Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:01 am
Psalms
Chapter 63
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 A Psalme of Dauid, when hee was in the wildernesse of Iudah. O God, thou art my God, earely will I seeke thee: my soule thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee, in a drie and thirstie lande, where no water is:

2 To see thy power and thy glory, so as I haue seen thee in the Sanctuary.

3 Because thy louing kindnes is better then life: my lips shal praise thee.

4 Thus will I blesse thee, while I liue: I will lift vp my handes in thy Name.

5 My soule shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatnesse: and my mouth shall praise thee with ioyfull lips:

6 When I remember thee vpon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.

7 Because thou hast bene my helpe; therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I reioyce.

8 My soule followeth hard after thee: thy right hand vpholdeth me.

9 But those that seeke my soule to destroy it, shall goe into the lower parts of the earth.

10 They shall fall by the sword: they shall be a portion for foxes.

11 But the King shal reioyce in God; euery one that sweareth by him shall glorie: but the mouth of them that speake lies, shall be stopped.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:27 am
Psalms
Chapter 64
Viewing the original 1611

1 To the chiefe musician, a Psalme of Dauid. Heare my voice, O God, in my praier; preserue my life from feare of the enemie.

2 Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked: from the insurrection of the workers of iniquitie:

3 Who whet their tongue like a sword, and bend their bowes to shoote their arrowes, euen bitter words:

4 That they may shoote in secret at the perfect: suddenly doe they shoote at him, and feare not.

5 They incourage themselues in an euill matter: they commune of laying snares priuily; they say, Who shall see them?

6 They search out iniquities, they accomplish a diligent search: both the inward thought of euery one of them, and the heart, is deepe.

7 But God shall shoote at them: with an arrowe, sodenly shall they be wounded.

8 So they shall make their owne tongue to fall vpon themselues: all that see them, shall flee away.

9 And all men shall feare, and shall declare the worke of God; for they shall wisely consider of his doing.

10 The righteous shalbe glad in the Lord, and shall trust in him; and all the vpright in heart shall glory.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:04 am
Psalms
Chapter 65

1 To the chiefe musician, a Psalme and song of Dauid. Praise waiteth for thee, O God, in Sion: and vnto thee shall the vowe be performed.

2 O thou that hearest prayer, vnto thee shall all flesh come.

3 Iniquities preuaile against me: as for our transgressions, thou shalt purge them away.

4 Blessed is the man whom thou choosest and causest to approach vnto thee, that hee may dwell in thy Courts: we shalbe satisfied with the goodnesse of thy house, euen of thy holy temple.

5 By terrible things in righteousnesse, wilt thou answere vs, O God of our saluation: who art the confidence of all the ends of the earth, and of them that are a farre off vpon the sea.

6 Which by his strength setteth fast the mountaines; being girded with power.

7 Which stilleth the noise of the seas; the noise of their waues, and the tumult of the people.

8 They also that dwell in the vttermost parts are afraid at thy tokens: thou makest the outgoings of the morning, and euening to reioyce.

9 Thou visitest the earth and waterest it: thou greatly inrichest it with the riuer of God which is full of water; thou preparest them corne, when thou hast so prouided for it.

10 Thou waterest the ridges thereof abundantly: thou settlest the furrowes thereof: thou makest it soft with showres, thou blessest the springing thereof.

11 Thou crownest the yeere with thy goodnesse; and thy paths drop fatnesse.

12 They drop vpon the pastures of the wildernesse; and the little hilles reioyce on euery side.

13 The pastures are cloathed with flockes; the valleis also are couered ouer with corne; they shout for ioy, they also sing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:15 am
Psalms
Chapter 66

1 To the chiefe musician, a song or Psalme. Make a ioyfull noise vnto God, all yee lands.

2 Sing forth the honour of his name: make his praise glorious.

3 Say vnto God, How terrible art thou in thy workes? through the greatnesse of thy power shall thine enemies submit themselues vnto thee.

4 All the earth shall worship thee; and shall sing vnto thee, they shall sing to thy name; Selah.

5 Come and see the workes of God: he is terrible in his doing toward the children of men.

6 He turned the sea into dry land: they went through the flood on foote, there did we reioyce in him.

7 He ruleth by his power for euer, his eyes behold the nations: let not the rebellious exalt themselues. Selah.

8 O blesse our God, yee people, and make the voice of his praise to be heard.

9 Which holdeth our soule in life, and suffereth not our feete to be moued.

10 For thou, O God, hast proued vs: thou hast tried vs, as siluer is tryed.

11 Thou broughtest vs into the net; thou layedst affliction vpon our loynes.

12 Thou hast caused men to ride ouer our heads, we went through fire, and through water: but thou broughtest vs out into a wealthy place.

13 I will goe into thy house, with burnt offerings: I will pay thee my vowes,

14 Which my lips haue vttered, and my mouth hath spoken, when I was in trouble.

15 I will offer vnto thee burnt sacrifices of fatlings, with the incense of rammes: I will offer bullockes with goates. Selah.

16 Come and heare all ye that feare God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soule.

17 I cried vnto him with my mouth: and he was extolled with my tongue.

18 If I regard iniquitie in my heart: the Lord will not heare me.

19 But verily God hath heard mee; hee hath attended to the voice of my prayer.

20 Blessed bee God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercie from me.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:09 am
Psalms
Chapter 67

1 To the chiefe Musician on Neginoth. A Psalme or song. God be mercifull vnto vs, and blesse vs: and cause his face to shine vpon vs. Selah.

2 That thy way may bee knowen vpon earth, thy sauing health among all nations.

3 Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.

4 O let the nations be glad, and sing for ioy: for thou shalt iudge the people righteously; and gouerne the nations vpon earth. Selah.

5 Let the people praise thee, O God, let all the people praise thee.

6 Then shall the earth yeeld her increase; and God, euen our owne God, shall blesse vs.

7 God shall blesse vs; and all the ends of the earth shall feare him.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:03 am
Psalms
Chapter 68

1 To the chiefe Musician. A Psalme or song of Dauid. Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him, flee before him.

2 As smoke is driuen away, so driue them away: as waxe melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.

3 But let the righteous be glad: let them reioyce before God, yea let them exceedingly reioyce.

4 Sing vnto God, sing praises to his Name: extoll him that rideth vpon the heauens, by his Name Iah, and reioyce before him.

5 A father of the fatherlesse, and a iudge of the widowes, is God in his holy habitation.

6 God setteth the solitary in a families: hee bringeth out those which are bound with chaines, but the rebellious dwell in a dry land.

7 O God, when thou wentest forth before thy people; when thou didst march through the wildernes, Selah.

8 The earth shooke, the heauens also dropped at the presence of God: euen Sinai it selfe was mooued at the presence of God, the God of Israel.

9 Thou, O God, didst send a plentifull raine, whereby thou didst confirme thine inheritance, when it was weary.

10 Thy Congregation hath dwelt therein: thou, O God, hast prepared of thy goodnesse for the poore.

11 The Lord gaue the word: great was the company of those that published it.

12 Kings of armies did flee apace: and she that taried at home, diuided the spoile.

13 Though ye haue lien among the pots, yet shall yee bee as the wings of a doue, couered with siluer, and her feathers with yellow gold.

14 When the Almighty scattered Kings in it, it was white as snow in Salmon.

15 The hil of God is as the hill of Bashan, an high hill as the hill of Bashan.

16 Why leape ye, ye high hilles? this is the Hil which God desireth to dwell in, yea the Lord will dwel in it for euer.

17 The chariots of God are twentie thousand, euen thousands of Angels: the Lord is among them as in Sinai, in the holy place.

18 Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast ledde captiuitie captiue, thou hast receiued giftes for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the Lord God might dwell among them.

19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth vs with benefits, euen the God of our saluation. Selah.

20 Hee that is our God, is the God of saluation; and vnto God the Lord belong the issues from death.

21 But God shall wound the head of his enemies: and the hairy scalpe of such a one as goeth on still in his trespasses.

22 The Lord said, I will bring againe from Bashan, I will bring my people againe from the depthes of the sea:

23 That thy foote may be dipped in the blood of thine enemies, and the tongue of thy dogges in the same.

24 They haue seene thy goings, O God, euen the goings of my God, my King, in the Sanctuarie.

25 The singers went before, the players on instruments followed after; amongst them were the damosels playing with timbrels.

26 Blesse yee God, in the Congregations, euen the Lord, from the fountaine of Israel.

27 There is little Beniamin with their ruler, the princes of Iudah and their Councill, the princes of Zebulun, and the princes of Naphtali.

28 Thy God hath commanded thy strength: strengthen, O God, that which thou hast wrought for vs.

29 Because of thy Temple at Ierusalem, shall kings bring presents vnto thee.

30 Rebuke the company of spearemen, the multitude of the bulles, with the calues of the people, till euery one submit himselfe with pieces of siluer: scatter thou the people that delite in warre.

31 Princes shall come out of Egypt, Ethiopia shall soone stretch out her hands vnto God.

32 Sing vnto God, yee kingdomes of the earth: O sing praises vnto the Lord, Selah:

33 To him that rideth vpon the heauens of heauens, which were of olde: loe, hee doeth send out his voice, and that a mightie voice.

34 Ascribe yee strength vnto God: his excellencie is ouer Israel, and his strength is in the cloudes.

35 O God, thou art terrible out of thy holy places: the God of Israel is he that giueth strength, and power vnto his people: blessed be God.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:57 am
Psalms
Chapter 69

1 To the chiefe musician vpon Shoshannim, A Psalme of Dauid. Saue mee, O God, for the waters are come in vnto my soule.

2 I sinke in deepe mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deepe waters, where the flouds ouerflow me.

3 I am weary of my crying, my throate is dried: mine eyes faile while I waite for my God.

4 They that hate mee without a cause, are moe then the haires of mine head: they that would destroy me, being mineenemies wrongfully, are mightie: then I restored that which I tooke not away.

5 O God, thou knowest my foolishnesse; and my sinnes are not hidde from thee.

6 Let not them that waite on thee, O Lord God of hostes, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seeke thee, beconfounded for my sake, O God of Israel.

7 Because for thy sake I haue borne reproch: shame hath couered my face.

8 I am become a stranger vnto my brethren, and an aliant vnto my mothers children.

9 For the zeale of thine house hath eaten mee vp; and the reproches of them that reproched thee, are fallen vpon me.

10 When I wept, and chastened my soule with fasting, that was to my reproch.

11 I made sackecloth also my garment: & I became a prouerbe to them.

12 They that sit in the gate, speake against mee; and I was the song of the drunkards.

13 But as for mee, my prayer is vnto thee, O Lord, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercie heareme, in the trueth of thy saluation.

14 Deliuer me out of the mire, and let me not sinke: let me bee deliuered from them that hate me, and out of thedeepe waters.

15 Let not the water flood ouerflow me, neither let the deepe swallow mee vp, and let not the pit shut her mouth vponme.

16 Heare me, O Lord, for thy louing kindnesse is good: turne vnto mee according to the multitude of thy tendermercies.

17 And hide not thy face from thy seruant, for I am in trouble: heare me speedily.

18 Draw nigh vnto my soule, and redeeme it: deliuer me because of mine enemies.

19 Thou hast knowen my reproch and my shame and my dishonor: mine aduersaries are all before thee.

20 Reproch hath broken my heart, and I am full of heauines: and I looked for some to take pitie, but there was none;and for comforters, but I found none.

21 They gaue mee also gall for my meat, and in my thirst they gaue mee vineger to drinke.

22 Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should haue bene for their welfare, let it become atrap.

23 Let their eyes be darkened that they see not; and make their loines continually to shake.

24 Powre out thine indignation vpon them, and let thy wrathfull anger take hold of them.

25 Let their habitation be desolate, and let none dwell in their tents.

26 For they persecute him whō thou hast smitten, and they talke to the griefe of those whom thou hast wounded.

27 Adde iniquitie vnto their iniquitie: and let them not come into thy righteousnesse.

28 Let them bee blotted out of the booke of the liuing, and not be written with the righteous.

29 But I am poore, and sorowfull: let thy saluation (O God) set me vp on high.

30 I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnifie him with thankesgiuing.

31 This also shall please the Lord better then an oxe or bullocke that hath hornes and hoofes.

32 The humble shall see this, and be glad: and your heart shall liue that seeke good.

33 For the Lord heareth the poore, and despiseth not his prisoners.

34 Let the heauen and earth praise him, the seas, and euery thing that moueth therein.

35 For God will saue Sion, and will build the cities of Iudah, that they may dwell there, and haue it in possession.

36 The seede also of his seruants shall inherit it: and they that loue his name shall dwell therein.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:30 am
Psalms
Chapter 70

1 To the chiefe musician, a psalme of Dauid, to bring to remembrance. Make haste, O God, to deliuer mee, make haste to helpe me, O Lord.

2 Let them be ashamed and confounded that seeke after my soule: let them be turned backward, and put to confusion, that desire my hurt.

3 Let them be turned backe for a reward of their shame, that say, Aha, aha.

4 Let all those that seeke thee, reioyce, and be glad in thee: and let such as loue thy saluation, say continually, Let God be magnified.

5 But I am poore and needy, make haste vnto me, O God: Thou art my helpe and my deliuerer, O Lord make no tarrying.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:54 pm
Psalms
Chapter 71

1 In thee, O Lord, doe I put my trust, let me neuer be put to confusion.

2 Deliuer mee in thy righteousnesse, and cause me to escape: incline thine eare vnto me, and saue me.

3 Bee thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast giuen commandement to saue mee, for thou art my rocke, and my fortresse.

4 Deliuer me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the vnrighteous, and cruel man.

5 For thou art my hope, O Lord God: thou art my trust from my youth.

6 By thee haue I bene holden vp from the wombe: thou art hee that tooke mee out of my mothers vowels, my praise shalbe continually of thee.

7 I am as a wonder vnto many, but thou art my strong refuge.

8 Let my mouth bee filled with thy praise, and with thy honour all the day.

9 Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength faileth.

10 For mine enemies speake against mee: and they that lay waite for my soule, take counsell together,

11 Saying, God hath forsaken him: persecute and take him, for there is none to deliuer him.

12 O God, be not farre from mee: O my God, make haste for my helpe.

13 Let them be confounded and consumed, that are aduersaries to my soule: let them bee couered with reproch and dishonour, that seeke my hurt.

14 But I wil hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.

15 My mouth shall shew foorth thy righteousnesse, and thy saluation all the day: for I know not the numbers thereof.

16 I will goe in the strength of the Lord God: I will make mention of thy righteousnesse, euen of thine onely.

17 O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto haue I declared thy wonderous workes.

18 Now also when I am old and gray headed, O God, forsake me not: vntill I haue shewed thy strength vnto this generation, and thy power to euery one that is to come.

19 Thy righteousnes also, O God, is very high, who hast done great things: O God, who is like vnto thee?

20 Thou which hast shewed mee great, and sore troubles, shalt quicken mee againe, and shalt bring mee vp againe from the depthes of the earth.

21 Thou shalt increase my greatnesse, and comfort me on euery side.

22 I will also praise thee with the psalterie, euen thy trueth, O my God: vnto thee will I sing withthe harpe, O thou Holy one of Israel.

23 My lippes shall greatly reioyce when I sing vnto thee: and my soule, which thou hast redeemed.

24 My tongue also shall talke of thy righteousnesse all the day long: for they are confounded, forthey are brought vnto shame, that seeke my hurt.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:23 am
Psalms
Chapter 72

1 A Psalme for Solomon. Giue the King thy Iudgements, O God, and thy Righteousnesse vnto the Kings sonne.

2 Hee shall iudge thy people with righteousnesse, and thy poore with iudgement.

3 The mountaines shal bring peace to the people, and the litle hils, by righteousnesse.

4 Hee shall iudge the poore of the people, he shall saue the children of the needie, and shallbreake in pieces the oppressour.

5 They shall feare thee as long as the Sunne & Moone indure, throughout all generations.

6 Hee shall come downe like raine vpon the mowen grasse: as showres that water the earth.

7 In his dayes shall the righteous flourish: and abundance of peace so long as the Moone endureth.

8 He shall haue dominion also from sea to sea, and from the riuer, vnto the ends of the earth.

9 They that dwell in the wildernesse shall bowe before him: and his enemies shall licke the dust.

10 The kings of Tarshish and of the Isles shall bring presents: the Kings of Sheba and Seba shalloffer gifts.

11 Yea, all Kings shall fall downe before him: all nations shall serue him.

12 For hee shall deliuer the needy when he crieth: the poore also, and him that hath no helper.

13 He shal spare the poore and needy, and shall saue the soules of the needy.

14 He shall redeeme their soule from deceit and violence: and precious shall their blood be in hissight.

15 And he shall liue, and to him shalbe giuen of the gold of Sheba; prayer also shalbe made for himcontinually, and daily shall he be praised.

16 There shalbe an handfull of corne in the earth vpon the top of the mountaines; the fruit thereofshall shake like Lebanon, and they of the citie shall flourish like grasse of the earth.

17 His name shall endure for euer: his name shalbe continued as long as the sunne: and men shalbeblessed in him; all nations shall call him blessed.

18 Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, who only doth wonderous things.

19 And blessed be his glorious name for euer, and let the whole earth be filled with his glory. Amen,and Amen.

20 The prayers of Dauid the sonne of Iesse, are ended.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:57 am
Psalms
Chapter 73

1 A Psalme of Asaph. Truely God is good to Israel, euen to such as are of a cleane heart.

2 But as for mee, my feete were almost gone: my steps had well-nigh slipt.

3 For I was enuious at the foolish, when I sawe the prosperity of the wicked.

4 For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firme.

5 They are not in trouble as other men: neither are they plagued like other men.

6 Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chaine: violence couereth them as a garment.

7 Their eies stand out with fatnes: they haue more then heart could wish.

8 They are corrupt, and speake wickedly concerning oppression: they speake loftily.

9 They set their mouth against the heauens; and their tongue walketh through the earth.

10 Therefore his people returne hither: and waters of a full cup are wrung out to them.

11 And they say, How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High?

12 Behold, these are the vngodly: who prosper in the world, they increase in riches.

13 Uerily I haue cleansed my heart in vaine, and washed my hands in innocencie.

14 For all the day long haue I bene plagued, and chastened euery morning.

15 If I say, I will speake thus: behold, I should offend against the generation of thy children.

16 When I thought to know this, it was too painfull for me,

17 Untill I went into the Sanctuarie of God; then vnderstood I their end.

18 Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them downe into destruction.

19 How are they brought into desolation as in a moment? they are vtterly consumed with terrours.

20 As a dreame when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest thou shalt despise their image.

21 Thus my heart was greeued, and I was pricked in my reines.

22 So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.

23 Neuerthelesse I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.

24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsell; and afterward receiue me to glory.

25 Whom haue I in heauen but thee? and there is none vpon earth that I desire besides thee.

26 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for euer.

27 For loe, they that are farre from thee, shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that goe awhoring from thee.

28 But it is good for me, to drawe neere to God: I haue put my trust in the Lord God, that I maydeclare all thy workes.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:33 am
Psalms
Chapter 74

1 Maschil of Asaph. O God, why hast thou cast vs off for euer? why doeth thine anger smoke against the sheepe of thy pasture?

2 Remember thy Congregation which thou hast purchased of olde: the rod of thine inheritance which thou hast redeemed, this mount Sion, wherein thou hast dwelt.

3 Lift vp thy feete vnto the perpetuall desolations: euen all that the enemie hath done wickedly in the Sanctuarie.

4 Thine enemies roare in the midst of thy congregations: they set vp their ensignes for signes.

5 A man was famous according as he had lifted vp axes vpon the thicke trees.

6 But now they breake downe the carued worke thereof at once, with axes and hammers.

7 They haue cast fire into thy Sanctuary, they haue defiled by casting downe, the dwelling place of thy Nawe to the ground.

8 They said in their hearts, Let vs destroy them together: they haue burnt vp all the Synagogues of God in the land.

9 We see not our signes, there is no more any prophet, neither is there among vs any that knoweth howe long.

10 O God, how long shall the aduersarie reproach? shall the enemie blaspheme thy Name for euer?

11 Why withdrawest thou thy hand, euen thy right hand? plucke it out of thy bosome.

12 For God is my King of old working saluation in the midst of the earth.

13 Thou didst diuide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters.

14 Thou brakest the heads of Leuiathan in pieces, and gauest him to bee meat to the people inhabiting the wildernesse.

15 Thou didst cleaue the fountaine and the flood: thou driedst vp mightie riuers.

16 The day is thine, the night also is thine: thou hast prepared the light and the sunne.

17 Thou hast set all the borders of the earth: Thou hast made Summer and Winter.

18 Remember this, that the enemie hath reproached, O Lord, and that the foolish people haue blasphemed thy Name.

19 O deliuer not the soule of thy turtle doue vnto the multitude of the wicked forget not the Congregation of thy poore for euer.

20 Haue respect vnto the couenant: for the darke places of the earth are full of the habitations of crueltie.

21 O let not the oppressed returne ashamed: let the poore and needie praise thy name.

22 Arise, O God, plead thine owne cause: remember how the foolish man reprocheth thee daily.

23 Forget not the voyce of thine enemies: the tumult of those that rise vp against thee, increaseth continually.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:23 am
Psalms
Chapter 75

1 To the chiefe musician Al-taschith, A Psalme or song of Asaph. Unto thee, O God, doe we giue thankes, vnto thee doe we giue thanks: for that thy name is nere, thy wonderous works declare.

2 When I shall receiue the congregation, I will iudge vprightly.

3 The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolued: I beare vp the pillars of it. Selah.

4 I said vnto the fooles, Deale not foolishly: and to the wicked, Lift not vp the horne.

5 Lift not vp your horne on high: speake not with a stiffe necke.

6 For promotion commeth neither from the East, nor from the West, nor from the South.

7 But God is the iudge: he putteth downe one, and setteth vp another.

8 For in the hand of the Lord there is a cup, and the wine is red: it is full of mixture, and he powreth out of the same: but the dregges thereof all the wicked of the earth shall wring them out, and drinke them.

9 But I will declare for euer; I will sing praises to the God of Iacob.

10 All the hornes of the wicked also will I cut off; but the hornes of the righteous shall be exalted.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:57 am
Psalms
Chapter 76

1 To the chiefe musician on Neginoth, a Psalme or song of Asaph. In Iudah is God knowen: his name is great in Israel.

2 In Salem also is his tabernacle, and his dwelling place in Sion.

3 There brake he the arrowes of the bowe, the shield, and the sword, and the battell. Selah.

4 Thou art more glorious and excellent then the mountaines of pray.

5 The stout hearted are spoiled, they haue slept their sleepe: and none of the men of might haue found their hands.

6 At thy rebuke, O God of Iacob, both the chariot and horse are cast into a dead sleepe.

7 Thou, euen thou art to be feared; and who may stand in thy sight when once thou art angry?

8 Thou didst cause iudgement to be heard from heauen: the earth feared and was still,

9 When God arose to iudgement, to saue all the meeke of the earth. Selah.

10 Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee: the remainder of wrath shalt thou restraine.

11 Uowe, and pay vnto the Lord your God; let all that be round about him bring presents vnto him that ought to be feared.

12 Hee shall cut off the spirit of princes: hee is terrible to the kings of the earth.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:52 am
Psalms
Chapter 77

1 I cryed vnto God with my voice: euen vnto God with my voice, and he gaue eare vnto me.

2 In the day of my trouble, I sought the Lord; my sore ranne in the night, and ceased not: my soule refused to be comforted.

3 I remembred God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was ouerwhelmed. Selah.

4 Thou holdest mine eyes waking: I am so troubled that I cannot speake.

5 I haue considered the dayes of old, the yeeres of auncient times.

6 I call to remembrance my song in the night: I commune with mine owne heart, and my spirit made diligent search.

7 Will the Lord cast off for euer? and will hee be fauourable no more?

8 Is his mercy cleane gone for euer? doth his promise faile for euermore?

9 Hath God forgotten to be gracious? hath he in anger shut vp his tender mercies? Selah.

10 And I sayd, This is my infirmitie: but I will remember the yeeres of the right hand of the most high.

11 I will remember the workes of the Lord: surely I will remember thy wonders of old.

12 I will meditate also of all thy worke, and talke of thy doings.

13 Thy way, O God, is in the Sanctuarie: who is so great a God, as our God?

14 Thou art the God that doest wonders; thou hast declared thy strength among the people.

15 Thou hast with thine arme redeemed thy people, the sonnes of Iacob and Ioseph. Selah.

16 The waters saw thee, O God, the waters saw thee: they were afraid; the depths also were troubled.

17 The cloudes powred out water, the skies sent out a sound; thine arrowes also went abroad.

18 The voice of thy thunder was in the heauen: the lightnings lightned the world, the earth trembled and shooke.

19 Thy way is in the sea, and thy path in the great waters: and thy foot-steps are not knowen.

20 Thou leddest thy people like a flock, by the hand of Moses and Aaron.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games