Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:59 pm
"Oh my Garl! There it is!!"

As she spoke, the monster spewed a horrible cloud of poison at Twyla and her friends, striking her full in the face. Twyla sputtered. "Ugh, eww, my mouth was open!!"

Wiping her eyes clear of the dripping poison, she readied her sword in order to rush forward and attack--but quickly realized her legs were too shaky to carry her that far. She looked around to figure out what to do, then spied a closer plant sprout with a hungry mouth. "Okay," she said, "you'll do!"

She stumbled over to the sprout and sliced at it with Tinsel, crying out as she did so:

"We're under attack by trees and shrubs--
Let's trim them down to little stubs!"

((Twyla moves (slowly) to P28, activates Bolstering Speech as a minor, and does a melee basic attack against Plant 3! 19 vs AC; if it hits, it deals 10 dmg. Also, if it hits, Twyla grants 5 temporary hit points to Valac.))

((Saving throw: 2! Failed it!))  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:51 am
Twyla slices the small plant monster clean in two while singing her jolly tune! Valac feels revitalized by this heroic display and gains 5 temporary hit points.

((Valac's turn.))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm
(Regen 2)

Valac shrugs off some of the damage from the poison breath before snapping at Revenge.

"FLANK IT REVENGE!"

(Move to shift to O24)

Then with his newly sharpened, gleaming and blood thirsting(?) blade with a ferocious roar Valac attempted a desperate strike. He swung his massive blade with certainty and landed a vicious blow into the plant dragon. As he realised he hit Valac gripped his fullblade tighter and the flames on his sword erupted changing black for a moment as he unleashed the wrath of hell on his foe.

(27 to hit Desperate fury, damage: 22, free action black wrath of hell for 5 damage and -2 to hit Valac save ends.)

Though despite this show of might Valac does not manage to shrug off the slowing effects of the poison.

(7+2 Vs Poison save)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:33 pm
53/53 hp, Dragon Plant challenged

MOVE ACTION

"On it," he would say, looking down at his feet as he grabbed his halberd with both hands. Carefully stepping widely over the piece of meat, he would adjust to be opposite of Valac.

Quote:
Revenge shifts 1W to R24. If that meat makes it so he can't shift in, he'll regular move to R23 instead, provoking an OA.

MINOR ACTION

"... but only because this way it can focus solely on me. I'm not doing this for tactical advantage," he would explain loudly. He would reach out and tap the creature's hide with the flat of his halberd. "Hey, beastie. You missed one."

Quote:
Divine Challenge on Dragon Plant. It is now marked.

STANDARD ACTION

Whether it turned around to face him or not, he would haul off and thrust his weapon forward, attempting to skewer it near one of its shoulder joints!

Quote:
Enfeebling Strike, 28 vs Dragon Plant's AC. If it hits, 13 damage, it takes -2 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.

(Hopefully you didn't mind me going ahead, DM!)  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:45 am
Plant Food
User Image

Map Details: The brown dots are tree trunks and they are blocking terrain, but are not hard corners. The dark green patches represent thick patches of underbrush and are difficult terrain and provide partial cover where they take up an entire square. Rocks taking up more than one square provide blocking terrain but are not hard corners. The rocks in a single square are difficult terrain and provide partial cover to small creatures or prone medium creatures. The meat is not hindering terrain.

Initiative order
Dragon Plant: -4 to hit; -6 to hit Valac, save ends; marked
Kuori: HP 43/43
Twyla: HP 20/42; slowed, save ends; grabbed by P1; bloodied
Valac: HP 42/57; regen 2; +2 saving throws; slowed, save ends; grabbed by P5
Revenge: HP 40/53
Animated Plants:
Shayne: HP 41/41

Valac tries to shift around the Dragon Plant, but finds the plants and roots wiggling around his feet make it too difficult to do so ((remember, the Dragon Plant has an aura 1 of difficult terrain around him)). However, Valac does manage to strike a fearsome blow into the creature with his massive sword.

As Revenge moves around the giant plant monster, he gets struck by one of its claws for 13 damage, but he does manage to strike back with his halberd in equal measure.

The animated plants shamble forward. One wraps his thorny vines around Twyla, squeezing her for 5 damage and grabbing her. Two go after Valac, but only one manages to hit him (5 damage). He too is grabbed by the plant. The last plant attacks Revenge, but he deftly fends off its attack.

The Dragon Plant lashes out at both Valac and Revenge with its claws, but can't manage to hit either of them.

((Kuori, you're up!))  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:05 am
Kuori fired off 2 more shots.
[Twin shot: 11 to hit for 4 dmg Miss, & 20 to hit for 10 dmg]

Then she moves to cover at V26.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:34 pm
Kuori fires two more shots one looks like it hits the Plant dragon but it glances off his hard wooden carapace.

(Twyla's up)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:36 am
As Twyla turned to see how her friends fared against the massive plant monster, a new shambling sprout moved up to her, entwining her in its vines.

"Ugh! Another one!" Twyla turned towards it with vicious speed and slashed it harshly, calling out to Valac as she did so.

"I'm on my way! You're not alone!
I'll cut these sprouts down on my own!"

As it fell, Twyla stepped out of its vines, taking a moment to herself to breathe and refocus.

"Don't worry yourselves, allies mine,
Though things might be looking dark;
Your friend Twyla's feeling fine,
And here she comes to make her mark!"

Her words sang with magic, and she stood up a little straighter, feeling better as the scratches from the plants began to fade.

She staggered now towards the next plant. Her progress was slower than she would have liked, though; the poison was making her legs feel curiously numb, a fact she tried to ignore. "I'm coming! And boy am I gonna stick you with my sword when I get there!"

