Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 1, 6, 6 Total: 13 (3-30)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:08 pm

He bowed his head silently, muttering apologies under his breath. A grand play by Kaichiyo-hime, but would it be enough?

Int/Shogi - 3k3+19
13+19=32
Glory Sieg rolled 7 10-sided dice: 6, 10, 7, 7, 1, 5, 10 Total: 46 (7-70)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:46 pm

"Depending on who you ask, this entire game is a Scorpion trap, isn't it?" Kyouya smiled. While they weren't as evil as the Mantis or the Spider, the Scorpion were reviled just as much in some cases. Rigging games wasn't out of their hand either.

"Don't change your tempo to get back into the game," she warned, hearing the beat as she made her move. "The dancers don't control what the musicians play; the musicians control how the dancers move."

Int/Shogi: 4k2 (with 3 dice for kabooms)

19 + 18 = 37!

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:50 pm

The Match-ups
NORTH vs SOUTH
Moto Guntomar (+1) vs Shosuro Nene (+3) - Evenly Matched
Ide Seibei (+1) vs Asako Mina (+1) - North Advantage
Shiba Noburo (+2) vs Tara (+2) - North Advantage
Ide Urako (+2) vs Shosuro Kyouya - 16/17
Toku Seiichi (+0) vs Mirumoto Katsunan (+1) - South Check
Akodo Tamafune (+2) vs Morito Denbe (+3) - North Check
Himura Naohiko vs Kitsuki Senzo (+3) - South Checkmate
Bayushi Kojiro (+2) vs Ikoma Ryobe (+2) - North Checkmate
Kitsune Ippei (+0) vs Yoritomo Katsue (+0) - North Advantage
Akodo Masaru (+4) vs Kuni Taniko (+3) - Evenly Matched
Daigotsu Josuke (+1) vs Shinjo Hideki (+2) - North Advantage
Matsu Ami (+3) vs Kakita Mitsuko (+1) - North Advnatage
Himura Gendo vs Himura Kaichiyo - 18/6

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

From your angle, unfortunately, you can't get a good bead on what Kioko is watching.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo, Gendo:

Kaichiyo seems to have her gaze averted to her left, while absentmindedly moving a piece forward. SHE TOOK GENDO'S GOLD GENERAL?!

Gendo, you probably have to triple take, just to make sure the play she just made was legal. You're not even sure Kaichiyo realized what she did.

Gendo loses 1 point!

--------------------

@ Kyouya:

"......... oh~!" Urako would suddenly say, perking up. She caught on to something you were setting up, and a knight of hers took one of your promoted pieces, interrupting the positioning you were doing.

56 vs Kyouya's 37. She loses her promoted +2 piece!

She would not say anything more, but instead, smiled at you as she watched you intently to see your reaction. Her drumming has stopped.

--------------------

@ Tadao:

"... and yet they hold on! Initial casualties aside, these generals are forces to be reckoned with, truly a tribute to their respective lords!" the Ikoma announces.

There were some cheers from various onlookers, but Tadao would continue. "Despite that, it seems like the North has a distinct advantage - if they are victorious, it will look doomed for the South! How will this initial conflict end?!"
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 4, 8, 9, 5, 9, 4 Total: 39 (6-60)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:38 pm

Naohiko would be content to cheer on his fellow Kraken. He could wait until the break to give paper Setsuna-tan over to Kioko. Naohiko would then try to see if Usagi-san was in attendance at this event.

OOC:
4k2 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
1 raise called to account for Usagi-san's timid nature and look for little obscure places she might try to hide in.
Dice: 4,8,9,5
Results: 17-5

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Paidi tou Selini rolled 4 10-sided dice: 1, 2, 2, 10 Total: 15 (4-40)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:24 am

My, what a beautiful r- umm... k-kimono. Yes, that was it. So alluring. While the encouragement had felt insincere, she found her spirits rising regardless.

Looking back at the board, she was quite surprised to find her position ever so slightly improved. It wasn't enough to save her from the encroaching checkmate a few moves away, but it was a satisfying little backlash against the waves that had crashed down upon her all match.

"Right. Just hold out until reinforcements can come. Even if I am to fall, I will ensure your army is incapable of harming my allies!" she declared boldly, that oh-so-familiar glimmer of supernatural inspiration sparkling in her eyes as she moved to advance her position despite the vulnerabilities everywhere in her line. If she could force him to defend, maybe it would buy her the time she needed to regroup.

[Intelligence/Games: Shogi (Untrained)
Void Point spent for +1k1
Roll: 4k4 +6
1, 2, 2, 10 = 15 + 6 = 21]
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 6, 2, 8 Total: 16 (3-30)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:58 pm

Gendo leaned forward, shifting Setsuna in his lap as he did so. "Hmm..." And then he moved some pieces, attempting to gain the kill.

Int/Games: Shogi - 3k3
16+18=34

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Glory Sieg rolled 7 10-sided dice: 2, 3, 5, 6, 6, 6, 4 Total: 32 (7-70)

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:04 pm

"Oh-ho," Kyouya quipped, smirking at the turn around. "I was trying to be too sly for my own good. Well, goes to show you, a lead is just as fickle as anything else." She exhaled softly. It would take a while to get back in a good position.

Int/Shogi: 4k2 (with 3 dices for kabooms)

11 + 16 = 27!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:51 pm

The Match-ups
NORTH vs SOUTH
Moto Guntomar (+1) vs Shosuro Nene (+3) - South Advantage
Ide Seibei (+1) vs Asako Mina (+1) - Evenly Matched
Shiba Noburo (+2) vs Tara (+2) - Evenly Matched
Ide Urako (+2) vs Shosuro Kyouya - 14/17
Toku Seiichi (+0) vs Mirumoto Katsunan (+1) - South Checkmate
Akodo Tamafune (+2) vs Morito Denbe (+3) - North Checkmate
Himura Naohiko vs Kitsuki Senzo (+3) - South Checkmate
Bayushi Kojiro (+2) vs Ikoma Ryobe (+2) - North Checkmate
Kitsune Ippei (+0) vs Yoritomo Katsue (+0) - Evenly Matched
Akodo Masaru (+4) vs Kuni Taniko (+3) - Evenly Matched
Daigotsu Josuke (+1) vs Shinjo Hideki (+2) - North Check
Matsu Ami (+3) vs Kakita Mitsuko (+1) - North Check
Himura Gendo vs Himura Kaichiyo - North Checkmate

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Unfortunately, there's no sign of Usagi Ichi. That you can spot with a 12, anyways.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo, Gendo:

"Hmm" indeed! Kaichiyo, as you watch, Gendo finally sweeps away any pieces that stand between you and your king. Any future moves he makes will simply be repeatedly checking you until he gets that checkmate.

Kaichiyo loses 13 points, and is eliminated!

--------------------

@ Kyouya:

"Well, that just goes to show one. The Unicorn aren't push-overs! Now let's see what else I can do here, with this..."

Tap tap tap tap tappity tap tap tap tap tap tappity tappity tap...

She would move to prepare for another disruption of your ranks, completely neglecting the knight she advanced forward, allowing you to take it in retribution. "H-hey!" Seeing that advance, she moved a piece out of harm's way... once against leaving the prior piece she had moved unattended, and it was taken too. "G'ah! Way to make yourself look foolish, Urako!" she hissed aloud, now being VERY careful of her moves.

Urako gets 25 vs your 27, and loses 2 points!

--------------------

@ Tadao:

"Hold the Air Kami, folks, these past few minutes have been exciting! Not one, not two, but three battles have been decided!" Ikoma Tadao announces, catching Naohiko's attention.

"One of the Southern Generals has claimed victory! A general of the Dragon Clan, General Katsunan, has joined his clansmate Senzo in victory!"

"Bloody Jigoku... what was that?" Toku Seiichi would mutter, rubbing the side of his head in confusion as he looked at the board.

"I, uh... I think they call that, 'dumb luck', Toku-san..." the Dragon would say awkwardly, kind of uncomfortable with the fact that he actually won.

"WELL, MATE... I CHALLENGE YOU TO A REMATCH! RIGHT NOW!" Seiichi points across the table dramatically.

"I don't think... that's how... it works, Toku-san..." Katsunan said lowly, trying to shrink away in embarrassment.

"OH, IT'S NOT? Er, I mean, it's not?" Seiichi retracted his pointing finger reluctantly, and looked around.

"............ but if you turn your gazes over here," Tadao continued, "... you will see that the North has claimed two more fronts! On one hand, General Tamafune has gotten the better of General Denbe..."

The two at the indicated table would rise, and bow to one another.

"I thought I had you, Akodo-san. It would have been quite the feat to best a Lion at their premiere game..." the Ox minor clansman would say to his better.

"I'm the kind of player that rises to the challenge. How close the match was, was testament to your own ability, Morito-san."

The two would exchange friendly smiles, and the Ox would leave.

"... while in one unique matchup, one Kraken has defeated another! General Gendo of the North has felled his rival, General Kaichiyo of the South!"

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:33 pm

Gendo would just stand, holding Setsuna, and bow deeply. "Thank you for the match, Kaichiyo-hime."
Glory Sieg rolled 7 10-sided dice: 6, 4, 6, 1, 6, 1, 2 Total: 26 (7-70)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:43 am

"You are not foolish, Urako," Kyouya chastised her berating of herself. "Don't get caught up in mistakes. You only open yourself up to make more~" She nodded smartly before moving her pieces forward, continuing her attack.

Int/Shogi: 4k2 (with 3 dice for kabooms)

12 + 17 = 29!

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games