Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 1 - Beast of a Thousand Knives (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
PupSage rolled 4 20-sided dice: 7, 15, 7, 19 Total: 48 (4-80)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:08 am
Kuori fired another volley of arrows. She was not all to sure of the wolves herself. All she could think about was have Razor claw was a vegetarian and how she toted it's head around town. She began to run. (Move to R10)

S7: 7+6 = 13 for 15 dmg
Nathaniel: 15+6+2=23 for 13 dmg
S10: 7+6 = 13 for 12 dmg
S14: 19+6 =25 for 9 dmg  
I Drink Blue Moon rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:03 pm
"Centipede girl that's over there and doesn't want to fight or the guy right in front of you beating you with a flail. Sound logic ijit." Gloom moved in and attacked, placing himself between the Rogue and Corsica. (R14 by way of Kuori's previous square to avoid AOO.)

24 vs L4 for 18 dmg  

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:10 pm
The Sisters' Gambit
User Image

Initiative order
Nathaniel:
Corsica: Marked by S8
Ying: Marked by S7, Bloodied, Weakened
Wolves:
Hakka: HP 35/42 +2 defenses
Kuori: HP 22/38 DR 4
Gloom: HP 37/41
Soldiers:
Revenge: HP 5/47 Bloodied, Marked by S6
Lieutenants:

Hakka continues to be ignored while she catches her breath underneath the slain body of the soldier.

Kuori's arrow lodges itself in Nathaniel's side and she thinks it must have gone all the way to his heart, for the captain falls over and stirs no more. He had misjudged the sisters' will to continue fighting and it had cost him his life. S14 also gets struck with an arrow as well.

"Well, if it wasn't for those damn girls we wouldn--OOF!" Gloom catches L4 mid-comeback with his mace. The lieutenant stumbles to the ground. He lets out one final curse. "Damn... you." and then speaks no more.

S6 stands up and attempts to run away from the wolves, but is quickly knocked back down and killed. The wolves begin to feast on his body.

Knowing that the odds are against them, the rest of the soldiers disengage from their targets by shifting away, then they begin to move away. They group up as they retreat to protect themselves. Though on the run, they look ready to attack anyone who might try to interfere with their escape.

Rain Yupa
Your turn!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:11 pm
5/47 hit points, Bloodied, Marked by corpse

MOVE ACTION

Revenge sighs, frowning as he looks at Nathaniel.

He then moves towards the Arian soldiers, save with his back to them, his weapon gripped defensively as he tries to put himself between the Arians, and those who wish them harm.

Quote:
Revenge moves to V15, provoking an opportunity attack from S10 if he felt so inclined.

STANDARD ACTION

Quote:
Revenge readies an action to move with the Arians as they move, trying to position himself as best he can to cover their retreat by interposing himself between them and potential attackers. If possible, I want to be adjacent to as many of them as possible.

I also have an immediate interrupt I'm going to use if they ARE attacked, but that's not something I need to ready.

"Which of you is most injured?" he would ask the soldiers over his shoulder, without looking behind him.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:39 pm
The Sisters' Gambit
User Image

Initiative order
Nathaniel:
Corsica:
Ying:, Bloodied
Wolves:
Soldiers: S5 Bloodied
Revenge: HP -1/47 Prone, Unconscious, Dying
Lieutenants: L3 Weakened, ongoing 10 poison

As Revenge moves in front of S10, the soldier swings at him with his longsword. "Stay back! If you hadn't healed the centipede we wouldn't be in this situation now!" S10 connects with his hit, striking the paladin and laying him low. (6 damage, prone, unconscious; Revenge is now dying!)

L3 stays by his men and launches his twin bolts at both Corsica and the dire wolf, but misses with both attacks.

Corsica sees Kuori begin to run and turns to yell at her. "Do not run! They will give chase and kill if you do. Stand your ground, stay close to me and do not hurt the wolves. I know who you saw in the forest. We have dealings with her. Trust me on this." Corsica looks at the fallen paladin and shakes her head. "Damn fool!"

Corsica whips her tail forward, striking through the soldiers to bury her stinger deep into the chest of the remaining lieutenant's chest. He cries out in agony from the poison. She then moves back to be closer to her comrades and places herself next to the two soldiers in front of Kuroi. "I told you none of you would be leaving here alive."

Ying continues to remain hidden in the trees.

The dire wolf growls angrily at being attacked and lets forth a terrifying howl, commanding his pack to go forth and attack. The wolves rush forward and attempt to surround the soldiers. S10 is quickly brought down by the dire wolf and all the other soldiers are wounded by the viscious bites from the pack--S5 grievously so. The dire wolf stands over Revenge's prone form.

Ryssa Blackblood
You're up!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:55 am
Peering out from underneath the cover of her hiding spot, Hakka watches the vicious slaughter at the jaws of the pack of wolves. Even with Corsica's warning, she cannot bring herself to jump back into the battle. Ying had gotten herself to safety, and that was the important thing. Now....Now her animal instincts were telling her to not move a muscle lest those wolves find her here.

(continuing to ready my move action to run, but also taking the defensive with my standard)  

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PupSage rolled 3 20-sided dice: 14, 13, 17 Total: 44 (3-60)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:20 pm
20 vs S8 for 15 dmg
19 vs L3 for 13 dmg
23 vs S5 for 14 dmg

Kuori shot a volley of arrows at the escaping soldiers and continued to back away. "Yeah, and she sanctioned you having us kill Razorclaw? The thing was a vegetarian. An herbavore. We slaughtered it. Treated it like a villain."
Attack, then move to N5  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:00 pm
Initiative order
Nathaniel:
Corsica:
Wolves:
Soldiers: S5, S8, Bloodied
Lieutenants: L3 Bloodied, Weakened, ongoing 10 poison

Kuori arrows strike all three of her targets blooding the lieutenant and the other soldier. The wolves seemed to be invigorated by the fresh spilled blood. Kuori would notice that as she moved further away some of the wolves did begin to take notice of her.

I Drink Blue Moon
You're up.

Kowsauni
Crew

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:22 am
Gloom moves next Corsica and attacks S7. "She has a point though. You had us kill an innocent creature because it looked hideous and monstrous. Which is exactly what those soldiers were trying to do. She is smart for fearing the wolves, we arn't much better than the chew toys they have now."

27 vs S7 for 19 dmg  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:58 pm
The Sisters' Gambit
User Image

Initiative order
Nathaniel:
Corsica:
Wolves:
Soldiers: S14, S7, S8, Bloodied
Lieutenants: L3 Bloodied

Gloom's mace makes contact with S7, catching him in the side and bloodying him.

The remaining soldiers hold their actions to act with their lieutenant.

Revenge continues to lay dying on the ground but comes no closer to death.

The last remaining lieutenant groans from the poison but then seems able to shake it off. He yells to the soldiers. "We are too open here! Retreat to the forest!" He then makes a break for the treeline. The rest of the soldiers follow suit.

Corsica watches the soldiers begin flee, knowing that there is no way they can outrun the wolves. She scoffs a bit at Kuori's concern. "Hah, that was nothing more than predators hunting their prey. We were planning on hunting and consuming Razorclaw ourselves, but he made a convenient scapegoat for my sister's tracks. The Archdryad is not concerned with such natural processes of the forest. What she hates is those she sees as invaders to her land. We have relations with her. You stand a much better chance with us than with the wolves in the forest. So please, do not run away and make yourself their prey. You must stand tall as a fellow predator."

Corsica moves forward and tries to position herself between her comrades and where the soldiers currently are, knowing that it's where the wolves will move next. She looks ready to charge if anything hostile moves in her or her comrades' direction.

The wolves all move forward to attack the soldiers, easily catching up with them. The wolves attack, visibly bringing down another soldier and further wounding the few that remain standing. The soldiers seem to realize they will not survive long enough to reach the forest.

Ryssa Blackblood
You're up!

Kowsauni
Crew

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:30 pm
Hakka felt a wave of relief wash over her as the wolves chased down the soldiers, feeling confident now that she was off the menu herself. Of course, she was still wary, but not paralyzed with caution anymore. Wiggling out from under the corpse, Hakka made her way over to Corsica and pawed at one of her legs, as though seeking permission to hop up onto her back.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:07 pm
Corsica looks down at Hakka but doesn't seem to quite comprehend that she wants to hop up on her. The scorpion girl seems to be much more focused on what the wolves are doing in front of her.

PupSage
You're up!

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage rolled 3 20-sided dice: 7, 7, 8 Total: 22 (3-60)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:08 am
S7 = 13
S14= 13
S8 = 14

Kuori fires more arrows, but doesn't move. She still isn't on board with the wolves.  
I Drink Blue Moon rolled 2 20-sided dice: 20, 9 Total: 29 (2-40)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:07 pm
Gloom will move to Revenge and attempt to stabilize him. "This fight is won. I won't continue to participate in this slaughter."
He would begin to do chest compression on Revenge. If he sees the tieflings eyes open he will say, as softly and gently as possible. "Somebody once told me that your kind chooses their names based on what they want to bring to the world. You have burned your bridges with Aria and the sisters. If you want to ever attain that revenge you are so named after, stand down. This fight is over. The divines have spoken." He would stand up and his weapon would vanish.
20+2=22 to stabilize
9+6=15 Diplomacy  

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:01 pm
The soldiers either deflect or dodge Kuori's arrows. They seemed determined now that if they are going to go down, they are going to go down swinging.

Gloom moves over to Revenge and sees he is bleeding out. Using the Arian tabard from the nearby slain soldier the warlock manages to staunch the wounds and prevent the paladin from suffering further critical blood loss. However, Revenge does not regain consciousness as of it. It looks like he might need more time to recover.

Rain Yupa
You are stabilized but still unconscious until your hit points are raised above zero or are able to take a short rest. However, you can roll a d20 on your turn and if you crit I will allow you to spend a healing surge and regain consciousness.

[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff