Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Glory Sieg rolled 7 10-sided dice: 10, 3, 4, 6, 6, 10, 1 Total: 40 (7-70)

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:23 pm

Kyouya frowned watching her play, tapping her well manicured nails in time with the melody she hummed, not wanting to interrupt lest it be seen as an act of irritation. "Bold indeed," she said, watching the piece lay in its tempting bait.

Int/Games: Shogi = 4k2 (With a void point for a free raise) (3 dice extra rolled to account for Kaboom)

10 + 6 + 6 = 22 + 17 = 39!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:45 pm

The Match-ups
NORTH vs SOUTH
Moto Guntomar (+1) vs Shosuro Nene (+3) - South Advantage
Ide Seibei (+1) vs Asako Mina (+1) - Evenly matched
Shiba Noburo (+2) vs Tara (+2) - North Advantage
Ide Urako (+2) vs Shosuro Kyouya - 19/17+2
Toku Seiichi (+0) vs Mirumoto Katsunan (+1) - Evenly matched
Akodo Tamafune (+2) vs Morito Denbe (+3) - South Advantage
Himura Naohiko vs Kitsuki Senzo (+3) - 11/20+2
Bayushi Kojiro (+2) vs Ikoma Ryobe (+2) - North Checkmate
Kitsune Ippei (+0) vs Yoritomo Katsue (+0) - Evenly matched
Akodo Masaru (+4) vs Kuni Taniko (+3) - North Advantage
Daigotsu Josuke (+1) vs Shinjo Hideki (+2) - North Advantage
Matsu Ami (+3) vs Kakita Mitsuko (+1) - Evenly matched
Himura Gendo vs Himura Kaichiyo - 20/13

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

The Scorpion would look over to make eye contact with Naohiko, and shift his gaze to Senzo, and back to Naohiko, repeating a few more times. "Whoa, hey, whoa, I'm not getting in the middle of something if this is a thing. Want nooo part of that, thank you very much." His Lion opponent would sigh in frustration and rub his forehead as the two tables apparently began intermingling in the middle of a match.

"Are you not even making an effort to concentrate on this game?" Senzo would inquire - believe it or not, with outright curiosity, rather than indignity. "No wonder I'm trouncing you so infallibly. Please, do try. If the Kraken are all that, at least, do try to show it."

As it stands, the past couple rounds he has been systematically wiping you out, not even bothering to promote pieces as you're down to one pawn now.

Shogi roll of 44 vs 23. Naohiko loses 6 points.

"Your front line has all but collapsed, Kraken," Senzo would point out the blatantly obvious to you. He seems to have softened up SLIGHTLY towards you, but it's hard to gauge due to his Fortunes & Winds face, and the fact that he's blowing you out of the water.

----------------

@ Kyouya:

"I know, right? I think that's going to be pretty hard to come back from, if you don't mind me sayi-

Shogi roll of 37 vs 39; Urako loses 1 point! Kyouya gains +2 points!

Simply ignoring the trap, you take her silver generals instead, with an offense she didn't expect, while promoting a knight. "Aww," she would vocalize sadly, as she began to deliberate retrieving the bishop back, or letting it sit there to advance elsewhere.

Tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap...

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo & Gendo:

Yep!

Kaichiyo's down 4 more points!

--------------------

@ Tadao:

"Well, it seems I have some good news; those loyal to the forces of Daimyo Kita should rejoice, as the first of his armies have successfully punched through to the south, delivering a crippling blow to the forces of Daimyo Minami and gaining a foothold!"

Bayushi Kojiro, then Ikoma Ryobe, would stand, and bow respectfully to each other. Ryobe would then turn and leave - perhaps a bit too quickly - but Kojiro did not press the matter, and retook his seat to wait.

"It does not look like it will be a long-celebrated victory, however, as Minami's forces are poised to overtake some enemies of their own!"

Kaichiyo, Gendo, you would see the narrator overlooking the game Naohiko was at as he says this. There were some cheers from samurai-ko that weren't involved in the game, all young-sounding - you don't think they consider Naohiko their senpai, by the sound of it.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini rolled 3 10-sided dice: 9, 9, 8 Total: 26 (3-30)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:37 am

Kaichiyo let out a little, slightly whimpering huff as her moves were steadily countered one after the other. She couldn't gain a foothold anywhere, and it was starting to show. He'd only a few moves left if she couldn't... think... of something...

As hope begins to fade, she starts to hum a popular song of sadness.

[Intelligence/Games: Shogi (Untrained)
Roll: 3k3 +13
9, 9, 8 = 26 + 13 = 39]
Plainsfox rolled 14 10-sided dice: 4, 4, 7, 5, 3, 6, 4, 7, 9, 8, 4, 4, 1, 3 Total: 69 (14-140)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:00 am

After Kojiro sat down, Naohiko would resume some of his conversation as he begin the tricky reverse envelope tactic. He had few pieces to work with and his minimal strategic training told him that something like this MAY work, but the Kraken doubted it. "I'm sure Kitsuki-san would be more than overjoyed to have a Scorpion sing one of his cousin's praises, Bayushi-san. I don't see how anyone could object, given the two house's history together."

As to the comment on whether or not he was taking the match seriously, Naohiko merely shrugged. "This is merely a meeting engagement, if you should consider us lowly Kraken worthy of your time and effort. We've learned about you, and you've learned about us. From a strategic standpoint, what is worth more?" With that, Naohiko had completed his attempted encirclement and started trying to pick off Senzo's unsupported pieces.

OOC:
First six rolls: Int+Shogi (Spending a void point for skill level 1) 4k3+11 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
Dice rolled: 4, 4, 7, 5
Results: 27

Second eight rolls Awareness+Courtier (Manipulation) To get Kojiro to agree to meet with Kaichiyo later and tell the Kraken stories.
5k3 w/ 3 dice to handle explosions
raises called: 1 raise to frame it in such a way that Senzo would find it best to support it.
Dice Rolled: 4, 7, 9, 8, 4
Results: 24-5

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 1, 2, 4 Total: 7 (3-30)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:16 am

Gendo almost felt bad. Almost. He kept playing though, as normal.

3k3 - Int/Shogi
7+20=27
Glory Sieg rolled 7 10-sided dice: 7, 10, 4, 5, 5, 9, 1 Total: 41 (7-70)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:25 pm

"Oh no. I agree," Kyouya replied with a nod. "You're definitely the better general when it comes to offense my dear. I can only hope my skills at rallying a defense are up to par." She moved a few pieces, trying to stay on the offensive.

Int/Games: Shogi = 4k2 (With 3 dice to count for kabooms)

22 + 19 = 41!

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:01 am

The Match-ups
NORTH vs SOUTH
Moto Guntomar (+1) vs Shosuro Nene (+3) - Evenly matched
Ide Seibei (+1) vs Asako Mina (+1) - North Advantage
Shiba Noburo (+2) vs Tara (+2) - North Check
Ide Urako (+2) vs Shosuro Kyouya - 18/17+2
Toku Seiichi (+0) vs Mirumoto Katsunan (+1) - South Advantage
Akodo Tamafune (+2) vs Morito Denbe (+3) - Evenly matched
Himura Naohiko vs Kitsuki Senzo (+3) - South Checkmate
Kitsune Ippei (+0) vs Yoritomo Katsue (+0) - North Advantage
Akodo Masaru (+4) vs Kuni Taniko (+3) - Evenly matched
Daigotsu Josuke (+1) vs Shinjo Hideki (+2) - North Check
Matsu Ami (+3) vs Kakita Mitsuko (+1) - South Advantage
Himura Gendo vs Himura Kaichiyo - 19/13

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

You make your aside request to the Scorpion! Though apparently, Senzo turns to give Kojiro a look, making eye contact with him.

Senzo spends a void point for +1k1 for his untrained intimidation. 22 vs your 19.

"I, ah... erm..." he hesitated, mostly looking at Senzo, before breaking eye contact. "If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find some water." And he gets up and leaves to walk towards some Crane.

The two would continue to play, pieces moving across the board - though Kojiro was greatly outnumbered by this point. "I do confess, that's the first wise thing I've heard you say so far. While I do, to be frank, despise the lot of you, I also believe credit should be given where credit's due."

Senzo's lowest possible result: Still gets a 53...my kami, even his dice hate you! Naohiko loses 12 points, and is eliminated.

You now notice that Senzo had been systematically taking you apart, but at this point, he quits that strategy and simply goes for the throat, so-to-speak, putting you in an almost immediate checkmate.

"And match, Kraken-san," he would say flatly, looking you right in the eye.

--------------------

@ Kyouya:

Urako would give a polite smile. "As an Ide, I've been taught to master the art of peace and diplomacy. However..." Placing her fingertips lightly upon her sternum. "As a Unicorn, I'm still prepared for war. If you want to pit your defense against my offense, I feel honor-bound to oblige."

She begins to advance her pieces towards your line.

Shogi roll of 35 vs your 41. Urako loses 1 point!

You take one of her advancing pawns, and all of a sudden, she seems extremely thoughtful... or perhaps, concerned? She begins to gently tap two fingers against her pursed lips as she begins to study the battlefield more closely now, as she awaits your next move.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo, Gendo:

Girl we need some girl we need some... ACTION!
If we're gonna make it like a true survivor...
We need some ACTION!
If we wanna take our love away from here...
We need a, living passion, to believe in...
Burning hearts and a brand new feeling...
ACTION!
If we're gonna make it like a true survivor...

Gendo loses 1 point as Kaichiyo takes one of his pawns!

--------------------

@ Tadao:

"And another army has fallen," Tadao announces, hurrying towards the center of the row. Gesturing towards Naohiko and Senzo, he continues. "An elite force of Daimyo Minami has crushed its northerly opposition, sending them packing! This ties up the decisive victories, one to one!'

He would raise his hand up to his brow, as if surveying an actual battlefield in the midday sun. "This momentum may be quickly snuffed out though, as two more of the South's forces stand on the brink!"

A Unicorn on the side of the south stands suddenly, and points dramatically at his spider opponent. "If I am to fall, then I will assure that your victory will be paid with the blood of your men, dog of the north!"

"..." The Spider would sigh and gesture with a clinking arm towards the Unicorn's seat, trying to encourage him to sit.

"You've heard the proclamation, folks!" Tadao would cry out. "Will it be enough to rally this general's colleagues?!"
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:28 pm

"I see you've been taking lessons from the Mantis courtiers, Kitsuki-san." Naohiko said jovially. "I've been on the receiving end of those kinds of looks from Moshi-san all yesterday. Never the less, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. It was a good educational experience for me." WIth that, Naohiko would rise and bow to his opponent and leave the table. When Naohiko got a chance to gain the Kraken princess' attention, he would state discretely "Watch yourselves. Kitsuki Senzo is none too fond of your mother's decision to make the Kraken clan." When Kaichiyo seemed inclined to give him a little more attention, he'd add "Bayushi Kojiro may be worth knowing.He seems to know a few stories of a Kitsuki heroine. I thought you may be interested. With your leave, Himura-hime?" If Kaichiyo let him, he would go off to present Setsuna-tan to the Doji princess.

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Paidi tou Selini rolled 3 10-sided dice: 6, 6, 8 Total: 20 (3-30)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:17 pm

"Ha!" she declared triumphantly as she finally managed to stop the avalanche of strategy that had been poured upon her all game, at least temporarily. She continued her defensive maneuvers for now, but began to look for an opening. "It's enough! The south shall see victory yet!"

She began to hum a Gaijin song of inspiration, almost not even noticing Naohiko's attempts to get her attention. Eventually she did pause long enough to hear his report, only to start softly singing the song - slightly louder than she had been humming it - at the distressing new development. An enemy among the Kitsuki was exceptionally bad news. Especially if it was more widespread than just the one. Why someone who could never have known her grandfather would be so hurt at the continuation of his legacy she couldn't guess, but she made note to find out sooner rather than later and nodded her thanks and dismissal to her clansmate.

Roll: 3k3 +13
6, 6, 8 = 20 + 13 = 33]
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 10, 8, 9 Total: 27 (3-30)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:25 am

He just shrugged. A fair play, but he had never heard of such a thing as a 'flawless' victory, with no sacrifices.

3k3 - Int/Shogi
27+19=46

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Glory Sieg rolled 7 10-sided dice: 10, 8, 1, 8, 6, 6, 8 Total: 47 (7-70)

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:53 pm

"Excellent my dear. Simply, excellent," she murmured softly as Urako spoke. "I do so prefer peace and diplomacy to war. It's far easier to talk through these sort of things, right? And so less messy." Her fingers didn't leave her pieces however, as she sought to make more headway into Urako's side of the board.

Int/Shogi: 4k2 (with 3 dice for Kabooms)

10 + 8 + 6 = 24 + 19 = 43!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:24 pm

The Match-ups
NORTH vs SOUTH
Moto Guntomar (+1) vs Shosuro Nene (+3) - North Advantage
Ide Seibei (+1) vs Asako Mina (+1) - North Check
Shiba Noburo (+2) vs Tara (+2) - Evenly Matched
Ide Urako (+2) vs Shosuro Kyouya - 16/17+2
Toku Seiichi (+0) vs Mirumoto Katsunan (+1) - South Check
Akodo Tamafune (+2) vs Morito Denbe (+3) - North Advantage
Himura Naohiko vs Kitsuki Senzo (+3) - South Checkmate
Kitsune Ippei (+0) vs Yoritomo Katsue (+0) - Evenly Matched
Akodo Masaru (+4) vs Kuni Taniko (+3) - North Advnatage
Daigotsu Josuke (+1) vs Shinjo Hideki (+2) - North Check
Matsu Ami (+3) vs Kakita Mitsuko (+1) - Evenly Matched
Himura Gendo vs Himura Kaichiyo - 19/6

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

You wander off!

Doji Kioko is watching the games from amidst her entourage of fellow Crane, seemingly interested in the outcomes of several games. She seems to be paying more attention to the 'eastern front'.

Do you approach her now?

--------------------

@ Kyouya:

Shogi roll of 31 vs your 43; Urako loses 2 points!

"..... Did I fall into a Scorpion trap? Because it feels like I fell into a Scorpion trap," Urako would say, frowning, upon losing both a pawn and a more valuable piece.

After that happens, she sits back and takes a minute to study the entire board, deep in thought. She begins tapping a fast-paced beat against her forearm as she ponders her next move.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo, Gendo:

Gendo presses the advantage; Kaichiyo loses 7 points!

--------------------

@ Tadao:

"Folks, despite General Hideki's claims, he has yet to gain any momentum against the implacable forces of General Josuke! They position each other's forces, but no advances are made! They are playing this very carefully!"

Examining the line of tables, he would announce, "It looks like three different battles are on the cusp of resolution! One to the west, one towards the center line, and one to the east!" He would say this, looking at Kaichiyo's and Gendo's game.

"Excuse me, Himura-san," the fair Kakita woman sitting next to Kaichiyo would say. "Don't give up hope yet! Just hold out a little longer!" She would ball her hands into fists as she gave a smile of encouragement (though slightly forced) to her impromptu teammate.

Her own game against Matsu Ami seems to be going longer than either Kaichiyo or Gendo might have expected it to. The Crane seems to have turtled up (as much as one can in such a game) and forcing Ami to advance at a crawl. Ami herself seems bothered by how long it's taking her to defeat her opponent.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 2, 2, 6, 8, 6, 7 Total: 31 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:12 pm

Naohiko would try to be more careful. Maybe he should take things a little bit less for granted. For now, he would try to see which match Kioko-hime was observing and carefully move closer to the Crane princess as the remaining matches progressed.

OOC: Perception/Investigation 4k2 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
Raises called: 0
Results: 14
Paidi tou Selini rolled 3 10-sided dice: 10, 10, 10 Total: 30 (3-30)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:50 am

Yet despite her efforts, he stopped her. Even with her limited grasp of the game, she could tell she was only a few moves away from checkmate. She couldn't stop her song, but she did give an apologetic nod to the Kakita. It was a shame to let her team down, but she had been bested so thoroughly, she was fairly certain there was nothing she could have done. Still! It was the perfect time for a last minute gambit!

Roll: 3k3 +6
10, 10, 10 = 30 + 6 = 36]

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games