Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]
Spastic Spazzing Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 361 362 363 364 365 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 9:05 pm
Tobi Kaito

I know bits and pieces of half a dozen or more languages, but am only fluent in English. =w=; I can figure out the gist of most written Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese, though, and can make an educated guess on written Italian. I can read basic Japanese kana (hiragana and katakana), though I only know, like, an anime amount of words and spoken Japanese. (Which is to say, I recognize a lot of common phrases, and know enough about sentence tone to be able to tell when subtitles haven't quite hit the mark.) I can also read written Korean characters, but I don't really know any words in Korean. (I just wanted to be able to read untranslated text, mostly sound effects, in the manga and manhwa I read, so I taught myself three foreign alphabets just for that. cat_lol ) I should try to figure out the Russian alphabet at some point, I only know, like, a fourth of it currently. (I love languages, as I'm sure you can tell.)

Heh, yeh, I've come to realize that most people can't pack up their lives to move as quickly as my beau and I do. Like, everyone else we know takes weeks to get their stuff packed up and moved out of one location? My beau and I spent a couple hours a day for a week boxing up our non-necessaries, and had all our stuff loaded up into a moving truck in a day and a half. Then it only took us two days to get our new place set up, because I am a diligent box labeler. The move before that I think we managed in a week total? We weren't able to box up most of our stuff for that one, but we were also only moving a few miles then and didn't bother renting a truck, just borrowed his 'rents truck for most of the big stuff. (I had also only been out of the hospital for a few weeks tops, so I was definitely not on my A-game for that move.) Though I suppose to be fair, kids don't make the packing up process easier. But also, they've still practically been living out of the RV, yeah? How much stuff can they possibly have not already practically still packed?? I'd think it'd be a pretty simple process to just shuffle things to a new location, but what do I know, I guess...

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 8:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Beau got me flowers for (cat) mother's day!
The alive kind, with dirt, not dead cut flowers.
(Because we had this conversation very early in our relationship; I'd rather a potted plant than a bouquet.)
I was a little worried that they might get transplant sick and keel over, but since my petunias are making new blooms, I suppose I must have done it right and not damaged them when I was loosening their roots for transfer.
Now I have to keep my cats from eating them, which may be an undertaking, because I was given marigolds, as well, and my boys have already shown a penchant for devouring those.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 3:18 pm
Queen Spazzy

I would love to be able to read and write all kanji even if many say it's a PITA to do. sweatdrop
It'd be a great skill to have. 3nodding

Honestly I even feel it's been way too long... I get money is an issue in life as my own pain of life has been dealing with low to no money being an issue since I was a child, & it's attacking me as an adult too thus I hate life most times.
But with both the parents of the six children working and doing overtime it's astonishing they still do not have enough to move out to their own home yet as it feels like they really should have the money by now.
But what do I know? I don't work right now.  
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 3:40 pm
Queen Spazzy
Beau got me flowers for (cat) mother's day!
The alive kind, with dirt, not dead cut flowers.
(Because we had this conversation very early in our relationship; I'd rather a potted plant than a bouquet.)
I was a little worried that they might get transplant sick and keel over, but since my petunias are making new blooms, I suppose I must have done it right and not damaged them when I was loosening their roots for transfer.
Now I have to keep my cats from eating them, which may be an undertaking, because I was given marigolds, as well, and my boys have already shown a penchant for devouring those.

The things we do to protect our fur babies is mighty on it's own. cat_3nodding  

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 8:00 pm
Tobi Kaito

I can read a few kanji, but just a very small, basic few. (Like moon/month, some of the numbers, man, fire, black, cat, rain, princess. Kind of a weird selection, but they're related to things I love, like No Game No Life, some visual kei bands, the Katamari games.) Writing them is harder because every character has a specific stroke sequence, and it's considered, at the least, bad luck and impolite to write them incorrectly. And the thing most native English speakers consider the hardest about the Japanese language is their grammar, because it's a subject-object-verb language as opposed to our subject-verb-object language. They also don't really have plural nouns, you have to infer pluralization from context, usually. (Which is why I get so hung up on people pluralizing words that originate from Japanese, like katana and kimono, because they don't HAVE a plural.) Plus the various levels of politeness/familiarity to pronouns and honorifics. It's a lot to keep track of. But once you learn one non-Romance language, the rest are easier to pick up!

Yeah, I mean, feeding and clothing eight people total is expensive, sure, but... They don't really have any other necessities they have to pay for right now, since I doubt they're paying you anything for lodging or utilities. Which is easily (and I'm generously underestimating here based on the rent and utility rates we've paid before) $700 saved every month. And they've been staying with you for, what, at least two months now, three? Where has that money been going???

Onto the topic of fur babies and flowers, luckily petunias are not particularly toxic to cats. They ARE related to the nightshade family of plants (potatoes, tomatoes, etc.), but their toxicity is lower even than those. And marigolds aren't toxic at all, the blooms can be eaten, are even sold candied sometimes. The boys have managed to paw at my petunia's leaves already (there are claw marks in the foremost leaves at the bottom), but haven't gotten their teeth into them yet. They've been more interested in the petunias than the marigolds this time around...

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 2:00 pm
Queen Spazzy

Nice.
[sorry for super short talk atm, life hassles happening; We may have to get another or move our no solicitors sign. the rv group's "pal officer" came by to check on them today & demand they put the kids through public school to socialize, and lastly arguing amongst all thanks to every little thing backfiring happening too & Regina's fears of losing her kids eating at her.]

God for the kitties to be safe hopefully you can save the flowers some too.  

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 1:25 am
Tobi Kaito

On one hand, the kids really ought to be getting an actual education from SOMEWHERE, public school, private school, online school, some rando at a library willing to take time to teach them some more basics, whatever. On the other hand, if the parents claim homeschooling, no one, not even buddy cop, can force the kids into public school. I mean, they're technically enrolled somewhere, so they're not truant, and that should be the end of the involvement of the law in their education. (Other areas, sure, with probable cause, but schooling? Not really.)
And if she's afraid something is going on that could convince the system to intervene and separate the kids from her, shouldn't she, y'know, be doing something about it?? I just... don't understand the logic, I guess.
Anyway, hope things start going right for them so they can get their s**t together and get out to their own place.

My boys have mostly been leaving the flowers alone the past couple days. The beau got new shoes, so the boys got boxes as a present. I put a blanket in each box, and now they hardly move from them. Hope the trend continues.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 2:05 am

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 6:19 pm
Queen Spazzy

Yup but people are always crazy as they are.

Cats deserve the best.  
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 7:27 am
Tobi Kaito

I think this comic represents my cats pretty well. cat_lol
Occasionally I wish I could give my boys more, but, well, they're happy, healthy, and spoiled with love. Don't think they need much else, really.
(Note: the image is linked from some third-party blog because I wasn't about to go digging through social media to find the right pic, but you can turn up the artist's official pages, including Webtoons, with the search term "weflapscomics," in the event you wanted to hunt their stuff down.)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 3:44 pm
Queen Spazzy

The best part is that comic also fits my baby Katt Bartlet and Nathan's baby Cappi.

Cappi is the full comic & my baby is the bottom half as she'll beg for me to hold her than act all fierce and in charge when I am holding her.
(I now got another cat based web comic to read it seems. cat_whee )

Lately I been watching anime a lot on Crunchy Roll and my go to so far now lately has been re-watching One Piece episodes I seen and seeing ones I haven't from past thanks to Toonami on Cartoon Network which I got late in my life cause of how my father was with Television anything.
Along with that I've been watching more Black Clover & re-watching dragon ball, started up Isekai Izakaya: Japanese Food From Another World, Watched Tokyo Revengers, re-watched Nanbaka, watched Spy X Family & watched some Toriko all while waiting on Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-Kun to get season four. (I like my anime. sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 3:40 am
Tobi Kaito

Happy to share fun web comics with you~
I can't take credit for finding it, though, it came up on Facebutts for my beau and he showed it to me. And then, of course, I hunted down the source. cat_sweatdrop
But my boys fit both sides, especially after they've had n**, for the top half. (They're n** snobs, it has to be organic, grown and packaged in the US stuff, or they won't touch it. Used to be hard to get n** for them unless someone in the fam gave us wild grown stuff. A bit better where we are now, there's some local farm or something that grows and packages the stuff and it is sold at one of the local grocery stores. They go absolutely bananas for it.) Bottom half is just all the time, though, they do a lot of shouting at me or patting my butt to get me to let them into my lap. (No, I'm not kidding about the pats; the long-haired boy is nicknamed "Captain Patass" because that's one of his favorite ways to get my attention while I'm sitting. He'll also pull hair when we're laying down and sleeping to get us up.)

Iruma~!!! That's one of my favorite anime. Clara is my spirit animal. We watch a lot of anime, too. Not as much right now since it's that kind of between seasons lull, but Crunchyroll is the only streaming service we actually pay for. If you haven't heard of or watched/read Solo Leveling, I definitely recommend it! (Though maybe wait until there is no risk of kiddos trying to sneak in and watch, it's... pretty violent and dark, not exactly kid-friendly.) That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime is supposed to have a new season coming soon, so this would be a good time to catch up or rewatch that one! We started Kaiju No. 8. It's a good mix of silly and action, we've enjoyed what we've seen so far. (Which is only the first two episodes for me, beau may have continued without me, my sleep schedule is wobbly.) It originally only had our attention because one of our favorite artists (Yungblud) did the opening theme, but it ended up being pretty fun. I've seen... half? Ish? of the first season of Spy X Family. It's cute, but it didn't really hold my interest. I don't like sitting through characters in embarrassing situations, and that was... most of the plot, so...
I really want to watch Delicious in Dungeon, but it's a Netflix exclusive. cat_crying A real shame, I LOVE the manga (well, the first six volumes, at any rate, my library's copy of the seventh seems to have gone missing, so I haven't been able to read the rest. =w=; ), but Netflix and their ever-increasing sub rates can suck eggs.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 5:55 pm
Queen Spazzy

Aye Netflix charges suck. xp It's why we here got Plex which lets you add your own shows to watch, but apart from that we got Crunchy Roll as anime fans clearly.
The 100% joking of blasphemy of my nephew Travis though... As he loves Zoro from One Piece and Crunchy Roll has pictures for your profile to be him, yet he chose Monkey D. Luffy so he betrayed his boy 100%. (Really we all like many characters in all anime. razz But I am shocked he picked Luffy over Zoro for his picture.)

Ah the crazy sleep schedule, wont lie that has been loads of my life when I hit eleven years old & grew worse when I got into high school & my young adulthood caring for my father with Alzheimer's as dealing with family members or really anyone with Alzheimer's in general will make the sleep schedule wild.
Sleeping schedule of mine when I took care of my dad with Alzheimer's; Fall asleep safely hour: Maybe midnight or at 3am, Be awake hours: 3:30am or 4am, Other moments were you had to stay up for nearly two or three days straight as whom knows when he'll settle to sleep or be awake & you got to be awake to stop your father from doing the embarrassing/stressful thing of taking a walk outside butt naked as you don't want to deal with cops getting pissy at you. And if not that you're up tying to gently explain without setting him off into an angry outburst how he's not in the war of Vietnam again, in an airport, or the roughest memory for us both just got back from the hospital the day of my mother's death where you're now your older half brother Jim whom took us both back home and get to hear the conversations of your innocent mind from the past as your dad says "*name* is believing your mother is just at the hospital still recovering Jim, I don't know how we are going to explain such a strong concept to such a young boy his age." it sucks as I than had to say the honest answer of my past back "I think he knows dad, he's just horribly in denial as it's a rough thing to believe especially when you are that young and sadly were right there to witness it, in fact *says my own name like it isn't me but my older brother Jim talking* may need to into therapy or some consoler to talk all about it. I can go looking around for a good one that's in budget for us since we still have Jon's graduation coming up soon." (This was all the real life case Jim looked for a person and they got me into a consoler both in school as school was free & then a nurse whom wanted to do work in that field decided to take me too. Both helped a young me some but really I think being witness broke me a lot some still to this day as now when older I'm more talkative and a little assertive to be allowed to talk compared to back when a child I would let a.holes like my now an ex-friend Fred do all my talking as I was just that Introverted.)
{Still introverted as hell hence my panic with all the people even if they are my family out in that RV of theirs, but I'll attempt to speak loudly now compared to past. Shockingly even in my turned into a delinquent cause of bad people made me do it teenager times I wasn't even a loud person, which is probably what made me scarier to people... I mean what's worse a person shouting they'll club your head with some brass knuckles, or the one whom quietly says "don't..." shoots a death glare at you and then when you do whatever upset them again they just swing the weapon at your head full force? sweatdrop }