((Standard: MBA va Plant 1. 30 vs AC, 9 damage on a hit. Bolstering Speech grants Valac 5 THP.

Minor: Twyla uses Skald's Aura to heal herself. I heal a surge + 5, so 15 HP, bringing me to a total of 35 hp.

Move: Twyla moves to P27.))

((Saving throw vs slowing: 11! I saved!!))  

AlphabetFish

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:03 pm
As Valac was want to the moment he got surrounded he initiated his crimson hurricane rage.

Taking his fullblade firmly in his grip, full of confidence and rage. He pulled back as the sword erupted in flames as if channelling Valac's inner fury then swung with deadly precision causing a gashing wound that also caused the Dragon Plant to erupt into flames.

(Rage of the crimson hurricane: Nat 20 to hit vs ac 38 damage (used flaming sword daily) Ongoing 5 bleeding and 5 fire damage save ends.)

Then following through with that strike Valac cleaved into the next plant tearing it asunder.

(29 to hit vs ac 23 damage)

Finishing the cleave in the last plant behind him lashing out at it furiously.

(25 to hit vs ac 21 damage)

But Valac wasn't done yet continuing the momentum from the cleave he continued it all the way round to take another swing at the Dragon Plant.

(Crit procs Rampage, 22 to hit vs AC 22 damage if hit confirms.)

Beating his chest Valac roared in rage in abyssal, "YAEZA AER I LIZZ TIZZ ESAEU ZESZAHM!"

But the rage making him unable to focus and the excess of the amount of swinging left Valac unable to shrug of the slowed effect.
(7 save).  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:36 pm
40/53 hp, Dragon Plant challenged

(As a note, if the attack the Dragon Plant made against Valac was a separate attack than the one that hit me, it took 7 radiant damage for doing so.)

STANDARD ACTION

"....."

Quote:
Enfeebling Strike, 21 vs P4's AC. On a hit, it takes 8 damage and -2 to attacks until the end of my next turn.

(Relevant)  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:08 am
Plant Food
User Image

Map Details: The brown dots are tree trunks and they are blocking terrain, but are not hard corners. The dark green patches represent thick patches of underbrush and are difficult terrain and provide partial cover where they take up an entire square. Rocks taking up more than one square provide blocking terrain but are not hard corners. The rocks in a single square are difficult terrain and provide partial cover to small creatures or prone medium creatures. The meat is not hindering terrain.

Initiative order
Dragon Plant: -4 to hit; marked
Kuori: HP 43/43
Twyla: HP 35/42; slowed, save ends;
Valac: HP 44/57; regen 2; +2 saving throws; slowed, save ends; +5 THP
Revenge: HP 25/53 Bloodied
Animated Plants:
Shayne: HP 41/41

Twyla deftly stabs the plant grabbing her, and its vines fall limp from around her body. Valac's mighty hew renders the plants around him in twain as he embeds the blade deep into the Dragon Plant. The creature roars in pain and rage. Revenge kills a plant too!

The Dragon Plant lashes out once again with its claws at both Revenge and Valac. (same attack) Valac manages to dodge the attack, but Revenge gets raked across the chest. Even through his plate mail, the blow is quite painful (15 damage). The sap dripping from the wound inflicted by Valac coagulates as the fire stops burning on the Dragon Plant's body.

(Kuori's up!)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:25 am
This fight was going so well! The gods smiled up on them. (save for the dice gods because ******** them)

Two more shots fired in quick succession.
22 vs ac for 14 dmg
21 vs ac for 7 dmg
+1 dmg for quarry
+4 dmg if both hit for a total of 26 dmg

Liking her covered position, Kuori opted not to move. But she did fear the prospect of more plants appearing.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:56 am
FREE ACTION

Seeing Twyla approach out of the corner of his eye after staggering back a step from the blow, he called out to her. "Twyla, be careful! This creature makes it hard to maneuver around it. Be wary of how you approach it!"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:24 am
Twyla looked sharply at the roiling vines around the creature and nodded. "Ohhh! You're right! I'll do what I can from where I am, then!"

Swinging Tinsel in the air, aimed at the massive monster, Twyla sang out with confidence:

"Allies of mine, hear me now!
Things seem bad and spirits low,
But when you strike him, starting now,
You'll draw new strength from each fresh blow!"

The spell almost faltered for a second as the wind whistling through her songblade hit a sour note--but the tune recovered and reached a soaring crescendo.

Twyla winced slightly. "Ugh, I rhymed 'now' with 'now'... Somehow, though, I pulled it off... that was a close one..."

She scurried forward now, flanking the beast with Revenge. "Hack away at it! It'll heal you each time!"

((Standard: Stirring Shout on the Dragon Plant (ranged 10). 20 vs. Will, 15 damage. Until the end of the encounter, whenever an ally of mine hits the Dragon Plant, they will regain 5 hp.

Move: Twyla moves over to O23.))  

AlphabetFish

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:44 pm
Valac continues to heal slightly.

(Regen 2)

Then continuing with his onslaught Valac he unleashed his reserve rage into a strike roaring with fury hammering the strike home with a familiar accuracy.

(Rage strike using rage drake frenzy, 23 to hit vs AC, 32 Damage)

Feeling the rage course through him Valac flicked his blade in a circular motion that would of been dangerous to any enemy nearby but nicked the dragon with the tip of his blade.

(Crimson Hurricane effect, primal melee power successfully hit 4 (Str) damage.)

Finally Valac was invigorated enough to shrug off the slowed effect. (16, Saved)

"Miksq za! MIKSQ ZA!" Shouted Valac holding out his arms inviting the dragon to strike at him.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games