Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:26 am
Psalms
Chapter 78
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 Giue eare, O my people, to my Lawe: incline your eares to the wordes of my mouth.

2 I will open my mouth in a parable: I wil vtter darke sayings of old:

3 Which we haue heard, & knowen: and our fathers haue told vs.

4 We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come, the praises of the Lord: and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done.

5 For he established a Testimony in Iacob, and appointed a Law in Israel, which he commaunded our fathers: that they should make them knowen to their children.

6 That the generation to come might know them, euen the children which should be borne: who should arise and declare them to their children:

7 That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God: but keepe his Commandements,

8 And might not bee as their fathers, a stubborne and rebellious generation, a generation that set not their heart aright: and whose spirit was not stedfast with God.

9 The children of Ephraim being armed, and carying bowes, turned backe in the day of battell.

10 They kept not the couenant of God: and refused to walke in his Law:

11 And forgat his workes: and his wonders that he had shewed them.

12 Marueilous things did he in the sight of their fathers: in the land of Egypt, in the field of Zoan.

13 Hee diuided the Sea, and caused them to passe through: and he made the waters to stand as an heape.

14 In the day time also he led them with a cloud: and all the night with a light of fire.

15 Hee claue the rockes in the wildernes: and gaue them drinke as out of the great depthes.

16 Hee brought streames also out of the rocke, and caused waters to runne downe like riuers.

17 And they sinned yet more against him: by prouoking the most High in the wildernes.

18 And they tempted God in their heart: by asking meat for their lust.

19 Yea, they spake against God: they said, Can God furnish a table in the wildernes?

20 Behold, he smote the rocke, that the waters gushed out, & the streames ouerflowed; can he giue bread also? can he prouide flesh for his people?

21 Therefore the Lord heard this, and was wroth, so a fire was kindled against Iacob: and anger also came vp against Israel.

22 Because they beleeued not in God: and trusted not in his saluation:

23 Though he had commanded the cloudes from aboue: and opened the doores of heauen:

24 And had rained downe Manna vpon them to eate, and had giuen them of the corne of heauen.

25 Man did eate Angels food: hee sent them meat to the full.

26 He caused an East wind to blow in the heauen: and by his power hee brought in the South wind.

27 He rained flesh also vpon them as dust: and feathered soules like as the sand of the sea.

28 And hee let it fall in the midst of their campe, round about their habitations.

29 So they did eate, & were well filled: for he gaue them their owne desire.

30 They were not estranged from their lust: but while their meate was yet in their mouthes,

31 The wrath of God came vpon them, and slew the fattest of them: and smote downe the chosen men of Israel.

32 For all this they sinned still: and beleeued not for his wondrous works.

33 Therefore their dayes did he consume in vanitie, and their yeeres in trouble.

34 When hee slew them, then they sought him: and they returned, and inquired early after God.

35 And they remembred that God was their rocke: and the high God, their redeemer.

36 Neuerthelesse they did flatter him with their mouth: and they lyed vnto him with their tongues.

37 For their heart was not right with him: neither were they stedfast in his couenant.

38 But hee being full of compassion, forgaue their iniquity, and destroyed them not; yea many a time turned he his anger away, and did not stirre vp all his wrath.

39 For he remembred that they were but flesh; a wind that passeth away, and commeth not againe.

40 How oft did they prouoke him in the wildernesse: and grieue him in the desert?

41 Yea they turned backe and tempted God: and limited the holy one of Israel.

42 They remembred not his hand: nor the day when hee deliuered them from the enemie:

43 How he had wrought his signes in Egypt: and his wonders in the field of Zoan:

44 And had turned their riuers into blood: and their flouds, that they could not drinke.

45 Hee sent diuers sorts of flies among them, which deuoured them: and frogges which destroyed them.

46 He gaue also their increase vnto the caterpiller: and their labour vnto the locust.

47 He destroyed their vines with haile: and their Sycomore trees with frost.

48 He gaue vp their cattel also to the haile: and their flockes to hot thunder-bolts.

49 He cast vpon them the fiercenesse of his anger, wrath and indignation, and trouble: by sending euill angels among them.

50 He made a way to his anger, hee spared not their soule from death: but gaue their life ouer to the pestilence.

51 And smote all the first borne in Egypt: the chiefe of their strength in the tabernacles of Ham:

52 But made his owne people to goe forth like sheepe: and guided them in the wildernesse like a flocke.

53 And he led them on safely, so that they feared not: but the sea ouerwhelmed their enemies.

54 And he brought them to the border of his sanctuarie: euen to this mountaine which his right hand had purchased.

55 He cast out the heathen also before them, and diuided them an inheritance by line: and made the tribes of Israel to dwell in their tents.

56 Yet they tempted and prouoked the most high God: and kept not his testimonies:

57 But turned backe, and dealt vnfaithfully like their fathers: they were turned aside like a deceitfull bowe.

58 For they prouoked him to anger with their high places: and moued him to ielousie with their grauen images.

59 When God heard this, hee was wroth, and greatly abhorred Israel:

60 So that he forsooke the tabernacle of Shiloh: the tent which he placed among men,

61 And deliuered his strength into captiuitie: and his glory into the enemies hand.

62 He gaue his people ouer also vnto the sword: and was wroth with his inheritance.

63 The fire consumed their young men: and their maidens were not giuen to mariage.

64 Their priests fell by the sword: and their widowes made no lamentation.

65 Then the Lord awaked as one out of sleepe: and like a mighty man that shouteth by reason of wine.

66 And he smote his enemies in the hinder parts: he put them to a perpetuall reproch.

67 Moreouer he refused the tabernacle of Ioseph: and chose not the tribe of Ephraim.

68 But chose the tribe of Iudah: the mount Sion which he loued.

69 And he built his sanctuarie like high palaces: like the earth which he hath established for euer.

70 He chose Dauid also his seruant, and tooke him from the sheepe-folds:

71 From following the ewes great with young, hee brought him to feed Iacob his people, and Israel his inheritance.

72 So he fed them according to the integritie of his heart: and guided them by the skilfulnesse of his hands.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:06 am
Psalms
Chapter 79

1 A psalme of Asaph. O God, the heathen are come into thine, inheritance, thy holy temple haue they defiled: they haue layd Ierusalem on heapes.

2 The dead bodies of thy seruants haue they giuen to bee meate vnto the foules of the heauen: the flesh of thy Saints vnto the beasts of the earth.

3 Their blood haue they shed like water round about Ierusalem: and there was none to burie them.

4 We are become a reproach to our neighbours: a scorne and derision to them that are round about vs.

5 How long, Lord, wilt thou be angry, for euer? shall thy ielousie burne like fire?

6 Powre out thy wrath vpon the heathen that haue not knowen thee, and vpon the kingdomes that haue not called vpon thy name.

7 For they haue deuoured Iacob: and laid waste his dwelling place.

8 O remember not against vs former iniquities, let thy tender mercies speedily preuent vs: for we are brought very low.

9 Helpe vs, O God of our saluation, for the glory of thy Name: and deliuer vs, and purge away our sinnes for thy Names sake.

10 Wherfore should the heathen say, Where is their God? let him be knowen among the heathen in our sight by the reuenging of the blood of thy seruants which is shed.

11 Let the sighing of the prisoner come before thee, according to the greatnesse of thy power: preserue thou those that are appointed to die.

12 And render vnto our neighbours seuen fold into their bosome, their reproach wherewith they haue reproched thee, O Lord.

13 So we thy people and sheepe of thy pasture, will giue thee thankes for euer: we will shew forth thy praise to all generations.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:03 am
Psalms
Chapter 80

1 To the chiefe Musician vpon Shoshannim Eduth, A Psalme of Asaph. Giue eare, shepheard of Israel, thou that leadest Ioseph like a flocke, thou that dwellest betweene the Cherubims, shine forth.

2 Before Ephraim and Beniamin, and Manasseh, stirre vp thy strength: and come and saue vs.

3 Turne vs againe, O God: and cause thy face to shine, and we shall bee saued.

4 O Lord God of hosts, how long wilt thou bee angry against the prayer of thy people?

5 Thou feedest them with the bread of teares: and giuest them teares to drinke in great measure.

6 Thou makest vs a strife vnto our neighbours: and our enemies laugh among themselues.

7 Turne vs againe, O God of hosts, and cause thy face to shine, and we shall be saued.

8 Thou hast brought a vine out of Egypt: thou hast cast out the heathen, and planted it.

9 Thou preparedst roome before it: and didst cause it to take deepe root, and it filled the land.

10 The hilles were couered with the shadow of it, and the boughs thereof were like the goodly cedars.

11 She sent out her boughs vnto the Sea: and her branches vnto the riuer.

12 Why hast thou then broken downe her hedges: so that all they which passe by the way, doe plucke her?

13 The boare out of the wood doth waste it: and the wild beast of the field doth deuoure it.

14 Returne, we beseech thee, O God of hosts: looke downe from heauen, and behold, and visit this vine:

15 And the vineyard which thy right hand hath planted: and the branch that thou madest strong for thy selfe.

16 It is burnt with fire, it is cut downe: they perish at the rebuke of thy countenance.

17 Let thy hand be vpon the man of thy right hand: vpon the sonne of man, whom thou madest strong for thy selfe.

18 So will not wee goe backe from thee: quicken vs, and we will call vpon thy Name.

19 Turne vs againe, O Lord God of hosts, cause thy face to shine, and wee shall be saued.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:57 am
Psalms
Chapter 81

1 To the chiefe Musician vpon Gittith. A Psalme of Asaph. Sing alowd vnto God our strength: make a ioyfull noise vnto the God of Iacob.

2 Take a Psalme, and bring hither the timbrell: the pleasant harpe with the psalterie.

3 Blow vp the trumpet in the new Moone: in the time appointed on our solemne feast day.

4 For this was a Statute for Israel: and a Law of the God of Iacob.

5 This he ordained in Ioseph for a testimonie, when he went out through the land of Egypt: where I heard a language, that I vnderstood not.

6 I remoued his shoulder from the burden: his handes were deliuered from the pots.

7 Thou calledst in trouble, and I deliuered thee, I answered thee in the secret place of thunder: I proued thee at the waters of Meribah. Selah.

8 Heare, O my people, and I will testifie vnto thee: O Israel, if thou wilt hearken vnto me:

9 There shall no strange God be in thee: neither shalt thou worship any strange God.

10 I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.

11 But my people would not hearken to my voice: and Israel would none of me.

12 So I gaue them vp vnto their owne hearts lust: and they walked in in their owne counsels.

13 O that my people had hearkned vnto me: and Israel had walked in my wayes!

14 I should soone haue subdued their enemies, and turned my hand against their aduersaries.

15 The haters of the Lord should haue submitted themselues vnto him: but their time should haue endured for euer.

16 Hee should haue fedde them also with the finest of the wheat: and with honie out of the rocke, should I haue satisfied thee.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:17 am
Psalms
Chapter 82

1 A Psalme of Asaph. God standeth in the Congregation of the mightie: hee iudgeth among the gods.

2 How long will yee iudge vniustly: and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

3 Defend the poore and fatherlesse: doe iustice to the afflicted and needie.

4 Deliuer the poore and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

5 They know not, neither wil they vnderstand; they walke on in darknes: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6 I haue said, Ye are gods: and all of you are children of the most High:

7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the Princes.

8 Arise, O God, iudge the earth: for thou shalt inherite all nations.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:30 am
Psalms
Chapter 83

1 A song or Psalme of Asaph. Keepe not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God.

2 For loe, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee, haue lift vp the head.

3 They haue taken craftie counsell against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones.

4 They haue said, Come, and let vs cut them off from being a nation: that the name of Israel may bee no more in remembrance.

5 For they haue consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee.

6 The tabernacles of Edom, and the Ishmaelites: of Moab, and the Hagarens.

7 Gebal and Ammon, and Amalek: the Philistines, with the inhabitants of Tyre.

8 Assur also is ioyned with them: they haue holpen the children of Lot. Selah.

9 Doe vnto them as vnto the Midianites: as to Sisera, as to Iabin, at the brooke of Kison:

10 Which perished at En-dor: they became as dung for the earth.

11 Make their nobles like Oreb, and like Zeeb: yea all their princes as Zebah, and as Zalmunna:

12 Who sayd, Let vs take to our selues, the houses of God in possession.

13 O my God, make them like a wheele: as the stubble before the wind.

14 As the fire burneth a wood: and as the flame setteth the mountaines on fire:

15 So persecute them with thy tempest: and make them afraid with thy storme.

16 Fill their faces with shame: that they may seeke thy name, O Lord.

17 Let them be confounded and troubled for euer: yea let them be put to shame, and perish:

18 That men may knowe, that thou, whose name alone is IEHOVAH: art the most High ouer all the earth.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:39 am
Psalms
Chapter 84

1 To the chiefe musician vpon Gittith, a Psalme for the sonnes of Korah. How amiable are thy tabernacles, O Lord of hostes!

2 My soule longeth, yea euen fainteth for the courts of the Lord: my heart and my flesh cryeth out for the liuing God.

3 Yea the sparrowe hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for her selfe, where she may lay her young, euen thine altars, O Lord of hostes, my king and my God.

4 Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they wilbe still praysing thee. Selah.

5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee: in whose heart are the wayes of them:

6 Who passing through the valley of Baca, make it a well: the raine also filleth the pooles.

7 They goe from strength to strength: euery one of them in Zion appeareth before God.

8 O Lord God of hostes, heare my prayer: giue eare, O God of Iacob. Selah.

9 Behold, O God our shield: and looke vpon the face of thine anointed.

10 For a day in thy courts, is better then a thousand: I had rather be a doore keeper in the house of my God, then to dwell in the tents of wickednesse.

11 For the Lord God is a sunne and shield: the Lord will giue grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walke vprightly.

12 O Lord of hostes: blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:22 am
Psalms
Chapter 85

1 To the chiefe musician, a Psalme for the sonnes of Korah. Lord, thou hast bene fauourable vnto thy land: thou hast brought backe the captiuity of Iacob.

2 Thou hast forgiuen the iniquitie of thy people, thou hast couered all their sinne. Selah.

3 Thou hast taken away all thy wrath: thou hast turned thy selfe from the fiercenesse of thine anger.

4 Turne vs, O God of our saluation: and cause thine anger towards vs to cease.

5 Wilt thou be angry with vs for euer? wilt thou drawe out thine anger to all generations?

6 Wilt thou not reuiue vs againe: that thy people may reioyce in thee?

7 Shew vs thy mercy, O Lord; and graunt vs thy saluation.

8 I will heare what God the Lord will speake: for hee will speake peace vnto his people, and to his Saints: but let them not turne againe to folly.

9 Surely his saluation is nigh them that feare him; that glory may dwell in our land.

10 Mercy and truth are met together: righteousnesse and peace haue kissed each other.

11 Truth shall spring out of the earth: and righteousnesse shall looke downe from heauen.

12 Yea the Lord shall giue that which is good: and our land shall yeeld her increase.

13 Righteousnes shall go before him: and shall set vs in the way of his steps.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:46 am
Psalms
Chapter 86

1 A prayer of Dauid. Bow downe thine eare, O Lord, heare me: for I am poore & needy.

2 Preserue my soule, for I am holy: O thou my God, saue thy seruant, that trusteth in thee.

3 Be merciful vnto me, O Lord: for I cry vnto thee daily.

4 Reioyce the soule of thy seruant: for vnto thee (O Lord) doe I lift vp my soule.

5 For thou Lord art good, and ready to forgiue: and plenteous in mercie vnto all them that call vpon thee.

6 Giue eare O Lord, vnto my prayer: and attend to the voice of my supplications.

7 In the day of my trouble I will call vpon thee: for thou wilt answere mee.

8 Among the gods there is none like vnto thee (O Lord:.) neither are there any workes like vnto thy workes.

9 All nations whom thou hast made, shall come and worship before thee, O Lord: and shall glorifie thy Name.

10 For thou art great, and doest wonderous things: thou art God alone.

11 Teach me thy way, O Lord, I will walke in thy trueth: vnite my heart to feare thy Name.

12 I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I wil glorifie thy Name for euermore.

13 For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast deliuered my soule from the lowest hell.

14 O God, the proud are risen against mee, and the assemblies of violent men haue sought after my soule: and haue not set thee before them.