I got a crazy life past, present, and possibly future. emotion_yatta

My Kat Bartlet never grew out of the love bites, she'll head butt like Cappi shown to do too but she still just loves to chomp down on your arms or nose and purr with love at you still which I find both a mix of annoying and cute. It's cute for she still is baby, but annoying when not expecting her to go for the bite as she'll play the trick of go full head butt pose but then when near you she'll turn and do the love bite instead.  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 6:10 am
Tobi Kaito

We share other services with our family. Mostly because they want to talk about whatever they're watching with us so we have to watch it too. cat_xd We do help pay for the one I share with my side of the family, but that's 'cause it's bundled with our phone bill. (My beau and I are both on my mom's plan because it's cheaper to just pay our share than to start a new plan. Taxes, amirite?)

My sleep schedule has always been weird. cat_sweatdrop My mom has told me stories of how difficult I was as a toddler because my father worked nights and I would sleep on his schedule to see him. (I adored my father when I was still too little to know he wasn't worth my time.) And then when I was old enough to use the internet unsupervised (i.e. a teen), I'd sleep days and stay up nights because we had dial-up and I wasn't allowed to tie up the phone line during the day. And now, my natural cycle seems to be non-twenty-four circadian, so I have rotating waking hours. I've never been a very good day person, though. I only took morning classes when I had no choice in uni, mostly they were all noon or later. I... skipped morning classes somewhat regularly. (But it was fine, the one I best remember was just a math course, I could [literally, as my freshman year algebra 2 course demonstrated] pass that in my sleep.)
(I also skipped my movement study course, kendo, a lot. I think I aced that one on pity points since I literally blacked out in class. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed practicing kendo, still have my shinai, but it was not a good course for me. Just... anxiety, and the way my body works worked against me and forced me to sit out half the time even when I DID attend. Ah, the times when I was trying so desperately to be a 'real person'...)

It's pretty normal for the things you experienced to affect you like they did. I'd honestly be MORE concerned if they hadn't affected you. That'd generally be an indicator of lack of empathy, which is in turn an indicator for sociopathic behaviors. Still think it's absurd that NO ONE helped you out with your father, though. Being sole caretaker of an adult when you're still a child yourself is something that just shouldn't be allowed to happen when people are available to help.
(And yes, it's always the quiet ones you have to look out for. The ones that shout loudest are usually just peacocking brats with an, at best, average share of stones. The quiet ones are probably honing a shiv in the background in preparation for their worst expectations. Goodness knows all the delinquent kids knew I was dangerous despite being a good, rule-abiding student. I didn't make threats I couldn't see to fruition.)

My boys haven't been able to claim to be actual babies for several years. cat_rofl They're teenagers now, though they are my babies still, of course. Chonk only bites when there is n** involved (he has an extra share of violence when he is nipped up), but Fluff still does love nibbles, and he also bites specifically to pinch to get our attention. Sometimes he chooses violence and chomps down when he doesn't think you're petting him correctly. He's also bitten me for trimming his butt hair and bathing him. =w=; (He is The Stench, and gets poop in his fur sometimes. Typical gross boy-child, right?)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 9:32 am
Don't ask how long it took me to finally find a search term that would reliably turn up images for Suzie from Mairimashita! Iruma-kun.
It's been a loooong time.

It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 361 362 363 364 365 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces