Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:13 pm
As Denbe went to investigate the matter Miyako had intended for him to, he began to replay events in his head, trying to put two and two together to get... well, anything. The more he mulled over it, the more it seemed to be a single likely conclusion:

Beyond Kojiro and Miyako, Sanzo is likely the only scorpion in this village.

With a raise, I'll even give you this: You sense that if this is indeed the case, the duplicity probably wasn't meant for the Crab, the Scorpions, you guys, or even the bound, gagged, and unconscious Kaiu magistrate on the ground in this bare room.  
Tei Kae rolled 7 10-sided dice: 3, 6, 6, 9, 2, 8, 9 Total: 43 (7-70)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:27 pm
[1 Void Spent: To gain rank in Investigation. 5k4. Iwao Motive TN 28=24]  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Psychofish rolled 4 10-sided dice: 8, 2, 6, 4 Total: 20 (4-40)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:44 pm
They were being duped; there was only one Scorpion, for whatever reason, though Denbe now saw how one lone Scorpion could have taken this town. There had only been a single other samurai in it to overcome.

So why had a Scorpion gone through the effort to commit an act of war or treason like taking a Crab magistrate hostage, simply to ward off bandits with a shadow-army? It must have been the way it went, but there simply didn't seem to be any motive strong enough for the matter. The logic fell apart there.

If the magistrate was conscious, Denbe would speak to her in a whisper as he drew his tanto.

"Please remain quiet, magistrate. Enemies, could still be about."

The Hare quickly set about cutting her free of her restraints and gag, hoping the magistrate would honor his request so he could work out what exactly needed to be done before combat with Sanzo was forced.

"What happened? Did the Scorpion do this to you?"

[4k3 Awareness/Courtier: 18]  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:17 am
As Denbe approached the magistrate, she seemed to be dazed and out of it. It wasn't until after Denbe cut the rope binding her that she seemed to suddenly snap out of it.

I... don't know why courtier was rolled with that post (unless it was the request to be quiet?), but the magistrate woman would sit up, grabbing Denbe (lightly) by the throat with one hand, covering his mouth with the other.

"Ssshhh.... are you with the Scorpion? If not, I need a weapon. I must insist on you lending me one of yours, for the situation is more dire than you know."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:44 pm
The Hare would quietly wait until she took her hand from his mouth, and then he sheathed his knife.

"I am not with the Scorpion. My yumi, and my tanto are yours."

And with that he removed the bow and offered her up that and the knife together. If she requested the katana, it might require a smooth tongue or particularly forceful presence to convince Denbe to hand it over- he should be obedient to the magistrate, but short of an actual order to give her his weapon, he preferred not to entrust it with someone he had only just met.

"What I know is this; Bayushi Sanzo is here alone, but for whatever reason, he wants everyone convinced otherwise. I also know there are particularly aggressive bandits in these woods. I already had a skirmish with them, retrieving an ally they'd taken hostage. What more is going on here?"  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:30 am
@ Magistrate Machiko:

She would seem to frown/scowl at the knife that was handed to her, looking down at it then back at the Hare. "This will do, I suppose," with an unhappy tone, as she turned away the bow.

"As for what is happening here, far too much duplicity than I could suffer to exist in the lands I am responsible for. That shall be remedied immediately." she would tell him, standing. She paused but for a moment, before rushing to the door.

--------------------

@ Everyone else:

Suddenly, from the doorway Denbe had walked into, an older woman with frazzled hair and distressed robes, looking like she had been sleeping on the ground for days, looked around, her eyes scanning each of you quickly. Miyako, of course, would recognize her as the woman she just knocked out not that long ago.

And she had a knife.

"I am Magistrate Kaiu Machiko of of Yoake province. I hereby assert my authority over these lands and banish you all from this village immediately. If you do not leave within the minute, I will consider it an act of war, and treat you as hostile enem-"

Suddenly, Sanzo would step through the doorway from outside. "Good news; I found one kit that should meet our needs. Let's get your friend... bandaged..." He stopped, looking into Machiko's eyes, as she looked into his.

He would look right at Kojiro and Miyako, and say but a single word in response:

"... really?"

"YOU HONORLESS DOG!" Machiko cries out, suddenly rushing your 'host'. She attempts to stab him with the knife, though he manages to knock the clumsy stab away with the small basket he is carrying!

If anyone is going to get involved, I require initiative rolls!

Machiko - 26
Sanzo - 29  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 12 10-sided dice: 6, 8, 5, 4, 5, 2, 6, 6, 9, 5, 1, 6 Total: 63 (12-120)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:52 pm
Kojiro's initiative!
7k3 w/ 5 additional rolled to handle explosions
Results: 20  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 7 10-sided dice: 1, 6, 4, 6, 6, 8, 4 Total: 35 (7-70)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:20 am
Zanzen would just sigh. Hopefully they could keep the magistrate from killing the man, so they could at least get some answers.

5k4+8 - 22 Init  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:36 pm
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: None
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: -1k0 fire/void.
Hisashi:None
Miyako: None

--------------------

29 - "Bayushi Sanzo", Katana drawn, Full Defense (TNtbH - +8.)
26 - Kaiu Machiko, Tanto drawn, Full Attack
22 - Kakita Zanzen
20 - Bayushi Kojiro
X - Everyone Else

====================

Bayushi Sanzo would drop the medicine kit as a free action, spending his simple action to draw his katana! And then, he would take a Full Defense stance!

Magistrate Machiko seemed undeterred, as she made several wide, vicious slashes with "her" tanto, the steel clanging against Sanzo's, tinging off of his deft parries.

Zanzen, Kojiro, go!  
Plainsfox rolled 16 10-sided dice: 8, 8, 7, 7, 10, 4, 2, 8, 2, 2, 8, 2, 7, 7, 6, 2 Total: 90 (16-160)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:20 pm
@The Village

Kojiro drew his kusari-gama and stood up. In his most commanding tone, he would utter the following. "We are the Jade Wardens! We operate under the auspices of the Jade Magistrate and the Jade Champion, Kuni Utagu! We are here to investigate the disappearance of Jade Magistrate Asako Shisui. We believe that this man, and the bandits in this area may be involved! We ask your aid in this matter, Kaiu-sama!"

OOC:
Awarness/Courtier (Manipulation) 5k3 w/3 dice to handle explosions (First set of eight)
Raises: 1 to emphasis that they ultimately obey a Crab family Daimyo.
Results: 30

Also, shifting into full defense. Agility+Defense 5k3 again w/ 3 additional for explosions. (Second set of eight)
Results: 17  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:13 pm
GM's notes:

--------------------

29 - "Bayushi Sanzo", Katana drawn, Full Defense (TNtbH - +8.)
22 - Kakita Zanzen, Attack Stance, Delaying
20 - Bayushi Kojiro, Kusari-gama drawn, Full Defense (TNtbH - +2)
X - Everyone Else

====================

Machiko's Investigation: 18 vs TN 25
Sanzo's Investigation: 18 vs TN 25

Machiko's Etiquette: 24, plus a raise to be ANGRY (modified 19).

Both Machiko and Sanzo seem to acknowledge Kojiro's words, and both failed to beat his roll, so they believe the validity of his claims!

"He knows nothing of this, I assure you! This imposter is content to sit there on his captured throne, governing this poor village like a tyrant! Always threatening them with acts of cruelty! I'm the only magistrate he's captured, and this wouldn't fall under the jurisdiction of the Jade Magistrates anyways, so your missing magistrate would not have been here. There is no supernatural or unholy acts here, just... just thrice-damned duplicity! Now, hold your tongue!" she responds, barking out her command in the end with a harsh tongue!

Zanzen, do you wish to take any actions now?  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 7 10-sided dice: 7, 6, 10, 6, 3, 10, 9 Total: 51 (7-70)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:14 pm
"Just. Shut. Up. Both of you." Despite his words, the Crane would move forward and attempt to smash his fist into Sanzo's face.

5k2 Juijutsu - 36  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Raganui Minamoto rolled 4 10-sided dice: 10, 1, 1, 3 Total: 15 (4-40)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:15 pm
2k1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:41 pm
GM's notes:

--------------------

29 - "Bayushi Sanzo", Katana drawn, Full Defense (TNtbH - +8.), 11 damage, Grazed (+5)
22 - Kakita Zanzen, Attack Stance, Delaying
20 - Bayushi Kojiro, Kusari-gama drawn, Full Defense (TNtbH - +2)
X - Everyone Else

====================

"...?" Sanzo would double-take as Zanzen stormed up to him. "But... I didn't say anything, friend Cra-*WHAM*

Without a called shot to the head, it would only be a glancing blow against Sanzo's chin, but it was still a sharp one, that sent his mask flying and cracking against the wall. Bayushi Sanzo is grazed!

He would remain paused with his head turned aside for a moment, jaw open, before he would close it and look directly into Zanzen's eyes. "So that's how it's going to be, huh, mismatch-san?"

Reasserting his stance, he would stare down his opponents with a fierce determination. "If you're expecting me to yield, you're barking up the wrong tree," he would announce.

Combat will continue once I have Zanzen's Tides of Battle roll!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:20 pm
Tides of Battle, Sanzo Init - 1k1  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games