15 But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious: long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and trueth.

16 O turne vnto me, and haue mercie vpon me, giue thy strength vnto thy seruant: and saue the sonne of thine handmaid.

17 Shew me a token for good, that they which hate me may see it, and bee ashamed: because thou, Lord, hast holpen me, and comforted me.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:17 am
Psalms
Chapter 87

1 A Psalme or song for the sonnes of Korah. His foundation is in the holy mountaines.

2 The Lord loueth the gates of Zion: more then all the dwellings of Iacob.

3 Glorious things are spoken of thee, O Citie of God. Selah.

4 I will make mention of Rahab, and Babylon, to them that know mee; behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia: this man was borne there.

5 And of Zion it shalbe said, This and that man was borne in her: and the highest himselfe shall establish her.

6 The Lord shall count when he writeth vp the people: that this man was borne there. Selah.

7 As wel the singers as the players on instruments shall bee there: all my springs are in thee.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:23 am
Psalms
Chapter 88

1 A song or Psalme for the sonnes of Korah, to the chiefe Musician vpon Mahalath Leannoth, Maschil of Heman the Ezrahite. O Lord God of my saluation, I haue cried day and night before thee.

2 Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine eare vnto my cry.

3 For my soule is full of troubles: and my life draweth nigh vnto the graue.

4 I am counted with them that go downe into the pit: I am as a man that hath no strength.

5 Free among the dead, like the slaine that lie in the graue, whom thou remembrest no more: and they are cut off from thy hand.

6 Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit: in darkenesse, in the deepes.

7 Thy wrath lieth hard vpon me: and thou hast afflicted me with all thy waues. Selah.

8 Thou hast put away mine acquaintance farre from mee: thou hast made me an abomination vnto them: I am shut vp, and I cannot come forth.

9 Mine eye mourneth by reason of affliction, Lord, I haue called daily vpon thee: I haue stretched out my hands vnto thee.

10 Wilt thou shew wonders to the dead? shal the dead arise and praise thee? Selah.

11 Shall thy louing kindnesse be declared in the graue? or thy faithfulnesse in destruction?

12 Shall thy wonders be knowen in the darke? and thy righteousnesse in the land of forgetfulnesse?

13 But vnto thee haue I cried, O Lord, and in the morning shall my prayer preuent thee.

14 Lord, why castest thou off my soule? why hidest thou thy face from me?

15 I am afflicted and ready to die, from my youth vp: while I suffer thy terrours, I am distracted.

16 Thy fierce wrath goeth ouer me: thy terrours haue cut me off.

17 They came round about mee daily like water: they compassed mee about together.

18 Louer and friend hast thou put farre from me: and mine acquaintance into darkenesse.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:16 am
Psalms
Chapter 89

1 Maschil of Ethan the Ezrahite. I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for euer: with my mouth will I make knowen thy faithfulnesse to all generations.

2 For I haue said, Mercie shall bee built vp for euer: thy faithfulnesse shalt thou establish in the very heauens.

3 I haue made a couenant with my chosen: I haue sworne vnto Dauid my seruant.

4 Thy seed will I stablish for euer: and build vp thy throne to all generations. Selah.

5 And the heauens shall praise thy wonders, O Lord: thy faithfulnes also in the congregation of the Saints.

6 For who in the heauen can be compared vnto the Lord? who among the sonnes of the mightie can be likened vnto the Lord?

7 God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the Saints: and to bee had in reuerence of all them that are about him.

8 O Lord God of hosts, who is a strong Lord like vnto thee? or to thy faithfulnesse round about thee?

9 Thou rulest the raging of the sea: when the waues thereof arise; thou stillest them.

10 Thou hast broken Rahab in pieces, as one that is slaine: thou hast scattered thine enemies with thy strong arme.

11 The heauens are thine, the earth also is thine: as for the world and the fulnes thereof, thou hast founded them.

12 The North and the South, thou hast created them: Tabor and Hermon shall reioyce in thy Name.

13 Thou hast a mighty arme: strong is thy hand, and high is thy right hand.

14 Iustice and iudgement are the habitation of thy throne: mercie and trueth shall goe before thy face.

15 Blessed is the people that knowe the ioyfull sound: they shall walke O Lord in the light of thy countenance.

16 In thy name shall they reioyce all the day: and in thy righteousnes shall they be exalted.

17 For thou art the glory of their strength: and in thy fauour our horne shall be exalted.

18 For the Lord is our defence: and the holy One of Israel is our king.

19 Then thou spakest in vision to thy holy one, and saidst, I haue laid helpe vpon one that is mightie: I haue exalted one chosen out of the people.

20 I haue found Dauid my seruant: with my holy oile haue I anointed him.

21 With whome my hand shall bee established: mine arme also shall strengthen him.

22 The enemie shall not exact vpon him: nor the sonne of wickednesse afflict him.

23 And I will beate downe his foes before his face: and plague them that hate him.

24 But my faithfulnesse and my mercy shalbe with him: and in my name shall his horne be exalted.

25 I will set his hand also in the sea: and his right hand in the riuers.

26 He shall crie vnto mee, Thou art my father: my God, and the rocke of my saluation.

27 Also I will make him my first borne: higher then the kings of the earth.

28 My mercy will I keepe for him for euermore: and my couenant shall stand fast with him.

29 His seed also will I make to indure for euer: and his throne as the dayes of heauen.

30 If his children forsake my lawe, and walke not in my iudgements;

31 If they breake my statutes, and keepe not my commandements:

32 Then will I visite their transgression with the rod, and their iniquitie with stripes.

33 Neuerthelesse, my louing kindnesse will I not vtterly take from him: nor suffer my faithfulnesse to faile.

34 My couenant will I not breake: nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lippes.

35 Once haue I sworne by my holinesse; that I will not lye vnto Dauid.

36 His seede shall endure for euer; and his throne as the sunne before me.

37 It shalbe established for euer as the Moone: and as a faithfull witnesse in heauen. Selah.

38 But thou hast cast off and abhorred: thou hast bene wroth with thine anointed.

39 Thou hast made voyd the couenant of thy seruant: thou hast profaned his crowne, by casting it to the ground.

40 Thou hast broken downe all his hedges: thou hast brought his strong holds to ruine.

41 All that passe by the way; spoile him: hee is a reproach to his neighbours.

42 Thou hast set vp the right hand of his aduersaries: thou hast made all his enemies to reioyce.

43 Thou hast also turned the edge of his sword: and hast not made him to stand in the battaile.

44 Thou hast made his glory to cease: and cast his throne downe to the ground.

45 The dayes of his youth hast thou shortned: thou hast couered him with shame. Selah.

46 How long, Lord, wilt thou hide thy selfe, for euer? shall thy wrath burne like fire?

47 Remember how short my time is: wherefore hast thou made all men in vaine?

48 What man is he that liueth, and shall not see death? shall he deliuer his soule from the hand of the graue? Selah.

49 Lord, where are thy former louing kindnesses, which thou swarest vnto Dauid in thy trueth?

50 Remember (Lord) the reproach of thy seruants: how I doe beare in my bosome the reproache of all the mighty people.

51 Wherewith thine enemies haue reproached, O Lord: wherewith they haue reproached the foote-steppes of thine Annointed.

52 Blessed be the Lord for euermore, Amen, and Amen.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:07 am
Psalms
Chapter 90

1 A prayer of Moses the man of God. Lord, thou hast bene our dwelling place in all generations.

2 Before the mountaines were broughtforth, or euer thou hadst formed the earth and the world: euen from euerlasting to euerlasting thou art God.

3 Thou turnest man to destruction: and sayest, Returne yee children of men.

4 For a thousand yeeres in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past: and as a watch in the night.

5 Thou carriest them away as with a flood, they are as a sleepe: in the morning they are like grasse which groweth vp.

6 In the morning it flourisheth, and groweth vp: in the euening it is cut downe, and withereth.

7 For we are consumed by thine anger: and by thy wrath are we troubled.

8 Thou hast set our iniquities before thee: our secret sinnes in the light of thy countenance.

9 For all our dayes are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our yeeres as a tale that is told.

10 The dayes of our yeres are threescore yeeres and ten, and if by reason of strength they be fourescore yeeres, yet is their strength labour and sorrow: for it is soone cut off, and we flie away.

11 Who knoweth the power of thine anger? euen according to thy feare, so is thy wrath.

12 So teach vs to number our daies: that wee may apply our hearts vnto wisedome.

13 Returne (O Lord) how long? and let it repent thee concerning thy seruants.

14 O satisfie vs early with thy mercie: that we may reioyce, and be glad all our dayes.

15 Make vs glad according to the dayes wherein thou hast afflicted vs: and the yeeres wherein we haue seene euil.

16 Let thy worke appeare vnto thy seruants: and thy glory vnto their children.

17 And let the beautie of the Lord our God be vpon vs, and establish thou the worke of our hands vpon vs: yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:33 am
Psalms
Chapter 91

1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most high: shall abide vnder the shadow of the Almightie.

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge, and my fortresse: my God, in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliuer thee from the snare of the fouler: and from the noisome pestilence.

4 Hee shall couer thee with his feathers, and vnder his wings shalt thou trust: his trueth shall bee thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not bee afraid for the terrour by night: nor for the arrow that flieth by day:

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darknes: nor for the destruction, that wasteth at noone-day.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand: but it shall not come nigh thee.

8 Onely with thine eyes shalt thou behold: & see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, euen the most High, thy habitation:

10 There shall no euill befall thee: neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For hee shall giue his Angels charge ouer thee: to keepe thee in all thy wayes.

12 They shall beare thee vp in their hands: lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13 Thou shalt tread vpon the Lion, and adder: the yong Lion and the dragon shalt thou trample vnder feete.

14 Because he hath set his loue vpon me, therefore will I deliuer him: I wil set him on high, because hee hath knowen my Name.

15 He shall call vpon me, and I will answere him: I will bee with him in trouble, I will deliuer him, and honour him.

16 With long life wil I satisfie him: and shew him my saluation.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:50 am
Psalms
Chapter 92

1 A Psalme or song for the Sabbath day. It is a good thing to giue thanks vnto the Lord, and to sing praises vnto thy Name, O most High:

2 To shew foorth thy louing kindnesse in the morning: and thy faithfulnesse euery night:

3 Upon an instrument of tenne strings, and vpon the psalterie: vpon the harpe with a solemne sound.

4 For thou, Lord, hast made me glad through thy worke: I will triumph in the workes of thy hands.

5 O Lord, how great are thy workes! and thy thoughts are very deepe.

6 A brutish man knoweth not: neither doeth a foole vnderstand this.

7 When the wicked spring as the grasse, and when all the workers of iniquitie doe flourish: it is that they shall be destroyed for euer.

8 ΒΆ But thou, Lord, art most high for euermore.

9 For loe, thine enemies, O Lord, for loe, thine enemies shall perish: all the workers of iniquity shalbe scattred.

10 But my horne shalt thou exalt like the horne of an vnicorne: I shalbe anointed with fresh oyle.

11 Mine eye also shall see my desire on mine enemies: and mine eares shall heare my desire of the wicked that rise vp against me.

12 The righteous shal flourish like the palme tree: hee shall growe like a cedar in Lebanon.

13 Those that be planted in the house of the Lord, shall flourish in the courts of our God.

14 They shal still bring forth fruit in old age: they shalbe fat, & flourishing:

15 To shew that the Lord is vpright: hee is my rocke, and there is no vnrighteousnesse in him.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games