Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Hufflepuff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:51 am
User Image
User Image

Austin smiled at the new arrival to the table. "Hi I'm Austin. I'm one of the prefects." he said with a smile. Seeing Aerynn approached he waved at her. Of course she got head girl. he thought as he noticed her badge. He smiled at her.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:43 am

Ariana Hawthorne
First Year: Hufflepuff

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana heard a voice speaking, so she turned her head to the left. She smiled as Devin spoke, happy someone was making an effort to help her feel welcomed. "I'm Ariana Hawthorne," she told Devin as she shook his hand. "Thank you," was all she got out before another girl and boy spoke to her. She smiled at Aerynn and Austin. "I'm Ari," she said, shaking their hands. I wonder if she's related to Professor McKenny, she thought, realizing they had the same last name. Tired and hungry, Ariana didn't try keeping up much of a conversation. Not even five minutes have passed since Ariana was sorted into the house, and she already felt better about being here.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:43 pm
User Image

Huffelpuff|1st year|Muggle-Born|Single

Why must I be judged upon the purity of my blood?

Steele walked to his respective table, which was that of Hufflepuff. That ceremony had him frenetic for quite some time, but now, it feels like a load had just been dropped off of his chest. He looked around, hoping to find somewhere alone, but there weren't many seats of that nature. So, he decided to take a seat next to a fellow first year who he had thought was nice. He had overheard one of the conversations and he heard the mentioning of the girl's name a lot. He took a seat next to the girl, who was talking to a blonde third year. The boy was rather big for being a third year, standing at about 5' 5" at the age of 13, but the boy was probably no different than him. He then looked over to the girl when the boy had stopped talking. Steele smiled at her, his blonde curls bouncing a little bit as he moved his head to look at her.

"Hey there, I'm Steele Thompson, and you are?" he asked innocently, hoping to make friends with the girl he actually regarded as pretty. She was pretty, but he'd be too shy to ever say that to her face. So, he just waited for her answer instead, wondering what exactly her full name was. He just heard the common nickname 'Ari' that everyone used, but what did that stand for? Aria, Aris, something.

Will I ever be the same?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:51 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana slightly turned her head to the right to look at the boy who spoke to her. "Hi," she said, smiling. "I'm Ariana Hawthorne," she told him, revealing her full name. "How are you?" she asked in a vague attempt to keep a conversation going. Ariana decided she should try and make a few friends instead of sitting quietly.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:21 pm
User Image

"I'm good; although, I am fairly confused by this whole process though. It is so much unlike any system I've ever seen in London. I come from a muggle born family; so that should explain why I am so confused," he joked, chuckling to himself. He didn't know how willing this girl was with having a conversation with a 'mudblood' like him. He hoped she wasn't another person who judges them. That's honestly why he said it, for if she judged, he would be able to rule out any people for his potential friend's list. He already ruled out Slytherins, for everyone he heard talking showed this prejudice. He would have to prove himself to all those people. They can dislike him all they want, but when it comes to power and skill, he will be superior; that, or he would be the laughing stock of his grade for a very long time. Not very often does a fully mudblood kid come along and achieve more than a lot of people.

"So, what house, I guess, were you wanting to be in because you seem a little upset with this pick?" he asked, a tad bit concerned. He didn't know much about the houses, or what characteristic, but he knew that a lot of the greater wizards come from Gryffindor and Slytherin. Although, the head girl did come from Hufflepuff, and this boy sitting in front of her, was rumored to be extremely great at Transfiguration.

Will I ever be the same?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:31 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana gave him a half smile."It's really simple, actually. The Sorting Hat can read your mind and he knows your characteristics while he's on your head. Depending on your personality and what you're best and worst at, he'll put you in one of these house," she said, gesturing towards all of the tables. She gave a small laugh before saying, "When my brother came to Hogwarts, he tried explaining the sorting to my mom, but she still didn't really understand because she's not a witch." Ariana sat in silence for a moment, not sure how to answer Steele's question. "I don't know. I mean, before, I did want Hufflepuff. This is where my brother was sorted. I wouldn't mind Ravenclaw either because my dad was put in there, but I already knew I didn't stand a chance in that house. It's just, my friend, I think he's gonna be put in Gryffindor, and I guess I wanted to be in the same house as him," she confessed. I just want a friend my house, she thought, hoping Steele would want to be friends.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:55 pm
User Image

Steele listened to the girl closely, not really knowing how the girl felt, for he had no friends here, but maybe she could be his friend. He hoped he could help her, but he really didn't know where to start. But...he would make an effort too, for she was an extremely nice girl. He did know that sometimes it really didn't matter that they are in different houses, for they saw them in class everyday. They just didn't see each other after hours. There had to be people with best friends in different houses.

"Okay, I sort of get it now, but why wouldn't you stand a chance in that house?" he asked confusedly, still confused on how the students differed between houses. He knew that Gryffindors were brave, and Slytherins were usually cold at heart and calculating, but what exactly were Ravenclaw traits. He also did know that Gryffindor was the polar opposite of Slytherin; so does that mean that goes the same for Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. What the hat said to him about being friendly: did that mean Ravenclaws were introverted in a sense. Then again, when looking at the Ravenclaw table, he noticed them all talking; so he figured that wouldn't be correct, but it was a very good statement in a way.

Will I ever be the same?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:06 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana thought about Chase, Kat, and Sam, and how they would all probably end up being put elsewhere. Chase has already been put into Ravenclaw. No surprise there, she thought, remembering their conversation when Sam guessed he'd be in that house. Sam will be in Gryffindor. She glanced at the first years who haven't yet been sorted. I hope Kat gets put here! Kat seemed like a nice girl, and they had no problem getting along. Ariana never really had a problem getting along with anybody, though. Ariana faced Steele, about to answer his question. "Students in Ravenclaw are usually very smart," she told him, thinking about how her father always reads books. If I read a lot of books, would I have been placed in Ravenclaw? she wondered. I guess I won't be getting an answer on that. It was too late to change the past, so she shook the thought from her head.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:30 pm
User Image

User Image

First Year Hufflepuff

With a big almighty smile on her face, Annabelle hoped out of the seat and walked over to the Hufflepuff table. She could see some other first years. Sorting was finally over, the moment she had been waiting for all night, was over within a minute. Hufflepuff was were she belonged. The Sorting Hat never lies. Being slightly upset over the fact the Mark wasn't in Hufflepuff brought Annabelle's spirits fown that they would be close friends. Oh well she shrugged i off and put on a smile.

Hmm, well Mark didn't get put in here, so I may aswell talk to others and make more friends she thought to herself and approached Ariana and Steele.
"Hello, you guys got put here too, huh. My name's Annabelle... Annabelle Humphrey, what are your names?" she said to them happily and sat beside Ariana.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:53 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana looked up at the new, unfamiliar voice. "I'm Ariana Hawthorne," she introduced herself. "I can't wait until the feast starts!" she exclaimed, her stomach grumbling.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:56 pm
User Image

User Image

First Year Hufflepuff

"Nice to meet you Ariana..." Annabelle said and paused for a moment before speaking again "I can't wait for the feast either.. I'm really hungry" she said to Ariana.

Who was the boy with her? Her boyfriend? Her friend? Brother?
"Whats your name?" Annabelle asked and directed her question at Steele, who was sitting with Ariana.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:07 pm
User Image
Hufflepuff|1st year|Muggle-Born|Single

Steele looked at the newest addition to Hufflepuff briefly before answering the girl's question. He occasionally did this to see if he can read someone's posture. He reads people's posture to make sure he will not befriend a trouble maker. Soon enough, he decided that he should answer her, for he was being a tad bit rude by not.

"Hi! I'm Steele Thompson the third. It's a pleasure to meet you...Annabelle," he confessed, smiling at the young girl. He was always the friendly type, but he was polite as well. He always made sure that not only he make friends and be social, but to also keep proper etiquette in doing so.

"It really makes you wonder what they will be feeding us. I hope it's turkey," he exclaimed, excited about the bringing of food in the near future. He loved eating, for it was all he did back home to keep his weight at the same numerical value.

Will I ever be the same?

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:10 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana smiled at Annabelle. "I've been hungry for hours," she told her, imagining the amazing food they'll get to eat any minute. As soon as the sorting is over, food will appear on the tables. Ariana got a bit excited, also hoping for turkey. "I love turkey! I hope they have some!" she exclaimed, almost drooling.

wearing

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:17 pm
User Image

User Image

First Year Hufflepuff

"It's nice to meet you also, Steele" Annabelle said to the boy and smiled. Ariana and Steele were talking about turkey. Even mentioning turkey made Annabelle's, stomach rumble. She loved turkey. But then again, who wouldn't?

"I really like turkey also" she said and paused thinking of what to say next to keep the conversation going. "Have you two known eachother since Hogsmeade station?" she asked and thought of Mark who was over at Slytherin table.

User Image

M i n i R e d S t a r s

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:21 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana shook her head. "No, we actually just met. Right now," she said, letting out a small giggle. The longer Ariana was here, the more she felt like home. So far, everyone has been nice and welcoming towards her and each other.

wearing

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games