Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:40 pm
@ Taryu-Jiai background:

Hida Hogai would raise a brow at Bayushi Kojiro's odd request. "Hmmm... as odd as it is for you to be coming to me about this, friend Kojiro-san, I believe you may be right. Though I think you doubt Kaori's strength. If I ran to her right away like she was some sort of hurt child, she'd take my other hand!" He would stifle a chuckle, then nod to Kojiro. "I will in time. Don't worry."  
Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 10, 7, 9, 5 Total: 31 (4-40)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:04 pm
@Taryu-Jiai Duels

"Let's just say I have a soft spot in my heart for pretty shugenja. Also, it seems like I have my own problem to deal with." Kojiro said as the water Bayushi drench Maru. I better enjoy the sight while it lasts, because it may be the only good thing coming out of this situation.

The bushi moved forward to help out Maru, before the throng of admirers become too great for her to deal with. One thing Kojiro made a point of doing was to look for Kan to see the monk's expression.

OOC: Perception/Investigation check (3k2 Last die is for explosions)
Result: 24  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:10 pm
@ Taryu-Jiai Duels:

Rain Yupa

If there is ever a nemurani invented that would freeze a moment in time and keep the image for eternity to be gawked at, Kyumi would wish for such an item at this time.

Maru's Bayushi would cut through the Matsu, leaving a large wake in the path of the blade through her midsection. However, the Matsu would seem undeterred by this, lifting its own blade with conviction. The Bayushi would look up, and

WHAM!

The force of the blow would cause the Bayushi to explode in a spray of water so fierce, it blew straight back and soaked Soshi Maru down to her bones.

"... WHAT?! How could you... this is... how DARE-

"And the winner for this round is Kitsu Kyumi." Kuni Raicho would suddenly interrupt, gesturing with one hand in Kyumi's direction.

Balling her fists up angrily, Maru would storm off, while Toyoko would bound up to Kyumi, squeeing happily. "You won, Kyumi-chan! I'm so happy! That was amazing!"

Ide Jiro was there surprisingly quick with a towel, hurrying over to Maru's side. Where did he come from, and how did he get that so fast?

Kyumi can't help but beam at the outcome. She certainly didn't expect Maru to end up being drenched, but she certainly didn't mind. After all, one shouldn't play with water if they expect to always stay dry. She would leave the immediate dueling area soon after she was proclaimed the winner.

After Maru stormed off, Kyumi didn't keep track of her opponent. She wasn't particularly interested in the Scorpion shugenja, and Toyoko's congratulations were now taking up her attention. She couldn't help but join Toyoko with squeeing a little herself.

"After all she said at the start of the match, I'm just glad I won! I think I would have died of embarrassment if I had lost." Kyumi would admit. "I just hope I don't end up being eliminated before I get the chance to go up against you!"

"Good luck with your match! I'll be rooting for you!" Kyumi would add enthusiastically.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:17 pm
@ Taryu-Jiai Duels:

Isawa Toyoko vs. Tamori Makoto

Assessment

After a brief celebration with Kyumi, Toyoko would hurry to the circle to engage in her second match. This time, it would be against the confident Tamori Makoto. "Yesterday, I beat you on my turf. Today, let's see if you can beat me on yours, Toyoko-san. Master of Games-to-be versus Master of Magic-to-be! Let's make this the most impressive duel of the evening, you and I." {Makoto calls 3 raises again, getting the opposite of last time; Spellcraft roll of 19 vs TN 20. He learns NOTHING.}

"I wouldn't worry if I were you, Makoto-san. All my duels are impressive. I promise that I won't lose to you again." {With a more conservative call of 2 raises, Toyoko gets a Spellcraft roll of 21 vs TN 15. She chooses to learn his ranks in Meditation, Spellcraft, and his Fire Ring.}

Declaration

"Let us compare our mastery over the Earth, Toyoko-san. Let's see who is better." Once more, from the very earth itself, tiny grains would merge and take shape, building from the ground up until the same muscular shirtless monk from before would form, ready for combat. {Earth-3 Water-1 Fire-2 Air-2 Void-1; TNtbH=12, 3 wounds/level}

Toyoko would shake her head. "I'm sorry, Makoto-san. But that right is reserved for someone special. My fire will do." Summoning her avatar, despite Makoto's disappointment, the same Shiba-esque bushi would take shape, reforming into that same impressive firebird as before. {Earth-2 Fire-3 Water-1 Air-2 Void-1; TNtbH = 12, 2 wounds/level.}

Fight!

His proverbial feathers ruffled, Makoto would waste no time commanding his monk to maneuver first. Making the necessary hand gestures, and upon closer observation, foot gestures against the ground, the monk would move up quickly! It would unleash a flurry of quick jabs, using the combined clenched fingertips of his hands! {1 Raise, 41 vs TN 17, hit} It would cause the firebird to go on the defensive, which is exactly what it wanted, as it would suddenly lunge forward, punching through the firebird with a precise strike to it's heated core. {21 damage}

The firebird would begin to glow brightly, and explode suddenly, knocking Toyoko to the ground with a surprised yelp. The entire front of the monk, as well as its extended right arm, had all turned to glass. It would crackle and shatter as Makoto dismissed it.

"I appreciate the attempt, Toyoko-san. Maybe next time, you will be able to give me an even greater challenge." He would bow deeply, so much so that no one would be able to see his smile, before he would vacate his position opposite the Phoenix shugenja.

"The winner of this match is Tamori Makoto!"

"I... lost?" Toyoko would seem taken aback by this result, unsure what to make of it.

--------------------

The servants would clean the battlefield of debris and glass shards, as Kuni Raicho would be ready to announce the match-ups for the next round.

"The third round, Shinjo Gemmei will start off against Isawa Toyoko; the loser will be eliminated. Following that, Soshi Maru will be pitted against Tamori Makoto. That leaves Kitsu Kyumi, who's fortunate enough to be paired against Kuni Kaori this round; seeing as she has become predictably eliminated before anyone else, Kyumi gets a bye this turn."

What a fortunate turn of events for our Lioness!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:22 pm
@ Taryu-Jiai Background:

Bayushi Kojiro would be able to spot Kan watching the duels. It seemed every male there was either watching Maru, or glaring daggers at Jiro for being so quick to the punch. At first, far enough away where the voices could not be heard, she seemed to be determined to shoo Jiro away. But whatever he said to her, did manage to get him toweling-off privileges.

Kan was more intently focused on Kyumi and Toyoko during their celebration, paying Maru no mind whatsoever.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:40 pm
@ Taryu Jiai Duels

A stronger will than mine. Probably one of the only people who saw their match. With that, Kojiro turned his attention to his fellow Scorpion and noticed the Unicorn toweling her off. I wonder what Maru's price was for that privilege...and I wonder if he'll survive the night to pay it.

"Good evening, Maru-san, Lord Ide. Are you enjoying the duels thus far, Lord Ide?"  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:10 am
@ Taryu-Jiai Duels:

Shinjo Gemmei vs. Isawa Toyoko

"Shinjo Gemmei, Isawa Toyoko, it is time for you to begin!" Raicho would call out, after supervising the clean-up. The two would approach the circle, though Toyoko was more cowed this time.

Assessment

"... good luck, Gemmei-san," Toyoko would greet her opponent meekly, not as curious about her as she should have been. {Raises 1, 15 vs TN 10. Learns Gemmei's Deficiency and Ranks in Spellcraft}

"Toyoko-san. I do not wish to face you if you chose to be so morose. Defeats are plentiful and easy to come by; to be a victor, you must have determination, not pure talent alone. If you can not harness the willpower to win, you won't ever. If you can not face me on these terms, then do not face me at all. Can you do this for me, noble Phoenix?"

Toyoko would blink as if dumbfounded. Blindsided once already, this one would catch her in the other direction, proverbially flooring the young girl. Looking to Kitsu Kyumi, then back at her opponent, she would nod. Her smile was still gone, but her nod was more confident.

"Then you honor me." {2 Raises, Spellcraft of 30 vs TN 15; Gemmei learns Toyoko's Water Ring, Air Ring, and Void Ring}

Declaration

"This will be my last use of my Water avatar. If you really do fight with all your heart, I hope it will be enough to defeat you!" From the water kami in the area, Gemmei's watery bulky Bushi would return, no-dachi eager for action! {Earth-2 Fire-2 Water-2 Air-2 Void-1; TNtbH = 14, 2 wounds/level.}

"I'll use my Earth to def-

"No."

"P-pardon me?"

"You told Tamori Makoto that you were saving your Earth Avatar for someone. I know that I am not she. I wish to test myself against the heat of your phoenix's flames."

Blinking, finally, Toyoko's smile would return. "Then I will grant you this wish." Summoning forth her firey phoenix avatar once more, it would light the night, burning brighter than ever. {Earth-2 Fire-3 Water-1 Air-2 Void-1; TNtbH = 12, 2 wounds/level.}

Fight!

Gemmei's Bushi would fight first, charging forward and attempting to cleave the firebird in two! {1 Raise, 19 vs TN 17, barely a hit!} The blade would cut through the bird in a swift slice, wounding the creature as it cried out in pain. {6 damage, and the Phoenix is Grazed!}

Toyoko would give a funny look of dismay on her face, but seemed to forget about it soon enough as she commanded her firebird to retaliate! It would begin to circle the watery warrior, waiting until it got behind it before raking it with its claws! {15 vs TN 14, hit; 18 damage} As the Phoenix began to peck and claw at the warrior, it dropped its weapon and attempted to knock it away, getting so frantic that it would lose cohesiveness and fall to pieces.

"The winner of this match, is Isawa Toyoko!" Kuni Raicho would announce, signaling to the Phoenix woman. There would be several cheers and claps, and Gemmei would bow in her defeat.

"No! No, I didn't win."

Gemmei would stand up from her bow, a bit of a surprised look on her face.

"What was that?" Kuni Raicho would inquire, seemingly ticked at the disruption to the flow of things.

"No... if you could tell that much, then you deserved to win more than I. You really are a gifted young woman."

Turning to the Unicorn, Raicho would seem to be bothered more. "Would you care to enlighten me as to what you are withholding?"

"Gemmei-san threw the match. She altered her attack at the last moment so it would not have been fatal to my avatar. If she had attacked it as intended, she would have annihilated it, and me." With a pause, she would add, "I concede the match."

"..."

"I am sorry, Toyoko-san. But Raicho-sama has already declared the winner of the match. You shouldn't be so hasty to question the wisdom of your superiors." Gemmei would respond, bowing once more to Toyoko, then once to the magistrate.

"But I-" Toyoko would begin, but Shinjo Gemmei already had turned around, and was exiting the area.

"... I concur. My original decision stands." Kuni Raicho wound announce, a vein in her forehead pulsing from the stress.

Trying to fight back tears, Toyoko would hurry away from the area herself.

From the sidelines, Isawa Sosuke would chase after Toyoko without hesitation.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:41 am
@Taryu-Jiai Duels:

Kyumi watched the match between her new friend and Gemmei with interest, and was surprised at the outcome. She'd never have thought that anyone would throw a match, especially not in a competition like this. A worried look came over her face when she saw Toyoko run away upset, and had been about to join Isawa Sosuke in chasing after her.

However, Omi, who had joined her mistress soon after the match had begun, took a firm grasp on her arm.

"I do not think your friend would want you to see her in her current state. Stay here." Omi said quietly, trying to keep her interactions with her mistress quiet and hoping that Kyumi would not inadvertently cause a scene. Her mistress, however, was not quite as subtle.

Kyumi frowned as she answered. "But she needs a friend!" She would argue back as she began to pry her arm free from her attendant's grasp.

"That's correct. She needs a friend that she has known for more than two days." Omi answered back dryly, making sure to stress exactly how long Kyumi had known Toyoko. "If they do not return, then you can ask after her once the duels have ended. For now, leave her be."

"Fine." Kyumi puffed out her cheeks slightly in annoyance, and slowly "deflated" them as she conceded to Omi's wishes. She had a point- perhaps Kyumi was being far more familiar with the Phoenix Shugenja than she should be...  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:30 am
That was harsh. That was, in Seichiro's opinion, too much. The shugenja was young, and followed the code of bushido to the letter. Both shugenja that battled did. If the winner condeded the win to the loser, which Seichiro saw fair, why did Kuni Raicho act in such a harsh way?

It kept picking at Seichiro's head for a few seconds, and then he finally decided to confront Kuni. He walked over where she stood, bowing before her. "Raicho-sama, a word, if you please?"

((If I shouldn't be doing this, then let me know. I am acting in accordance with Seichiro's Disadvantage, Idealistic))  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:28 am
@ Taryu-Jiai Background:

@ Scorpion Hijinks:

As Kojiro would approach, both Maru and Jiro would whirl around, Jizo taking a step back. "I'm not out of the competition yet, Kojiro. If you're here to 'console' me, I have no need of such words, so you can save your breath."

"Oh, Kojiro, is it?" Ide Jiro would immediately respond. He would bow to the incoming Bayushi. "I admit, I can't say that I've heard a lot about you, but the pleasure is mine nonetheless. I heard you did extremely well in the Archery competition earlier, so congratulations on that!"

Maru would turn and look(?) at Jiro, then to Kojiro. "If that is true, then good work, Kojiro-san. But if you'll excuse me, I have a match to prepare for soon." She would grab the towel from Jiro's hands, and head off on her own, if she was not stopped.

--------------------

@ Lion Hijinks:

Matsu Seichiro would approach the magistrate, addressing her and requesting a moment of her time.

"No. I have no time for words with you. I am in the middle of running a competition here. When you spend a quarter of your life honing your mind, spirit, and body to be able to handle the manipulation of the elemental kami and bending their wills to your own INSTEAD of just swinging a sharp metal stick around like a barbarian, then I will be interested in what you have to say. Now get back to the spectator area." {Deceit (Intimidation) roll of 33. If you wish to resist, you may do so with Willpower/Deceit (Intimidation) with a bravado, or Perception/Investigation (Interrogation) if you don't believe her words.}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:31 am
@ Taryu-jiai Duels:

Soshi Maru vs. Tamori Makoto

Assessment

"I am ready if you finally are, Maru-san. But if you want, I can conjure a fire avatar to dry you; I know Soshi aren't big on the use of fire kami..." After his pale attempt at a joke, Makoto would live life on the edge, calling three raises like prior matches. {Spellcraft roll of 24 vs TN 20. Makoto learns her Fire Ring, Air Ring, Earth Ring, and Water Ring}

"Cute. My prior loss was a minor setback, nothing more. But if you can so handily defeat the Isawa girl, then I'm quite looking forward to this match, Makoto-san..." She would actually smirk, calling two raises. {20 vs TN 15. Maru learns his Fire Ring, Spellcraft skill, and Meditation skill} She seems to like what she sees, and smiles a bit wider.

Declaration

"I'll use my air again. I was foolish to not use it, and I won't lose as long as I do." Readying her scroll, she would say the enchantments upon it, as the air kami would converge into a whirling shape, the masked Shosuro warrior returning to the spotlight. {Earth-1 Water-1 Fire-2 Air-4 Void-1; TNtbH = 22, 1 wound/level.}

"... then let me summon my champion once more. If I win here, I should be a shoo-in to win the whole thing." With his scroll, he would conjure up the sands of the earth to bring his monk of sand to life once more, ready to defend his master. {Earth-3 Water-1 Fire-2 Air-2 Void-1; TNtbH=12, 3 wounds/level}

Fight!

The Monk of Earth is fast, but not nearly as fast as the Shosuro, who fades away in the wind, reappearing behind the charging monk, catching him unawares. He would slash across its back, the tip of its blade barely catching it. {15 vs TN 12, hit} The Monk would stumble from the blow, a large division along its 'spine' as it suffered a nasty wound, though without actual anatomy, it would only be Hurt. {10 damage}

The monk would retaliate with a spinning roundhouse, swiftly kicking its foot at the Shosuro's head. But as the blow would have landed, the Shosuro vanished from sight! {23 vs TN 22+10, miss!}

Content to whittle down the monk slowly but surely, Maru would not have her warrior focus on a killing blow, only to keep its distance! {23 vs TN 12, hit} It would vanish and reappear behind the monk before it could react, delivering a second slash across its back, forming a large X on its back! {Another 10 damage, bringing the total to 20, bringing the monk Down}

The sandy monk would collapse to one knee, finding it impossible to stand with its wounds. Suddenly, it would melt away into a large pile of dust, and its master, Makoto, would speak up. "I concede. Victory is yours, Maru-san." He would bow, and she would in return (though only slightly) in her damp robes. She would say something quietly to herself, and seemed reassured, smirking subtly.

"The winner of this match is Soshi Maru! And with that, the third round is complete."

--------------------

There would be four shugenja left, each with one loss each. Any defeats now will result in the elimination of anyone. Though Kuni Raicho was going over a scroll with the competition layout, as if unsure of something. It would be a few minutes later than usual before she would address the remaining competitors.

"Scheduled this match would have been Soshi Maru and Isawa Toyoko. Kitsu Kyumi would have faced Shinjo Gemmei, while Tamori Makoto would have had his warrior trounce Kuni Kaori. But this would allow two Byes this turn, which would be unfair. Since Tamori Makoto has faced every current competitor, I have decided to keep the current existing match-up. Soshi Maru and Isawa Toyoko, you will start off. Tamori Makoto and Kitsu Kyumi, you will rematch." Kuni Raicho would pause, and look to Kyumi. "I believe this will be a different match for you, Kyumi."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:39 am
@ Storytelling Competition:

It would be time for the final round of critiques to come through. Everyone was finishing up their meals (except for Denbe), and Susumu would start things off.

"That was brave of you to admit the shortcomings of your ancestor. That was noble of you, I'd say." {Critique of 15 vs TN 29}

"A tale perhaps not bragged about over a warm fire, but speaking from a militaristic clan, it was an important story to share. I'm surprised I've never heard this tale before, myself," Hogai would offer a soft smile, and nod towards Kan. {Critique of 17 vs TN 29}

"Hmmmmm...." Ide Jiro would seem lost in thought, staring at Kan intently. He would suddenly perk up, realizing it was his turn. "Oh! It was, ah... enlightening, I suppose. Yes, enlightening. I believe that's the appropriate word for the situation." {Spending a Void, Critique of 45 vs TN 29} Jiro couldn't take his eyes off of Kan, a look that did seem to make the monk more than a little bit uncomfortable.

"That was a very noble thing your ancestor did, and in the name of justice, no less!" {Critique of 6 vs TN 29. Were you even playing attention, Wazuka?}

"I'm not entirely sure if this story was fictional or not. I'm with Hogai, I've never heard anything resembling this tale before. How long ago did you say it happened?"

"It was several centuries ago," Kan would clarify for the Crane.

"Huh. Well, your ancestor still did a service for the Empire, so for that, he should be commended." What, a nice thing from Koan? {Critique of 21 vs TN 29}

"I am glad your ancestor performed such a service to the Asako, as well to the safety of Rokugan. Pity that it wasn't done more efficiently." {Void spent, Critique of 22 vs TN 29}

Final results will come after Denbe's and Kagae's critiques!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:45 am
@Scorpion Hijinks

"That wasn't quite why I was here, Maru-san... Kojiro would mutter under his breath.

The samurai would turn to watch Soshi Maru walk towards her match. "So, Jiro-san, How have you and Lady Shinjo fared at this tournament? Surely it has been exciting so far?"

Kojiro would cheer Maru's victory as he waited for Jiro to speak.  
Mongooseh rolled 7 10-sided dice: 8, 6, 7, 4, 3, 1, 7 Total: 36 (7-70)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:52 am

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:58 am
@ Scorpion Hijinks:

"I must apologize, Kojiro-san. I think I made things a bit awkward for your dear Maru-san, and she wouldn't have been so hasty to leave if it wasn't for me." He would bow to Kojiro out of respect.

"Ah! So you are wise enough to know that Gemmei and I are here, independent of Sayoko. That is good, and a tribute to your keen observational skills." Smiling, he would do a quick look over his shoulder, before addressing a different matter, rather than answering the questions directly.

"I'm a fan of staying informed myself, and there is one person here who eludes me thus far. I fear he may not be who he claims to be. Now, I don't mean to paint him as a villain, and I'm sure he has perfectly good reasons for doing so."

Leaning in closer to Kojiro, he would lower his voice. "You may want to direct your Shosuro friend to keep an eye on the monk. He's far too well informed to be a simple monk like he claims, and he makes me nervous."  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games