Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
* Harry Potter; Mauraders' Era; lunch (next muggle studies); Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3;
  <3;
View Results

Mmm Bop

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:22 am
Gilderoy bit his lip when McGonagall wrote the first assignment on the board. He started to fidget, slightly, in his seat at the addition on a 12inch essay. Just what was this crazy woman thinking? Not that he minded the work or anything of that sort. It's just, how would he look doing such a tedious, menial task? Better yet, how would his hands look? And the assignment was due at the end of class! How utterly dreadful! Gilderoy took a deep breathe, tosses his hair back politely toward his right shoulder and raised his hand.

"Professor, as much as it dismays me to leave your class or presence even for a moment, I feel the need to alleviate the sudden pressure assailing my bladder. That is to say, may I be excused to the restroom?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:55 pm
"Professor, as much as it dismays me to leave your class or presence even for a moment, I feel the need to alleviate the sudden pressure assailing my bladder. That is to say, may I be excused to the restroom?"
That Gilderoy was quiet the character McGonagall thought to herself with a pursed grin.
"Of course Gilderoy, just be aware, I expect your essay to be of the best quality of this period." she replied as sweetly as she could muster with her high agitation levels.

((Kotoko - Sorry! D: I mistyped this! D=))  

thebeautyofpain

un de plus pamplemousse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:03 pm
James sighed. Of course McG would give them a load of homework on the first day. But two assignments? Due at the end of class? How could she do this to him?! He thought she liked Gryffindors, being Head of House and all!

Grumbling, he pulled out his textbook and set to work on the first assignment. "Conjuring spells, conjuring spells..." he muttered to himself as he ran his finger down the index page. Finally finding the correct page and opening the book to it, he quickly, jotted down the spells and a short summary to go with each. Once he was done, he read it over. Athough he was not altogether pleased with it, he deemed it good enough and started in on the Inanimatus Conjurus work.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Severus looked up as McGonagall started writing on the board. Another twelve inches? Well. These Gryffindors would surely whine about that, no doubt. Smirking, he pulled out another sheet of parchment, turned his book to the page on the Inanimatus Conjurus spell and started writing.

"Hello, Severus, how was your summer?" Severus looked up from his writing to glance at Bellatrix, who was clearly not starting her assignment.

"It was... a summer. Uneventful," he curtly replied, and turned back to his writing. He didn't want to be rude, but he did have an assignment to finish.

Fifteen minutes later, he had produced sixteen incredibly informational and detailed inches. He looked around the room, noticing that pretty much everyone else in the class was still working on their assignments. Snorting, he turned back to Bellatrix. "How was your summer?" he belatedly asked.

un de plus pamplemousse

Freak Show Excess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:50 pm
Sirius sidled into the classroom, glancing over to McGonagall's desk to make sure she wasn't looking before sneaking his way up the rows to where James, Peter and Remus sat. He took a seat next to Remus, grinning at him and waggling his eyebrows, and brought out his book, pretending to have been reading it the whole time. He grinned to himself; McGonagall hadn't seemed to realise that he was late. He looked up at the board and noticed not one, but two assignments listed there. Groaning, he flipped through his book to the chapter on Conjuring spells, writing down everything he thought would be sufficient. After he was done, he glanced at his watch, and noticed that he had enough time to start on the Inanimatus Conjurus essay, so he set about underlining the important bits in his book.

[x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x]

Arthur smiled and laughed good-naturedly at their rather awkward exchange. He turned to walk away, then heard her thank-you, and turned back, grinning. "No problem, no problem! I'm just sorry I couldn't have given you a more useful quill." He chuckled rather embarassedly and ran his hand through his hair. "Ahhh... fair bit of homework she's given us, isn't it? Good thing I've already read up on conjuring spells, or I'd really have a night ahead of me."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:17 am
Bella quickly bullshitted her way through the assignment, not wanting to come up short on the first day off class. She returned her focus to her desk when Severus failed to answer her question, obviously too enthralled with his classwork. It didn't take Bellatrix long to come up with an average essay, mostly done by the time Severus actually decided to answer her question, obviously somewhat confused as to why she would be talking to him.

Keeping her eyes on her paper, she quietly answered Severus, a little curt with him now, that he'd made her wait so long, "It was just fine, thank you."

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

KotokoPlum

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:07 pm
Lynna pulled out her textbook and began reading chapter 7 slowly, but carefully. Resting her cheek on her hand, she scribbled notes on the parchment before her.

Engrossed with the note-taking, she only paused at the sharp clack of chalk on the board. "I'm not even close to finishing," she muttered to herself and looked up with a frown. Sighing in exasperation, she took note of the new assignment on the margin of her notes.

This is definitely not going to be done by the end of class. Lynna blinked back a couple tears of frustration and set about finishing as much as she could.

(How did the essay go from being due at the next class to being at the end of class? ;___; -head spinning-)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:28 pm
"Ahhh... fair bit of homework she's given us, isn't it? Good thing I've already read up on conjuring spells, or I'd really have a night ahead of me."

Odette glanced up at the board and grimaced. Ugh, what is wrong with this teacher? It's the first day. Give us a break, won't you?

"Oh, uh, yeah. I'm sure glad I read up on them, too," she replied in faux good humor, swiftly bringing her textbook out and flipping to chapter 7. Calling upon some knowledge of conjuring spells from the previous year, she was able to jot down the main ideas of the chapter with time to spare.

Inanimatus Conjurus... oh, wait. Crap.

This borrowed quill really wasn't looking too great; it's jagged tip dripped ink across the parchment in protest of its maltreatment. She set the quill down and let her eyes wander over her classmates.

Many were finished, few lagged behind. One stood out to Odette, though. Lynna was focused on the assignment, writing her fastest (which was still relatively slow) and drawing out her letters in precise cursive. She wouldn't finish before class ended either. Odette frowned, but packed her things and leaned back in her seat. I guess that's one way to make an impression.

KotokoPlum

thebeautyofpain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:12 pm
Quills scratching parchment, that was definitely her favorite sound. Soon, not soon enough, McGonagall thought, the bell rang and she dismissed her class.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:03 pm
Xenophilius had just finished his summarizations when McGonagall wrote another assignment on the board. 'Twelve inches? Isn't that a little much for the first day?'He thought. Shrugging, he quickly grabbed some more parchment out of his bag and began writing.

~Some odd period of time later~

Xenophilius set his quill down, flexing his hand. He had just barely managed to finish the essay before class ended. He quickly packed his things up when they were dismissed from the class and was one of the first people out of the room. He quickly walked to his room to drop off his things, and then all but ran to the Great Hall for lunch.

Mistril

Mistril

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:25 pm
Narcissa was almost finished summarizing the different types of conjuring spells when she heard something being written on the board. She stopped working and looked up. 'Twleve inches!? On the first day?! That woman is made of evil!' After glaring at the board for a few more seconds, she quickly finished her summarizations, and started on the essay.

~Later~

Her hand was cramping. She still had at least a paragraph to write, and her hand no longer wanted to cooperate. She rubbed her hand, massaging it, and then picked her quill up. She was determined to finish the stupid essay so she wouldn't have to do it later. She began scribbling words onto the parchment, her writing becoming slightly less perfect. She heard the class being dismissed, but kept writing. 'Almost there... Just a little more... Done!' Smiling brightly(Something so not like her that the moment she realized she was doing it she stopped), Narcissa set her quill down. She began packing her things, noticing that there were still quite a few people in the class. She finished packing her things, and left the class walking slowly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:21 pm
Peter sighed as McGonagall dismissed the class. He was only halfway through the first essay! He realized just how long of a night he was going to be in tonight.
He quickly stuffed his belongings into his bag and waited for James, Remus, and Sirius to finish packing.

thebeautyofpain

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:32 pm
Transfiguration was actually a class that Remus enjoyed, however, he did not like it when McGonagall gave them bookwork that took up the entire class period. He wished that they were doing more magic instead of busy work, but as it was fifth year he supposed that it was expected. Every so often he'd look sideways at Sirius and smile at him, not sure if he saw it, but secretly hoping that he would. He tried so hard not to blush, but he was certain that he was. When class dismissed, he was rather pleased to leave. He shoved his books, parchment, and quill into his leather bag and slung it over his shoulder, waiting for his three other friends to pack up themselves so they could finally leave.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:54 pm
Hearing the bell, James sighed, shoving his things in his bag. Finally. Glancing over his work once more and grimacing at the mediocrity of it, he brought to McGonagall's desk and set it on the accumulating pile. He retreated out the door to wait for the others with Remus, noticing Peter coming along behind him.

"Honestly! I know you like work, Remus, but you can't say you enjoyed that mess," James grumbled at his friend as they all lingered in the hall for Sirius to join them.

un de plus pamplemousse

un de plus pamplemousse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:58 pm
"It was just fine, thank you."

Severus smirked at the overly cool tone Bellatrix took with him. He knew she would be a little offended that he had waited so long to answer her, but he didn't much care.

Hearing the dismissal bell, he packed up all his things and, shouldering his backpack and grabbing his work to hand in, he gave Bellatrix a polite nod and exited the classroom.

He wasn't quite hungry enough for lunch, but he knew he would regret not eating anything later, so he headed in the direction of the Great Hall to grab a small something to eat.

RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff