Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
* Harry Potter; Mauraders' Era; lunch (next muggle studies); Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3;
  <3;
View Results

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:17 pm
Rita collected her books, but didnt move from her seat. She had a question she needed to ask McGonagall, that had been on her mind since freshman year. When most people had left the room, she approached her teacher.

"Professor, do you have the time to answer a quick question?
"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:28 pm
Bellatrix took a breathe of relief when McGornagle dismissed the class. Quickly shoving her things in her bag, she stood up and put her paper on the teacher's desk, catching up to Narcissa in the hallway. Slinging her bag over her shoulder, she sighed, brushing her hair from her face as she got in step with her sister, "Hell of a way to start the year, huh?"  

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

KotokoPlum

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:23 am
Lynna finished what she was writing as the professor wrapped up class. Hurriedly, she grabbed her bag and put her notes on the front desk without much sound.

Striding through the halls towards the Great Hall, she tried to appear nonchalant, though she could not fake being as peppy as she usually was. Brushing past her were a group of fourth years into the Great Hall, alive with movement and chatter.

She scanned the Slytherin table, but found none of her few friends in the House. Sliding onto the crowded bench, she swallowed several bites whilst glancing around a couple times for any sign of people she could talk to.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:40 pm
Professor,do you have time to answer a question?

This was possibly the worst question Ms. Skeeter could ever ask anyone. Her questions never seemed to be anywhere near the topic of the day.

"And just how may I help you Miss Skeeter?" McGonagall asked with the most pleasant smile she could muster.

thebeautyofpain

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:41 am
"And just how may I help you Miss Skeeter?"

Rita grimanced. Maybe she should have just looked up the information on her own instead of asking McGonagall. Seeing Mcgonall not looking any friendler, she decided to just go forward with her question.

"You see professor, I had a question comparing non living or inanimate versus living or animnate object transfigurations and thought you might be able to clear something up. With inanimate objects, its no real question about what happens to the substances that you transfigure. The rearrangement of the matter wont effect the overall function of old or new item. But with animate objects, how do we know we arent hurting the specimen when its transfigured? Better yet, where does everything go?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:45 pm
"Hell of a way to start the year, huh?"

Narcissa rolled her eyes. “The old bat doesn’t want us to have any sort of life, I’m sure of it. It’ll only get worse from here.” She rubbed her hand, which was still sore from all the writing. “It’s those bloody Gryffindors’ faults. They didn’t come to class prepared, so in an attempt to make her house look slightly less stupid, she gave us more work.” She paused for a moment, then added, “We should get revenge somehow.”

Mistril

thebeautyofpain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:23 pm
"Well, Miss Skeeter, I'm glad to see you took the time this summer to actually read the assigned text this summer. Had you looked at Chapter Twelve of the Guide to Advanced Transfiguration you would have answered your own question," McGonagall replied, slightly miffed at Rita's lack of preparation.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:43 am
"Of course Gilderoy, just be aware, I expect your essay to be of the best quality of this period."

Gilderoy smiled brightly at Professor McGonagall. "Of course Professor. I would not hand in any work that is less. Gilderoy Lockhart is only associated with the best quailty." Gilderoy bowed slightly toward Professor McGonagall before turning to face his classmates. " Please do not let my absence deter any of you from also completeing work of the best quality. I shall return shortly." Gilderoy gave a deeper bow to his classmates, then sauntered toward the door. He paused with his hand on the door to turn and give Professor McGonagall one last cheery wave before exiting the classroom.

Once outside the classroom, Gilderoy leaned against the wall with his hands on his knees, thoroughly reliefed to no longer be in class. His hair fell forward over his face, catching the little light streaming through the windows of the hallway. Brisk footsteps alerted him to someones presense in the hallway, heading in his direction. Slowly, he raised himself back into a standing position, removing one hand off his knee to brush his hair away from his face. Gilderoy adorned his trademark smile as the student in the hallway came closer. The said student kept walking, paying Gilderoy no attention. Gilderoy pouted, confused at what had just taken place. How could he have been passed up like some unfortunately disfigured student instead of acknowledged as the radiant student that he is? He glared slightly at the back of the retreating student, before going in the opposite direction. McGonagall probably didn't really expect him to return, so the Grand Hall would be a nice change of scenery. Not to mention many of his fans would be present and might help explain to him what had just occurred. He marched toward the Grand Hall, ready to be fawned over and pampered.

Mmm Bop

KotokoPlum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:40 pm
Odette had apparently spaced out for far too long. She hastily set her paper on the professor's desk and handed the quill to the red-headed Gryffindor.
"Ah, I'm sorry. It seems to have, er, broken," she apologized quickly. She excused herself and walked brusquely towards the exit, half-empty bag in tow.

She stuffed the final belongings into her bag, but as she looked around there was no sight of Lynna anywhere. Crap.

grrrrowwwwwll

...Uhm, I'd better get to lunch before Muggle Studies. As she half-ran to the Great Hall, she heard resounding footsteps behind her. The golden-haired boy trotted in a sort of strut, proudly and with an air of arrogance.
Suppressing a snicker, she fastwalked to the Great Hall and basically devoured her lunch.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:58 pm
Rita frowned at McGonagall. Now did not seem like the time to point out that even though chapter 12 stated differences in the two transformations, it didnt distinguish the effects of the transfigurations on the objects. Sighing, she picked up her books and responded, "Thank you professor. I must have missed that detail during my readings. See you next class."

Once Rita reached the hallway, she half stomped toward the great hall. Without that one bit of information, she wasn't sure if she should proceed with her plan. "McGonagall probably didn't share to discourage illegal activities in transfiguraiton. Or maybe she has some secret she's hiding. That would make things more interesting." Rita walked into the great hall, heading toward the Ravenclaw table. Other than the usual suspects, the great hall was rather empty at lunch time.

edit: i have to log off, i'll round this up when i get back

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers