises a brow. "Is your sister a bear?" It is a little curious that their parents would pick the name of the woman who had an affair with Zeus and was turned into a bear because of it. "I wouldn't be surprised if your mom's name was Artemis at this point."

Prom isn't entirely known for his patience, or being very nice with people. But when he is having his rougher days, and he sees someone else having a hard time with something, it might soften him around the edges a little. He might be a smart a** still, but he is at least less sharp tongued. So having her at least try to listen, even if it was beyond foreign for her, was what he needed to keep his patience. If it had been someone complaining while he was trying to teach, he would just get frustrated and back to the a*****e version of himself. But intently listening and trying to understand, he can work with that. It isn't everyday that he teaches something anyways. Seiji would be so proud. "It is okay if you don't know everything right away. You can just start with the basics to get you by. It is kind of important for you to have a fast method of contact with relatives, especially for situations like now. Where you can't read her writing well so you aren't sure if you have the right title for the game. If you knew how to call her, she could just tell you so you got the right one."

He sits up straight from leaning on the counter, tapping the phone with a shrug. "To be honest? If they didn't talk to me, I would have to learn them like everyone else. I just got lucky, if that is what you would call it, with an ability which lets me understand and sympathize with the tech around me. It makes things pretty easy for me when they basically map out their entire blueprint for me with just a touch."

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Wall Street 200

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:50 pm
User Image
Andromeda Hale

Andromeda made a face as she thought about what Prometheus said about his brother and why his mother named him that. It hurt her heart a bit at the thought, but she tried not to dwell on it. At this point, the man was a complete stranger, she shouldn't pry into his business. Perking a little at his question on her sister being a bear, Andromeda couldn't help the laugh that spilled from her lips, genuinely enjoying that comment as her sister could certainly have the personality of a grizzly. "Sometimes I wonder about it myself." Wiping a tear away from her eye, not accustomed to laughing so easily with strangers, she gave a gentle smile as she thought about her 'mother'. "Well, I'd say my mother is closer to the Goddess Gaea and Calista's father is more like Helios." The Goddess of Earth and the God of the Sun, Andromeda born of the Earth and Calista fabricated from the sun. Seemed fitting for the two of them. But as it was, neither of the two women had actual parents, nor were they truly related. But it seemed trivial now considering they've spent so much time together now.
As he reassured her that she didn't need to know everything right off, Andromeda let a small sigh of relief slip through her lips. She understood a bit of it, but it wasn't looking promising that she'd actually get it all before she walked out the door. She knew she'd have to repay him for his patience and kindness at some point. Regardless if it was just his job or not. She didn't think teaching old farts like herself how to use a phone was technically in his job description. Nodding in understanding though, it made sense that she should at least know the basics to deal with situations much like this. How they'd managed so far was a miracle. But it was normally because Calista liked going out herself versus sending Andromeda out to put her in more social situations.
As he sat up, Andromeda arched a brow at him, her eyes leveling on him curiously. They spoke to him? Did he mean cell phones actually spoke to him? As he continued on, Andromeda leaned in a little closer, her curiosity piqued. "Must you be touching them for them to speak to you? If not, is it...Loud?" She imagined it like the thousands of voices she heard from nature all day and night, getting to the point where it is simply white noise unless something seemed particularly stressed out. But with all her years walking this Earth, she'd never heard anyone possessing this kind of ability. But he smelt particularly human. Interesting. Blinking and backing away from the counter a step, she held up her hands in a placating way. "I'm so sorry. Please forgive my nosy nature. I've just never met anyone who possessed that kind of ability. And I've been around for a long long time." Rubbing her pointed ear a little sheepishly, she tried to keep the blush of embarrassment down. "A-anyway..." She cleared her throat as she looked back down at the cell phone. "I really do appreciate you taking the time to show me how to use a phone...I know it's probably not high on your list of things you'd like to do...So I want to repay your kindness." Andromeda managed to get through her wordy little speech without much stuttering or pausing. Calista would be so proud of her. "I don't know if someone like myself has much to offer, but even if it's a meal...Or something...." Looking away, Andromeda begged herself mentally to just stop talking. She was literally making it worse. Looking back at him wide eyed, she realized she sounded like she was propositioning him. "O-of course it's absolutely up to you! I'm sorry if I over stepped at all." Now she blushed, wishing she had stopped talking a lot sooner now.

Mood: Curious Location: The Mushroom Kingdom Thoughts: Interesting man... Company: Prometheus Money: 100$ OOC:

tiny14xx2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:00 am
x
x
x
x
sαтυяםαч, נαиυαяч ⑤тн

םαч ⑥ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ④⑤④
( ① чєαя, ② мσитнs, ③0 םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Dragon Ouragan

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 10:49 am
l SHEM l

User Image

"Try to knock some sense / Down in my bones / And even though they don't show / The scars aren't so old / And when they go / They let you know

You can't put your arms around a memory / You can't put your arms around a memory / You can't put your arms around a memory / Don't try, don't try"

☆═━┈ xxxx ┈━═☆
Hands you a Business Card Voice Recognition I'm S-single My Pad: 1424 Doux District My Role: Coroner
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

It had been a while since he and Hilda had met up. Last time had been the time at the fight club, right? He couldn’t remember much about it, all that fighting and blood horrified the little deathling to the point his mind had blocked out most of it. Had he cut people open and analyzed ever square centimeter of their innards? Yes. Had he seen the corpses of those brutally murdered? Yes. But that wasn’t quite the same as seeing the crime happening in first person. Did the police even know about that place? Was it his duty to report it? No, best not. He didn’t want that sort of clientele targeting him. Bringing home that sort of trouble would be such an annoyance for Solo. Fortunately, this time she had decided to go someplace a bit less fatal, at least less fatal for flesh and bone people. A fair number of pixels, on the other hand, well they would bite the dust repeatedly. The week had been quiet enough to grant him a free weekend, though as was normal he was still technically on call at all hours every day. For now though he chilled over at one of the machines, looking perfectly at home in an arcade with his black fitted jeans, black long-sleeve knit shirt, black hoodie, and bright red Converse high tops. Had to have some pop of color in there, people might think he was straight out of a black-and-white movie.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
Stiffs: No one Mood Meter: Depressed █▇▇▇▇▇█▇▇▇▇▇▇█ Manic Wearing: Out Of Corpses Sorry it is short and late.
☆═━┈ xxxx ┈━═☆
"Take the blade away from me / I am a freak, I am afraid that / All the blood escaping me won't end the pain / And I'll be haunting all the lives that cared for me / I died to be the white ghost / Of the man that I was meant to be"

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:46 pm
x
x
x
x
тυєsםαч, נαиυαяч ②②иם

םαч ② σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ④⑦①
( ① чєαя, ③ мσитнs, ①⑥ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:19 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Mushroom Kingdom | Company : Promullar | Mood : anxious | Residence : 1321 Ombre Housing District | Profile : Here | Occupation : Worker at Mushroom Kingdom | Status : Single | Voice Sample : Singing and Speaking | OOC : --

He feels like he should be receiving some kind of medal at this point. For being a great samaritan and awesome ex-boyfriend. Not only did he help his ex see reason to chase after someone else because they are in fact broken up and certainly not good for each other, but he also babysat the little one so the two could have alone time to talk their s**t out. Because if anyone deserves to have a relationship that is good, with someone who is good for them, it is Vladimir. He's happy for them, but of course part of him feels bittersweet about it. Probably the part deep down that wondered if he could be the good thing that Vlad needed when he managed to get his own s**t together. Now he is pretty sure he's lost out on something amazing because he is too busy throwing a pity party of one. "I can't believe he told me to try dating. Can you even imagine me doing that?" Promullar makes a skeptical sound, showing a picture of Prom giving a stink face, prompting the redhead to make a "see?" gesture at his phone. "It's just against the laws of the universe. I would botch any date I go on. I couldn't even date a guy properly when Vlad and I were on a break, and the only guy I dated was someone I was supposed to kill. Not exactly a meet-cute kind of situation." He pauses the conversation with his cellphone to help a customer dropping off a console for repairs before he is right back at repairing the game cube a 12 year old apparently destroyed.

"Part of me also wonders if I just wait it out for Herc to get here, if I won't feel so lonely anymore? Maybe I just need some kind of companionship. It doesn't have to be romantic?" That or he's just trying to find excuses to avoid having awkward conversations with his brother. Or with Yasu who keeps giving him those judgement looks that says they should talk and share their feelings. Like that is something that Prom isn't stunted on to the point that the highest mountain has nothing on level of his personal baggage. "I could run away? I could disappear again. He wouldn't be able to find me…" The phone yet again sends him the same face of judgement, making him regret ever adding pictures for Promullar to emote with. "Yeah, yeah. What do you know? You're just a phone."

The device makes an affronted noise and some beeping noises as if it were cursing him out and getting bleeped out. "Okay okay okay, calm down killer. I take it back, you are the bestest friend and how could I call you JUST A PHONE. My sincerest apologies oh great one. So stop with the hissy fit and text Vlad for me. Ask him if running away is a good idea."

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:36 pm
User Image
Andromeda Hale

It had been quite some time since Andromeda had ventured out of her house, but when she made the decision to go out, she was stumped on where exactly she could or even wanted to go. Stopping and getting herself a large cup of tea to go from the little coffee shop, she stared up at the sign for it as she stood outside and bit her bottom lip, then went back inside, her heart drumming heavily in her chest as she got a small coffee, made up fairly bland and thanked the person quietly as she exited the building again. Andromeda herself didn't drink coffee, but she sincerely hoped the person she was looking for did.
It was a short walk for her from the coffee shop to the small arcade she had visited before, where she still entered just as hesitantly as she had the first time. Her dark eyes looked about and she moved around the arcade games before approaching the counter, seeing a vaguely familiar head of red hair. She had caught the tail end of him mumbling to something, but she ignored it as it wasn't any of her business before clearing her throat and setting the small cup on the counter. "Greetings Prometheus, I hope you don't mind me dropping by, but I had yet to thank you for assisting me last time with my phone." She nudge the small cup towards him a little as she spoke before pulling her phone out of her pocket, giving him a small smile, "I'm happy to say I've managed to retain some of your teachings and have yet to break my phone." She'd spent too much time inside again and away from people. Her speech was strange and her voice heavily accented, but it was hard to place what exactly it was accented with.
Realizing she'd gotten ahead of herself and rambled a bit, she cleared her throat again, this time more of a way to chastise herself as she straightened away from the counter a little. "I apologize if I'm talking too much. I haven't been out for a bit and got carried away." Her expression was apologetic, and she tried to tamp down the growing embarrassment in her. She was probably far older than him, but she was acting like an excited child. Maybe she really did need to get out of the house more frequently.

Mood: Nervous Location: The Mushroom Kingdom Thoughts: Be calm, be cool... Company: Herself - Prometheus Money: 100$ OOC:

tiny14xx2

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:29 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Mushroom Kingdom | Company : Promullar and Andromeda | Mood : Excited and content | Residence : 1321 Ombre Housing District | Profile : Here | Occupation : Worker at Mushroom Kingdom | Status : Single | Voice Sample : Singing and Speaking | OOC : --

He knew that she was coming before she even appeared to get his attention. Being a guy with quite the bounty on your head teaches you to be paranoid and cover your bases. If he's not tapped into the outside cameras, he's looking at the store cameras. And whatever cameras he isn't watching, Promullar makes sure to scan through. So you could say that it is hard to get the drop on the guy when he's always watching. Always trying to stay ahead. With technology guarding his back for him at every turn. See? It really pays to be it's friend instead of fighting it all the time. "Miss Andromeda, are you trying to butter me up? Because it is totally working. I'm a flattery whore." He eyeballs the cup she slides over to him, his eyes flicking between her and the steaming bean water before he takes it slowly like she will swipe it away as a joke. When it seems like it truly is for him, he lifts the cup with both hands over his head in a cheer, as if he had won some kind of trophy. "Bean watah!" Without a care for how hot it may be, the man takes a long drink before exhaling with a drawn out sigh. "That is some good bean water."

Water of the beans aside, the redhead sets down his cup before leaning towards the phone with a hum. "Well, at least it says that it likes you. So that is a good thing. Just keep taking care of ole phone here and it should last you awhile." Standing straight, he lifts the cup again, raising it in thanks before he is sipping the rest of it in one chug. When done, he tosses out the cup and rubs his hands together as he looks at her with a glint in his eyes. "So, are you ready for your next lesson?"

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:19 pm
User Image
Andromeda Hale

A soft chuckle bubbled up from Andromeda as she listened to how Prometheus greeted her. She'd luckily had her sister fill her in on many of the strange ways people spoke now. Like him referring to himself as a 'flattery whore'. If she hadn't known any better, she would have been noticeably confused. "It is meant as a thank you, but if it is working in such a way to flatter you as well, then so it shall be." Pushing her hair from her face, she wore it loose this time, her long delicate pointed ears out on full display today. For whatever reason, she had felt more comfortable in her appearance around this man. Likely because he hadn't judged her on their first meeting. But with his reaction to the coffee she had brought him, well, it was more than she was expecting, and the relief she felt that he liked coffee made her exhale deeply. She hadn't realized she'd basically been holding her breath, waiting for his reaction. Covering her mouth and muffling her laughter as he held the cup above his head like it was some sort of great gift bestowed upon him, she hid her smirk behind her hand, not wanting to offend him by laughing at him. She'd just never seen anyone react in such a way to coffee. Clearing her throat and taking a sip of her own drink, she watched him with her dark eyes carefully, amazed he was able to drink the scalding hot liquid with such ease.
"I am happy to know you enjoy coffee. I fretted over whether or not you would actually enjoy the drink." She offered a small smile now, having gotten over her little laughter, feeling more embarrassed now for having admitted that to him. Shaking her head, as if to clear away the doubts, she pursed her lips in thought as he stated that her phone at least likes her. He said peculiar things like that here and there, like he spoke to the phones. It was odd to her, but she didn't want to question it. Watching him down the last of the drink, Andromeda can't help the smile on her lips as he asked if she was ready for the next lesson. "I await your excellent tutelage." Bowing her head in a manner of respect, it was hard to tell if she was joking or being serious, and the curious smile that played on her lips wasn't much help either. "I am happy that it likes me though. I worried about that since I have a difficult time with technology. But I hope it doesn't tell you any of my secrets though." Leaning forward and giving her phone a gentle tap, as if she was more careful of it than most things, there was a small laugh in her words, but other than that, she was fairly serious.

Mood: Relieved - Happy Location: The Mushroom Kingdom Thoughts: Well that's certainly a relief... Company: Prometheus Money: 100$ OOC:

tiny14xx2

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:23 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Mushroom Kingdom | Company : Promullar and Andromeda | Mood : Excited and content | Residence : 1321 Ombre Housing District | Profile : Here | Occupation : Worker at Mushroom Kingdom | Status : Single | Voice Sample : Singing and Speaking | OOC : --

"I don't get thank yous often, so I will even take that as flattery at this point." He doesn't exactly always do things worth a word of thanks either. But sometimes it is nice to hear or receive it from someone when he was trying to be genuine and help them out. "Coffee and I have a love love relationship. It doesn't do much in terms of energy for me, but it always makes me feel better, and I just like the taste." Basically his version of hot cocoa when he is feeling down and wants something warm and cozy to console him. "Thank you for taking the leap and picking it. I drink any kind really, but black coffee is the OG and the favorite."

He opens his mouth to explain a bit on how technology works and its expectations on people, but pauses when she gets to the bit about her privacy. At that, his mouth clicks shut and he gives an awkward laugh. "Uh...see...the thing about technology and I...well it speaks to me. Phones, house appliances, game consoles, computers, etc etc. And because I am the only one that can hear it or more appropriately, them, they tend to tell me things about the people who have used them." He tries to give her an expression to tell her without telling her that her phone is a chatty kathy, but he knows people can't really read minds. So, he awkwardly lifts a hand to rub his neck. "Honestly, it mainly only tells me about conversations you have had around it...or like...what you wear to sleep...bra size...technology doesn't really have a filter with information. It kind of takes ALL information as pertinent info and I, with my computer like brain, have to filter it out. It is how I was such a good mercenary in the military."

He waves his hand to show that it wasn't a big deal, as if her privacy was minuscule. "Whatever I don't need to know, I send away to Promullar to be archived. So whatever it is of your personal information I learned from your phone just got sent away."

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:16 pm
User Image
Andromeda Hale

A calm and reassured smile spread over Andromeda's lips as she listened to Prometheus talk about his enjoyment over coffee. Even going as far as thanking her for picking it to bring to him. Of course this was the calm before the absolute storm of embarrassment that was to come when she had hoped against it.
Arching a brow at his peculiar reaction though, her eyes steady on him as he begins explaining how technology speaks to him. Eyebrows knitting together in thought, she'd never come across someone quite like that. And of course, she's seen all sorts of people and been all over the place. Yet his last words before he paused made her throat tighten a little in panic. There was no way he actually knew her secrets? Did he? But of course, his pointed look was lost on her as her mind began to reel. As the next words breached the air between them, Andromeda's eyes got wide and panicked, feeling her cheeks darken with a blush and her heart rate ramp up to a level that was almost uncomfortable. The form she wore in public, the way she normally looked felt itchy and like it was suffocating her as she leaned back away from the counter a bit. Now, she tried to reason with herself, like this wasn't really his fault. Listening as he continued to explain that they basically gave him all information, regardless, she felt only slightly comforted, but she still felt like her complete privacy had been violated. Looking down at her phone, she pursed her lips in thought before heaving a bit of a sigh, quietly promising herself to speak more carefully around her phone. Luckily she hadn't really mentioned her previous interaction with him to her sister around it. The word cute would have popped up and she didn't need him knowing that.
With his wave of dismissal of the subject, Andromeda gave a half smile and tried to get herself to relax her shoulders, but she was incredibly tense now. "So how much do you know?" And though her face didn't show it, there was almost a laugh in her voice as she asked. She didn't know if she wanted the answer, but figured it would be good to know anyway. "And who is Promullar?" Now as she tried to tamp down her embarrassment, she let herself try to be curious, get to know him better. "If I may ask, when you say you archive this information, is it still accessible to you later?" Leaning forward again, her mind was now trying to wrap about what it is exactly he can do and his ability, absolutely intrigued by it now. "No wonder you could manage to teach me things on this phone while no one else can." The words were more muttered to herself as she looked at her phone, chuckling to herself. It all felt so absurd to her, but she was a walking, breathing, living piece of the Earth, so she knew a thing or two about the absurd and couldn't judge.

Mood: Happy - Embarrassed Location: The Mushroom Kingdom Thoughts: Oh nooooo... Company: Prometheus Money: 100$ OOC:

tiny14xx2

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:29 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Mushroom Kingdom | Company : Promullar and Andromeda | Mood : Nervous | Residence : 1321 Ombre Housing District | Profile : Here | Occupation : Worker at Mushroom Kingdom | Status : Single | Voice Sample : Singing and Speaking | OOC : --

This is the part that he hates about his gift. People react in one of two ways, of ONLY these two ways usually. They get angry and they react, because yeah...he is a stranger that was informed of their super steamy phone calls or the fact that they might not be a faithful partner if their texts are any hint. He GETS it, people get testy over privacy. He is no different in that regard. But there is no need to try and get physically violent with the guy! The other reaction is that they are super pushy about it. Like, they want to know what he knows, when he found out, and the like. Almost as if they just committed murder and are pretty sure that he saw or heard the whole thing through their TV. It has happened a few times...and it throws him for a loop every time. Real life horror movies those moments. He is usually that anonymous tip that lets the police know something is up. He was paid to take out BAD people. He doesn't condone innocent spouses getting brutalized for something like cheating or leaving the toilet seat up. Some people just be crazy, and that is coming from someone with a literal brain condition.

However, he is finding that this woman hasn't fit neatly into either category. Actually, with her reaction, it was a lot like Vladimir. Briefly horrified, but also curious enough to ask in a way that isn't petulant or malicious. She is more...embarrassed to Vlad's Interest. He didn't think he would meet anyone else who would react so similarly to Vlad. "That is a question with a long answer you probably don't want to know. So let's just go with...enough. I know enough." Even he gives a grimace with that kind of response, but he brushes it off easily enough so he can hold up his phone as if he were a lady in a game show drawing attention to a prize.

"Easiest way to explain it is that Promullar is a phone which basically has a copy of my brain in it. He is kind of like an artificial intelligence but he's sentient. Can do things on his own without my control or use, and he can connect to any device within his radius." he sets the phone back down after it makes a happy ringing noise and a chibi Prom dances on the screen. "Well...yes. Promullar and I are always connected, even when he device jumps. If I need to re-access important information I stored away, he just sends the data back to me and I can recall it like a computer. I am not really sure how it works, I just know that I was genetically modified to be able to do these things." He raises his arms, suddenly cheering "test tube baby for the win!" with a serious face and a sarcastic tone before he's leaning on the counter again. "Don't worry, I don't sell information to third-party companies or anything and all of the files of my memories aren't accessible even if I get hacked...because they are literally my memories and they apparently don't work like files even though I store them that way. I don't get how any of this works when I try to break it all down, I just...know that it does...always has. And after I had an accident with a bottle going upside my head, it unlocked parts I didn't have access to initially." This time he gives jazz hands while saying, "yay abusive scientist parents with no impulse control!".

He pushes off the counter so he can finish off the last parts of the game cube, giving the top a pat when he plugs it in and the device whirs to life again. "There we go. Thought you were a goner bud." After setting the device to the side when it gave a noise of assent under his hand, the man moves out from behind the counter with Promullar, motioning towards the consoles in the arcade. He's wearing a white short-sleeve shirt, black jeans and his usual converse, no jacket in sight this time. At least he is wearing more than the muscle shirt and not sweating this time. "Um...I can still give that lesson, if you want. Show you what I can do if you are still curious about it." The fact that he was choosing not to slide his jacket back on to cover all of his markings, including the deep gouges on his wrist, was meant to be a peace offering of some kind. Personal information in exchange for the personal information he was given without her consent.

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:35 pm
User Image
Andromeda Hale

A gentle sigh of defeat slipped from Andromeda's lips as he seemed to give the short answer of how much he knew. Well, he wasn't terrified of her or running scared, so it seemed like he didn't know her biggest secret. But he likely knew the fact that she didn't age, well, at least aged much slower and was likely many, many, MANY years older than him. But he still didn't seem put off by anything he might know, so her mouth slowly cracked in a smile of relief. It would be a shame if he fled from her, she was starting to really enjoy being around him. Regardless of her cheeky little phone telling him everything.
When he showed her Promullar, she let her eyes move back and forth between him and the phone, intrigued by the way that all worked. Seeing the little chibi Prometheus dance on the screen, she covered her mouth with her hands to stop the small squeak of joy that threatened to peel out of her. It was incredible that such a thing could exist, and that Prometheus had the ability to communicate with such things. Even as he explained his connection to his Promullar, she watched him intently, clearly interested and doing her best to follow along with what he was explaining. Of course she was just barely grasping technology with his help, so some things were lost on her, but she didn't want to seem completely unaware of things, or interrupt him, so she remained quiet through his explanation. His exclamation of 'test tube baby' made her arch a brow and tilt her head, his tone odd and his motions different. She could pick up the sarcasm, but the rest was fairly lost on her, but before she could question it, he was onto the next thing, and she was happy to move away from what would likely be an embarrassing or dumb question on her part.
Chuckling a little as he seemed to reassure her that her information was safe with him, Andromeda just nodded slowly, feeling a bit better oddly that it was indeed safe. "Well, you are not running scared, so I guess that is a good sign that maybe my dear little phone here doesn't know everything about me." Her voice was light and almost joking. Her embarrassment was slowly fading, even though the nagging thought of him knowing what she would wear to bed, or her bra size, chewed at the back of her mind. Though she was concerned about the last bit of his statement, about abusive parents, she didn't want to push the subject. Her information had been given to him even if he hadn't asked for it, she didn't want to pry into something he might not want to get into. Parents were always a strange subject for her as it was.
Standing quietly as he seemed to finish his work with a game console, she couldn't help the smile that spread her lips wider as he spoke to it. It was almost like watching a parent and a child. Or dear friends. A soft hum noise came from her before she straightened up a bit as he came out from behind the counter. Her eyes trailed over his bared skin for a moment, not having really noticed or seen it before, and she bit the inside of her cheek. Bringing her eyes back up to his face, her cheeks a little red from the likely obvious way she had just looked him over, she cleared her throat and tucked some hair behind her ear. "I would definitely still be interested. As long as I'm not disturbing you or your work of course. I'd hate to be more bothersome than I've already been." Now it was her turn to rub the back of her neck nervously. Like the flip of a switch, she was pulling into herself and thinking she was likely more trouble than good. Her lack of social skills putting her in situations like this all the time.

Mood: Embarrassed Location: The Mushroom Kingdom Thoughts: This could be worse... Company: Prometheus Money: 100$ OOC:

tiny14xx2

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:49 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Mushroom Kingdom | Company : Promullar and Andromeda | Mood : Tense | Residence : 1321 Ombre Housing District | Profile : Here | Occupation : Worker at Mushroom Kingdom | Status : Single | Voice Sample : Singing and Speaking | OOC : --

It started as something akin to an itch. A niggling feeling in the back of his mind. The one that can often make it almost impossible for him to let something go. And usually, it is the thing that gets him into a world of trouble. Now, it was just sticking to his brain like glue, spreading over everything so he can only focus on that as he leads her over to a game console. "I take work home anyways, so no worries there." It's an automatic answer, one he remembers Seiji giving him when there was a time that he took up the doctor's time to ask questions about his own brain and what the healer could sense about it. "Work follows me home, it makes no difference if I stay here a little longer." That didn't last very long, not when that work he was referring to followed him home in the form of a person named Stitch. Then Prom had to say goodbye to his favorite pastime. But that is something he's used to by now. Everything changes around him while he is stuck the same. Trapped in that day when his father took his only happiness right out of his hands and crushed him with it.

So really, he can't be blamed for what leaves his mouth next. It was an inevitability for him. "I have seen real monsters, Andromeda. Men who dig glass into a child's head because they feel entitled to like they are their property, women who viciously attack their husbands because their love ran cold, men who kill mercilessly for money because they are broken on the inside. Real monsters are not the spooky stories of creatures under our bed, or beings we can’t understand. People are. What a person is capable of and how they can try to reason it away like that makes it all better. ‘He belongs to me, so I can hurt him’. ‘He doesn’t love me anymore, so he shouldn’t love anyone at all’. ‘Everything I have ever wanted has been ripped away from me, and now I feel nothing but bitterness and self-hatred’." 2 out of 3 are quotes that sting the worst for him. Acceptance that all he ever was to his father was property, and the reality that he was that broken monster who killed people without a second thought because he had hoped that one day someone would best him and finally end his misery. "I don’t know what you are any better than I know what I am. But what I do know, what I have learned in my time stuck here amongst the living, is that what you are isn’t what defines who you are. It is what you choose to do in any given situation that does. What you make of your experiences." What he feels he squandered and took for granted at every turn.

And because he is Prom, he has to cover all that up with some self-deprecation and humor because when things get too heavy for him, he likes to nose dive into the “abort mission” option. "Believe me, you couldn’t make me run any faster than when I stare down evil when I look in the mirror every morning. Because man, I love to think I am damn cute all the time…but I guess I even have my moments because woah…I scare myself sometimes. Pretty sure I have broken enough mirrors with my face figuratively and literally by now to give me bad luck forever." He ushers her over to the nearest arcade machine, cutting down the chance for any more heavy talking, even though he brought it up, by immediately talking again. ”Now, I am guessing it is safe to assume you have never touched a single game in your life?”

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

☼ Cerise Shopping District

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces