Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:32 am
Psalms
Chapter 48
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 A song, and Psalme for the sonnes of Korah. Great is the Lord, and greatly to bee praised in the citie of our God, in the mountaine of his holinesse.

2 Beautifull for situation, the ioy of the whole earth is moūt Sion, on the sides of the North, the citie of the great King.

3 God is knowen in her palaces for a refuge.

4 For loe, the kings were assembled: they passed by together.

5 They sawe it, and so they marueiled, they were troubled and hasted away.

6 Feare tooke holde vpon them there, and paine, as of a woman in trauaile.

7 Thou breakest the ships of Tarshish with an East wind.

8 As we haue heard, so haue wee seene in the citie of the Lord of hosts, in the citie of our God, God will establish it for euer. Selah,

9 Wee haue thought of thy louing kindnesse, O God, in the middest of thy Temple.

10 According to thy Name, O God, so is thy praise vnto the endes of the earth: thy right hand is full of righteousnesse.

11 Let mount Sion reioyce, let the daughters of Iudah be glad, because of thy iudgements.

12 Walke about Sion, and goe round about her: tell the towres thereof.

13 Marke yee well her bulwarkes, consider her palaces; that yee may tell it to the generation following.

14 For this God is our God for euer, and euer; he will be our guide euen vnto death.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:09 am
Psalms
Chapter 49

1 To the chiefe Musician, a Psalme for the sonnes of Korah. Heare this, all yee people, giue eare all yee inhabitants of the world:

2 Both low, and high, rich and poore together.

3 My mouth shall speake of wisedome: and the meditation of my heart shalbe of vnderstanding.

4 I will incline mine eare to a parable; I will open my darke saying vpon the harpe.

5 Wherefore should I feare in the daies of euill, when the iniquitie of my heeles shall compasse me about?

6 They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselues in the multitude of their riches:

7 None of them can by any meanes redeeme his brother, nor giue to God a ransome for him:

8 (For the redemption of their soule is precious, and it ceaseth for euer.)

9 That he should still liue for euer, and not see corruption.

10 For he seeth that wise men die, likewise the foole, and the brutish person perish, and leaue their wealth to others.

11 Their inward thought is, that their houses shall continue for euer, and their dwelling places to all generations; they call their lands after their owne names.

12 Neuerthelesse man being in honour abideth not: he is like the beastes that perish.

13 This their way is their follie; yet their posteritie approue their sayings. Selah.

14 Like sheepe they are layd in the graue, death shall feede on them; and the vpright shall haue dominion ouer them in the morning, and their beauty shall consume in the graue, from their dwelling.

15 But God will redeeme my soule from the power of the graue; for he shall receiue me. Selah.

16 Be not thou afraid when one is made rich, when the glory of his house is increased.

17 For when he dieth, he shall carry nothing away: his glory shall not descend after him.

18 Though whiles he liued, he blessed his soule: and men will praise thee, when thou doest well to thy selfe.

19 Hee shall goe to the generation of his fathers, they shall neuer see light.

20 Man that is in honour and vnderstandeth not, is like the beasts that perish.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:09 pm
Psalms
Chapter 50

1 A Psalme of Asaph. The mightie God, euen the Lord hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sunne, vnto the going downe thereof.

2 Out of Sion the perfection of beautie, God hath shined.

3 Our God shall come, and shall not keepe silence: a fire shall deuoure before him, and it shalbe very tempestuous round about him.

4 He shall call to the heauens from aboue, and to the earth, that hee may iudge his people.

5 Gather my Saints together vnto mee: those that haue made a couenant with me, by sacrifice.

6 And the heauens shall declare his righteousnes; for God is iudge himselfe. Selah.

7 Heare, O my people, and I will speake, O Israel, and I will testifie against thee; I am God, euen thy God.

8 I will not reproue thee for thy sacrifices, or thy burnt offerings, to haue bene continually before me.

9 I will take no bullocke out of thy house, nor hee goates out of thy folds.

10 For euery beast of the forrest is mine, and the cattell vpon a thousand hilles.

11 I know all the foules of the mountaines: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.

12 If I were hungry, I would not tell thee, for the world is mine, and the fulnesse thereof.

13 Will I eate the flesh of bulles, or drinke the blood of goats?

14 Offer vnto God thankesgiuing, and pay thy vowes vnto the most high.

15 And call vpon mee in the day of trouble; I will deliuer thee, and thou shalt glorifie me.

16 But vnto the wicked God saith, What hast thou to doe, to declare my Statutes, or that thou shouldest take my Couenant in thy mouth?

17 Seeing thou hatest instruction, and castest my words behinde thee.

18 When thou sawest a thiefe, then thou consentedst with him, and hast bene partaker with adulterers.

19 Thou giuest thy mouth to euill, and thy tongue frameth deceit.

20 Thou sittest and speakest against thy brother; thou slanderest thine owne mothers sonne.

21 These things hast thou done, and I kept silence: thou thoughtest that I was altogether such a one as thy selfe: but I will reproue thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.

22 Now consider this, ye that forget God, lest I teare you in pieces, and there be none to deliuer.

23 Who so offereth praise, glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conuersation aright, will I shew the saluation of God.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:23 pm
Psalms
Chapter 51

1 To the chiefe Musician. A Psalme of Dauid, when Nathan the Prophet came vnto him, after hee had gone in to Bath-sheba. Haue mercie vpon mee, O God, according to thy louing kindnesse: according vnto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

2 Wash mee throughly from mine iniquitie, and clense me from my sinne.

3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sinne is euer before mee.

4 Against thee, thee onely haue I sinned, and done this euill in thy sight: that thou mightest bee iustified when thou speakest, and be cleare when thou iudgest.

5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquitie: and in sinne did my mother conceiue me.

6 Behold, thou desirest trueth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisedome.

7 Purge me with hyssope, and I shalbe cleane: wash me, and I shall be whiter then snow.

8 Make mee to heare ioy and gladnesse: that the bones which thou hast broken, may reioyce.

9 Hide thy face from my sinnes; and blot out all mine iniquities.

10 Create in mee a cleane heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within mee.

11 Cast mee not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy Spirit from me.

12 Restore vnto me the ioy of thy saluation: and vphold mee with thy free Spirit.

13 Then will I teach transgressours thy wayes, and sinners shalbe conuerted vnto thee.

14 Deliuer mee from blood-guiltinesse, O God, thou God of my saluation: and my tongue shall sing alowd of thy righteousnesse.

15 O Lord open thou my lips, and my mouth shall shew foorth thy praise.

16 For thou desirest not sacrifice: else would I giue it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.

17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

18 Doe good in thy good pleasure vnto Sion: build thou the walles of Ierusalem.

19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousnesse, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullockes vpon thine altar.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:02 am
Psalms
Chapter 52

1 To the chiefe Musician, Maschil, A Psalme of Dauid: When Doeg the Edomite came and told Saul, and said vnto him, Dauid is come to the house of Ahimelech. Why boastest thou thy selfe in mischiefe, O mightie man? the goodnesse of God indureth continually.

2 Thy tongue deuiseth mischiefes: like a sharpe rasor, working deceitfully.

3 Thou louest euill more then good; and lying rather then to speake righteousnesse. Selah.

4 Thou louest all deuouring words, O thou deceitfull tongue.

5 God shall likewise destroy thee for euer, hee shall take thee away and plucke thee out of thy dwelling place, and roote thee out of the land of the liuing. Selah.

6 The righteous also shall see, and feare, and shall laugh at him.

7 Loe, this is the man that made not God his strength: but trusted in the abundance of his riches, and strengthened himselfe in his wickednesse.

8 But I am like a greene oliue tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for euer and euer.

9 I will prayse thee for euer, because thou hast done it: and I will wait on thy name, for it is good before thy Saints.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:11 am
Psalms
Chapter 53

1 To the chiefe musician vpon Mahalath, Maschil, A Psalme of Dauid. The foole hath sayde in his heart, There is no god; Corrupt are they, and haue done abhominable iniquitie; there is none that doth good.

2 God looked downe from heauen vpon the children of men, to see if there were any that did vnderstand, that did seeke God.

3 Euery one of them is gone backe, they are altogether become filthy: there is none that doth good, no not one.

4 Haue the workers of iniquitie no knowledge? who eate vp my people, as they eate bread; they haue not called vpon God.

5 There were they in great feare, where no feare was: for God hath scattered the bones of him that incampeth against thee, thou hast put them to shame, because God hath despised them.

6 O that the saluation of Israel were come out of Sion! when God bringeth backe the captiuitie of his people, Iaakob shall reioyce, and Israel shall be glad.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:55 am
Psalms
Chapter 54

1 To the chiefe musician on Neginoth, Maschil, A Psalme of Dauid. When the Ziphims came and sayde to Saul: doeth not Dauid hide himselfe with vs? Saue me, O God, by thy name, and iudge me by thy strength.

2 Heare my prayer, O God; giue eare to the words of my mouth.

3 For strangers are risen vp against me, and oppressors seeke after my soule; they haue not set God before them. Selah.

4 Behold, God is mine helper: the Lord is with them that vphold my soule.

5 He shall reward euill vnto mine enemies: cut them off in thy trueth.

6 I will freely sacrifice vnto thee; I will praise thy name (O Lord:.) for it is good.

7 For hee hath deliuered me out of all trouble: and mine eye hath seene his desire vpon mine enemies.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:56 am
Psalms
Chapter 55

1 To the chiefe musician on Neginoth, Maschil. A Psalme of Dauid. Giue eare to my prayer, O God: and hide not thy selfe from my supplication.

2 Attend vnto me, and heare me: I mourne in my complaint, and make a noise.

3 Because of the voyce of the enemie, because of the oppression of the wicked: for they cast iniquitie vpon me, and in wrath they hate me.

4 My heart is sore pained within me: and the terrours of death are fallen vpon me.

5 Fearefulnesse and trembling are come vpon me, and horrour hath ouerwhelmed me.

6 And I said, O that I had wings like a doue; for then would I flee away and be at rest.

7 Loe, then would I wander farre off, and remaine in the wildernesse. Selah.

8 I would hasten my escape from the windie storme, and tempest.

9 Destroy, O Lord, and diuide their tongues: for I haue seene violence and strife in the citie.

10 Day and night they goe about it vpon the walles thereof: mischiefe also and sorrow are in the midst of it.

11 Wickednesse is in the midst thereof: deceite and guile depart not from her streets.

12 For it was not an enemie that reproached me, then I could haue borne it, neither was it hee that hated me, that did magnifie himselfe against me, then I would haue hid my selfe from him.

13 But it was thou, a man, mine equal, my guide, and mine acquaintance.

14 Wee tooke sweet counsell together, and walked vnto the house of God in companie.

15 Let death seaze vpon them, and let them goe downe quicke into hell: for wickednes is in their dwellings, and among them.

16 As for me, I will call vpon God: and the Lord shall saue me.

17 Euening and morning, and at noone will I pray, and crie aloud: and he shall heare my voyce.

18 He hath deliuered my soule in peace from the battell that was against me: for there were many with me.

19 God shall heare and afflict them, euen he that abideth of old, Selah: because they haue no changes, therefore they feare not God.

20 He hath put foorth his handes against such as be at peace with him: he hath broken his couenant.

21 The words of his mouth were smoother then butter, but warre was in his heart: his words were softer then oyle, yet were they drawen swords.

22 Cast thy burden vpon the Lord, and he shall sustaine thee: hee shall neuer suffer the righteous to bee moued.

23 But thou, O God, shalt bring them downe into the pit of destruction: Bloody and deceitfull men shall not liue out halfe their dayes, but I will trust in thee.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:25 am
Psalms
Chapter 56

1 To the chiefe musician vpon Ionath Elem Rechokim, Michtam of Dauid, when the Philistines tooke him in Gath. Be mercifull vnto mee, O God, for man would swallow me vp: he fighting daily, oppresseth me.

2 Mine enemies would dayly swallow me vp: for they bee many that fight against me, O thou most high.

3 What time I am afraide, I will trust in thee.

4 In God I will praise his worde, In God I haue put my trust, I will not feare what flesh can doe vnto me.

5 Euery day they wrest my words: all their thoughts are against mee for euill.

6 They gather themselues together; they hide themselues, they marke my steps when they wait for my soule.

7 Shall they escape by iniquitie? in thine anger cast downe the people, O God.

8 Thou tellest my wanderings, put thou my teares into thy bottle: are they not in thy booke?

9 When I crie vnto thee, then shall mine enemies turne backe: this I know, for God is for me.

10 In God will I praise his word: in the Lord will I praise his word.

11 In God haue I put my trust: I will not bee afraid what man can doe vnto me.

12 Thy vowes are vpon me, O God: I will render praises vnto thee.

13 For thou hast deliuered my soule from death: wilt not thou deliuer my feet from falling? that I may walke before God in the light of the liuing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:40 am
Psalms
Chapter 57

1 To the chiefe musician Al-taschith, Michtam of Dauid, when hee fled from Saul in the caue. Be mercifull vnto mee, O God, be merciful vnto me, for my soule trusteth in thee: yea in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, vntill these calamities bee ouerpast.

2 I will crie vnto God most high: vnto God that perfourmeth all things for mee.

3 Hee shall send from heauen, and saue me from the reproch of him, that would swallow me vp; Selah. God shall send forth his mercy and his trueth.

4 My soule is among lyons, and I lie euen among them that are set on fire: euen the sonnes of men, whose teeth are speares and arrowes, and their tongue a sharpe sword.

5 Be thou exalted, O God, aboue the heauens: let thy glory be aboue all the earth.

6 They haue prepared a net for my steppes, my soule is bowed downe: they haue digged a pit before me, into the midst whereof they are fallen themselues. Selah.

7 My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing, and giue praise.

8 Awake vp my glory, awake psalterie and harpe; I my selfe will awake early.

9 I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people; I will sing vnto thee among the nations.

10 For thy mercy is great vnto the heauens, and thy trueth vnto the clouds.

11 Be thou exalted, O God, aboue the heauens: let thy glory be aboue all the earth.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:39 am
Psalms
Chapter 58

1 To the chiefe musician Al-taschith, Michtam of Dauid. Doe yee indeed speake righteousnesse, O congregation? doe ye iudge vprightly, O ye sonnes of men?

2 Yea, in heart you worke wickednesse; you waigh the violence of your hands in the earth.

3 The wicked are estranged from the wombe, they goe astray as soone as they be borne, speaking lies.

4 Their poison is like the poyson of a serpent; they are like the deafe adder that stoppeth her eare:

5 Which will not hearken to the voyce of charmers, charming neuer so wisely.

6 Breake their teeth, O God, in their mouth: breake out the great teeth of the young lyons, O Lord.

7 Let them melt away as waters, which runne continually: When he bendeth his bow to shoote his arrowes, let them be as cut in pieces.

8 As a snaile which melteth, let euery one of them passe away: like the vntimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sunne.

9 Before your pots can feele the thornes, he shall take them away as with a whirlewind, both liuing, and in his wrath.

10 The righteous shall reioyce when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feete in the blood of the wicked.

11 So that a man shall say, Uerily there is a reward for the righteous: verily hee is a God that iudgeth in the earth.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:06 am
Psalms
Chapter 59

1 To the chiefe musician Al-taschith, Michtam of Dauid: when Saul sent, and they watcht the house to kill him. Deliuer me from mine enemies, O my God: defend mee from them that rise vp against me.

2 Deliuer mee from the workers of iniquitie, and saue me from bloodie men.

3 For loe, they lye in waite for my soule; the mighty are gathered against me, not for my transgression, nor for my sinne, O Lord.

4 They runne and prepare themselues without my fault: awake to helpe me, and behold.

5 Thou therefore, O Lord God of hostes, the God of Israel, awake to visite all the heathen: be not mercifull to any wicked transgressours. Selah.

6 They returne at euening: they make a noise like a dogge, and go round about the citie.

7 Behold, they belch out with their mouth: swords are in their lippes; for who, say they, doeth heare?

8 But thou, O Lord, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt haue all the heathen in derision.

9 Because of his strength will I wait vpon thee: for God is my defence.

10 The God of my mercy shall preuent me; God shall let mee see my desire vpon mine enemies.

11 Slay them not, lest my people forget: scatter them by thy power; and bring them downe, O Lord our shield.

12 For the sinne of their mouth, and the words of their lips, let them euen be taken in their pride: and for cursing and lying which they speake.

13 Consume them in wrath, consume them, that they may not be: and let them know that God ruleth in Iacob, vnto the ends of the earth. Selah.

14 And at euening let them returne, and let them make a noise like a dogge, and goe round about the citie.

15 Let them wander vp and downe for meate, and grudge if they be not satisfied.

16 But I will sing of thy power; yea I will sing alowd of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast bene my defence and refuge, in the day of my trouble.

17 Vnto thee, O my strength, wil I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:50 am
Psalms
Chapter 60

1 To the chiefe Musician vpon Shushan-Eduth Michtam of Dauid, to teach. When hee stroue with Aram Naharaim, and with Aram Zobah, when Ioab returned, and smote of Edom in the valley of salt, twelue thousand. O God, thou hast cast vs off; thou hast scattered vs, thou hast bene displeased, O turne thy selfe to vs againe.

2 Thou hast made the earth to tremble; thou hast broken it: heale the breaches thereof, for it shaketh.

3 Thou hast shewed thy people hard things: thou hast made vs to drinke the wine of astonishment.

4 Thou hast giuen a banner to them that feare thee: that it may be displayed because of the trueth. Selah.

5 That thy beloued may be deliuered; saue with thy right hand, and heare mee.

6 God hath spoken in his holinesse, I wil reioyce: I will diuide Shechem, and mete out the valley of Succoth.

7 Gilead is mine, and Manasseh is mine; Ephraim also is the strength of mine head; Iudah is my Lawgiuer.

8 Moab is my wash-pot, ouer Edom wil I cast out my shooe: Philistia, triumph thou because of me.

9 Who wil bring me into the strong citie? who will lead me into Edom?

10 Wilt not thou, O God, which hadst cast vs off? and thou, O God, which didst not goe out with our armies.

11 Giue vs helpe from trouble: for vaine is the helpe of man.

12 Through God wee shall doe valiantly: for he it is that shall tread downe our enemies.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:41 am
Psalms
Chapter 61

1 To the chiefe Musician vpon Neginah. A Psalme of Dauid. Heare my cry, O God, attend vnto my prayer.

2 From the end of the earth wil I cry vnto thee, when my heart is ouerwhelmed: leade me to the rocke, that is higher then I.

3 For thou hast bene a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.

4 I will abide in thy Tabernacle for euer: I will trust in the couert of thy wings. Selah.

5 For thou, O God, hast heard my vowes: thou hast giuen me the heritage of those that feare thy name.

6 Thou wilt prolong the kings life: and his yeeres as many generations.

7 He shall abide before God for euer: O prepare mercy and trueth which may preserue him.

8 So will I sing praise vnto thy name for euer, that I may daily performe my vowes.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:59 am
Psalms
Chapter 62

1 To the chiefe musician, to Ieduthun, A Psalme of Dauid. Truely my soule waiteth vpon God: from him commeth my saluation.

2 He onely is my rocke and my saluation: he is my defence, I shall not be greatly moued.

3 How long wil ye imagine mischiefe against a man? ye shall be slaine all of you: as a bowing wall shall ye be, and as a tottering fence.

4 They onely consult to cast him downe from his excellency, they delight in lies: they blesse with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah.

5 My soule, wait thou onely vpon God: for my expectation is from him.

6 He onely is my rocke and my saluation; he is my defence; I shall not bee moued.

7 In God is my saluation, and my glorie: the rocke of my strength, and my refuge is in God.

8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, powre out your heart before him: God is a refuge for vs. Selah.

9 Surely men of low degree are vanitie, and men of high degree are a lie: to be laid in the ballance, they are altogether lighter then vanitie.

10 Trust not in oppression, become not vaine in robberie: if riches increase, set not your heart vpon them.

11 God hath spoken once; twice haue I heard this, that power belongeth vnto God.

12 Also vnto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercie: for thou renderest to euery man according to his worke.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games